Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Perfect. As you know, the genjutsu tech list was updated and severely edited by me and Emp.

The ones you learned already were edited to this:

( Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu ) - Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 10 (+5 if you use it double)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user casts an illusion over an area that allows him to manipulate the way an area looks to fool an opponent. He can only change the way the terrain looks, and not any other feature.

( Genjutsu: Kahen Tonsou ) - Illusion Technique: Flower Petal Escape
Chakra Cost: 10
Description: The user makes five handseals, appearing to dissolve into a shower of cherry blossom petals. These petals surround the opponent, blocking his vision. This allows the user to mask his movement effectively.

( Genjutsu: Kasumi ) - Illusion Technique: Servant
Range: Short
Damage Points: 20
Description: The user does one handseal and throws a paper bomb at the enemy. The enemy, trapped in a genjutsu will see a clone of the user advancing upon him. As the paper bomb reaches the enemy, it explodes

Now, next ones:

This one is basically a more enhanced version of the former while not having damage associated. Its basically you fooling your enemy into thinking that you just created tons of clones out of nowhere. Its quire useful within a mist or in situations were your opponent can't pinpoint you. This way you can coordinate your illusions attack with your own and make it seem more real.

( Kasumi Jūsha no Jutsu ) - Mist Servant Technique
Chakra Cost:10
Description: This illusion creates numerous illusionary clones of the user that appear to emerge from the ground, trees, rocks, etc. If these clones are attacked, they appear to multiply. The user can co-ordinate his attacks with the clones to make it appear as if they are real.

The description is quite simple. After two hand seals, you make your opponent see a whirlwind of petals around you, making it impossible for him to pinpoint you. When the petals subside, he loses sight o you. In that small gap of time, the enemy eventually begins seeing visions of his darkest fears and terrors right in front of him. If the enemy doesn't release the technique it may make him faint, specially low level ninjas. Its good in close quarter fights to prepare some other attack as it maintains your enemy busy for quite some time.

( Magen: Narakumi ) - Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing
Description: The user performs two handseals causing it to appear as if a swirl of leaves surrounds the opponent. The swirl eventually falls away, and after a few seconds, the opponent sees the image of whatever they fear the most, shocking them and potentially causing them to faint.

Same kind of analysis as with the other ones. Then from the C-Ranks and upwards will be doing it in a different way ^^
Yeah, I remember that jutsu very well. A member from Team Dosu used it during the chuunin exams.

So, I start gathering chakra and channeling it into my opponents brain in order to disrupt his chakra flow and make him see tons of my clones appearing out of nowhere, from rocks, trees and other, which when attacked instead of disappearing, multiply and completely confuse my opponent. I also make sure to coordinate my attacks with the attacks of my illusions in order to make it more realistic and in order to catch him off guard and eventually harm/kill him.

This sounds like a much better technique than the previous one and it can be used in many different ways, I suppose. What I would do is, create a bunch of illusionary clones and surround my opponent and then make each of them throw kunai. While that is happening I'd quickly run to the side, but staying behind those clones and use a powerful jutsu in order to finish off my confused enemy.

Limitations are that these clones can't actually perform any real jutsu, meaning that the jutsu they perform doesn't physically harm my enemy but only serve as an illusion to trick him.

This justu could also be countered with experience.
1) Knowing that clones cannot appear from obstacles
2) By noticing that they multiply after being attacked

You must be registered for see images
For this technique, as for all other genjutsu, I start gathering chakra and channeling it into my opponents brain. As it disrupts his chakra flow I make two handseals in order to create a whirlwind of sakura petals around him. As the leaves are falling I use that moment to move from my original position and as the leaves fall on the ground my enemy starts seeing visions of his biggest fears. If his fears are great enough he could potentially faint.

Same as the previous, and as you said it yourself, this jutsu is great in order to prepare for an other jutsu and it also gives me some time, while the enemy is struggling with the genjutsu. As I move from my original position I would simply appear behind my opponent and strike him with a chidori or something similar. I might even create a swamp underneath him or catch him in a water prison.

The flaw of this technique is that if someone knows what his fears are (which everybody does, duh) he could know that something is wrong and maybe if he already experienced this technique he could easily counter it with Kai or an other technique that disrupts his own chakra flow in order to dispel the genjutsu.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, I remember that jutsu very well. A member from Team Dosu used it during the chuunin exams.

So, I start gathering chakra and channeling it into my opponents brain in order to disrupt his chakra flow and make him see tons of my clones appearing out of nowhere, from rocks, trees and other, which when attacked instead of disappearing, multiply and completely confuse my opponent. I also make sure to coordinate my attacks with the attacks of my illusions in order to make it more realistic and in order to catch him off guard and eventually harm/kill him.

This sounds like a much better technique than the previous one and it can be used in many different ways, I suppose. What I would do is, create a bunch of illusionary clones and surround my opponent and then make each of them throw kunai. While that is happening I'd quickly run to the side, but staying behind those clones and use a powerful jutsu in order to finish off my confused enemy.

Limitations are that these clones can't actually perform any real jutsu, meaning that the jutsu they perform doesn't physically harm my enemy but only serve as an illusion to trick him.

This justu could also be countered with experience.
1) Knowing that clones cannot appear from obstacles
2) By noticing that they multiply after being attacked

For this technique, as for all other genjutsu, I start gathering chakra and channeling it into my opponents brain. As it disrupts his chakra flow I make two handseals in order to create a whirlwind of sakura petals around him. As the leaves are falling I use that moment to move from my original position and as the leaves fall on the ground my enemy starts seeing visions of his biggest fears. If his fears are great enough he could potentially faint.

