Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bane, his costume is pretty military-awesome. It works better than the other one would.
Nah - It wouldn't. They would both work, I mean there isn't a problem with creating a Hulk on-screen, is there? So I don't think there would be a problem with creating a 7 Feet tall Bane with pumped up Muscles because of the Venom.

I really hoped to see that kind of Bane.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah - It wouldn't. They would both work, I mean there isn't a problem with creating a Hulk on-screen, is there? So I don't think there would be a problem with creating a 7 Feet tall Bane with pumped up Muscles because of the Venom.

I meant it wouldn't fit in the Nolan-Batverse. The idea would, but not the look.

~Hebi Terumi~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Because I know how good it will have to be. And it won't be that good XD
It has the potential to be that good. In all honesty I find Ledger's performance to be overrated. Was he good? Of course, he was great, but because of that people have gotten the idea that any superhero movie will not be as good as the The Dark Knight because of it. Combine that with his untimely, tragic death and mostly everyone thinks he's "un-surpassable".

Ryuu..

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It has the potential to be that good. In all honesty I find Ledger's performance to be overrated. Was he good? Of course, he was great, but because of that people have gotten the idea that any superhero movie will not be as good as the The Dark Knight because of it. Combine that with his untimely, tragic death and mostly everyone thinks he's "un-surpassable".
We will see, but i'm certain it won't be as good.

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I meant it wouldn't fit in the Nolan-Batverse. The idea would, but not the look.
You must be registered for see images

I already watched TDK over 17 times (That's where I stopped counting), just because of him. °-°

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because I know how good it will have to be. And it won't be that good XD
The Dark Knight is one of the best, if not the best superhero film ever, but it will be passed one day. I mean, it has set the bar high, but it is passable. Will TDKR do it? I don't know, but I know it'll be a damn good movie. I have faith in Nolan and come on, it has Joseph Gordon Levitt in it. xd

Ryuu..

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Dark Knight is one of the best, if not the best superhero film ever, but it will be passed one day. I mean, it has set the bar high, but it is passable. Will TDKR do it? I don't know, but I know it'll be a damn good movie. I have faith in Nolan and come on, it has Joseph Gordon Levitt in it.
Yeah of course it will be surpassed but I don't think any time soon. We will see how those Spiderman films go (fingers crossed, I <3 Spiderman), but there are no other contenders which I can see on the horizon.

TDK was just a really dark film (which I thought was a great change from normal superhero films) and everything was just in balance (not too much action, great story etc). It was aided by some superb acting aswell. I just think it will be very difficult for TDKR to surpass it because the Joker is one of the best villains in history and HL's performance was stunning. This is what I think made it really standout and what helped it become the best superhero film. Can Bane have the same effect on the audience? I doubt it.

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Dark Knight is one of the best, if not the best superhero film ever, but it will be passed one day. I mean, it has set the bar high, but it is passable. Will TDKR do it? I don't know, but I know it'll be a damn good movie. I have faith in Nolan and come on, it has Joseph Gordon Levitt in it. xd
Sorry for me being totally off-topic now but since you mentioned Joseph, have you seen the Looper trailer? That movie is going to be frikkin' awesome.

Majora

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This movie is going to dominate every other movie this year. Oh my god this trailer makes me scream like a fangirl.

And people think that the Avengers is awesome.

Here are the other trailers in spoilers if you want to watch them.

Hm. I bet the Hobbit is going to be on par with it atlest :cool:

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Nolan likes to keep his movies grounded in reality. You aren't going to see any of the flashy nonsense of the Avenger's movie. His movies are more like what Batman would be like if it were real.

Picture a guy on steroids, are they all 7 feet tall and jacked up like the Hulk? The only thing I don't like about his costume is the mask, I think the mouth covering could have been designed better, but oh well.

Anyway this movie is going to be amazazing, and the character development could be as great as what it is in the Dark Knight. That will be tough to do because yeah everybody screams about Heath Ledger's performance but what no one gives credit to is Aaron Eckhart and everything that went on there.

The birth of Two-Face in that movie was awesome, as well as Commissioner Gordon's need for redemption.

But hopefully we can get that from Selina Kyle in this movie.

P.S. If anyone wants to see what I think will happen then open the spoiler.

Ok if you watch the trailers, in some of them you see Bruce Wayne in some sort of prison. I think this is some flashback to when Bruce was traveling the world after the trial where Joe Cool was killed.

