Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, this is gonna be a general football debates thread - ranging from everything like latest transfer news, latest results, latest analysis ect... - since we can't make a new thread every times there's a new match or event.
This thread is mostly for me and ReLax- since we keep debating on those news continuously and mostly, need to post long wallies of VMs which are split into parts xD Still, anyone can participate in those debates.

Retarded posts without elaboration (like "this team is the best", we won, yay!, we're too good, your team is lame ect...) are NOT allowed though.

So I'm gonna continue it from our last forms of discussion which started from the two Manchesters' clubs recent performance and the duel as usual between Madrid and Barca. Check it if you wish.

Escorpiius said:
Waaayne Rooooooooooney

Frankly, I know the duel between City and United will be tough but I'd expected ManU to rivalise them by grabbing more points not in terms of goal average. I thought that City with his squad will be unmatchable when it comes to goals but wtf, ManU is actually putting more in the net. United, by the way they are faring, are on their best shape + they are doing that with injuries while City has their full squad.
Aguero and Dzeko have put 6 goals in 4 matches each while Rooney is at 8 in 4 matches!
ReLax - said:
Sanchez is out for 8 weeks

Barcelona drew this weekend. They had Messi, Inesita, Puyol, Abidal, Mascherno, Villa on the bench as AC Milan game is coming up and Pique was given the day off. Villa replaced Sanchez in the 20th min and Messi, Inesita came on around the 70th. Barcelona always start off bad, one day it will haunt them. RM struggled but pulled a victory 4-2 and AC Milan drew, Bayern won 7-0.
I just heard something funny last year Man U were keen on getting Sergio Busquets and next transfer Man City will offer Barcelona 35 million for him.
It's about time Rooney shows his top form but I guess there will be a lot more will see from him hopefully.

Yes, City did play with there starting 11 pretty much but will still be a force for all of Europe. We will see how they start off CL campaign. Well, Aguero came on as a sub for the first two league games if I'm not mistaken around the 60-70th min mark, if he started all I think he could have reached 8 or even more. Also Bayern's, Mario Gomez has 8 goals too in like 5 games.
Escorpiius said:
Well, I don't know if Aguero will have start off better but in some games, he's outshined by Nasri/Dzeko/Silva and on others, he really shows his full potential. City still hasn't found his leader of attack this season yet perhaps also because Tevez keeps grappling some playtime.

Well, Barca was leading 2-0 and I went to sleep Guess, I missed the better part. xD Well, Madrid know one thing this season - any mistakes will be paid very heavily. let's see how it ends up in like 2-3 months.

Yeah, I know about Busquets but I guess, ManU's plans are changing drastically after the youngsters brilliant performances. Arsenal barely draw also and Liverpool lost 1-0.
For sure in EPL, it's playing out between the 2 Manchesters and Chelsea holding to his 3rd positions as I predicted.

The worst non-transfer of this season was for Tottenham. I can't believe they refused 40 Millions for player like Modric. Keeping him will entail them heavy losses and next season, he'll barely worth 10 Millions.

City will get something fixed for sure with time but gotta admit that whatsoever, they are really dangerous right now. An advice - Don't miss this year's Manchester derby

Well, it's a simple interview but he's being modest. Anyways, if Manchester beat Barca this year with this young team, I'm gonna be double-overjoyed. Think of it, Manchester barely scored as much or played as well as recently and ironically, it's a team composed of only 2-4 starters who made it to the CL final last year. I've watched that "don't know how to qualify victory like" against Arsenal match 8 times and man, Rooney is quite right. Few teams will be able to do something against ManU this year if every match, they play like that.
ReLax - said:
Augero is still quiet impressive. It will take time but eventually they will have a fix attack set up.

Well, Messi said in a recent interview that Man U is one of the toughest teams he has faced. He said it doesn't matter how they (Barcelona) beat them twice but he has said it was difficult to do so and has already said Man U will make this years final.

Messi Interview if you haven't read it.

ManU and Barca are favourites this year but anything is possible. I really want to see a ManU VS Madrid showdown. Iker last year said Madrid would have been ManU also if they made it to the final LOL I personally believed ManU would have one or at least it would have been down to the wire.

Don't worry I won't miss it will be as good as Barca VS Madrid or better and as intense, I wonder who's gonna start up the fights lol

For me it's like this
1. Barcelona
2. Manchester United
3. Real Madrid

It's like Xavi said last year Man U are much more competitive and play better football than Madrid which I agree because there team work is better. Madrid sign new players every year and change up plays/line ups so much. If Man U beat Barcelona this year they will either take that #1 team from them or at least be side to side with the best in the world as everyone will look at Barcelona holding to final victories over them twice. I'm not sure if I heard correctly but has SAF had a victory over Barca before? Or was he just speaking of CL/Final victory, never beating Barcelona.

ManU and Barca are favourites this year but anything is possible. I really want to see a ManU VS Madrid showdown. Iker last year said Madrid would have been ManU also if they made it to the final LOL I personally believed ManU would have one or at least it would have been down to the wire.

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Escorpiius said:
Yeah, the Top 3 is quite similar for me too. And on the part if SAF ever beaten Barca, well, we did won in the year when we won the CL against Chelsea (2007-08). If I remember, we've drawn at Camp Nou (0-0) before winning at OT (1-0) in Semi-Finals. The goal was from Scholes from a shot of 30+ distance.

Well, Barca and ManU favorites since almost every year now. If Manchester will have beaten Madrid in Final, well, to be frank, it will have been a very close match and either team could have won it. But it's true that I've been lingering to see those 2 clash since some time now. Mostly, also because, unlike many ManU supporters, I've still got lots of respect and admiration for CR7 and I'd love to see him against ManU. For me, Ronaldo will end his career at ManU.
ReLax - said:
Yeah, I thought so, the way he said it in a interview seemed like he never beat them but I guess he is speaking final wise, his side lost twice to Barca.

Yes, they are but Man City, Bayern and Chelsea are also favourites to me will go down between those 4-5. CR7 is great and like many Man U supporters hope to see him back but I don't think he may return. He said last year he would have been with Man City if Mourinho left Madrid and just recently he said he wouldn't rule out playing for Russia. I'll say Ronaldo will end his career either playing back home in Portugal or maybe even in MLS, they will offer big money (Pele, Becham, and Henry have all done so).

Also I can see him going to the same team Eto'o is at as they have tons of money and could buy him.
You meant his side lost to Man U, right. :p

Well, add Madrid to that list. For me, this year's Top8 in CL will compose of ManU, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, ManCity, Bayern, AC Milan and 2 random teams.

Well, i just saw an article in this week's local newspaper at my place where he said that he's happy for now in Madrid but if he had to go somewhere someday, the most probable team will be Manchester United and he says that if he chose EPL, then he's 99% sure that it will be ManU. Anyways, I guess, all those are diverse rumors but still, I bet his chances of returning to MManU more because of his speech while receiving Ballon D'Or where he spoke good things about SAF and United and spoke about his future career where, he said that his dream is to play for Madrid one day but he said that he thinks that his career will end somewhere near the United. I wonder how much are true obviously as eventually, it's money which decides the first nowadays.

Btw, Eto'o scored his 2nd goal in 2 matches with Anzhi. He still got great flair.

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, it was the start of the new season of CL yesterday, so i thought why not put up a small analysis and afterthoughts of some of the awaited matches.

