Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'd like to think that starting an organization that connects all local farmers and sets distribution plans to distribute crops to all the local citizens for free would attract selfless volunteers and it'd grow from there. Legalize industrial hemp as the best alternative to feed cattle, saving other crops that were previously used to feed the cattle and distribute that extra load of crops to the people instead.

Revive the technology to build motors that need hydrogen as fuel and release that technology in such a boom that the intelligence agencies cannot suppress it to keep their chattle (us) chained.

Apply anthropology to all primary schools and change the set standard of creating degenerate obedient workers that think a degree makes you smart into creating free-thinking problem solving, bright generations that uphold the enjoyment of life and problem-solving at its core.

Highly unlikely, all of this obviously.

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nothing. I'd grow to resent doing anything for hrs on end everyday... i don't think i have any job related passions.
There is no job that would make me happy. Working is wasting limited lifetime.
This pretty much sums up my mindset when it comes to working. It's simply put; paid slavery.

Reactions: Lia

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In other words, what career or job would you have if the world somehow ran on the exchange of happiness for services and goods?
We already have an economy that functions -exactly- like this.

The 'money' we exchange each and every day is simply a number backed by the "full faith and credit" in its issuing authority. It all pretty much rests upon whether or not we have faith that the numbers printed by our governments mean something.

Of course, it's still the exchange of happy rays of hopeful sunshine. Eventually, you get to a point where people need more than 'full faith and credit' - they need product and results. Once you've bartered your sunshine away to that point, the happy rays of sunshine are worth absolutely nothing as no one is willing to trade smiles for hours of hard work and no guarantee of food or that the landlord is going to be as impressed by their smile after it's been displayed a million times over that day.

Which is why the markets are currently declining and nations are making the decision to print money like there's no tomorrow. This is why the dollar is deflating (getting stronger) and the price of commodities are dropping through the floor (along with other things). Which, normally, this would be a good thing...

But we still have far more debt to pay off than we can ever realistically collect. The net result is the only way for our government to 'pay' that debt is to inflate it away. When you hold bonds promising you $1,000,000,000,000 in U.S. dollars, and then the U.S. decides to print enough currency to drop the price of the dollar by, say, 5% like China just did with their Yuan - then you just lost over 50 -billion- dollars of purchasing power with those bonds overnight.

But if both prices and wages inflate in the U.S. - then it means that the same population can now be taxed on 5% or so more income - which means it is easier to generate the dollars necessary to satisfy the amount stated as being owed by the bond.

See - USED TO BE - a nation required gold or silver to really make international trade, because countries didn't want each others' currency bonds. The reason the Dollar became the world reserve currency was because the U.S. allowed nations to exchange their held dollars for gold and/or silver. The Dollar was 'as good as Gold.'

Until the U.S. stopped doing that and has not allowed that.

Of course - since everyone, by that point, was validating their own treasury notes through the holding of U.S. treasury bonds, it was too late to go back to holding gold. The world just went along with the U.S. dollar being completely fiat and, themselves, becoming completely fiat.

Every currency in use on the face of the planet, spare for the gold and silver bullion minted privately and a few of the digital crypto currencies, is nothing more than a happy ray of sunshine.

[video=youtube;OQWMd_NPSBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQWMd_NPSBA[/video]

This is an incredibly important video series, and I highly advise you to watch all of it.

However, the last one (the one I linked to) is perhaps one of the most important for people to understand from a 'real' standpoint.

-every- gold and silver coin that can be found by -any- civilization that made said coin can STILL be used to purchase goods and services today, nearly 3,000 years after they were created. Even the bits of gold and silver that were used prior to the true minting of coins can still be used to purchase goods and services, today.

Not one paper currency from any empire has ever survived to hold value into today.

They are all happy rays of sunshine.

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

The 'money' we exchange each and every day is simply a number backed by the "full faith and credit" in its issuing authority. It all pretty much rests upon whether or not we have faith that the numbers printed by our governments mean something.

Of course, it's still the exchange of happy rays of hopeful sunshine. Eventually, you get to a point where people need more than 'full faith and credit' - they need product and results. Once you've bartered your sunshine away to that point, the happy rays of sunshine are worth absolutely nothing as no one is willing to trade smiles for hours of hard work and no guarantee of food or that the landlord is going to be as impressed by their smile after it's been displayed a million times over that day.

Which is why the markets are currently declining and nations are making the decision to print money like there's no tomorrow. This is why the dollar is deflating (getting stronger) and the price of commodities are dropping through the floor (along with other things). Which, normally, this would be a good thing...

But we still have far more debt to pay off than we can ever realistically collect. The net result is the only way for our government to 'pay' that debt is to inflate it away. When you hold bonds promising you $1,000,000,000,000 in U.S. dollars, and then the U.S. decides to print enough currency to drop the price of the dollar by, say, 5% like China just did with their Yuan - then you just lost over 50 -billion- dollars of purchasing power with those bonds overnight.

But if both prices and wages inflate in the U.S. - then it means that the same population can now be taxed on 5% or so more income - which means it is easier to generate the dollars necessary to satisfy the amount stated as being owed by the bond.

See - USED TO BE - a nation required gold or silver to really make international trade, because countries didn't want each others' currency bonds. The reason the Dollar became the world reserve currency was because the U.S. allowed nations to exchange their held dollars for gold and/or silver. The Dollar was 'as good as Gold.'

Of course - since everyone, by that point, was validating their own treasury notes through the holding of U.S. treasury bonds, it was too late to go back to holding gold. The world just went along with the U.S. dollar being completely fiat and, themselves, becoming completely fiat.

Every currency in use on the face of the planet, spare for the gold and silver bullion minted privately and a few of the digital crypto currencies, is nothing more than a happy ray of sunshine.

This is an incredibly important video series, and I highly advise you to watch all of it.

However, the last one (the one I linked to) is perhaps one of the most important for people to understand from a 'real' standpoint.

-every- gold and silver coin that can be found by -any- civilization that made said coin can STILL be used to purchase goods and services today, nearly 3,000 years after they were created. Even the bits of gold and silver that were used prior to the true minting of coins can still be used to purchase goods and services, today.

Not one paper currency from any empire has ever survived to hold value into today.

I knew you would post that video.

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't believe I've posted that particular one, here, before. I could be wrong. I may have posted it once, before.

I have posted others from the series, however. You are probably thinking of Episode 4.
I think you've only done it once before, but it is a good video nonetheless. It did educate me at least.

NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would do what I am doing now, write

Though for ultimate happiness I would spend my days with Gin Ichimaru, I would be super duper rich then

Elio

Supreme
Kin
1,938💸
Kumi
13,129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Not sure if you misunderstood the thread. Our economy is not like this... I am not an animal caretaker, despite how happy I would be working as one, because the pay is so low. If the economy somehow were able to run on an exchange of happiness, I would be animal caretaker, and would be a pretty rich one.