Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What is your interpretation of it? And why?

Also, what unique uses does this technique have that it doesn't state within the tech.
I assume you're asking what my interpretation is of the question I had asked, on whether or not the technique can be used on the user themselves. In which case, I would imagine that it ordinarily wouldn't be used on the user themselves based on the fact that it explicitly says that you infuse "others" or that it targets allies with yang energy in both methods of use; direct touch and proximity based. So I'm inclined to think that it isn't intended to be used on yourself, instead focused as an augmentation of any allies within range to you.

Something I might call unique to this technique ties into the above commentary as well. While this technique does not seem to include the user as the one who might be able to benefit from its usage, it also does not rule out what "allies" classify as for who can be targeted with this technique, which leads me to believe that any clones and even summonings could potentially be infused with the effects of this ability.

As an alternative unique usage, I can imagine there is a lot of unexpected benefits that one might find in having things like "additional arms" that doesn't just amount to the +20 damage to Taijutsu techniques. Like, for example, the capacity to hold multiple weapons at once, or to perform hand seals in logical ways that might not ordinarily be possible if, say, the original two of the user's hands were taken up by doing something else.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I assume you're asking what my interpretation is of the question I had asked, on whether or not the technique can be used on the user themselves. In which case, I would imagine that it ordinarily wouldn't be used on the user themselves based on the fact that it explicitly says that you infuse "others" or that it targets allies with yang energy in both methods of use; direct touch and proximity based. So I'm inclined to think that it isn't intended to be used on yourself, instead focused as an augmentation of any allies within range to you.

Something I might call unique to this technique ties into the above commentary as well. While this technique does not seem to include the user as the one who might be able to benefit from its usage, it also does not rule out what "allies" classify as for who can be targeted with this technique, which leads me to believe that any clones and even summonings could potentially be infused with the effects of this ability.

As an alternative unique usage, I can imagine there is a lot of unexpected benefits that one might find in having things like "additional arms" that doesn't just amount to the +20 damage to Taijutsu techniques. Like, for example, the capacity to hold multiple weapons at once, or to perform hand seals in logical ways that might not ordinarily be possible if, say, the original two of the user's hands were taken up by doing something else.

( Yoton: Jigoku no Enjin ) - Yang Release: Ring of Hell
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 80 for touch based version/100 for ranged version
Damage: N/A
Description: By channeling copious amounts of Yang energy, the user is able to infuse others with this, temporarily enhancing their physical attributes. This is achieved in two ways, either by direct touch or proximity. The first is more limited to a single person but has greater benefits; those channeled directly into will be able to reduce 35 damage from physical contact and gain physical alterations to their body that the Yang energy 'breathes' into life, such as twice the height or width of their body, additional arms or legs, etc as long as within reason and used solely for physical purposes. Should the user use the alternative release, then he is able to release Yang energy from his body up to Long range away, affecting all allies in the range. This variant allows the user to augment all allies with the same type of changes, ranging from all gaining wings to more. These changes only last a limited time, however; after 3 turns pass, the grown appendages or changes fall and revert back to normal. Depending on the alteration, one of a few benefits might be obtained.
Note: If additional arms, stronger arms or alterations related to the arm are made, then the target will gain an additional +20 to Taijutsu. If the changes target the head, the user is able to grant a 2x tracking. If leg based alterations are made, then the target will gain either +4 levels to his base speed or +20 damage to leg based tai. If changes target the torso, then an universal durability boost of B rank Ninjutsu immunity is obtained and if wings or similar is created, then the user is able to fly at thrice their speed.
Note: The damage and speed boosts are considered Passive and Base Speed increases. The values listed in the techniques are if the touch based variant is used. If the ranged variant is used, then these benefits are reduced by gained on a lesser scale ( +15 to Tai instead of +20, +2 Speed Levels, 1.5x Tracking, or -15 from all physical clashes).
Note: Touch based variant can only affect up to two people per event. Ranged variant creates a wave of Yang energy that affects up to 3 allies and lasts up to 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used three times in total.

Note that the touch one says "Two people" meaning it can't be summons etc. But the ranged version says three allies, if you're getting specific with the wording.

Though think of the levels of chakra what can this help with? When you infuse that much chakra into someone?