First-off, I'll start with the match that I've watched obviously - Milan AC v/s Barcelona. A 2-2 result that's more of a hold-up result than a hard-fought one for the Italian side. They scored one of the most fastest goal in CL History in 24 seconds (not the fastest ever though as there was a goal in a mere 10 seconds once in the CL) by Pato. It's a bit of a solo goal against a poorly arranged defense at the start where Pato's acceleration was fatal.
After 5 minutes though, Barca's possession play took the better of Milan gradually till a turning point (in my view) when Boateng was injured. His exit decreased considerably the counters fluidity and precision of Milan and thus accentuated the Catalan's domination.

Milan's defense was interesting to analyze for the football freak that I am. They decided instead of going by huge pressing or man-to-man marking way, to do something different against Barcelona's which I'm quite against at the end of this match. They decided to have the defense (around 7-8 players) cover the whole perimeter of the shot-out box. In a way, it shall force Barca's to only two solutions - try an attack from the wings or shoot from distance except.......that...it had another flaw. And that's the presence of Messi. Barcelona is really blessed to have someone like him as he's the best to take you out of the defensive web that the Milan tried and that was showed clearly on the equalizer goal where he eliminated the static defense before giving the ball on a plate for Pedro to net it in. (Also, huge defensive mistake by Silva on that goal).

Anyways, the second half was predictable. They kept their possession football and increased their domination - increasing also their lead to 2-1 with a free-kick by Villa. As Milan was lost completely on the field, it's really a hold-up goal by Silva on last minute corner kick that really shocked everyone. More than taking a point, Milan actually stole 2 points from Barca and that's pretty commendable - given Barca's domination over the match on the whole. As for Barca, well, they showed a good display of football; with only dark point being their defense for now.
Milan will be more prepared for the return match though as it will be at San Siro and they'll most likely recuperate from injuries, Ibra, Robinho and Boateng.

The other nice - which in my opinion was the best yesterday for it's rapid attacks - was Dortmund v/s Arsenal. Arsenal got back their suspended players in EPL on this occasion and Dortmund was brilliant for it's return on the CL platform. in fact, they outshine the Gunners with their rapid play-style (courtesy of Gode) and rightfully atleast gained an equalizer at the end of the match. In fact, after the V.Persie goal, Arsenal more or less tried to pacify the match which they did till the 80th minute where Dortmund placed on 5-7 occasions before netting atleast one in. Weakness in the last instant against for Arsenal. Not so good for them especially since Marseille is now leader of their group given a hard-fought 1-0 victory.

Other results.

Racing Genk- Valencia (0-0)

Chelsea - Bayer Leverkusen (2-0) [not such impressive one by Chelsea but a concentrated display overall and a good performance at the end.]

Porto - Shakhtar (2-1)

Apoel Nicosia - Zenit (2-1)

FC Viktoria Plzeň - BATE Borisov (1-1)

Dean Kaguya

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, it was the start of the new season of CL yesterday, so i thought why not put up a small analysis and afterthoughts of some of the awaited matches.

First-off, I'll start with the match that I've watched obviously - Milan AC v/s Barcelona. A 2-2 result that's more of a hold-up result than a hard-fought one for the Italian side. They scored one of the most fastest goal in CL History in 24 seconds (not the fastest ever though as there was a goal in a mere 10 seconds once in the CL) by Pato. It's a bit of a solo goal against a poorly arranged defense at the start where Pato's acceleration was fatal.
After 5 minutes though, Barca's possession play took the better of Milan gradually till a turning point (in my view) when Boateng was injured. His exit decreased considerably the counters fluidity and precision of Milan and thus accentuated the Catalan's domination.

Milan's defense was interesting to analyze for the football freak that I am. They decided instead of going by huge pressing or man-to-man marking way, to do something different against Barcelona's which I'm quite against at the end of this match. They decided to have the defense (around 7-8 players) cover the whole perimeter of the shot-out box. In a way, it shall force Barca's to only two solutions - try an attack from the wings or shoot from distance except.......that...it had another flaw. And that's the presence of Messi. Barcelona is really blessed to have someone like him as he's the best to take you out of the defensive web that the Milan tried and that was showed clearly on the equalizer goal where he eliminated the static defense before giving the ball on a plate for Pedro to net it in. (Also, huge defensive mistake by Silva on that goal).

Anyways, the second half was predictable. They kept their possession football and increased their domination - increasing also their lead to 2-1 with a free-kick by Villa. As Milan was lost completely on the field, it's really a hold-up goal by Silva on last minute corner kick that really shocked everyone. More than taking a point, Milan actually stole 2 points from Barca and that's pretty commendable - given Barca's domination over the match on the whole. As for Barca, well, they showed a good display of football; with only dark point being their defense for now.
Milan will be more prepared for the return match though as it will be at San Siro and they'll most likely recuperate from injuries, Ibra, Robinho and Boateng.

The other nice - which in my opinion was the best yesterday for it's rapid attacks - was Dortmund v/s Arsenal. Arsenal got back their suspended players in EPL on this occasion and Dortmund was brilliant for it's return on the CL platform. in fact, they outshine the Gunners with their rapid play-style (courtesy of Gode) and rightfully atleast gained an equalizer at the end of the match. In fact, after the V.Persie goal, Arsenal more or less tried to pacify the match which they did till the 80th minute where Dortmund placed on 5-7 occasions before netting atleast one in. Weakness in the last instant against for Arsenal. Not so good for them especially since Marseille is now leader of their group given a hard-fought 1-0 victory.

Other results.

Chelsea - Bayer Leverkusen (2-0) [not such impressive one by Chelsea but a concentrated display overall and a good performance at the end.]

Porto - Shakhtar (2-1)

Well, because i didnt watch the other games, my comments will be mostly about the Barça game.
The early goal scored by Pato was as a result of poor defending on the side of barca and also because when barça is starting a game, they usually dont take the beginning seriously imo, the time they take the match seriously is usually from the 5 minute onwards (thats what i've observed over the years) and well Barça's playing style kicked in after the 5th minute where they began their wonderful game of passing and also Milan didnt seem to play the offensive game, they were more like defending and thats also a fatal mistake playing against the likes of Barca however Milans defense seemed to handle themselves very well until Messi caused for the equalizer.
The second half Milan's style to change they were still on the defence and this gave Barca the opportunity to go for the goal because Barca was pressurizing the defense of Milan and keeping it on its toes. The equalizer by Milan imo was not unexpected because another thing i've realized is that the Barca team lacks the will to go on till the end. Because during the last 15 minutes of every game if Barca is in the lead they get complacent against any team and that is when the teams often get the chance to equalize and sometimes even go for the win. Barca is a very good team, i must say and all the factors needed for a good team they have however their main problem is going on till the very end. Imo, if Barca plays all out football until the very end of the game, well, then imo no team will be able to stand in their way. But, nonetheless it was a very good game and well, i cant wait for the return encounter at the San Siro because Milan will be ready for Barca.

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Other results.

Porto - Shakhtar (2-1)

Who needs to watch a game when they have you :p

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the games, but I was surprised by the Barca-Milan result as I expected full domination from the Catalans. The other surprise was the Arsenal - Dortmund match, I expected a win from the Germans, knowing their current form.