Same as the previous, and as you said it yourself, this jutsu is great in order to prepare for an other jutsu and it also gives me some time, while the enemy is struggling with the genjutsu. As I move from my original position I would simply appear behind my opponent and strike him with a chidori or something similar. I might even create a swamp underneath him or catch him in a water prison.

The flaw of this technique is that if someone knows what his fears are (which everybody does, duh) he could know that something is wrong and maybe if he already experienced this technique he could easily counter it with Kai or an other technique that disrupts his own chakra flow in order to dispel the genjutsu.

Excellent!!! Now, for the next ranks will do it simpler. I'll explain the technique and i only want you to tell me if you have questions and how would you use the technique in a battle in the most effective way possible (combos, etc). This way i can coach you on how to effectively use Genjutsu in battle while teaching you each technique. In the end, i'll help you by coaching you through the process of creating your own Custom Genjutsu. ^^

Now, next ones:

( Kori Shinchū no Jutsu ) - Sly Mind Affect Technique
Chakra Cost:15
Description: The user casts an illusion on the opponent that makes them believe they are travelling in a straight line, when instead they are moving in circles. This is only effective on moving opponents. If the opponent travels in the circle for hours, they will be exhausted.

This basically messes with the opponents sense of direction and disorients them by making them think they are going forward when they are simply locked going in circles. Its quite effective when used with a Wood technique that can create a forest or with, for example, the S-Rank bone forest technique. Basically, leaving your opponent lost as he wanders through it. Its very hard to dodge and reason that you are under a genjutsu when facing this one.

( Genjutsu: Jinmon ) - Illusion Technique: Interrogation
Damage Points:30
Description: The user of this technique, upon casting on a stationary opponent with physical contact with them, is able to convince the enemy to give away information. However, this will only work on ninja two ranks lower and below than the caster.

This one is very useless in a real battle as most members will simply nagashi you. However, its still quite dangerous. If the rank difference exists, you can manipulate your opponents perception of reality into making him reveal secrets by answering questions. Note that physical contact is required for this one.

( Genjutsu: Jigoku Gouka ) - Illusion Technique: Hell Fire
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points:N/A
Description: The user casts an illusion where the opponent sees a huge ball of fire descending from the sky and enveloping its target.

I love this one. You fool your opponent completely. He thinks a giant ball of fire is coming down upon him while in reality nothing is happening. You can even make it so that you can take advantage of what you think he'll do as a counter. Its quite engenius this one. And its also a good distraction.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Excellent!!! Now, for the next ranks will do it simpler. I'll explain the technique and i only want you to tell me if you have questions and how would you use the technique in a battle in the most effective way possible (combos, etc). This way i can coach you on how to effectively use Genjutsu in battle while teaching you each technique. In the end, i'll help you by coaching you through the process of creating your own Custom Genjutsu. ^^

Now, next ones:

( Kori Shinchū no Jutsu ) - Sly Mind Affect Technique
Description: The user casts an illusion on the opponent that makes them believe they are travelling in a straight line, when instead they are moving in circles. This is only effective on moving opponents. If the opponent travels in the circle for hours, they will be exhausted.

This basically messes with the opponents sense of direction and disorients them by making them think they are going forward when they are simply locked going in circles. Its quite effective when used with a Wood technique that can create a forest or with, for example, the S-Rank bone forest technique. Basically, leaving your opponent lost as he wanders through it. Its very hard to dodge and reason that you are under a genjutsu when facing this one.

( Genjutsu: Jinmon ) - Illusion Technique: Interrogation
Damage Points:30
Description: The user of this technique, upon casting on a stationary opponent with physical contact with them, is able to convince the enemy to give away information. However, this will only work on ninja two ranks lower and below than the caster.

This one is very useless in a real battle as most members will simply nagashi you. However, its still quite dangerous. If the rank difference exists, you can manipulate your opponents perception of reality into making him reveal secrets by answering questions. Note that physical contact is required for this one.

( Genjutsu: Jigoku Gouka ) - Illusion Technique: Hell Fire
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points:N/A
Description: The user casts an illusion where the opponent sees a huge ball of fire descending from the sky and enveloping its target.

I love this one. You fool your opponent completely. He thinks a giant ball of fire is coming down upon him while in reality nothing is happening. You can even make it so that you can take advantage of what you think he'll do as a counter. Its quite engenius this one. And its also a good distraction.
Ok, could I use this jutsu, for example, if the enemy charges towards me in order to start a taijutsu fight? I make him thinking that he runs towards me but he actually starts running in circles. What happens then? Does he still see me? Does he run forever, never reaching me, in his illusion of course?

Ok, well, as you said, not really a combat jutsu but if I'd ever use it I'd use it on a two ranks weaker shinobi and when I get the info I need I'd probably just create a Chidori in my hand, while holding his head. I think that would fry his brain enough. :p

The third one is really great. I like it too. So as I create the fireball falling from the sky I'd definitely follow it up with a Doton jutsu in order to overcome the weakness of the "fire jutsu". That would probably be the Earth Release: Dropping Lid as it would also come from above the opponent and easily crush him. Since this genjutsu seems to be quite hard to escape from, it has great potential to be part of an one round kill combo.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, could I use this jutsu, for example, if the enemy charges towards me in order to start a taijutsu fight? I make him thinking that he runs towards me but he actually starts running in circles. What happens then? Does he still see me? Does he run forever, never reaching me, in his illusion of course?