What I think is going to happen is that Nolan will have some sort of early encounter between Bane and Bruce in the prison, and Bane comes to despise/resent Bruce Wayne and that is the reason for his coming to Gotham.

Add to that his hatred of authority figures and whatnot and desire to take down Batman and it all comes together.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nolan likes to keep his movies grounded in reality. You aren't going to see any of the flashy nonsense of the Avenger's movie. His movies are more like what Batman would be like if it were real.

Picture a guy on steroids, are they all 7 feet tall and jacked up like the Hulk? The only thing I don't like about his costume is the mask, I think the mouth covering could have been designed better, but oh well.

Anyway this movie is going to be amazazing, and the character development could be as great as what it is in the Dark Knight. That will be tough to do because yeah everybody screams about Heath Ledger's performance but what no one gives credit to is Aaron Eckhart and everything that went on there.

The birth of Two-Face in that movie was awesome, as well as Commissioner Gordon's need for redemption.

But hopefully we can get that from Selina Kyle in this movie.

P.S. If anyone wants to see what I think will happen then open the spoiler.

Ok if you watch the trailers, in some of them you see Bruce Wayne in some sort of prison. I think this is some flashback to when Bruce was traveling the world after the trial where Joe Cool was killed.

What I think is going to happen is that Nolan will have some sort of early encounter between Bane and Bruce in the prison, and Bane comes to despise/resent Bruce Wayne and that is the reason for his coming to Gotham.

Add to that his hatred of authority figures and whatnot and desire to take down Batman and it all comes together.
I agree. I am a major Two Face fan and when I watched the film, I had no idea he was even in it, so I was shocked, yet amazed. I loved AE's acting, he's awesome, and him as Two-Face was golden. The face effects was sick. I also thought the side plot with him was so important. He closed the movie practically. He's the reason Batman is rising (In the sense the city hates him).

I like that idea and it seems so. Also, it would tie in the rumors that Liam Neeson, aswell as a younger Ra's Al Ghul is in.

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree. I am a major Two Face fan and when I watched the film, I had no idea he was even in it, so I was shocked, yet amazed. I loved AE's acting, he's awesome, and him as Two-Face was golden. The face effects was sick. I also thought the side plot with him was so important. He closed the movie practically. He's the reason Batman is rising (In the sense the city hates him).

I like that idea and it seems so. Also, it would tie in the rumors that Liam Neeson, aswell as a younger Ra's Al Ghul is in.
My thoughts exactly.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's going to be so good. But it cannot surpass 'The Dark Knight' U_U
Unfortunately, that's true. I at least want to know if they plan to do something about the Joker (execution at the start of the film maybe, a joker card next to an escape route at the end). They can't just write out the character that raised the bar for all Marvel villians since '08, especially since he didn't die in the Dark Knight.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Unfortunately, that's true. I at least want to know if they plan to do something about the Joker (execution at the start of the film maybe, a joker card next to an escape route at the end). They can't just write out the character that raised the bar for all Marvel villians since '08, especially since he didn't die in the Dark Knight.
Batman is DC.......

But yeah, he's raised the ball for everyone, including marvel.

Last edited:

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Batman is DC.......

But yeah, he's raised the ball for everyone, including marvel.
DC has all the best villains, and Batman in particular has the best villains (probably followed by Superman or Green Lantern).

I mean there is no Superhero who has that kind of line up of villains anywhere else.

By the way Spicer, what do you think about the time-skip in YJ?

Jason Todd/ Red Hood villain possibility? I mean they have Tim Drake, so the time gap is there! Jason Todd!!

mcchikeneater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How can you possibly know that? The movies not even out yet

My thoughts exactly. Nolan said he wanted to end this Batman film series as a trilogy as to not drag it on, but I suppose there's always a possibility of another, right?

I'm no Batman expert, but a while back I was browsing around online about Batman films and someone had the idea that maybe Nolan will end this as a trilogy as is, but continue the series in a decade or so with an adaptation of "The Dark Knight Returns" with a slightly more aged Christian Bale. I have no idea if that story arc was good or not but the idea of it is intriguing to me
Christian Bale said in an interview that he will never play as Batman again, and Nolan has stated in a few interviews that this will definitely be the end of this film saga that he doesn't want to ruin it like a lot of other series do by trying to drag it out. There might be spin-offs with other characters, but this Batman saga is over after this one. And I saw someone who said something about the joker, its been confirmed that there will be no joker, but not confirmed why, but this film takes place 7 years after the other one, so I'm sure there will be a good explanation for it.