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, because i didnt watch the other games, my comments will be mostly about the Barça game.
The early goal scored by Pato was as a result of poor defending on the side of barca and also because when barça is starting a game, they usually dont take the beginning seriously imo, the time they take the match seriously is usually from the 5 minute onwards (thats what i've observed over the years) and well Barça's playing style kicked in after the 5th minute where they began their wonderful game of passing and also Milan didnt seem to play the offensive game, they were more like defending and thats also a fatal mistake playing against the likes of Barca however Milans defense seemed to handle themselves very well until Messi caused for the equalizer.
The second half Milan's style to change they were still on the defence and this gave Barca the opportunity to go for the goal because Barca was pressurizing the defense of Milan and keeping it on its toes. The equalizer by Milan imo was not unexpected because another thing i've realized is that the Barca team lacks the will to go on till the end. Because during the last 15 minutes of every game if Barca is in the lead they get complacent against any team and that is when the teams often get the chance to equalize and sometimes even go for the win. Barca is a very good team, i must say and all the factors needed for a good team they have however their main problem is going on till the very end. Imo, if Barca plays all out football until the very end of the game, well, then imo no team will be able to stand in their way. But, nonetheless it was a very good game and well, i cant wait for the return encounter at the San Siro because Milan will be ready for Barca.
Well, it's not really that they don't start a match seriously but I think, in the start, many teams try to attack all-out to pose problems and thus, it took some time for Barca (5-10 mins) to calm down the play and start the somniferous continuous passes.
Well, I think their defense style wasn't holding up that well and it broke down logically. It just took some time for Barca to decrypt the hidden flaws of that defensive strategy and as I said, this goes faster when you've got Messi in your team.
Well, Milan didn't have much options in this match, so I wasn't surprised that they kept playing the same way in the 2nd half. They lack some key players and precision cruelly. That's why the domination of Catalans.
Yeah, Barca gets a bit calmer in the last minutes but that's the same for United and City too. Madrid's main timeline weakness is during the 40th-50th minutes most of the times.

Anyways, nice post and it makes up for a nice return match.

Who needs to watch a game when they have you :p

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the games, but I was surprised by the Barca-Milan result as I expected full domination from the Catalans. The other surprise was the Arsenal - Dortmund match, I expected a win from the Germans, knowing their current form.
Yeah, I'm more thrilling than the game itself lol :p Anyways, thanks for the compliment. My review for the United whooping of 8-2 was much longer though.

Well, both Dortmund and Barcelona pretty much dominated in my eyes but yeah, the end-result was not that.
For Arsenal, it's mostly the efficiency and concentration of 80 minutes of them that lead to a draw and in the Barca, well, it's a hold-up victory for Milan overall.

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, I'm more thrilling than the game itself lol :p Anyways, thanks for the compliment. My review for the United whooping of 8-2 was much longer though.

Well, both Dortmund and Barcelona pretty much dominated in my eyes but yeah, the end-result was not that.
For Arsenal, it's mostly the efficiency and concentration of 80 minutes of them that lead to a draw and in the Barca, well, it's a hold-up victory for Milan overall.
Ohh, I'm so glad I watched that game, I don't have the nerves to go through something as long :p

Barcelona always dominates and controls the game, but honestly, I don't know much about Dortmund. I guess that both teams didn't get what they deserved from the games, because they didn't pay as much attention at some moment or made a stupid mistake, for once, at the Pato goal, Barca's defense was a ruin.

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ohh, I'm so glad I watched that game, I don't have the nerves to go through something as long :p

Barcelona always dominates and controls the game, but honestly, I don't know much about Dortmund. I guess that both teams didn't get what they deserved from the games, because they didn't pay as much attention at some moment or made a stupid mistake, for once, at the Pato goal, Barca's defense was a ruin.
In case you wanna check it anyways on a day where your nerves are not present :p;)

Well, Dortmund was a real crusher in offense last season but this year, they started the Bundesliga a bit difficultly. But I find their return in the CL convincing and far from a small team performance. Arsenal's legacy and experience help them in this match to atleast gain a draw. They are still suffering though despite the 5 arrival after the nightmare at Old Trafford.

As for the first goal, well, I found that it's Pato which did that unexpected acceleration that pierced the whole defense. Barca clearly wasn't ready and was not expecting something like that in merely 24 seconds. They are a little bit dis-concentrated in defense at the start of this season - perhaps the lack of Pique-Puyol.

Check this one which nearly went in. It was during the 2-2 Liga match against Sociedad.

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In case you wanna check it anyways on a day where your nerves are not present :p;)

Well, Dortmund was a real crusher in offense last season but this year, they started the Bundesliga a bit difficultly. But I find their return in the CL convincing and far from a small team performance. Arsenal's legacy and experience help them in this match to atleast gain a draw. They are still suffering though despite the 5 arrival after the nightmare at Old Trafford.

As for the first goal, well, I found that it's Pato which did that unexpected acceleration that pierced the whole defense. Barca clearly wasn't ready and was not expecting something like that in merely 24 seconds. They are a little bit dis-concentrated in defense at the start of this season - perhaps the lack of Pique-Puyol.

Check this one which nearly went in. It was during the 2-2 Liga match against Sociedad.

I guess I'll have enough time this season to watch them in the CL. As Arsenal, I expected them to be broken psychologically after the United game.

Yep, but I'd expect a team as Barca to have info on the other team. :)

WOW'! Nice ;d

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess I'll have enough time this season to watch them in the CL. As Arsenal, I expected them to be broken psychologically after the United game.

Yep, but I'd expect a team as Barca to have info on the other team. :)

WOW'! Nice ;d
Indeed.Yeah, Arsenal's plight is barely surprising right now. Let's see how they ends up gradually.

Well, in Champions League, I expect every team to have done solid research on every team. In fact, this is real for every league in professional football I believe. Perhaps, it's over-confidence, perhaps lack of confidence, but whatever, they are not a perfect team still and like every team, weaknesses of them are shown during every match.

ReLax -

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You meant his side lost to Man U, right. :p

Well, add Madrid to that list. For me, this year's Top8 in CL will compose of ManU, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, ManCity, Bayern, AC Milan and 2 random teams.

Well, i just saw an article in this week's local newspaper at my place where he said that he's happy for now in Madrid but if he had to go somewhere someday, the most probable team will be Manchester United and he says that if he chose EPL, then he's 99% sure that it will be ManU. Anyways, I guess, all those are diverse rumors but still, I bet his chances of returning to MManU more because of his speech while receiving Ballon D'Or where he spoke good things about SAF and United and spoke about his future career where, he said that his dream is to play for Madrid one day but he said that he thinks that his career will end somewhere near the United. I wonder how much are true obviously as eventually, it's money which decides the first nowadays.

Btw, Eto'o scored his 2nd goal in 2 matches with Anzhi. He still got great flair.
I probably wasn't that clear on this. I meant SAF, in a interview after the final last season said he has never beaten Barcelona. That's why I was making sure, I was also sure he did beat them but I think what he meant is that he never beat them in the finals with his Man U team :p victory in the final is much different than one in knockout stages, friendlies or even league.

LOL I don't know how I missed Madrid :p but yes they are also favs.

Well they can be rumours or they can't be we all will find out in a few years maybe :p It would be great to see CR7 back with Man U, personally I thought he should have stayed with them from the start. Ronaldo is about money, no offense to his team as majority of the players are but will see soon enought what CR7 does with his career, I think he may leave Madrid this year if no success or even next year.