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Yoton: Jigoku no Enjin ) - Yang Release: Ring of Hell
Chakra: 80 for touch based version/100 for ranged version
Damage: N/A
Description: By channeling copious amounts of Yang energy, the user is able to infuse others with this, temporarily enhancing their physical attributes. This is achieved in two ways, either by direct touch or proximity. The first is more limited to a single person but has greater benefits; those channeled directly into will be able to reduce 35 damage from physical contact and gain physical alterations to their body that the Yang energy 'breathes' into life, such as twice the height or width of their body, additional arms or legs, etc as long as within reason and used solely for physical purposes. Should the user use the alternative release, then he is able to release Yang energy from his body up to Long range away, affecting all allies in the range. This variant allows the user to augment all allies with the same type of changes, ranging from all gaining wings to more. These changes only last a limited time, however; after 3 turns pass, the grown appendages or changes fall and revert back to normal. Depending on the alteration, one of a few benefits might be obtained.
Note: If additional arms, stronger arms or alterations related to the arm are made, then the target will gain an additional +20 to Taijutsu. If the changes target the head, the user is able to grant a 2x tracking. If leg based alterations are made, then the target will gain either +4 levels to his base speed or +20 damage to leg based tai. If changes target the torso, then an universal durability boost of B rank Ninjutsu immunity is obtained and if wings or similar is created, then the user is able to fly at thrice their speed.
Note: The damage and speed boosts are considered Passive and Base Speed increases. The values listed in the techniques are if the touch based variant is used. If the ranged variant is used, then these benefits are reduced by gained on a lesser scale ( +15 to Tai instead of +20, +2 Speed Levels, 1.5x Tracking, or -15 from all physical clashes).
Note: Touch based variant can only affect up to two people per event. Ranged variant creates a wave of Yang energy that affects up to 3 allies and lasts up to 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used three times in total.

Note that the touch one says "Two people" meaning it can't be summons etc. But the ranged version says three allies, if you're getting specific with the wording.

Though think of the levels of chakra what can this help with? When you infuse that much chakra into someone?
Are you implying summons are not people too? The audacity...

That's a fair point. And with the injection of that much chakra into the user's body/system, would it not double as a form of body surge wherein it flushes the user of all foreign chakra in cases of things like Genjutsu?

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are you implying summons are not people too? The audacity...

That's a fair point. And with the injection of that much chakra into the user's body/system, would it not double as a form of body surge wherein it flushes the user of all foreign chakra in cases of things like Genjutsu?
Exactly that. Just are more than their surface level.

Does this count as a state active in combat?

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Exactly that. Just are more than their surface level.

Does this count as a state active in combat?
I'm inclined to say no because it doesn't require chakra per turn to sustain it, but if I'm going to be completely honest, I've always been marginally confused as to what a state is when referring to something that differentiates to say, a mode for example, or something that explicitly calls itself a state like Yang State, for example.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm inclined to say no because it doesn't require chakra per turn to sustain it, but if I'm going to be completely honest, I've always been marginally confused as to what a state is when referring to something that differentiates to say, a mode for example, or something that explicitly calls itself a state like Yang State, for example.
The word "mode", specifically refers to those listed in the rp rules (Can be seen in the quick access thread). These are Modes.

A state, is anything that increases 2 or more stats for multiple turns. So speed and damage, or Tracking and Speed. All modes (sage mode, Dokkodo, AF, Gates etc) are States. Though not all states are modes. For example, power of the sun increases multiple stats, it's a state. Though it's not a mode as it's not listed as a mode in the RP rules.

The only person who can have two states active at once is Naruto in the rp.

So with that in mind, do you feel applying Ring of Hell to an ally, puts them in a state?

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
W
The word "mode", specifically refers to those listed in the rp rules (Can be seen in the quick access thread). These are Modes.

A state, is anything that increases 2 or more stats for multiple turns. So speed and damage, or Tracking and Speed. All modes (sage mode, Dokkodo, AF, Gates etc) are States. Though not all states are modes. For example, power of the sun increases multiple stats, it's a state. Though it's not a mode as it's not listed as a mode in the RP rules.

The only person who can have two states active at once is Naruto in the rp.

So with that in mind, do you feel applying Ring of Hell to an ally, puts them in a state?
That's good to know, thank you for clarifying.

