Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Genjutsu, literally meaning Illusionary Techniques is, the art of creating illusions in the victims mind by inserting the users chakra into their brain and creating images that aren't real, illusions, depending on the grade of the genjutsu, the user can manipulate all the 5 senses of the victim, making them feel pain, blindness, etc, genjutsu can be dispelled by stopping the victim chakra flow for a moment, to then reatain it normally, while the chakra that was used for the genjutsu is expelled, also with pain, this however, cannot work in Mangekyou Sharingan genjutsu, due to it's abilties, now, about genjutsu, there are other ways of them breaking the genjutsu and they can cast their genjutsus better than non-Uchihas by simply using eye contanct, which is why the Uchiha is the strongest clan in the Naruto Verse, talking again about Uchihas, there are 2 forbidden genjutsus which abide from the ordinary rules of use, being Izanagi and Izanami, Izanagi can manipullate reality, making it an illusion and changing it into another one which the user so wants, Izanami makes an almost endless cycle in the victims mind, till they see recognize their flaws and then they can get free, both of them at the cost of the vision of the eye used in it.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, so there's still a bit you need to polish up on before anything. The way I train in genjutsu is based on a method system. Instead of teaching you techniques in order from D to A I group all similar genjutsu into groups and teach you that was so it's easier for you to learn about the concepts of each different type of genjutsu that exists in our canon. I also teach you (in a basic sense) how to apply jutsu and how you can create custom genjutsu that far exceed the usefulness of canon due to it's limitations thus far.

However before we begin you'll need to go through the pre-training which is essentially giving you the bar minimum needed about genjutsu before you should even learn the techniques. In essence you need a stronger foundation so that, when you actually learn the techniques you have a stronger sense of how you can use them and then it'll be easier to apply them. The pre-training happens in three steps as follows:

Detecting/Breaking Genjutsu

Casting Genjutsu

Layering Genjutsu

The first two are the essential basics but many struggle with those hidden nuances when it comes to breaking and casting. The last thing is a more advanced concept that was never expanded upon before until recently and still some people have trouble understanding. Therefore I go into depth on those. Now then are there any questions before proceeding?

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only 1 question sensei, so you're not necessary teaching all the D-ranks first, so if I learn one of higher rank without finishing the D-ranks can I use it?
Other than that, I understand everything, genjutsu was always something vague for me, it's good to learn it from the Sage of Yin

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Think of it this way in the traditional training system you learn Jutsu based on rank and in order as listed in the jutsu list. Once you finish that list you can use those jutsu. It just so happens that those techniques are in order of rank so you learn D-rank jutsu C-rank jutsu and B-rank and so on and so forth

In this method take away ranks. You learn a list based on the criteria I chose, this list ranges from all ranks D to S. So once you finish that list you can use all the jutsu in that list. However, my list doesn't follow an order of rank.

Short version is; in any case you learn what you're taught. I don't teach from the bottom up I teach from a different systm. So if I teach you all the B-ranks and no D-ranks you can use all B-ranks but you can't us the D-ranks I didn't teach you.

In the case of your Rank, Sannin I can do this because you can use jutsu up to S-rank. In genjutsu there are no jutsu above A-rank (aside for Toad Sage Mode) therefore I can teach you anything within genjutsu and you can use what I teach you. Make sense?

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright; my second question is about genjutsu defense. What is the key component you need before you can break out of any genjutsu consciously? My hint for you is the last word of my question.

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The key component of defending against an genjutsu is to be able to recognize you're in an genjutsu, to do that, you need to ignore the effects that the genjutsu give you to and, look at it's flaws, if there is something that can't be real, it isn't real, another way is by seeing that your chakra is disrupted, by either sharingan or chakra sensing or even other means, thought higher ranked genjutsu usually are almost flawless, with only almost inpercepitble details and they can make you unable to sense or see if your chakra in disrupted

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're correct in that consciousness of being in a genjutsu is the key. Actively knowing you're in a genjutsu is the key to releasing any genjutsu purposefully. There are ways to release a genjutsu "by accident" but we call that metagame and bad practice so I won't be going into that much other than how to spot a metagamer.

But in terms of how one recognizes their in a genjutsu you need a bit more of an understanding. The first thing you said is partially correct, you need to spot what is happening and determine if it's fiction or reality. This varies in difficulty based on the illusion. Some illusions are designed to be outright obvious that you're in one while others are designed especially to make sure your opponent doesn't know they're in a genjutsu. Some of customs people design try for both but it's difficult. You made me realize something to add to my training with others which are; the types of genjutsu. However I will get to that momentarily. You cannot "ignore" the affects of the genjutsu you need to pay attention to them if anything and notice those nuances. In the case of most genjutsu you have to visually be adept to understand you're in a genjutsu. If the enviornment changes or things become irregular or seem out of the ordinary from reality, yes you can decipher it's a genjutsu from those abnormalities.