Eto'o is amazing can't believe Barcelona let him go for Ibra, they let Eto'o go and they lost to Inter and never captured the UEFA CL, if Eto'o was there story could have been different. Even Messi told, Pep not to sell Eto'o but Pep had to do what he thought would have been good. They will soon enough need someone to take over for Villa.

Now time for my lecture/analysis/thoughts/opinions on last night and todays games :p

Barcelona/Milan

Well this game was a little entertaining but at the same time not quiet at the level we'd expect it to be. I agree with one of the peoples comments in this thread regrading Barcelona they start off every game in the first 5-10 mins, not as themselves, it's happened in all the Madrid games where you see Madrid on a full out attack and even in the final VS Man U. Their just like that I guess, but today it cost them with Pato wonderful goal and it was the 5th fast goal scored in a CL game. When I saw Sergio B and Mascherano as central defence I was like, "wtf?", than I saw Keita instead of Sergio B or even Cesc being there. I had a feeling things wouldn't turn out too good. Barcelona should have put Abidal in CB with Mascherano instead and put Sergio B in as either LB or swapped with Keita. Mascherano isn't my fav but he has some talent but lacks in height and his strength is decent but will have a problem when facing bigger oppenonts, Sergio B lacks in speed and strength IMO. The one thing for sure is Barcelona defense wasn't at it's best, Milan should have taken this game by at least a goal. We will just wait and see there next few CL games till the collide again, so will see if there is any changes in there style and game,next time. In Barcelona and Milan's case lucky for them everyone had a draw, not that it would have been a problem :p

Arsenal/Dortmund

This game was also quiet good but also some what boring. I thought Dortmund had this wrapped up but Wenger side fought and kept themselves still alive and hope for CL. I think Arsenal should finish around at least second, if not first, but will have problem in knock out stages, lets hope they don't get Barcelona again :p

Chelsea/Bayer

I just saw Chelsea line and wow, never thought how rigged there team is LOL old but still have plenty of talent there. Torres set up both goals, still has only scored about 2 goals in 1000+ mins but at least Mata is on fire, they should cruise by there group games.

FC Porto/Shaktar

Another great game was shocked to see Hulk (Porto) miss the PK his side got, after that miss, Shaktar opened the scoring. Shaktar is one tough club, notice them last year during the CL campaign especially against Barcelona, I remember last year they lost there first game VS Arsenal 6 or 7 - 0. Shaktar as some great young talents and so does Porto will be a great fight between them in the group. Hulk from Porto is one guy I admire, I believe he needs to move to somewhere in Serie A, La Liga, EPL, or even Germany, this guys is a great striker and can be a big help to some heavyweight clubs.

Inter/Trabzonspor

How'd they lose? Can't believe Inter opens this CL group by losing most likely will end up like last year second place? may get first, won't be a shock with they finish third of forth. It sucks for them that Forlan cannot play until Jan. or Feb. if I'm not mistaken.

Bayern/Villarreal

Another pretty good game, I'd expect more from this Bayern side but they walked away with a win and Villarreal showed some fighting spirit. Gossi should have moved to Serie A side IMO, will be gone next year for sure. I know Bayern will get first in this group, second place is still up for grab IMO.

Man City/Napoli

Man City dominated possession wise but I'd say Napoli was much more fierce/deadly when it came to getting chances. This game ended in a draw, like most games. I can't believe Man City wanted to buy Cavani for 15 million, he is much more than that at least 25-30 million and now they know why :p He's been playing well in the last few years not only club wise but national also. David Silva was impressed me a lot in the past few years, his partnership with Nasri, Aguero will reach new Silva IMO will be the possible replacement for Inesita national wise. Mancini pretty much told Barcelona and Madrid that he was shocked they never tried getting him, I mean now he opened the door for both them, I bet next year one of them will bid for him and Silva will join, Madrid maybe I see him mostly with Barcelona bring back Silva-Villa days :p just an opinion Silva/Cesc next Inesita/Xavi, maybe? maybe not. In all congratsto both sides and players scoring there first CL goal lol walked away with a tie game

Man U/Benfica

I told you Escorpiius ;) Benfica will be a problem for Man U on this group. I know Man U can brush them off easily, but they showed a fighting team, today. The two favs for their group. Giggs is, "Still the oldest man to score in CL." Great game and ManU will most likely thrash Benfica next game, at least my opinion.

Madrid/Dinamo

I have to give respect to Kelava, Dinamo GK, played outstanding against Madrid. If he keeps this up soon europes heavywieghts will gun for him, as most teams GK are getting old (ManU and Bayern are fine atm). So, did anyone catch Mercelo's dive? Of course he got his second yellow and than a red :p Madrid is the side that complains about Barcelona diving :p I know you like this Escorpiius lol ;) We've been over this a million times and wrote frigging articles regrading this but will stick with the VRP opinion :) Mercelo dive was just a sad thing to do against a team like Dimano. However I bet Mourinho and Madrid aren't only upset with him but also the result they won but still performed not too good or maybe it was just the GK.

The next fixture that will be entertaining is Man City VS Bayern, I will pick Bayern in this game most goals be scored 4 and least 1, Man City will score 1 or 2 maybe but I think Bayern will still get the victory unless we see a whole new Man City side.

PS: This thread should be sticky

Last edited:

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I probably wasn't that clear on this. I meant SAF, in a interview after the final last season said he has never beaten Barcelona. That's why I was making sure, I was also sure he did beat them but I think what he meant is that he never beat them in the finals with his Man U team :p victory in the final is much different than one in knockout stages, friendlies or even league.

LOL I don't know how I missed Madrid :p but yes they are also favs.

Well they can be rumours or they can't be we all will find out in a few years maybe :p It would be great to see CR7 back with Man U, personally I thought he should have stayed with them from the start. Ronaldo is about money, no offense to his team as majority of the players are but will see soon enought what CR7 does with his career, I think he may leave Madrid this year if no success or even next year.

Eto'o is amazing can't believe Barcelona let him go for Ibra, they let Eto'o go and they lost to Inter and never captured the UEFA CL, if Eto'o was there story could have been different. Even Messi told, Pep not to sell Eto'o but Pep had to do what he thought would have been good. They will soon enough need someone to take over for Villa.

Now time for my lecture/analysis/thoughts/opinions on last night and todays games :p

Barcelona/Milan

Well this game was a little entertaining but at the same time not quiet at the level we'd expect it to be. I agree with one of the peoples comments in this thread regrading Barcelona they start off every game in the first 5-10 mins, not as themselves, it's happened in all the Madrid games where you see Madrid on a full out attack and even in the final VS Man U. Their just like that I guess, but today it cost them with Pato wonderful goal and it was the 5th fast goal scored in a CL game. When I saw Sergio B and Mascherano as central defence I was like, "wtf?", than I saw Keita instead of Sergio B or even Cesc being there. I had a feeling things wouldn't turn out too good. Barcelona should have put Abidal in CB with Mascherano instead and put Sergio B in as either LB or swapped with Keita. Mascherano isn't my fav but he has some talent but lacks in height and his strength is decent but will have a problem when facing bigger oppenonts, Sergio B lacks in speed and strength IMO. The one thing for sure is Barcelona defense wasn't at it's best, Milan should have taken this game by at least a goal. We will just wait and see there next few CL games till the collide again, so will see if there is any changes in there style and game,next time. In Barcelona and Milan's case lucky for them everyone had a draw, not that it would have been a problem :p

Arsenal/Dortmund

This game was also quiet good but also some what boring. I thought Dortmund had this wrapped up but Wenger side fought and kept themselves still alive and hope for CL. I think Arsenal should finish around at least second, if not first, but will have problem in knock out stages, lets hope they don't get Barcelona again :p

Chelsea/Bayer

I just saw Chelsea line and wow, never thought how rigged there team is LOL old but still have plenty of talent there. Torres set up both goals, still has only scored about 2 goals in 1000+ mins but at least Mata is on fire, they should cruise by there group games.