Ok, well, as you said, not really a combat jutsu but if I'd ever use it I'd use it on a two ranks weaker shinobi and when I get the info I need I'd probably just create a Chidori in my hand, while holding his head. I think that would fry his brain enough. :p

The third one is really great. I like it too. So as I create the fireball falling from the sky I'd definitely follow it up with a Doton jutsu in order to overcome the weakness of the "fire jutsu". That would probably be the Earth Release: Dropping Lid as it would also come from above the opponent and easily crush him. Since this genjutsu seems to be quite hard to escape from, it has great potential to be part of an one round kill combo.
1st one well depends on how you use it. You have some control over it so you can make him think he's running towards you, never catching up when in fact he's running in circles. However, that makes the illusion quite easily noticeable and thus easy to release. The denser and more complicated the environment around your enemy (like a dense forest), the harder will be for him to determine something is wrong.

2nd Well, pretty much yeah. This is very useful in the Ninja World for example. Other than that...meh

3rd Excellent analysis.

Now, i think you already grasped this basic concept but still i'm going to ask:

How do you think you can use Genjutsu in the most effective way? I mean, how do you take advantage of genjutsu?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1st one well depends on how you use it. You have some control over it so you can make him think he's running towards you, never catching up when in fact he's running in circles. However, that makes the illusion quite easily noticeable and thus easy to release. The denser and more complicated the environment around your enemy (like a dense forest), the harder will be for him to determine something is wrong.

2nd Well, pretty much yeah. This is very useful in the Ninja World for example. Other than that...meh

3rd Excellent analysis.

Now, i think you already grasped this basic concept but still i'm going to ask:

How do you think you can use Genjutsu in the most effective way? I mean, how do you take advantage of genjutsu?
Well, in general, genjutsu is harder to counter as it isn't a physical attack and this way doesn't have elemental weaknesses. Depending on the users skills he can make the genjutsu more or less similar to reality. The more it resembles reality the harder it is to counter and in my opinion genjutsu is a great way to start a battle. If the opponent is successfully caught in it, then the user has a great advantage because he has enough time to prepare for his next move and still, it doesn't mean that the enemy will be able to get out of the genjutsu. Genjutsu is great for distractions and confusing our opponent. No wonder why most of the best shinobi's were genjutsu users.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, in general, genjutsu is harder to counter as it isn't a physical attack and this way doesn't have elemental weaknesses. Depending on the users skills he can make the genjutsu more or less similar to reality. The more it resembles reality the harder it is to counter and in my opinion genjutsu is a great way to start a battle. If the opponent is successfully caught in it, then the user has a great advantage because he has enough time to prepare for his next move and still, it doesn't mean that the enemy will be able to get out of the genjutsu. Genjutsu is great for distractions and confusing our opponent. No wonder why most of the best shinobi's were genjutsu users.
The closer to reality the genjutsu is, the harder it is to detect and thus the more useful it is. The secret is to use genjutsu in a way that makes your opponent unable to figure out that its an illusion and thus, not feeling tempted to release from it. This is all done with the intention of actually masking your real offensive actions. That is the secret of using gen ^^

Excellent! Next ones:

( Konoha-Ryū: Yanagi ) - Leaf Ninja Art: Willow
Type: Offensive
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: 35
Description: The user waves their sword back and forth, which when seen by the target locks them in a genjutsu which causes them to hallucinate multiple waving arms. The movement resembles that of a willow tree blowing in the wind. With the enemy off guard, the user is free to cut them down.

Basically, a pssive genjutsu were you use your chakra to, while moving your sword (staff, stick, wtv...) in waves, make your opponent perceive you as having multiple arms and also multiple weapons. Good to use with Kenjutsu as a distraction but easily seen through.

( Genjutsu: Ingemame Ketsugō Sakkaku ) - Illusion Technique String Bean Binding Illusion
Damage points: N/A
Description: Similar to Illusion Technique: Tree Binding Death, where the user first disappears, while the target sees several bean vines growing from the ground. These vines bind the target body, lifting them into the air. Then a bean pod rises from the ground to reveal the user, ready to strike. In reality, the opponent is immobilized by the illusion, allowing the user to strike.

Originally used by Kurenai, the enemy first loses sight of you, while he feels himself to be binded by string beans and vines. As the last part, the user appears on a pod to strike the enemy. In reality, the user will not be doing anything nor will the enemy. Its a good technique to camouflage a straight forward attack and its also quite useful when used with a wood bio.

( Magen: Hanarasui ) - Demonic Illusion: Flower Head Death
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Short- Mid
Damage points: 40 due to stress on the mind
Description: The user will trap the target within an illusion where the opponent appears to be trapped in a large flower bud which then explodes. The opponent is made to believe that an explosion actually occurred and collapses, believing himself to be injured. The resulting stress on his mind causes damage.

Well, the description is quite straight forward. As your enemy is caught in the illusion, a giant flower appears from the ground in enormous speed and traps him inside only to explode. The enemy will perceive all of this as real and suffer mental damage. Now, this is quite easy to counter as most users will simply nagashi their way out of the flower, which is also the most logical way. However, if you add water in the mix, you can predict your opponents moves and actually determine how he's going to counter and thus take advantage of that.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The closer to reality the genjutsu is, the harder it is to detect and thus the more useful it is. The secret is to use genjutsu in a way that makes your opponent unable to figure out that its an illusion and thus, not feeling tempted to release from it. This is all done with the intention of actually masking your real offensive actions. That is the secret of using gen ^^

Excellent! Next ones:

( Konoha-Ryū: Yanagi ) - Leaf Ninja Art: Willow
Type: Offensive
Damage points: 35
Description: The user waves their sword back and forth, which when seen by the target locks them in a genjutsu which causes them to hallucinate multiple waving arms. The movement resembles that of a willow tree blowing in the wind. With the enemy off guard, the user is free to cut them down.

Basically, a pssive genjutsu were you use your chakra to, while moving your sword (staff, stick, wtv...) in waves, make your opponent perceive you as having multiple arms and also multiple weapons. Good to use with Kenjutsu as a distraction but easily seen through.

( Genjutsu: Ingemame Ketsugō Sakkaku ) - Illusion Technique String Bean Binding Illusion
Damage points: N/A
Description: Similar to Illusion Technique: Tree Binding Death, where the user first disappears, while the target sees several bean vines growing from the ground. These vines bind the target body, lifting them into the air. Then a bean pod rises from the ground to reveal the user, ready to strike. In reality, the opponent is immobilized by the illusion, allowing the user to strike.

Originally used by Kurenai, the enemy first loses sight of you, while he feels himself to be binded by string beans and vines. As the last part, the user appears on a pod to strike the enemy. In reality, the user will not be doing anything nor will the enemy. Its a good technique to camouflage a straight forward attack and its also quite useful when used with a wood bio.

( Magen: Hanarasui ) - Demonic Illusion: Flower Head Death
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Short- Mid
Damage points: 40 due to stress on the mind
Description: The user will trap the target within an illusion where the opponent appears to be trapped in a large flower bud which then explodes. The opponent is made to believe that an explosion actually occurred and collapses, believing himself to be injured. The resulting stress on his mind causes damage.

Well, the description is quite straight forward. As your enemy is caught in the illusion, a giant flower appears from the ground in enormous speed and traps him inside only to explode. The enemy will perceive all of this as real and suffer mental damage. Now, this is quite easy to counter as most users will simply nagashi their way out of the flower, which is also the most logical way. However, if you add water in the mix, you can predict your opponents moves and actually determine how he's going to counter and thus take advantage of that.
Very nice jutsu for Kenjutsu indeed. This can easily fool my opponent and unless he's very cautious I could easily attack him while off guard.

I guess that it would be much harder to escape from, if used in a forest. Definitely great for Mokuton users.

Yeah, same as one of the previous jutsus. Genjutsu really does give the "predict your enemies attacks" advantage.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very nice jutsu for Kenjutsu indeed. This can easily fool my opponent and unless he's very cautious I could easily attack him while off guard.

I guess that it would be much harder to escape from, if used in a forest. Definitely great for Mokuton users.

Yeah, same as one of the previous jutsus. Genjutsu really does give the "predict your enemies attacks" advantage.

Note that the first is very easily recognized as a Genjutsu and the other ones might not be easy to decipher but are also quite slow acting.

Next batch:

( Magen: Jubaku Satsu ) - Demonic Illusion: Tree Binding Death
Description: The user makes five handseals, and appears to dissolve into a mist. Once they stealthily approach the target and get within short-range, the opponent feels completely immobilized, and believes they have been bound by a fast-growing tree and are unable to move. The user then appears as if they emerge from the tree to attack the target. In reality, the target is immobilized, allowing the user to strike or interrogate them.

Another genjutsu used by Kurenai. Not the most inventive one or unique. Has a very short range so bare in mind that it does take 5 hand seals and it does leave you a bit open for your enemies counter attack. Also, its more of a genjutsu to use when you need to camouflage your real intentions, like if you want to run towards the enemy and stab him. The thing is that the moment the illusion is triggered, you can do whatever you want that your opponent won't be able to see your real movements. He's be fooled by the illusion. So the main thing is to use a fast attack, like a simple kunai or even a chidori spear for example in the moment that your enemy is bound in the illusion.

( Genjutsu: Oshitsubusu Hebi Kubire ) - Illusion Technique: Crushing Snake Constriction
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Damage points: 40
Description: The user puts the opponent into a genjutsu which has snakes appear beneath the opponent to constrict them and with the users command, they crush the opponent. In reality, the opponent is immobilized and takes damage due to the stress on his mind.

Description is fairly simple. The main use of this is to restrict your opponent from moving. You can also use this with a dropping lid or other techniques that come from above or even if you like with stone spears, impaling your enemy as he's bound. Its one of the most simple ones but also more useful ones. Also, unless you have done a summoning, your enemy won't know if the snakes are real or illusionary. However, if you have already done a summoning he'll clearly notice that the snakes can't be real and thus leave him open to release the technique

Questions dear pupil?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Note that the first is very easily recognized as a Genjutsu and the other ones might not be easy to decipher but are also quite slow acting.

Next batch:

( Magen: Jubaku Satsu ) - Demonic Illusion: Tree Binding Death
Description: The user makes five handseals, and appears to dissolve into a mist. Once they stealthily approach the target and get within short-range, the opponent feels completely immobilized, and believes they have been bound by a fast-growing tree and are unable to move. The user then appears as if they emerge from the tree to attack the target. In reality, the target is immobilized, allowing the user to strike or interrogate them.

Another genjutsu used by Kurenai. Not the most inventive one or unique. Has a very short range so bare in mind that it does take 5 hand seals and it does leave you a bit open for your enemies counter attack. Also, its more of a genjutsu to use when you need to camouflage your real intentions, like if you want to run towards the enemy and stab him. The thing is that the moment the illusion is triggered, you can do whatever you want that your opponent won't be able to see your real movements. He's be fooled by the illusion. So the main thing is to use a fast attack, like a simple kunai or even a chidori spear for example in the moment that your enemy is bound in the illusion.

( Genjutsu: Oshitsubusu Hebi Kubire ) - Illusion Technique: Crushing Snake Constriction
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Damage points: 40
Description: The user puts the opponent into a genjutsu which has snakes appear beneath the opponent to constrict them and with the users command, they crush the opponent. In reality, the opponent is immobilized and takes damage due to the stress on his mind.

Description is fairly simple. The main use of this is to restrict your opponent from moving. You can also use this with a dropping lid or other techniques that come from above or even if you like with stone spears, impaling your enemy as he's bound. Its one of the most simple ones but also more useful ones. Also, unless you have done a summoning, your enemy won't know if the snakes are real or illusionary. However, if you have already done a summoning he'll clearly notice that the snakes can't be real and thus leave him open to release the technique

Questions dear pupil?
Well, since he sees a tree binding him I find this as an excellent technique for Mokuton users. They could for example make a forest, maybe block the enemies vision in order to do the handseals and then use this jutsu to bind him and strike him from behind, as a surprise.
Great technique for binding our opponent. I think that users who can summon snakes could use this very well since it would be harder to discern whether or not they are real. Good thing is that it's mid range so it can be used very well with Earth Release: Antlion Technique and Earth Release: Devouring Earth.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, since he sees a tree binding him I find this as an excellent technique for Mokuton users. They could for example make a forest, maybe block the enemies vision in order to do the handseals and then use this jutsu to bind him and strike him from behind, as a surprise.
Great technique for binding our opponent. I think that users who can summon snakes could use this very well since it would be harder to discern whether or not they are real. Good thing is that it's mid range so it can be used very well with Earth Release: Antlion Technique and Earth Release: Devouring Earth.
Excellent. A good combo with techniques like these are to use fast attacks that require no handseals. For example, chidori eiso. In that small window of time were the opponent is trying to figure out its a genjutsu, you can easily impale them without them noticing or being able to counter. Doing it in quick succesion is a key use in these cannon genjutsu. Once caught in the illusion the enemy loses sight of you. What he'll perceive will all be illusions. Thus, your real you can act fast to get some damage done. Even a kunai aimed at the right place may be deadly.

Next ones:

( Magen: Chō Shinka ) - Demonic Illusion: Butterfly Evolution
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: The user makes one handseal, placing the opponent in a genjutsu. The user then tosses a large number of explosive tags at the opponent. To the opponent, it looks as if they are countless butterflies. The opponent then believes they are sinking into the ground, in reality making them immobilized; this allows the user to place one final exploding tag on their forehead before detonating all the tags simultaneously.

One of the most used genjutsu until recently, mainly because it was the only mid range one. Its quite good to use in creative ways. You aren't limited to use it exactly how its described. For example, a Minato bio can scatter FTG kunais all around instead of explosive tags and then performing one of his signature combos. This one has potencial. Also since your opponent will feel he's sinking in the ground, he'll feel tempted to use lightning techniques, giving you a chance to actually use water to turn it against him. However, the technique is slow acting. Between the butterfly tornado that blinds him and the sinking, some time passes. In this misdt he might be able to figure its a gen and release it. Rei has the butterfly contract, so when she used this gen it was very hard to figure its a genjutsu logically.

( Nehan Shōja no Jutsu ) - Temple of Nirvana Technique
Description: The user makes one handseal, placing all the targets in the area under an illusion where feathers appear to fall from the sky. This slowly puts the opponents to sleep after one turn.

Simple enough. Using genjutsu to disturb your opponents sleep center, you are able to slowly put him to sleep. It may be hard to figure at first but a good ninja will find it weird that feathers are falling all around for example. Also, note the short range. I actually believed we changed it to mid since it affected a large arena. But meh.

( Kokuangyo no Jutsu ) - Bringer-of-Darkness Technique
Description: The user makes one handseal, causing the opponent to believe they have been trapped in a world of infinite darkness, where their sense of sight is useless. It is capable of affecting multiple targets within range. However, it does not negate their other senses.

Ahhhh, one of my favourites. You blind your opponent, trapping him in a pitch black world. However, if your opponent has enhanced senses (Inuzuka, chakra sensing, enhanced hearing, etc) he'll easily punch through this one. I like to use it with my summons. As i have Taijutsu summons, i make them close into close range to attack and time the gen so that once the opponent is ready to counter, i blind him, leaving him exposed to my attack ^^

Questions?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Excellent. A good combo with techniques like these are to use fast attacks that require no handseals. For example, chidori eiso. In that small window of time were the opponent is trying to figure out its a genjutsu, you can easily impale them without them noticing or being able to counter. Doing it in quick succesion is a key use in these cannon genjutsu. Once caught in the illusion the enemy loses sight of you. What he'll perceive will all be illusions. Thus, your real you can act fast to get some damage done. Even a kunai aimed at the right place may be deadly.

Next ones:

( Magen: Chō Shinka ) - Demonic Illusion: Butterfly Evolution
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Damage Points: 60
Description: The user makes one handseal, placing the opponent in a genjutsu. The user then tosses a large number of explosive tags at the opponent. To the opponent, it looks as if they are countless butterflies. The opponent then believes they are sinking into the ground, in reality making them immobilized; this allows the user to place one final exploding tag on their forehead before detonating all the tags simultaneously.

One of the most used genjutsu until recently, mainly because it was the only mid range one. Its quite good to use in creative ways. You aren't limited to use it exactly how its described. For example, a Minato bio can scatter FTG kunais all around instead of explosive tags and then performing one of his signature combos. This one has potencial. Also since your opponent will feel he's sinking in the ground, he'll feel tempted to use lightning techniques, giving you a chance to actually use water to turn it against him. However, the technique is slow acting. Between the butterfly tornado that blinds him and the sinking, some time passes. In this misdt he might be able to figure its a gen and release it. Rei has the butterfly contract, so when she used this gen it was very hard to figure its a genjutsu logically.

( Nehan Shōja no Jutsu ) - Temple of Nirvana Technique
Description: The user makes one handseal, placing all the targets in the area under an illusion where feathers appear to fall from the sky. This slowly puts the opponents to sleep after one turn.

Simple enough. Using genjutsu to disturb your opponents sleep center, you are able to slowly put him to sleep. It may be hard to figure at first but a good ninja will find it weird that feathers are falling all around for example. Also, note the short range. I actually believed we changed it to mid since it affected a large arena. But meh.

( Kokuangyo no Jutsu ) - Bringer-of-Darkness Technique
Description: The user makes one handseal, causing the opponent to believe they have been trapped in a world of infinite darkness, where their sense of sight is useless. It is capable of affecting multiple targets within range. However, it does not negate their other senses.

Ahhhh, one of my favourites. You blind your opponent, trapping him in a pitch black world. However, if your opponent has enhanced senses (Inuzuka, chakra sensing, enhanced hearing, etc) he'll easily punch through this one. I like to use it with my summons. As i have Taijutsu summons, i make them close into close range to attack and time the gen so that once the opponent is ready to counter, i blind him, leaving him exposed to my attack ^^

Questions?

Alright, let's see. First one, mid range. Excellent. I'd simply throw a bunch of kunai at him, whom he would see as butterflies and then I'd follow up with Storm Upheaval in order to crush him to death. Since he thinks that he's sinking into ground, as you said, the only logical thing to do would be to Nagashi out of it and that would be a suicide. Easy. Love it.
Bad thing about the second is the range. In the anime it's clearly shown that it affects a great area and is capable of taking over a large number of enemies. Skilled enemies could easily perceive this genjutsu and release with Kai. I think that this would be great to use in a war, where there are more people, one could for example take a shelter behind his teammates and without disturbance cast this genjutsu in order to slowly put them to sleep. If I'd use this in a battle I'd first create some clones and make sure that they keep him busy while I'm putting him to sleep. For this I'd have to be close to the enemy so I'd first have to get out of his sight, which could be easily done with clones.
This picture shows people asleep during the Chuunin exam and a Jounin using Kai to release the genjutsu.
Know your enemy. In order to use this I'd first study my enemy. Find out if he has any abilities that he could use to easily escape this genjutsu. When I make sure that he can't escape it easily, then I'd use it. Otherwise it's not really useful.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, let's see. First one, mid range. Excellent. I'd simply throw a bunch of kunai at him, whom he would see as butterflies and then I'd follow up with Storm Upheaval in order to crush him to death. Since he thinks that he's sinking into ground, as you said, the only logical thing to do would be to Nagashi out of it and that would be a suicide. Easy. Love it.
Bad thing about the second is the range. In the anime it's clearly shown that it affects a great area and is capable of taking over a large number of enemies. Skilled enemies could easily perceive this genjutsu and release with Kai. I think that this would be great to use in a war, where there are more people, one could for example take a shelter behind his teammates and without disturbance cast this genjutsu in order to slowly put them to sleep. If I'd use this in a battle I'd first create some clones and make sure that they keep him busy while I'm putting him to sleep. For this I'd have to be close to the enemy so I'd first have to get out of his sight, which could be easily done with clones.
This picture shows people asleep during the Chuunin exam and a Jounin using Kai to release the genjutsu.
Know your enemy. In order to use this I'd first study my enemy. Find out if he has any abilities that he could use to easily escape this genjutsu. When I make sure that he can't escape it easily, then I'd use it. Otherwise it's not really useful.
The last one indeed has the problem of being easily recognized as Genjutsu. The only Ninjutsu technique capable of doing it would be a Shadow Technique which makes it easy to use reasoning behind it to know its a genjutsu.

Now, you mastered Cannon Genjutsu. Time for the customs. First step i'll teach you is my method for making a custom.

So, if no questions exist, we can continue to that step. ^^

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The last one indeed has the problem of being easily recognized as Genjutsu. The only Ninjutsu technique capable of doing it would be a Shadow Technique which makes it easy to use reasoning behind it to know its a genjutsu.

Now, you mastered Cannon Genjutsu. Time for the customs. First step i'll teach you is my method for making a custom.

So, if no questions exist, we can continue to that step. ^^
Sure, no problem. Can't wait!

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, when you're making a CJ, you need to first understand your own fighting style so that you can produce a CJ that will be helpful to you and that can fill up a "gap" in your fighting style.

Regarding fightning styles, there are several main styles:

-Close Combat (includes hand to hand, melee elemental techniques such as chidori, low rank genjutsu and weapon use. Requires speed and agility. Speed because you're so close to your opponent that making hand seals or moving to produce a technique that envolves large chakra molding will leave you open, so techniques that are smaller, faster and denser and that which no hand seal is needed, are the choice, thus speed. Agility because things in close combat happen fast and you need both physical and mental agility to react)

-Ranged combat (envolves generally Wind, Lightning and Fire projectile techniques that are fast and easy to perform and envolves clones/summonings to get the upper hand generally. Its the most easiest of all styles but also the one that lacks the most defensive, supplementary and offensive skills. Its basically "the safe method" as you don't expose too much of yourself and still are able to keep attacking)

-Elemental Mayhem/Battleground transformation (one of my favorites. You use large, slow techniques to alter your battlefield and basically use size and volume to overpower your enemy. Main elements are Water and Earth (depending on the battleground) combined with ranged large Fire and Wind techniques. You repeatedly destroy and keep the battleground changing and trapping your enemy while hitting him with large, wide ranged elemental techniques. A most vicious type of battle because larger techniques make for larger mistakes on defenses. However, its also very prone to technicalities. Large A-Rank, S-rank and Forbidden Rank techniques always come with restrictions so at each use you are limiting yourself and keep restricting your next possible moves, leaving you prone to mistakes. Also, because you are creating and altering so much and manipulating such large volumes of elements, you may blind your enemy and confuse him...but it may also work on the same way towards yourself. KG elements such as Wood and Lava are excellent for this method)

-Guerrilla warfare (another good tactic but that needs careful usage. Genjutsu and "stealth" are used to the maximum extent. You camouflage your real actions with powerful illusions, messing your enemies senses to strike unnoticed and without a chance for counters. It falls generally more into short range but can also be effective at mid range. However, because your efforts are in illusions, you will lack the power to actually endure a powerful elemental spammer, specially if he has a doojutsu or sensory abilities or even if he's very very experienced.)

Now, these are main groups. Some may find others or develop others. I "created" these. Generally, a ninja would have one main field of expertise and a secondary one. Because you have only 35 cjs, you must choose your style carefully. Why? Imagine, i have a wood bio. Have one for a long time. Have 3 wood Cjs. If i drop my wood bio, those cjs are useless and since you can't drop cjs, i just limited myself in a very ridiculous way. If you are a bio "*****", best thing is to submit only basic 5, nin and gen customs, otherwise you'll end up with a useless mayhem of customs that serve for nothing.

This said, do you have a preferred KG or fighting style?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok, when you're making a CJ, you need to first understand your own fighting style so that you can produce a CJ that will be helpful to you and that can fill up a "gap" in your fighting style.

Regarding fightning styles, there are several main styles:

-Close Combat (includes hand to hand, melee elemental techniques such as chidori, low rank genjutsu and weapon use. Requires speed and agility. Speed because you're so close to your opponent that making hand seals or moving to produce a technique that envolves large chakra molding will leave you open, so techniques that are smaller, faster and denser and that which no hand seal is needed, are the choice, thus speed. Agility because things in close combat happen fast and you need both physical and mental agility to react)

-Ranged combat (envolves generally Wind, Lightning and Fire projectile techniques that are fast and easy to perform and envolves clones/summonings to get the upper hand generally. Its the most easiest of all styles but also the one that lacks the most defensive, supplementary and offensive skills. Its basically "the safe method" as you don't expose too much of yourself and still are able to keep attacking)

-Elemental Mayhem/Battleground transformation (one of my favorites. You use large, slow techniques to alter your battlefield and basically use size and volume to overpower your enemy. Main elements are Water and Earth (depending on the battleground) combined with ranged large Fire and Wind techniques. You repeatedly destroy and keep the battleground changing and trapping your enemy while hitting him with large, wide ranged elemental techniques. A most vicious type of battle because larger techniques make for larger mistakes on defenses. However, its also very prone to technicalities. Large A-Rank, S-rank and Forbidden Rank techniques always come with restrictions so at each use you are limiting yourself and keep restricting your next possible moves, leaving you prone to mistakes. Also, because you are creating and altering so much and manipulating such large volumes of elements, you may blind your enemy and confuse him...but it may also work on the same way towards yourself. KG elements such as Wood and Lava are excellent for this method)

-Guerrilla warfare (another good tactic but that needs careful usage. Genjutsu and "stealth" are used to the maximum extent. You camouflage your real actions with powerful illusions, messing your enemies senses to strike unnoticed and without a chance for counters. It falls generally more into short range but can also be effective at mid range. However, because your efforts are in illusions, you will lack the power to actually endure a powerful elemental spammer, specially if he has a doojutsu or sensory abilities or even if he's very very experienced.)

Now, these are main groups. Some may find others or develop others. I "created" these. Generally, a ninja would have one main field of expertise and a secondary one. Because you have only 35 cjs, you must choose your style carefully. Why? Imagine, i have a wood bio. Have one for a long time. Have 3 wood Cjs. If i drop my wood bio, those cjs are useless and since you can't drop cjs, i just limited myself in a very ridiculous way. If you are a bio "*****", best thing is to submit only basic 5, nin and gen customs, otherwise you'll end up with a useless mayhem of customs that serve for nothing.

This said, do you have a preferred KG or fighting style?
Yes I do. I prefer Ice techniques and I think I might start focusing on using genjutsu. As for the fighting style, I find Guerilla warfare best suited for me and I think that it's your fighting style too, so I guess I'd have you to teach me all tricks and stuff.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes I do. I prefer Ice techniques and I think I might start focusing on using genjutsu. As for the fighting style, I find Guerilla warfare best suited for me and I think that it's your fighting style too, so I guess I'd have you to teach me all tricks and stuff.
Cool. Lets take Ice and Genjutsu. One thing all ice techniques produce is a hissing noise as the ice sublimates in contact with the air, releasing that minuscule amount of mist. Right?

So, our Genjutsu will be induced by the effect of the ice. Now, what would be awesome to induce on enemies through the use of ice techniques that you can't in reality? Simple. It would be awesome if you could slowly or rapidly freeze them into place or at least reduce their reaction and speed. Since you can't do that through real use of ICe as it would be oped...you can do it through Genjutsu.

I generally use this check up list:

-What effect to i want?
-What range do i want?
-What rank would fit this ability?
-What restrictions are needed?
-What name?
-What theme?

-Effect is what i stated above. Basically, what you want from the custom.

-Range is basically how the technique would serve you best. Short range Genjutsu might be approvable without hand seals, Mid range needs hand seals and we won't approve normal genjutsu beyond mid range.

-Rank is something a bit subjective in genjutsu. The more complex and the severe the effects, the higher the rank. However, even a complexed genjutsu can be lowered ranked if its easily releasable. A good rank for Gen is B or A.

-Restrictions depend on rank and effect.

-Name and theme serve to give a "cool" touch to your cj. Its basically just for drama and RP purpose. ^^

Now, give it a shot. Try to describe a Genjutsu that works around the effects of either slowly freezing your opponent in place, encasing him in ice or by slowly numbing his body through an illusional freezing cold. ^^

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Cool. Lets take Ice and Genjutsu. One thing all ice techniques produce is a hissing noise as the ice sublimates in contact with the air, releasing that minuscule amount of mist. Right?

So, our Genjutsu will be induced by the effect of the ice. Now, what would be awesome to induce on enemies through the use of ice techniques that you can't in reality? Simple. It would be awesome if you could slowly or rapidly freeze them into place or at least reduce their reaction and speed. Since you can't do that through real use of ICe as it would be oped...you can do it through Genjutsu.

I generally use this check up list:

-What effect to i want?
-What range do i want?
-What rank would fit this ability?
-What restrictions are needed?
-What name?
-What theme?

-Effect is what i stated above. Basically, what you want from the custom.

-Range is basically how the technique would serve you best. Short range Genjutsu might be approvable without hand seals, Mid range needs hand seals and we won't approve normal genjutsu beyond mid range.

-Rank is something a bit subjective in genjutsu. The more complex and the severe the effects, the higher the rank. However, even a complexed genjutsu can be lowered ranked if its easily releasable. A good rank for Gen is B or A.

-Restrictions depend on rank and effect.

-Name and theme serve to give a "cool" touch to your cj. Its basically just for drama and RP purpose. ^^

Now, give it a shot. Try to describe a Genjutsu that works around the effects of either slowly freezing your opponent in place, encasing him in ice or by slowly numbing his body through an illusional freezing cold. ^^
Hm, I actually have a different idea, but I can try both.

As I start channeling my chakra into my enemies brain and disrupting his chakra flow I make him hear the crackling noise that ice makes when it sublimates in contact with the air. The noise starts appearing from different directions which makes him lose focus and become inattentive.

As I start channeling my chakra into my enemies brain and disrupting his chakra flow I make him see the field getting frozen rapidly and starting to feel cold and shaky which makes him lose focus and become inattentive.

Same thing actually. Just a different illusion.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hum... the first one has a mistake in it.

The noise starts appearing from different directions which makes him lose focus and become inattentive.
You don't know the effect something like a noise will have on your enemy. He can be an expert and have so much experience that such minor things won't work. Genjutsu customs, apart from Sharingan ones which are banned, can't control your opponents actions. You create a "situation", a "scenario" but your opponent will respond to it like his will dictates. That and logic and reflexes.

Second one seems simple and can be developed into a B-Rank/A-Rank nice genjutsu.

My ending result:

After using an ice technique, the user will do one additional hand seal, using his chakra to put his enemies into a genjutsu. The genjutsu makes use of the "hissing" sound produced by Ice techniques in contact with the air, to manipulate the enemies senses and slowly numbing them as they hear that sound. Barely noticeable at first, as the user keeps using ice techniques, the enemy will further be affected by the illusion. The genjutsu lasts 3 turns, during which the user needs to produce at least 3 Ice techniques (more will not alter the effect), one in each turn (the first one, being the one prior to the genjutsu). Upon hearing the hissing sound of the 1st Ice technique, the user will feel the slight pinch and low intensity needle-like pain associated with cold, mainly on his extremities. Upon hearing the 2nd one, the user will lose feeling on his fingers and toes, nose and ears, his mind becomes sluggish, the pain intense and generalized, shivering is present reducing the agility and precision of movement, the cold sensation equivalent to that of a -15ºC atmosphere. Upon hearing the last technique, the effects will be severe. User becomes unable to move his extremities and the pain is the same as if they were entering necrosis. The shivering is unbearable and the mental capacities barely there. Handseals and molding chakra are things hard to accomplish taking into consideration the numbness and sluggish mind. If he fails to release the illusion, his body will shut down and he will lose conscious as his body is fooled into thinking that he just fell into a hipotermic state.

First things first: What do you think? Second: What rank do you think this should be?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hum... the first one has a mistake in it.

You don't know the effect something like a noise will have on your enemy. He can be an expert and have so much experience that such minor things won't work. Genjutsu customs, apart from Sharingan ones which are banned, can't control your opponents actions. You create a "situation", a "scenario" but your opponent will respond to it like his will dictates. That and logic and reflexes.

Second one seems simple and can be developed into a B-Rank/A-Rank nice genjutsu.

My ending result:

After using an ice technique, the user will do one additional hand seal, using his chakra to put his enemies into a genjutsu. The genjutsu makes use of the "hissing" sound produced by Ice techniques in contact with the air, to manipulate the enemies senses and slowly numbing them as they hear that sound. Barely noticeable at first, as the user keeps using ice techniques, the enemy will further be affected by the illusion. The genjutsu lasts 3 turns, during which the user needs to produce at least 3 Ice techniques (more will not alter the effect), one in each turn (the first one, being the one prior to the genjutsu). Upon hearing the hissing sound of the 1st Ice technique, the user will feel the slight pinch and low intensity needle-like pain associated with cold, mainly on his extremities. Upon hearing the 2nd one, the user will lose feeling on his fingers and toes, nose and ears, his mind becomes sluggish, the pain intense and generalized, shivering is present reducing the agility and precision of movement, the cold sensation equivalent to that of a -15ºC atmosphere. Upon hearing the last technique, the effects will be severe. User becomes unable to move his extremities and the pain is the same as if they were entering necrosis. The shivering is unbearable and the mental capacities barely there. Handseals and molding chakra are things hard to accomplish taking into consideration the numbness and sluggish mind. If he fails to release the illusion, his body will shut down and he will lose conscious as his body is fooled into thinking that he just fell into a hipotermic state.

First things first: What do you think? Second: What rank do you think this should be?
Wow, this is truly amazing. I've read it a couple of times and I really like it. It seems very powerful and tricky to actually find out it's a genjutsu which means it has a good chance to actually fulfil its mission. As for the rank, I'd probably go with A rank and mid range because you said that short could be done without and mid should be done with handseals, and it states "one additional hand seal". I'd name it, "Silent Ice", because it's not! :D