Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That can be accomplished with ninjutsu as well.
the difference is that the success of ninjutsu is based very heavily on other capabilities of a person. it's unlikely for anyone to land a chidori or rasengan on someone that's faster than them, but finger jutsu doesn't care. ninjutsu is only ever great when paired with someone who's already strong in some other regard like chakra capacity or reactions.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the difference is that the success of ninjutsu is based very heavily on other capabilities of a person. it's unlikely for anyone to land a chidori or rasengan on someone that's faster than them, but finger jutsu doesn't care. ninjutsu is only ever great when paired with someone who's already strong in some other regard like chakra capacity or reactions.
The same could be said for genjutsu. There are shinobi (even non-Uchiha) who are genjutsu resistant. Therefore I could just as easily say that genjutsu is only great when paired with someone who is potent enough in yin release to cast a powerful enough genjutsu to stop the enemy.

Besides, you are assuming too much. Attacking the enemy with an attack such as rasengan or chidori isn't the only way to avert the stab via ninjutsu.

You could use a spacetime ninjutsu like flying thunder god, kamui or amenotejikara to teleport and dodge the attacker (or phase through in the case of kamui)

You could use a barrier ninjutsu or even something like an earth style wall, a shield made of truth seeking balls or susanoo to block the attack.

You could use substitution jutsu or shunshin.

You could use a long range or widespread jutsu like chidori nagashi to fend off the attacker before they can even get close enough to you to stab you.

Etc...

The list goes on and on.

On another note, ninjutsu can be way more versatile than genjutsu at times since it can be used in practical situations as well (and not just battle).

Examples:

I could use shadow clones to multitask and have one clone do my homework, one clone pay my bills, one clone do my grocery shopping and one clone do my laundry while I just chill. Can't do that with genjutsu.

I could use water style ninjutsu to put out a fire from a burning building. Couldn't do that with genjutsu.

I could use Ohnoki's lightweight rock technique to fly and use that as a better means of transportation than driving in traffic. Genjutsu wouldn't do that for me

I could use creation of all things to create anything I want out of thin air for myself. Genjutsu won't suffice there.

See what I mean?

Reactions: minamoto

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, but actually no.

As it was explained, while Genjutsu has clear advantages over Ninjutsu and other techniques in the sense that it can end a fight before it starts and disarm someone without harming them, then it also has its share of risks and drawbacks. One such risks we see Itachi demonstrate in his fight with Kurenai. If Genjutsu is broken then there is no telling what will happen, nor when it will happen. If you put someone under a Genjutsu and close in for a kill and they break out right before you get to do them in, they might as well counter attack and kill you.

If you fail and your opponent is better than you it might just as well end with you getting trapped in your own illusion. As also demonstrated by Itachi in all instances he use Genjutsu is another weakness. The caster has to focus a great deal, even someone as talented as Itachi who also possessed the Mangekyou Sharingan. This was the reason Sasuke wasn't too good at it because he couldn't focus and sit still long enough to use. He resulted in using it extremely short bursts as seen against Danzo, and the one time he did use it over a longer time he did stand still to focus the entire time as seen against Itachi.

Genjutsu is therefore not suitable for fighting multiple opponents unless the caster is God tier with it, and even then it posses massive risks depending on the opponent. So no, Genjutsu isn't "better" or "worse" than other techniques, it just has other uses.