FC Porto/Shaktar

Another great game was shocked to see Hulk (Porto) miss the PK his side got, after that miss, Shaktar opened the scoring. Shaktar is one tough club, notice them last year during the CL campaign especially against Barcelona, I remember last year they lost there first game VS Arsenal 6 or 7 - 0. Shaktar as some great young talents and so does Porto will be a great fight between them in the group. Hulk from Porto is one guy I admire, I believe he needs to move to somewhere in Serie A, La Liga, EPL, or even Germany, this guys is a great striker and can be a big help to some heavyweight clubs.

Inter/Trabzonspor

How'd they lose? Can't believe Inter opens this CL group by losing most likely will end up like last year second place? may get first, won't be a shock with they finish third of forth. It sucks for them that Forlan cannot play until Jan. or Feb. if I'm not mistaken.

Bayern/Villarreal

Another pretty good game, I'd expect more from this Bayern side but they walked away with a win and Villarreal showed some fighting spirit. Gossi should have moved to Serie A side IMO, will be gone next year for sure. I know Bayern will get first in this group, second place is still up for grab IMO.

Man City/Napoli

Man City dominated possession wise but I'd say Napoli was much more fierce/deadly when it came to getting chances. This game ended in a draw, like most games. I can't believe Man City wanted to buy Cavani for 15 million, he is much more than that at least 25-30 million and now they know why :p He's been playing well in the last few years not only club wise but national also. David Silva was impressed me a lot in the past few years, his partnership with Nasri, Aguero will reach new Silva IMO will be the possible replacement for Inesita national wise. Mancini pretty much told Barcelona and Madrid that he was shocked they never tried getting him, I mean now he opened the door for both them, I bet next year one of them will bid for him and Silva will join, Madrid maybe I see him mostly with Barcelona bring back Silva-Villa days :p just an opinion Silva/Cesc next Inesita/Xavi, maybe? maybe not. In all congratsto both sides and players scoring there first CL goal lol walked away with a tie game

Man U/Benfica

I told you Escorpiius ;) Benfica will be a problem for Man U on this group. I know Man U can brush them off easily, but they showed a fighting team, today. The two favs for their group. Giggs is, "Still the oldest man to score in CL." Great game and ManU will most likely thrash Benfica next game, at least my opinion.

Madrid/Dinamo

I have to give respect to Kelava, Dinamo GK, played outstanding against Madrid. If he keeps this up soon europes heavywieghts will gun for him, as most teams GK are getting old (ManU and Bayern are fine atm). So, did anyone catch Mercelo's dive? Of course he got his second yellow and than a red :p Madrid is the side that complains about Barcelona diving :p I know you like this Escorpiius lol ;) We've been over this a million times and wrote frigging articles regrading this but will stick with the VRP opinion :) Mercelo dive was just a sad thing to do against a team like Dimano. However I bet Mourinho and Madrid aren't only upset with him but also the result they won but still performed not too good or maybe it was just the GK.

The next fixture that will be entertaining is Man City VS Bayern, I will pick Bayern in this game most goals be scored 4 and least 1, Man City will score 1 or 2 maybe but I think Bayern will still get the victory unless we see a whole new Man City side.

PS: This thread should be sticky
Anyways, we played only two finals - it isn't like SAF is cursed against Barca in final. It will change or atleast I hope so.

Well, Ronaldo is about money but the guy got a heart for this sport also. It was his dream to go and play for Madrid since child, so I think his move to Real is more something of personal achievement also apart from money and glory. Anyways, Ronaldo is young still, so we can't really dicuss and predict where he'll end when he'll be nearing retirement.

I always said that the Eto'o move was something unnecessary for Barca to do. I always appreciated Ibra frankly for his techniques but he's no more the killer-player that he was anymore to me. 3-4 years ago, I think Rooney and him were the two most dangerous strikers in the world but that's something really far now (well, still real for Rooney nevertheless).

Well, I already said everything for the Barca-Milan match and well, Guradiola is really trying to like create an-all-out offense team more and more with even central defenders being dangerous net finishers. Risky but well, we'll see more as time goes. It could be suicidal against a high offense team such as Madrid though.

Well, I think Arsenal efficiency and experience help them in this match. I think it was the most high-paced match in both day matches courtesy mostly due to the rapid counters and attacks by both teams.

Were you tickling me about Torres's "talks" when you're telling me that Chelsea's team is old :p Anyways, Chelsea is a solid team with much coherence since mostly every palyers have been playing with each other since quite long and that's what really helping them in CL and in this match particularly where patience paid off. Let's see what they do against ManU this Sunday. Not to forget that they mostly had every of their starters on the field unlike United. Mata is their best players right now and I see that the 2 wing-backs (A.Cole and Bosingwa) are bringing 10 times much more in attack than what the central midfield is doing.

Hulk in fact put 2 balls on the post (one on PK) Then Shakhtar got the lead and Hulk got the 3rrd one right. That's the resume of this match.
Moral: Seize your chance when you can!

How'd they lose? Well, that's the best question about Inter frankly. Forlan is not allowed to play until group stages are over. By the way they played, they better improve or Forlan will see this year's CL on from the bench or TV only.

Didn't even got the chance to see highlights of the Bayern Match, so let it be.

Man City will get it right slowly but it was not a bad start though I expected them to clinch a win. About Silva, don't be too greedy lol :p

Okay, about the ManU match. First, with their starting line, it was clear the Chelsea match was more important. Valencia, Fletcher and Fabio were all 3 returning from injury and it was the first match for Lindegaard. Moreover, Rooney, being lone striker, I didn't expect sparkles thus, since Rooney is best when he's between midfield and attack. Anyways, ManU's first half was catastrophic and frankly, the Giggs goal was too damn lucky. they were better from 50-70th minute but afterwards, they mostly told themselves that a draw will suffice since Benfica is their main danger. It is far from a bad point for ManU and Benfica but it was bad play from ManU. Benfica played well but nothing great frankly. They deserved a win more than ManU in this match though.

I didn't got the chance to see this one either well. I saw the 1st half highlights on TV when it was half-time during the ManU match and when ManU's match finished, I zapped into the Madrid match where I saw them desperately clinching their 1-. lead, with a Ronaldo limping and walking on the last minutes. If they were at 10, I understand part of it better then. Anyways, we really don't want to start off the diving debate again, I think. The issue will be back with the next classico anyways.

Also, I'll see if I can get this stickied.

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I'll put aside your discussion and put a question to you. Who do you guys think should be Man Utd's goalkeeper. I mean, so far De Gea has been so-so, one game he plays great, the next he makes some incredibly stupid mistakes, while Lindegaard played great during pre-season and so he did last night against Benefica.

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I'll put aside your discussion and put a question to you. Who do you guys think should be Man Utd's goalkeeper. I mean, so far De Gea has been so-so, one game he plays great, the next he makes some incredibly stupid mistakes, while Lindegaard played great during pre-season and so he did last night against Benefica.
Well, Lindegaard definitely played well yesterday and his performance is rather good. But still, he got no main advantage over De Gea neither. For me, De Gea main problem is his physique. In a rough football such as EPL, you need a strong body to go through the long balls and especially Free-kicks/Corners.

Lindegaard is slightly better in that term over De Gea but it's nothing consequent unfortunately. De Gea's second problem with his knees is getting better by each match, so I guess, it was some kind of trauma rather than physical issue.

De Gea's plus point is that he comes from a rather competitive team and this background of his, is precious. I particularly like his confidence and determination to succeed. He's not arrogant which reinforce further that firm will of his.

It's still early in the season, so Fergie will most likely give both of them so time to play but for now, the increasing graph performance of De Gea and his will to succeed gives him the upper hand.

I think, for now, I prefer De Gea to be No.1 GK but we'll see that perhaps better after analyzing his performance mostly against Chelsea, City and Liverpool particularly. Let's say that this will be his litmus test for him. Whatsoever, neither De Gea nor Lindegaard comes close to Van Der Sar, so we just gotta make it up. Both are young, which works for them.

ReLax -

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Anyways, we played only two finals - it isn't like SAF is cursed against Barca in final. It will change or atleast I hope so.

Well, Ronaldo is about money but the guy got a heart for this sport also. It was his dream to go and play for Madrid since child, so I think his move to Real is more something of personal achievement also apart from money and glory. Anyways, Ronaldo is young still, so we can't really dicuss and predict where he'll end when he'll be nearing retirement.

I always said that the Eto'o move was something unnecessary for Barca to do. I always appreciated Ibra frankly for his techniques but he's no more the killer-player that he was anymore to me. 3-4 years ago, I think Rooney and him were the two most dangerous strikers in the world but that's something really far now (well, still real for Rooney nevertheless).

Well, I already said everything for the Barca-Milan match and well, Guradiola is really trying to like create an-all-out offense team more and more with even central defenders being dangerous net finishers. Risky but well, we'll see more as time goes. It could be suicidal against a high offense team such as Madrid though.

Well, I think Arsenal efficiency and experience help them in this match. I think it was the most high-paced match in both day matches courtesy mostly due to the rapid counters and attacks by both teams.

Were you tickling me about Torres's "talks" when you're telling me that Chelsea's team is old :p Anyways, Chelsea is a solid team with much coherence since mostly every palyers have been playing with each other since quite long and that's what really helping them in CL and in this match particularly where patience paid off. Let's see what they do against ManU this Sunday. Not to forget that they mostly had every of their starters on the field unlike United. Mata is their best players right now and I see that the 2 wing-backs (A.Cole and Bosingwa) are bringing 10 times much more in attack than what the central midfield is doing.

Hulk in fact put 2 balls on the post (one on PK) Then Shakhtar got the lead and Hulk got the 3rrd one right. That's the resume of this match.
Moral: Seize your chance when you can!

How'd they lose? Well, that's the best question about Inter frankly. Forlan is not allowed to play until group stages are over. By the way they played, they better improve or Forlan will see this year's CL on from the bench or TV only.

Didn't even got the chance to see highlights of the Bayern Match, so let it be.

Man City will get it right slowly but it was not a bad start though I expected them to clinch a win. About Silva, don't be too greedy lol :p

Okay, about the ManU match. First, with their starting line, it was clear the Chelsea match was more important. Valencia, Fletcher and Fabio were all 3 returning from injury and it was the first match for Lindegaard. Moreover, Rooney, being lone striker, I didn't expect sparkles thus, since Rooney is best when he's between midfield and attack. Anyways, ManU's first half was catastrophic and frankly, the Giggs goal was too damn lucky. they were better from 50-70th minute but afterwards, they mostly told themselves that a draw will suffice since Benfica is their main danger. It is far from a bad point for ManU and Benfica but it was bad play from ManU. Benfica played well but nothing great frankly. They deserved a win more than ManU in this match though.

I didn't got the chance to see this one either well. I saw the 1st half highlights on TV when it was half-time during the ManU match and when ManU's match finished, I zapped into the Madrid match where I saw them desperately clinching their 1-. lead, with a Ronaldo limping and walking on the last minutes. If they were at 10, I understand part of it better then. Anyways, we really don't want to start off the diving debate again, I think. The issue will be back with the next classico anyways.

Also, I'll see if I can get this stickied.

Yes, not saying he was, but a victory in the final would be great for SAF and ManU.

He does have love for this sport but so do many others. Ronaldo is good at what he does but he's more of the glamour type like Beckham. We will still not rule out the possbility of his return but that would have the likes of Herendez bunched, unless SAF or the next manager decides to change the line but someone from the starting will be bunched. I also wonder how ManU will be without SAF? This maybe his final year or at least one more but he has been with this club for 20+ year, there aren't many who can replace him, only ones I see is Pep and Mou but even than they probably will not leave their clubs, even tho rumours have it Pep may coach ManU in the near future. I still can see a dark future for ManU at least for a little while, when SAF retires.

Eto'o was close to a deal with Man City and Chelsea but choose Russia. Ibra was good in his Ajax/Inter days but ever since than he has been up and down slumps. Rooney had his share of disaster also but he has just picked up and is becoming fierce right now.

As far as Pep's plan of an all out attack is, I'd suggest he uses something like Pique, Puyol, Abidal as defenders, put Alves/Thaigo, Xavi, Cesc, Inesita in midfield, and Messi, Sanchez as wingers with Villa/Pedro as striker or they can also put Messi there. This won't help them much as it will be different and if Puyol/Pique/Abdial are injured they may need to change the style back to original or something else. I agree with them having a slump, in this, Pep gambled twice in the past two games and came out with draws.

I just read Torres, interview. Anyways I didn't mean it in that way but they have an amazing squad just surprised they aren't succeeding or getting the result they should be. Chelsea is one team I'd put with Barcelona, ManU, AC Milan level.

Hulk, is amazing still, truth is many teams fail to seize. In Man City and Napoli game there was at least 3-4 shots the hit off the crossbar.

Poor, Forlan, I hope he can join them or at least Inter if not first, they get second place in group. They may face off against the likes of Barcelona, ManU, AC Milan, and so but its better to make it in knock out stages than not too.

Well Mancini, asked for it actually. Silva was also a ManU target, if they got him, I'd tell you he'd be a force with them sadly tons of players they (ManU) try to get grasp out of there hand but they do make no bodies into somebody (Ronaldo, Hernedez).

I have agreed with that but ManU needs to watch it, if SAF doesn't play his cards right and keeps more focus on EPL than he could have trouble in CL. In EPL many teams are contenders which is ManU concern but if SAF wants to keep this up and rests players, when they face off against big clubs this result could happen many times. ManU can't rest till they are atleast 2-3 games clear of the number 2 which is Man City.

I have a theory/opinion/thought on diving and play acting, which is reasonable and some may disagree with it but it's nessary at times that's all, I'll say till this topic is brought back up.

De Gea is still a kid in the football world (20 yrs old), Lindegaard is 27 and he has more experinece than De Gea. I'm pretty sure this is De Gea second season playing and he has a lot of responsiblitiy playing for a club like ManU. I mean even Van Der Ser, wasn't at his best around 20. There were a lot of doubted of even Pepe Reina but he has done good with Liverpool. De Gea is in the same shoes, he will only get better and stronger. Neuer was SAF first choice only because he wasn't just young (about 24-25), but had more experience thats why De Gea was second choice. I may seem greedy here Escorpiius, but I was hoping for Barcelona to land him (De Gea) :p

De Gea will be number one for ManU, lets hope, he's injury free. As years go on he will be tested and will only improve. If ManU don't get up to the level they desire this season let's hope, many don't put all the blame on De Gea.

I would also like to say De Gea has played great games VS Barcelona, only allowing 4 goals in 2-3 games last season. ;) A. Madrid defence was terrible also.

Last edited:

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, not saying he was, but a victory in the final would be great for SAF and ManU.

He does have love for this sport but so do many others. Ronaldo is good at what he does but he's more of the glamour type like Beckham. We will still not rule out the possbility of his return but that would have the likes of Herendez bunched, unless SAF or the next manager decides to change the line but someone from the starting will be bunched. I also wonder how ManU will be without SAF? This maybe his final year or at least one more but he has been with this club for 20+ year, there aren't many who can replace him, only ones I see is Pep and Mou but even than they probably will not leave their clubs, even tho rumours have it Pep may coach ManU in the near future. I still can see a dark future for ManU at least for a little while, when SAF retires.

Eto'o was close to a deal with Man City and Chelsea but choose Russia. Ibra was good in his Ajax/Inter days but ever since than he has been up and down slumps. Rooney had his share of disaster also but he has just picked up and is becoming fierce right now.

As far as Pep's plan of an all out attack is, I'd suggest he uses something like Pique, Puyol, Abidal as defenders, put Alves/Thaigo, Xavi, Cesc, Inesita in midfield, and Messi, Sanchez as wingers with Villa/Pedro as striker or they can also put Messi there. This won't help them much as it will be different and if Puyol/Pique/Abdial are injured they may need to change the style back to original or something else. I agree with them having a slump, in this, Pep gambled twice in the past two games and came out with draws.

I just read Torres, interview. Anyways I didn't mean it in that way but they have an amazing squad just surprised they aren't succeeding or getting the result they should be. Chelsea is one team I'd put with Barcelona, ManU, AC Milan level.

Hulk, is amazing still, truth is many teams fail to seize. In Man City and Napoli game there was at least 3-4 shots the hit off the crossbar.

Poor, Forlan, I hope he can join them or at least Inter if not first, they get second place in group. They may face off against the likes of Barcelona, ManU, AC Milan, and so but its better to make it in knock out stages than not too.

Well Mancini, asked for it actually. Silva was also a ManU target, if they got him, I'd tell you he'd be a force with them sadly tons of players they (ManU) try to get grasp out of there hand but they do make no bodies into somebody (Ronaldo, Hernedez).

I have agreed with that but ManU needs to watch it, if SAF doesn't play his cards right and keeps more focus on EPL than he could have trouble in CL. In EPL many teams are contenders which is ManU concern but if SAF wants to keep this up and rests players, when they face off against big clubs this result could happen many times. ManU can't rest till they are atleast 2-3 games clear of the number 2 which is Man City.

I have a theory/opinion/thought on diving and play acting, which is reasonable and some may disagree with it but it's nessary at times that's all, I'll say till this topic is brought back up.

De Gea is still a kid in the football world (20 yrs old), Lindegaard is 27 and he has more experinece than De Gea. I'm pretty sure this is De Gea second season playing and he has a lot of responsiblitiy playing for a club like ManU. I mean even Van Der Ser, wasn't at his best around 20. There were a lot of doubted of even Pepe Reina but he has done good with Liverpool. De Gea is in the same shoes, he will only get better and stronger. Neuer was SAF first choice only because he wasn't just young (about 24-25), but had more experience thats why De Gea was second choice. I may seem greedy here Escorpiius, but I was hoping for Barcelona to land him (De Gea) :p

De Gea will be number one for ManU, lets hope, he's injury free. As years go on he will be tested and will only improve. If ManU don't get up to the level they desire this season let's hope, many don't put all the blame on De Gea.

I would also like to say De Gea has played great games VS Barcelona, only allowing 4 goals in 2-3 games last season. ;) A. Madrid defence was terrible also.
He's not really like Beckham. First of all, everyone should know that Beckham was a nobody in terms of marketing at a times with his long dreadlocks. Then, came a rough answer from some interviewer or director that made him challenge everyone and shows to everyone that he can be a fashion icon. Thus came the rebel shaved head look, followed by weds with Posh and everybody knows the rest ;) Anyways, Ronaldo is a tad different since he really is stylish and good-looking naturally and just uses this factor to increase his popularity and bank account. Marketing is an important part (in fact, most important one) to earn cash in football and since Ronaldo is blessed with it, and did not strive like the likes of Becks or Henry, he's pretty much seen as the money guy. It's true but hey, 98% of players seeks money rather than sport and solidarity nowadays, so I don't think Ronaldo, if ever he needs to leave Madrid, will do it because of money. For me, he'll do it due to lack of trophy and passion (though he'll keep alive very well in some way his bank account). That's why I don't see him in MLS but God knows what is reserved for him. If you remember, some very long time ago, there was a key star player for Liverpool - Robbie Fowler. Guess what, last week, he was spotted still playing at 40+ years just for passion at professional level in...a Thailand club. Well, passion for football still exist thus. Not everyone is like Eto'o or Henry.

As for Ferguson, well, each year, I hear the same thing about him retiring soon. Frankly, I think he'll die in Old Trafford and Old Trafford will become his grave. For me, he won't stop coaching United till health prevents him from doing so. So no need for a replacement since maybe he won't stop till 5-10 years and by that time, new prodigy coach will come into the domain surely. If I had to take a replacement for him like now though, I will have taken Mourinho or Martin Atkinson or Guus Hiddink. Perhaps Wenger...

Well, Ibra was good at times only at Inter but always great at Ajax. Did he play for Juventus too or am I mixing some other player...?
Anyways, as for Rooney, well, it was never that disastrous if you ask me. He was fantastic at Everton, then very good at ManU - overshadowed by Ronaldo and Nistelrooy, yes but always good. The when Ronaldo was gone, he was awesome as a finisher. Then he got injured but still after that, even if he dropped form considerably, he gradually was developing his new way of playing more efficiently and that's paying offf big times with this season. So all-in-all, there was some high and ups for Rooney but I never saw either of his downs as a disastrous ones. Luckily, he's not like the likes of Torres/Kaka/Shevshenko/Ballack/Owen.

Pepe's gamble is interesting and I'm really looking at how the graph will be like in after 5-10 match using this formation. For how many time is Pique/Puyol out anyway?

Well, more than the loss of not clinching Senijder/Silva/Bale, I'm mostly sad that we couldn't get Sanchez but anyways, Ashley Young is doing great guns anyways and Sanchez got injured for 8 weeks if I heard, right. Manchester list of making great players is far from stopping with those two - it just keeps extending.

As for United's turn-over in CL due to EPL, well, I can't balme them since they've got to pass their 10 Stages of Hell. Till now, they pass 4 and 3 are them with absolute brio. Let's see how they keep going with the other 6 matches. I did say that we'll get great chances if we can gain 26-28 points in those 10 Matches and in case, we win all, then half the championship will really been gained.

My theory for diving... ect... issue differs a bit like we said. For me, I regard diving/whining/cheating as a bigger disgrace than rough playing/fouls and I know, somewhere it's vice-versa for you.

Please, don't ask De Gea to become like Reina. Right now, Reina is really down and frankly, he can lose his place soon. De Gea's freshness, determination and age definitely plays in his way right now. I prefer Neuer or Stekelenburg too but De Gea is younger and I'm sure, has great potential but the red light on his performance will be constantly on while he's at Manchester. He should make everyone acknowledge his talent in big matches to silence most critics whether he does it with panache like Van Der Sar or with time and patience, Julio Cesar or Victor Valdes. I hope he'll succeed cause ManU needs a good Gk to play on all fronts convincingly.

ReLax -

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He's not really like Beckham. First of all, everyone should know that Beckham was a nobody in terms of marketing at a times with his long dreadlocks. Then, came a rough answer from some interviewer or director that made him challenge everyone and shows to everyone that he can be a fashion icon. Thus came the rebel shaved head look, followed by weds with Posh and everybody knows the rest ;) Anyways, Ronaldo is a tad different since he really is stylish and good-looking naturally and just uses this factor to increase his popularity and bank account. Marketing is an important part (in fact, most important one) to earn cash in football and since Ronaldo is blessed with it, and did not strive like the likes of Becks or Henry, he's pretty much seen as the money guy. It's true but hey, 98% of players seeks money rather than sport and solidarity nowadays, so I don't think Ronaldo, if ever he needs to leave Madrid, will do it because of money. For me, he'll do it due to lack of trophy and passion (though he'll keep alive very well in some way his bank account). That's why I don't see him in MLS but God knows what is reserved for him. If you remember, some very long time ago, there was a key star player for Liverpool - Robbie Fowler. Guess what, last week, he was spotted still playing at 40+ years just for passion at professional level in...a Thailand club. Well, passion for football still exist thus. Not everyone is like Eto'o or Henry.

As for Ferguson, well, each year, I hear the same thing about him retiring soon. Frankly, I think he'll die in Old Trafford and Old Trafford will become his grave. For me, he won't stop coaching United till health prevents him from doing so. So no need for a replacement since maybe he won't stop till 5-10 years and by that time, new prodigy coach will come into the domain surely. If I had to take a replacement for him like now though, I will have taken Mourinho or Martin Atkinson or Guus Hiddink. Perhaps Wenger...

Well, Ibra was good at times only at Inter but always great at Ajax. Did he play for Juventus too or am I mixing some other player...?
Anyways, as for Rooney, well, it was never that disastrous if you ask me. He was fantastic at Everton, then very good at ManU - overshadowed by Ronaldo and Nistelrooy, yes but always good. The when Ronaldo was gone, he was awesome as a finisher. Then he got injured but still after that, even if he dropped form considerably, he gradually was developing his new way of playing more efficiently and that's paying offf big times with this season. So all-in-all, there was some high and ups for Rooney but I never saw either of his downs as a disastrous ones. Luckily, he's not like the likes of Torres/Kaka/Shevshenko/Ballack/Owen.

Pepe's gamble is interesting and I'm really looking at how the graph will be like in after 5-10 match using this formation. For how many time is Pique/Puyol out anyway?

Well, more than the loss of not clinching Senijder/Silva/Bale, I'm mostly sad that we couldn't get Sanchez but anyways, Ashley Young is doing great guns anyways and Sanchez got injured for 8 weeks if I heard, right. Manchester list of making great players is far from stopping with those two - it just keeps extending.

As for United's turn-over in CL due to EPL, well, I can't balme them since they've got to pass their 10 Stages of Hell. Till now, they pass 4 and 3 are them with absolute brio. Let's see how they keep going with the other 6 matches. I did say that we'll get great chances if we can gain 26-28 points in those 10 Matches and in case, we win all, then half the championship will really been gained.

My theory for diving... ect... issue differs a bit like we said. For me, I regard diving/whining/cheating as a bigger disgrace than rough playing/fouls and I know, somewhere it's vice-versa for you.

Please, don't ask De Gea to become like Reina. Right now, Reina is really down and frankly, he can lose his place soon. De Gea's freshness, determination and age definitely plays in his way right now. I prefer Neuer or Stekelenburg too but De Gea is younger and I'm sure, has great potential but the red light on his performance will be constantly on while he's at Manchester. He should make everyone acknowledge his talent in big matches to silence most critics whether he does it with panache like Van Der Sar or with time and patience, Julio Cesar or Victor Valdes. I hope he'll succeed cause ManU needs a good Gk to play on all fronts convincingly.
Agreed. I meant Ronaldo was like Beckham fame wise, wasn't comparing there football style. I personally wasn't a fan of Beckham.

As SAF, I think he will eventually leave maybe 2-3 years the most. I know he wants to continue coaching, but will have to stop soon. Well, manager wise, I don't think anyone can take SAF position. He has been at the club to too damn long. I loved his interview last year after defeat VS Barcelona

Reporter: If ManU gave you a blank cheque and allowed you to sign any player from Barcelona who would you sign?

SAF: *blank look* that is the stupidest question, I've heard.
SAF: Mascherano...

LOL Epic, but we all know it'd be Messi.

Yes, Ibra was with Juve also, I think he is the only player to win the league with all 5 teams, he has been with. Yeah, I don't know what Rooney is on but he's doing well right now, I hope for his case and ManU he keeps this up.

Pique? Not sure, I didn't even know he was injured till last game, but I don't think its too long. Puyol can come back, but he needs timer to get back in so will be benched for a few games or may even come on depending on training.

Sanchez is great, his personality and style of play is quiet impressive. We lost Ozil to Madrid last year because of chasing Cesc but thank god this year we didn't lose Sanchez to ManU :p

Yes, they have some compepetive games coming up in EPL league. I like EPL because they have many dominate teams, what Spain (Barcelona, Madrid) and Italy (AC Milan, Inter, Juve) lack.

Slightly, I don't like diving or play acting but at times in order to get attention of a ref and to punish someone who has been rough housing a lot it is necessary for that, which I believe. The thing is refs get blamed for not making right calls or making right calls, they get in trouble for not seeing things or even seeing things lol. 2 words....Video Replay.

I wasn't trying to compare De Gea with Pepe Reina. All I said was Reina in the start was criticized but he ended up doing good for Liverpool, past few years he has been off his game. De Gea will succeed Reina and even Casillas in a couple of years. He still has a way to go tho, We will see how he does up VS elites.

PS: Carvalho has been suspended for a year (Only Portugal national team) for walking out in practice.

- Barcelona are monitoring Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, who is also on Real Madrid's radar, as well as Chelsea defender David Luiz, according to Caughtoffside.com.

- Inter Milan and Juventus have joined AC Milan in showing interest in signing Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, according to talkSPORT.

Rumours but interesting.

An honest interview lets hope, it doesn't end up being true.

Last edited: