chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then that means he was already Yonko FM level since the start of time skip.
Then that also means he was stronger than pre-Katakuri fight Luffy.
Luffy had G4 before the Kata fight and technically since the start of the skip as well so....no.
Post automatically merged:

Stop.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Luffy had G4 before the Kata fight and technically since the start of the skip as well so....no.
Post automatically merged:

Stop.
How does G4 help him here? Luffy had G4 when he fought Cracker and he nearly got his arm chopped off. If Zoro is indeed YFM level then he'll easily stall G4 Luffy until the time limit hits and then proceed to one shot Luffy.

Need I remind you that Luffy isn't beating any YFM in a fair 1 v 1 until he sorts out his G4 time limit.

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Not necessarily. If Zoro gets assistance or King confronts someone prior to their alleged match-up (I think Zoro vs King is a terrible idea BTW), this won't be the case. Also SH's are admitted grow stronger from one island to the next. Regardless of how mundane their involvement is. Its also insulting to the reader if Luffy required Doflamingo, Cracker, Katakuri to develop his capabilities to reach FM. There's effort in which we can gauge his development. Try replace Kata or Marco versus Pica. That fight shouldn't have lasted that long. Infact, Pica would've been one shot & Zoro would kept riding on the bull & had a role against Mingo.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What a load of nonsense.

Zoro is just as much subject to the power creep as anyone else because he has to move on in the story as a main character. Just because Oda didn't utilize him to his full potential doesn't mean he didn't grow.

Just look at the Whitebeard commanders in the Marineford arc, just forget that that arc ever happened and move it over to the new world. How different would they all fight and how much stronger would they be. The whitebeard pirates were sacrificial lambs.

If Zoro really was that strong early in the New World, it would've been nice if he finished off Hody Jones or the Yeti Cool Brothers. I don't really see Katakuri, Marco or King struggle against people like that.

According to your logic the same Luffy that left Fuusha village at the start of his journey and fought Kuro was already strong enough to beat Crocodile and Enel too.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it doesn’t lol I swear some of you people don’t know how to use your own sense sometimes.

First off, we have literally no idea how King vs Zoro will even play out, not to mention as likely as the fight is(it’s definitely happening imo) it’s still not confirmed to happen.

We don’t know how the fight will play out, whose to say Zoro won’t get a power up before the fight or during the fight? We know he’s probably going to get a new sword most likely the Nidai Kitetsu so that pretty much already eliminates the silly notion that he was FM Level since the beginning of the TS.

Also I believe Zoro is going to fight Orochi first who will be YC3 level then fight King who is YC1 level basically mirroring the power progression Luffy got in WCI. So he definitely wasn’t FM level since the start of the TS and probably currently isn’t strong enough to even face King at least right now.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Logically yes, but story wise actually not really. They went head to head in whiskey peak all out and were stale until they were stopped. So Zoro has a gag in him of being weaker but Oda using him in Saitama like situations
My favorite character is akainu of course. But I have two very specific moments that absolutely stand out to me more than any other moments in all of one piece for some reason.

1. Zoro soloing everyone at whiskey peak

2. Zoro soloing Neptune and his underlings

Jerry Berry

Kin
3,505💸
Kumi
9,166💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think zoro has grown since time skip thought it just hasn't been obvious/on screen. I think he is stronger than where he was post timeskip.I expect king to challenge him but he will grow in the midst of battle the same as luffy has in his fights. I don't think it's as cut and dry as "he has been this strong the whole time".