[Theory] How Kakashi learned the Rasengan.

Rasaengan or Chidori, which one is better and why?

• Total voters

Dreadload

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now we all know that Kakashi didn't copy the rasengan, but in fact he learned it shown by:

This page mentions how Kakashi created the Chidori because he was unable to complete Rasengan; however, in Kakashi Gaiden, Kakashi is shown to have the Chidori already here, before he gains the Sharingan:

So we can tell from this that Kakashi didn't copy the rasengan, but would it be possible?(I am asking for your oppinion because it has never been directly confirmed in the manga).

Poll: Rasaengan or Chidori, which one is better?
I think that it's the Chidori because, why would Kakashi use Chidori instead when he can use the Rasengan?

In terms of ''level'' concerning the Rasengan is higher:
You must be registered for see images
But in terms of piercing power Chidori is higher due to it's lightning nature:

Which equates to the Chidori being a ''one hit kill'' jutsu and people surviving a hit by the Rasengan:

But if someone gets hit by a Rasengan with enough force they will die:

And a Rasengan increased in can kill with one hit:

Last edited:

Alphonse Elric

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chidori and rasengan are equal. Only reason Sasuke won in that face off is because he jabbed naruto while naruto only scratched his headband. Also kakashi uses a stronger version of chidori aka lightning blade. Chidori and rasengan have been shown equal twice if not more then that.

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
when did chidori won against rasengan? give me link
curse mark 2 Sasuke vs 1 tail kyuubi cloak naruto...

anyways to the creator of the thread.. you are assuming that Kakashi had learned Rasengan during the time of Kakashi Gaiden...

we dont know when he learned Rasengan but he's called the Copy Cat Ninja for a reason so it should come to no suprise that he knows even the Rasengan.. even though Kakashi doesnt use it in battle so who cares?

btw welcome to the site

Anub

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As a technique, my guess is rasengan because it's actually a human version of the stronger ninjutsu (yet) known in naruto universe (I guess). But never compare to ninjutsu on their own. Compare the ninja using them. Naruto's rasengan > Kakashi's chidori. Sasuke's chidori > Konohamaru's rasengan.

foxboy

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
rasengan would be the most powerful anyways since it is a jutsu that still needs to be completed by adding an element. non-element rasengan vs chidori - equal. elemental rasengan vs chidori - E rasengan wins, E (elemental)

Kurogane

Regular
Kin
17💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Minato hasn't invented rasengan in the gaiden, so we don't know how he learned it.
Kakashi use chidori more beacuse it is more easy for him, just look at his face expression when he use rasengan, it's more difficult (i think)

Dreadload

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
when did chidori won against rasengan? give me link
Naruto chapter 233 : "The worst conclusion". It was confirmed a decades ago:

Welcome to the present, sir!

anyways to the creator of the thread.. you are assuming that Kakashi had learned Rasengan during the time of Kakashi Gaiden...
we dont know when he learned Rasengan but he's called the Copy Cat Ninja for a reason so it should come to no suprise that he knows even the
According to my theory, Kakashi was not called a copy cat ninja when he learned the Rasengan. So, it's surprising.

Rasengan.. even though Kakashi doesnt use it in battle so who cares?
The fact that Kakashi prefers Chidori instead of Rasengan implies that Kakashi thinks that the Chidori is way better than the Rasengan. If they were so equal, why would Kakashi go for the latter?

btw welcome to the site
Tyvm, appreciated.

Rasengan is stronger, because Lightening element is weak against Wind element.
Incorrect, Rasengan is pure chakra. Chidori is stronger due to ration.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto chapter 233 : "The worst conclusion". It was confirmed a decades ago:

Welcome to the present, sir!

According to my theory, Kakashi was not called a copy cat ninja when he learned the Rasengan. So, it's surprising.

The fact that Kakashi prefers Chidori instead of Rasengan implies that Kakashi thinks that the Chidori is way better than the Rasengan. If they were so equal, why would Kakashi go for the latter?

Tyvm, appreciated.

Incorrect, Rasengan is pure chakra. Chidori is stronger due to ration.
thank u!!!!!!

Anub

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Is this proof that Kakashi isn't skilled enough to control the rasengan to its FULL extent, rather than him just preferring chidori because "it's stronger"? If you look through the whole chapter everything is explained.

Last edited:

Emerica16

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rasengan is stronger then chidoi. Lightning blade is stronger though. And kakashi prefers chidori cuz he can use it better. Its his creation after all.

Dreadload

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Minato hasn't invented rasengan in the gaiden, so we don't know how he learned it.
The fact that Minato was known as the first one to create Rasengan means that he already knew it before Kakashi did.
Kakashi use chidori more beacuse it is more easy for him, just look at his face expression when he use rasengan, it's more difficult (i think)
Incorrect, Kakashi is better suited for Rasengan since it uses less chakra.

Rasengan is self-sustaining, which does not give it a definite limit like the Chidori:

rasengan would be the most powerful anyways since it is a jutsu that still needs to be completed by adding an element. non-element rasengan vs chidori - equal. elemental rasengan vs chidori - E rasengan wins, E (elemental)
Obviously, elemental rasengan = rasenshurican which is can scath the Susano into mere dust.

As a technique, my guess is rasengan because it's actually a human version of the stronger ninjutsu (yet) known in naruto universe (I guess). But never compare to ninjutsu on their own. Compare the ninja using them. Naruto's rasengan > Kakashi's chidori. Sasuke's chidori > Konohamaru's rasengan.
Wrong.
Don't really know but the fact that it wasn't shown which is stronger makes them equal.
Trust me. Chidori is better. Here, I've added more information.

Is this proof that Kakashi isn't skilled enough to control the rasengan to its FULL extent, rather than him just preferring chidori because "it's stronger"? If you look through the whole chapter everything is explained.
Incorrect, he was talking about his skills of combining with elemental chakra. Not about his standard rasengan skills. Chidori is basically a less stronger version of Rasengan but due to raiton, Chidori is stronger.

Last edited: