Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The first and possibly the most effective would be Genjutsu Kai, which is a technique used to counter the jutsu, the user stops his/her chakra flow for a brief moment, as the genjutsu works by manipulating the chakra of the victim, it stops the genjutsu.
The second would be throught pain, fisical pain, because there are studies on medicine that comprove that pain overcomes every other sensei in our body, this doesn't count the pain of the genjutsu if it causes it, the amount of pain the victim needs to suffer is relative to the rank of the genjutsu.
Another is with a surge of chakra throught your body that will dispel the genjutsu, for example the jutsu Chidori Nagashi, which, if the user flows it throught his/her body, the user, by releasing a surge of chakra, will disrupt the chakra of the enemy and release the genjutsu.
For the 4th method, it is throught foreign chakra, another chakra source, for example, a summoning, infuse chakra throught the person in genjutsu, releaseing it, it can also be done by sage mode, jinchuuriki etc.
(I could only find those, sorry if they are the same)
Now, to dispel it being an shinobi with sharingan, the sharingan uses a genjutsu of the same rank as the enemy genjutsu to counter it, as they can see throught the genjutsu up to the rank of their sharingan.
The methods above, except for the sharingan, in case the user needs to activate his/her own Tsukyomi, doesn't work for MS based genjutsu.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
all your methods are correct just some errors.

First one yes Kai does stop the flow of chakra but that does not get rid of the genjutsu. Kai works by stopping and re-establishing the flow of one's chakra to force out the foreign chakra of their opponent. That's how the genjutsu is released.

Your last methods with the Uchihas is partially correct. The Sharingan, in regard to visual illusions, the user will see past and pierce the illusion with their sharingan, dependent on the rank of the illusion itself and the rank of the sharingan. If there are two Uchihas they can use another jutsu on each other to counterbalance the enemy illusion on the other. However such a feat isn't always necessary.

Another fun fact is that ordinary shinobi, if they create a custom do so can release themeslves in the same method of casting a genjutsu on themselves to counterbalance the other illusion. This is done by Genjutsu layering and I'll be sure to explain that to you once we get to that step but make sure you remind me once we make it there.

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hum, so it's like when Sasuke and Itachi did in their fight against Kabuto, genjutsued eachother to stop Kabuto's genjutsu.
No questions O_O

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright I have a minor quiz for you which you've partially answered already so it shouldn't be too hard

1. Sage Mode, Curse Mark, Absorption Jutsu, and Bijuu are all abilities which give you a particular advantage in breaking genjutsu explain how and tell which method each of these abilities would fall under in terms of the four methods of breaking genjutsu

2. Can Shadow clones break the host body out of a genjutsu? Why or Why not?

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sage mode disperses genjutsu because of the user absorbs nature chakra, which he combines with the spirit and body to enter sage mode, so it would rebalance the body and spirit when he/she enter sage mode.
Cursed Mark/Seal follow the same principles, when activated, the senjutsu chakra contained in it will enter the users body, finding balance in it, the difference from sage mode is that the CM user doesn't gather senjutsu chakra on his own.
The jinchuuriki release is when the Bijuu inside the jinchuuriki releases the jinchuuriki from the genjutsu by surpressing their chakra and then releasing it, using Kai basically.
Absorbtion would release the user from the genjutsu because when the user absorbs the chakra, the chakra overflows throught the user body, thus making the altered chakra back to normal, releasing from the genjutsu.
Jinchuuriki release would fit in the Kai release, while the other would fit on the foreign chakra release.
I honestly don't know the second question, but I think it can't.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well you failed that quiz.

1. You are correct in how you speak of the first three methods to a degree. There is an external chakra entering you body which works like the third method of release which is having an external chakra forcing out the chakra causing you harm. All of these are external chakra release. The way that method works is: so long as the chakra is separate from that which is being affected by the genjutsu then any external force going inside will force it out. So nature energy like in SM and CM is external chakra flowing in to force out the chakra. Bijuu? The Bijuu and Jinchuuriki have two separate chakras therefore a Bijuu can break their host out just like a partner. Absorption jutsu, takes chakra from one area into your body and breaks you out.

2. Was answered in 1. You make a clone the chakra of the clone even though it's your own is separate from the body that is being disturbed by the genjutsu so if a clone pushes chakra into the host body it will indeed release them from genjutsu.

You got like a 37% on that :/

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Eventually.

Now onto casting. Traditional genjutsu is cast in the following, create a set of hand seals and then send your chakra into the cerebral nervous system of your opponent. From there the chakra you've used disturbs the entire chakra flow of your opponent in such a precise manner it creates several fictitious affects ranging from visual, tactile, auditory, olfactory, and/or taste (though the latter is less conventional). Genjutsu affects the five senses and, in some cases can affect the conscious state through the use of hypnosis though that is generally restricted to Sharingan users, but there are very few genjutsu within the set you'll learn that are hypnotic.

However there are other ways in which one can cast genjutsu; the five senses you can induce genjutsu through touch, through sound (but those are restricted to sound users), through smell, through taste (though nobody has been successful in that so far) and even through sight through light images. each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Also not all genjutsu have to be visual based techniques, some can affect singular senses while others can affect multiple senses. However a false image of some sort is generally common in most genjutsu which is why an Uchiha is especially good at battling genjutsu because they can see through visual genjutsu. Questions?

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To cast a genjutsu, the user needs to send it's chakra to the enemy's body and make it reach their nervous system, then the user can use that chakra to manipulate the enemy 5 senses by disturbing the chakra flow of the enemy, making it feel, see, hear, smell and taste things that aren't real.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's how you cast genjutsu...sort of. Once your chakra leaves you you no longer have control over it, the chakra you send to your opponent disturbs them and takes care of the rest. However that wasn't my question.

My question was what condition must be met for you to cast a genjutsu meaning. Before you can do what you said what do you need? I'll give you a hint; think of sending a letter to somebody over the mail.

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:vicent:
I hate my life
I hate my life
I hate my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife

I guess I would know where I am sending the chakra because I directed the chakra towards there.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know where to send your chakra because you know where your opponent is right? so if you don't know where your opponent is then can you send your chakra to them?