Has western feminism become redundant at this point?

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let's be real,the movement has lost any purpose it has in the western world.

Women in the west have more freedoms than they did 50 years ago,some might say a woman living in the western world has even more privileges than her male counterpart.

I mean when's the last time a man sued his company for gender discrimination,despite being reported to have not done a good job and got taken seriously?

Even being heralded after having the case tossed out?

Hell,now's the perfect era to be a American/European woman due to people willing to bend over backwards to hire them whether they are competent or not,with the fear of the mob breathing down their neck.You could be completely in the wrong and have legions of desperate men amd "You go girl!" women supporting you no matter what.

I think the movement has become too focused on trivial or petty issues to be of any use here,the saner western feminists have been working abroad to help women over there,but they seem to be a minority from the obnoxious crazy feminists.

That's why I believe feminism should branch out to third world countries where women are given horrible or even barbaric treatment.None of this whining about comic books,video games,or shaming other women for their breast sizes.

Last edited:

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I am not Western, not completely so idk. All i can say is they should stop focusing on mid class white women this much and take interest in LGBTQ+ people or women of color who have different experiences of discrimination and misogyny. Why actual people and actual problems matter less than who will be on money or how a MCU character get treated? Get real plz.

Btw having better treatment than another group of people does not mean getting better treatment. Even in Western world feminine attiributes are frowned upon and gender roles are prevelant:

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am not Western, not completely so idk. All i can say is they should stop focusing on mid class white women this much and take interest in LGBTQ+ people or women of color who have different experiences of discrimination and misogyny. Why actual people and actual problems matter less than who will be on money or how a MCU character get treated? Get real plz.

Btw having better treatment than another group of people does not mean getting better treatment. Even in Western world feminine attiributes are frowned upon and gender roles are prevelant:
Yeah,it's pretty frustrating because there are issues still plaguing women in certain communities.But the group that's supposed to help are busy trying to justify their own existence by focusing on trivial issues or creating problems when there are none.

Horrible story and I'm sure the little shit got punished,unlike other places where women can be raped or killed in broad daylight and nobody does anything about it.

crafanc

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree that certain individuals have more and better rights and privileges now than ever before in Western history. However, feminism isn't just about how well individuals get along; it's also about systemic issues. Patriarchy is still alive and well, even if it has become more covert in its operations. Until there really is equality in terms of systemic rights, representation, and respect, feminism has not become useless (IMHO).

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah,it's pretty frustrating because there are issues still plaguing women in certain communities.But the group that's supposed to help are busy trying to justify their own existence by focusing on trivial issues or creating problems when there are none.

Horrible story and I'm sure the little shit got punished,unlike other places where women can be raped or killed in broad daylight and nobody does anything about it.
Like that bikini women shirt guy thing? Yeah they only make a bad name for themselves. I agree that equality should be promoted even in small scale stuff but they are making issues out of things which are not issues. Then they get attacked by internet dudebros who are in their own world. All the virtual discussions yet real people keep having real problems. I am thinking back stuff happened in 'social media' recently and i can think of gamergate controversry. One of the most 'important' gender issues is something goes over net; this is not reality nor about stuff that truly matters. (I am all for representation but there are priorities).

Yeah telling what is a woman's role and what is a man's role is still existent. If it was not for redundant gender roles that kid would not kill himself.
what's the + for
Asuexual, intersex... i sometimes forget whole thing so put + sign.

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like that bikini women shirt guy thing? Yeah they only make a bad name for themselves. I agree that equality should be promoted even in small scale stuff but they are making issues out of things which are not issues. Then they get attacked by internet dudebros who are in their own world. All the virtual discussions yet real people keep having real problems. I am thinking back stuff happened in 'social media' recently and i can think of gamergate controversry. One of the most 'important' gender issues is something goes over net; this is not reality nor about stuff that truly matters. (I am all for representation but there are priorities).

Yeah telling what is a woman's role and what is a man's role is still existent. If it was not for redundant gender roles that kid would not kill himself.
Asuexual, intersex... i sometimes forget whole thing so put + sign.
I've been observing that particular controversy for a while and it's pretty much a embodiment of everything wrong with the current western feminism mindset.

You have a woman that is a horrible person that emotionally abused and cheated on her boyfriend with multiple guys but gets heralded as a hero.The boyfriend is shitted on despite being the victim and has been smeared constantly,which plays into the double standards where these same people would probably and likely crucify Quinn if she were a man.

A shame/hate campaign against the male gaming demographic that was already accepting to women gamers,I don't care what the naysayers claim,I've never seen any hate towards women in all of the gaming forums I frequent,gamers don't generally care about who you are as long as you can play games.

You have the con artists like Anita Sarkeesian that have made women look weak by playing the victim in response to criticism.

You have other women being attacked because they don't tow the line,several have even gotten nasty and sexist remarks from the same people that claims to have their best interests at heart.

You have the shaming of certain body types like big breasts or sexy figures,which has caused women that have either to come out against the groups demonizing them.

Western feminism has become the monster it hates in that regard,in order to have true equality no group should be put on a pedestal or demonized.

Reactions: GhostProject

GhostProject

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I'm just going to say that feminine attributes are only frowned upon if you're a male here in the Western world.

Sakura Michiko

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let's be real,the movement has lost any purpose it has in the western world.

Women in the west have more freedoms than they did 50 years ago,some might say a woman living in the western world has even more privileges than her male counterpart.

I mean when's the last time a man sued his company for gender discrimination,despite being reported to have not done a good job and got taken seriously?

Even being heralded after having the case tossed out?

Hell,now's the perfect era to be a American/European woman due to people willing to bend over backwards to hire them whether they are competent or not,with the fear of the mob breathing down their neck.You could be completely in the wrong and have legions of desperate men amd "You go girl!" women supporting you no matter what.

I think the movement has become too focused on trivial or petty issues to be of any use here,the saner western feminists have been working abroad to help women over there,but they seem to be a minority from the obnoxious crazy feminists.

That's why I believe feminism should branch out to third world countries where women are given horrible or even barbaric treatment.None of this whining about comic books,video games,or shaming other women for their breast sizes.
Okay here are some problems we still face in the west.
Did you know that women still can get pay less money than her male counterparts?
Did you also know that there's law that restrict women from having abortions?
Did you know victim shaming and s.l.u.t. (had to put dots between the word because nb censored it)shaming is still a problem?
But really I think we need feminist everywhere though to be honest.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay here are some problems we still face in the west.
Did you know that women still can get pay less money than her male counterparts?
Did you also know that there's law that restrict women from having abortions?
Did you know victim shaming and s.l.u.t. (had to put dots between the word because nb censored it)shaming is still a problem?
But really I think we need feminist everywhere though to be honest.
The women get payed less is complete bs. If that was truly the case businesses and corporations would only hire women because they'd be able to get the same amount of work for less money. However we know that isn't the case, there isn't any discrimination going on against women in the workplace, infact these days women get poosy passes for work that they shouldn't be in strictly out of merit. There is also the reality that a working woman can all of a sudden have kids and now need to stay home with them which makes them unreliable from an employers perspective because they can opt out at any time unlike men.
As for laws that stop women from having an abortion, good it will encourage women to make more responsible choices in the future that don't end with them getting pregnant. While I don't believe this should be an absolute law I'm for it.
Slot shaming will always exist, it's just the reality of biological differences between the genders. Are you suggesting they be celebrated instead?
Oh we don't need this virus spreading anymore than it has already.

Sakura Michiko

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The women get payed less is complete bs. If that was truly the case businesses and corporations would only hire women because they'd be able to get the same amount of work for less money. However we know that isn't the case, there isn't any discrimination going on against women in the workplace, infact these days women get poosy passes for work that they shouldn't be in strictly out of merit. There is also the reality that a working woman can all of a sudden have kids and now need to stay home with them which makes them unreliable from an employers perspective because they can opt out at any time unlike men.
As for laws that stop women from having an abortion, good it will encourage women to make more responsible choices in the future that don't end with them getting pregnant. While I don't believe this should be an absolute law I'm for it.
Slot shaming will always exist, it's just the reality of biological differences between the genders. Are you suggesting they be celebrated instead?
Oh we don't need this virus spreading anymore than it has already.
< Yes the wage gap is real and it is a discrimination. Oh and here more discrimination or harassment if you will
So you are saying if a women is raped she should keep that kid?What if she can't have kids cause she or the kid will die?<Yea she should totally be more responsible because those things would be her fault(sarcasm)
How is s.l.u.t. shaming the "reality of biological difference in gender." It's stupid.

Last edited:

Ldude

Elite
Kin
18💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm just going to say that feminine attributes are only frowned upon if you're a male here in the Western world.
That is so not true. But I agree that feminism is kind of pointless where I live. I joined a feminist club thing at my school and all they did all year was complain about dumb things that don't matter. Society + the patriarchy is not responsible for your problems.

GhostProject

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That is so not true. But I agree that feminism is kind of pointless where I live. I joined a feminist club thing at my school and all they did all year was complain about dumb things that don't matter. Society + the patriarchy is not responsible for your problems.
It is 100% true. People are fine with women behaving femininely, it's "normal", but most of the time when a man is feminine/sensitive/or emotional, he is told that he needs to face his problems and "be a man."

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
< Yes the wage gap is real and it is a discrimination. Oh and here more discrimination or harassment if you will
So you are saying if a women is raped she should keep that kid?What if she can't have kids cause she or the kid will die?<Yea she should totally be more responsible because those things would be her fault(sarcasm)
How is s.l.u.t. shaming the "reality of biological difference in gender." It's stupid.
Weird that the same site "debunked" the women get paid less "myth." Sounds like they're just pandering to everyone.

It also talks about it like it's the Hydra, no matter how many times you cut one head off two take it's place.