[Discussion] How should Mafia Game Medals be awarded?

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After a certain amount of games we get all of the MVPs and have them play a game, the MVP of that game gets the medal
That would be another medal for the MVP of the year, to take the first 3 MVP from each game and make a final game of the year with them, hosted by the best host.
It's a cool idea, a little hard to match all ppl schedule though.

Reactions: Poison and Odd

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting....

I have two things I want to put into everyone's consideration:

1. The 'award system' should be as easy as possible for members to figure out and keep track of and that for me means no point system.

2. There needs to be some sort of standard for the award to be given, as in how hard the game was, how active it was etc, which role you were assigned to etc.

In my opinion, that would mean that to get the 'best player award' a member should win the game as both a townie and a mafia and then have the host declare the player as the best one of the team that won. I say host and not admin here cause it is the hosts that know best.

To put it simply, in order to win, you have to have played and won at least 2 games, one as a mafia and one as vanilla and have the host (s) of both these games declare you the best player.

A MVP player is not bad either, lets give it though a solid 20 games at least.

When it comes to hosting awards that is another discussion, I have nothing against that at all but it needs to be more concrete.

Last edited:

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The award for the best player can hardly be given for both kind of roles thinking at how random the roles are assigned. But a medal for the best player in 3 games can be considered, chosed by hosts. We can make our own system for choosing this player with hosts proposal and all player voting in a thread with poll.

Also, we can hardly play more than one game per month atm so a 20 games award for the MVP it's too much time to consider. One year and 12 games are ok i think.

Reactions: MadieV

AL_sama

Regular
Kin
1,090💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
medals should be given like this

x amount of games played gets a medal

MVP in x amount of games gets a medal

x amount of game hosted alone gets a medal

promoted from host to coach gets a medal

as for rewards per game kimi seems like a good option

Reactions: Rohan and Michelle

MadieV

Regular
Kin
385💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For the MVP awards, wining 20 games as MVP could take months, even years, considering not all games you play, you win and not all games you win, you win as MVP. Maybe this award, like Michelle suggested, should be subjected to votes. For example, every x amount of time, a thread is opened in which everyone proposes a candidate for this award based on overall performance. After that, there's a poll for everyone to vote one of the candidates presented.

As for the participation medals, I think that is a good motivation for users to sign up for mafia games. That helps to keep the mafia community alive, fluid, active and fun, which in the end, is the main goal.

The hosts are a little tricky to be quite frank because it is very subjective. Though I do believe good metrics for hosts are:

- punctuality
- overall organization of the game (constantly updates the OP thread, properly constructs write ups and all that things one needs to manage in games).
- creativity (which is rather subjective)
- overall helpfulness and readiness in clarifying confusions with the roles and/or mechanics of their game.

Last edited:

AL_sama

Regular
Kin
1,090💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For the MVP awards, wining 20 games as MVP could take months, even years, considering not all games you play, you win and not all games you win, you win as MVP. Maybe this award, like Michelle suggested, should be subjected to votes. For example, every x amount of time, a thread is opened in which everyone proposes a candidate for this award based on overall performance. After that, there's a poll for everyone to vote one of the candidates presented.
don't you think winning 5 MVPs to get a medal is a much fair and easy way??

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting....

I have two things I want to put into everyone's consideration:

1. The 'award system' should be as easy as possible for members to figure out and keep track of and that for me means no point system.

2. There needs to be some sort of standard for the award to be given, as in how hard the game was, how active it was etc, which role you were assigned to etc.

In my opinion, that would mean that to get the 'best player award' a member should win the game as both a townie and a mafia and then have the host declare the player as the best one of the team that won. I say host and not admin here cause it is the hosts that know best.

To put it simply, in order to win, you have to have played and won at least 2 games, one as a mafia and one as vanilla and have the host (s) of both these games declare you the best player.

A MVP player is not bad either, lets give it though a solid 20 games at least.

When it comes to hosting awards that is another discussion, I have nothing against that at all but it needs to be more concrete.
The problem with meeting the "Pro-Town MVP" and "Anti-Town MVP" conditions is that 1) Roles are always randomised and 2) The Town roles are higher in number. This means that it is possible that a player can play 10 games and only get Pro-Town roles. This means meeting the "Anti-Town MVP" is much harder.

There is the problem with MVP's. The players who get eliminated first won't have a high chance of winning the MVP because they played less. As the games go on, the good players tend to get eliminated by Wolves first, because they are the biggest dangers to wolf factions. This means that good players ironically end up having the least chances of winning the MVP award. This especially applies to Night 1 Start games.

Then there is also the workload associated with keeping records of all the MVP wins and having a team who will review players and hosts.

The best way to do this would be my suggestion. This is because most of the workload is put on the players and hosts who want the awards as they will have to collect the game links and check if the games meet the requirements. All that the mod needs to do is double check if the requirements are met and issue the award. This is simple and efficient.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The problem with meeting the "Pro-Town MVP" and "Anti-Town MVP" conditions is that 1) Roles are always randomised and 2) The Town roles are higher in number. This means that it is possible that a player can play 10 games and only get Pro-Town roles. This means meeting the "Anti-Town MVP" is much harder.

There is the problem with MVP's. The players who get eliminated first won't have a high chance of winning the MVP because they played less. As the games go on, the good players tend to get eliminated by Wolves first, because they are the biggest dangers to wolf factions. This means that good players ironically end up having the least chances of winning the MVP award. This especially applies to Night 1 Start games.

Then there is also the workload associated with keeping records of all the MVP wins and having a team who will review players and hosts.

The best way to do this would be my suggestion. This is because most of the workload is put on the players and hosts who want the awards as they will have to collect the game links and check if the games meet the requirements. All that the mod needs to do is double check if the requirements are met and issue the award. This is simple and efficient.
Your suggestion is fine, but then we are talking about participation throphies instead of best player awards.

BUT. If this is what everyone wants I have nothing against it.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your suggestion is fine, but then we are talking about participation throphies instead of best player awards.

BUT. If this is what everyone wants I have nothing against it.
The way the mafia game works a best player award won't work well. A participation award is much better because if a player plays the game then the game should count towards a medal.