As for chakra sensors you're correct in that they have a higher degree of confirmation ability but it's not as easy as one thinks. A chakra sensor, or a dojutsu user focuses on the battle and their opponent first. This is the usual case a chakra sensor is looking for their opponent, what type of chakra they're using, what techniques they are using etc, etc. So they are not constantly sensing or seeing their own chakra flow within their body. In order for a chakra sensor or even a dojutsu user to determine they are in a genjutsu by reason of chakra fluctuation they need to first be suspiscious of being in a genjutsu in the first place like an ordinary user. The difference between an ordinary users and a chakra sensor based user is; the ordinary user is gambling on whether or not they're in a genjutsu (in some cases where it's not explicitly obvious) and chakra sensor based users can confirm the moment they look into their chakra and see the disruption. Nevertheless they need appropriate reason to discern they are in a genjutsu to begin with, which, as I said before is often difficult or easy based on the type of genjutsu;

Onto to that, I have another piece of knowledge for you; my sensei taught me of types of genjutsu users ranging from 1 of 3

Sadistic Tortures
Discrete Users
Hybrid

The aforementioned list being the perfected type of genjutsu a user prefers to use.

A Sadistic users like my mother Liliana prefers to use strong torture based genjutsu like Tsukuyomi. The advantage is, for a skilled user of this method their techniques are so strong and powerful that it doesn't matter if one is able to determine they are in a genjutsu they are capable of casting these jutsu to the point their opponent's cant release them or at least not so easily. Techniques like Tsukuyomi are impossible to break unless you have a Mangekyou Sharingan (which mommy does have). Some other methods include layering assisting genjutsu to make it harder for the primary genjutsu to be released (which we will talk about later). The disadvantage to this though is, generally the techniques are obviously genjutsu so one has the upper hand in determining it's a genjutsu and they dont have to waste time coming up with logic and can just focus on HOW they'll get out.

Deceptive genjutsu are techniques that are more subtle. These are usually distractions or masks for the user to conduct something their opponent doesn't see or misses/misinterprets. People who use these types of genjutsu make it so that their genjutsu is extremely difficult to tell and often times people will not know and will attempt to either metagame out of or simply conceded and look for ways to fight in the genjutsu to the best of their ability. The advantage is, peole have a hard time figuring it out and if you do it right they can't get out on the premise of they dont' know so they don't try and they make it so they have no need to use jutsu that would otherwise break them out. Downside is, these are less restrictive so the basic methods of release can pretty much get them out of it if they do figure it out or metagame out.

Hybrids are essentially a cross breed. My father scorps and I fancy more of this method and use a combination of hard to determine genjutsu and very powerful illusions. The draw backs are the same as above depending on what jutsu you use at the time. This is the more balanced of the two, however true masters can take a style and still rape with whatever. Liliana is a prime example of that. I possess 50+ genjutsu customs from the strongest genjutsu users on the base imo aside from Emperor (he'll come around). And when dealing with genjutsu it's like playing with cards and you have the ability to customize your hand at will.

This is a lot of info so feel free to ask any questions

Dãrth1

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Holy crap I'd hate to have me as a sensei
Nah, I like reading wallies, the problem is writing them =P
This helps a lot, so the sadistics ones would be the easiest ones to notice, but the victim will be suffering a lot and shouldn't be able to move if the technique is strong, just a question, is there a genjutsu that even an expert would have really a lot of difficult to find out it's a genjutsu? It would be quite a one shot O_O

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are no real genjutsu that are discrete enough canon wise that a proclaimed expert wouldn't be able to figure out. There are many easy techniques to discover but depending on your bio and how you go about using them it would be difficult. For example

String Bean Bindng
Flower Trap
Tree Binding Death

These are all plant like techniques. If a shinobi like Hashirama were to use these techniques (they are canon btw) or Yamato, somebody who is known for their Wood Release then it is by no stretch of the imagination impossible for them to manifest such entities therefore it is more difficult to determine that those techniques are genjutsu when against a Hashirama or Yamato bio then against an ordinary shmuck.

However there are quite a few custom genjutsu that I've seen and possess as well that would be difficult. However if you're asking can I pull the wool over the eyes of somebody like Liliana or Scorps, or Vision, or anybody of that level in genjutsu I'd say I'd have to work really really hard. pretty sure it's impossible with two of the three considering one abilities from a clan we're all in. Can't explain it to you but against some opponents it's better to pick the type that works. I'm a hybrid because I know some genjutsu will be less effective against some opponents while others are more.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, now we'll go onto breaking genjutsu. Genjutsu is broken by resetting the balance of physical and spiritual chakras inside of you through one of four methods by ordinary shinobi Give me those four methods and then give me the method exclusive to Sharingan users