With that said, I'm inclined to believe it does put an ally into a state as it applies damage reduction by 35 or 15 to all physical damage depending on if it was touch or proximity this was used as (1 stat increase) and then any varying bodily changes that are made which come with a dependent stat increase based on what changes, such as increases to taijutsu damage with stronger/more arms, speed boosts with legs or the ability to fly with wings, etc (2 stats increased).

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
W

That's good to know, thank you for clarifying.

With that said, I'm inclined to believe it does put an ally into a state as it applies damage reduction by 35 or 15 to all physical damage depending on if it was touch or proximity this was used as (1 stat increase) and then any varying bodily changes that are made which come with a dependent stat increase based on what changes, such as increases to taijutsu damage with stronger/more arms, speed boosts with legs or the ability to fly with wings, etc (2 stats increased).
It would indeed be a state. Up next we are going to start looking at debuffing an opponent through yang release:
( Yoton: Byako ) - Yang Release: White Tiger
Chakra cost: 70 (-40 per turn)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user gathers Yang energy into his arms and hands, creating pseudo sentient white tiger heads. Due to the Yang energy, the arms become incredibly hot, causing steam emanate from them. The tiger heads roar when the user attacks and releases the dense steam as a result. In spite of the menacing appearance of the tigers, the strikes do not cause bone crushing or outwardly physical harm. Each strike onto the target causes a massive release of yang chakra into the body, which causes an imbalance of Yang energy. The imbalance results in the target's inability to mold chakra sufficiently for techniques. A single strike from this technique is all that is required to imbalance one's chakra. Targets afflicted by this imbalance become incapable of using techniques unless they spend 3x the amount chakra ordinarily required. However, excessive amounts of chakra from this technique (one turn of contact or a total of 4 completed strikes) results in a more degrading consequence. The incoming chakra becomes so great that it literally begins to burn away the victim's Yin Release chakra in order to make room until the ratio of Yin is at its minimum level required for the victim to remain alive. This reduces the victim's chakra pool by 50% as well as cause their body such tremendous physical pain due to the excess physical energy in their body. Their muscles begin to tear resulting in their movement speed being reduced by 1/4th. Other Yang Release users and Yin-Yang users are capable of controlling the excess amounts of Yang release energy due to their training and thus, will not lose any speed and will only lose 25% of their chakra. Senjutsu surges of equivalent chakra or infusions of those ranks will negate the side effects of this Jutsu, allowing it to be ended prematurely. Should two or more strikes land, the amount of chakra needed to break it will increase likewise, requiring 20 more chakr.
Note: One strike prevents the use of techniques S-rank and above and requires 3x the normal cost for techniques A-rank and below. Yin-Yang Release users can use S-rank at 3x the cost due to their elevated control. The use of Yin Release and genjutsu above A-rank becomes impossible after 2 strikes. All matter of genjutsu becomes unusable after 4 strikes.
Note: The technique ends when the user calls for it or after they've made 4 successive strikes, whichever comes first. While the jutsu is active, the user cannot use Yin Release or non-elemental ninjutsu.
Note: Usable twice per battle and with a 4 turn cool down.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It would indeed be a state. Up next we are going to start looking at debuffing an opponent through yang release:
Description: The user gathers Yang energy into his arms and hands, creating pseudo sentient white tiger heads. Due to the Yang energy, the arms become incredibly hot, causing steam emanate from them. The tiger heads roar when the user attacks and releases the dense steam as a result. In spite of the menacing appearance of the tigers, the strikes do not cause bone crushing or outwardly physical harm. Each strike onto the target causes a massive release of yang chakra into the body, which causes an imbalance of Yang energy. The imbalance results in the target's inability to mold chakra sufficiently for techniques. A single strike from this technique is all that is required to imbalance one's chakra. Targets afflicted by this imbalance become incapable of using techniques unless they spend 3x the amount chakra ordinarily required. However, excessive amounts of chakra from this technique (one turn of contact or a total of 4 completed strikes) results in a more degrading consequence. The incoming chakra becomes so great that it literally begins to burn away the victim's Yin Release chakra in order to make room until the ratio of Yin is at its minimum level required for the victim to remain alive. This reduces the victim's chakra pool by 50% as well as cause their body such tremendous physical pain due to the excess physical energy in their body. Their muscles begin to tear resulting in their movement speed being reduced by 1/4th. Other Yang Release users and Yin-Yang users are capable of controlling the excess amounts of Yang release energy due to their training and thus, will not lose any speed and will only lose 25% of their chakra. Senjutsu surges of equivalent chakra or infusions of those ranks will negate the side effects of this Jutsu, allowing it to be ended prematurely. Should two or more strikes land, the amount of chakra needed to break it will increase likewise, requiring 20 more chakr.
Note: One strike prevents the use of techniques S-rank and above and requires 3x the normal cost for techniques A-rank and below. Yin-Yang Release users can use S-rank at 3x the cost due to their elevated control. The use of Yin Release and genjutsu above A-rank becomes impossible after 2 strikes. All matter of genjutsu becomes unusable after 4 strikes.
Note: The technique ends when the user calls for it or after they've made 4 successive strikes, whichever comes first. While the jutsu is active, the user cannot use Yin Release or non-elemental ninjutsu.
Sorry for the delayed response.

This technique seems quite interesting, but if I'm being honest, it seems kind of unlikely to have a huge amount of success in taking effect in most situations I can think of. Right out of the gate, the technique describes itself as the "pseudo sentient white tiger heads roaring when the user attacks," which is about as helpful in making a successful attack as the stereotypical anime move of shouting from behind when attacking someone. But while that seems like a nitpicky issue, we move on to discover it causes no physical harm, and instead is only intended to disrupt and cause imbalance in the target's chakra system, or more specifically the balance between their Yin and Yang energies, which at face value, if multiple successful hits are made, reduces their capacity to mold chakra above certain ranks so many times, cuts their chakra pool in half and reduces their movement speed by a quarter. All well and good, up until a lot of those drawbacks are immediately circumvented either entirely or by majority the moment you introduce the fact that the other person has Yang Release, if not Yin-Yang release, which is by and large a majority of the current base. If not subverting them through having Yang or Yin-Yang, then they can completely negate them with Senjutsu surges. So either have Yang or Sage Mode; both of which are wildly prominent in a large swath of the current playerbase.

Then, just to circle back around, the need for the strikes to land for this to have any effect. This is sound reasoning considering the concept of the technique itself, but ultimately most people struggle to land even a single CQC hit without blatant damage superiority to win the encounter, but even then obviously most people are going to avoid contact even once; least of all multiple times for the full potential of this technique to occur. Then on top of which, the user is locked out of Yin Release and non-elemental Ninjutsu completely while this is active, similar to Power of the Sun, so you're even limited in your arsenal of potential combinations you might be able to make in order to help increase your chances of successfully hitting your target.

I have no doubt that it is just simply my lack of experience in fights that I can't adequately imagine how to use this effectively, so if you know of how to do so, I'd very much like to hear about it. Because in summary, this just seems like a very flashy technique that comes prebuilt with a lot of easy counters and ways to negate it.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This technique seems quite interesting, but if I'm being honest, it seems kind of unlikely to have a huge amount of success in taking effect in most situations I can think of. Right out of the gate, the technique describes itself as the "pseudo sentient white tiger heads roaring when the user attacks," which is about as helpful in making a successful attack as the stereotypical anime move of shouting from behind when attacking someone. But while that seems like a nitpicky issue, we move on to discover it causes no physical harm, and instead is only intended to disrupt and cause imbalance in the target's chakra system, or more specifically the balance between their Yin and Yang energies, which at face value, if multiple successful hits are made, reduces their capacity to mold chakra above certain ranks so many times, cuts their chakra pool in half and reduces their movement speed by a quarter. All well and good, up until a lot of those drawbacks are immediately circumvented either entirely or by majority the moment you introduce the fact that the other person has Yang Release, if not Yin-Yang release, which is by and large a majority of the current base. If not subverting them through having Yang or Yin-Yang, then they can completely negate them with Senjutsu surges. So either have Yang or Sage Mode; both of which are wildly prominent in a large swath of the current playerbase.

Then, just to circle back around, the need for the strikes to land for this to have any effect. This is sound reasoning considering the concept of the technique itself, but ultimately most people struggle to land even a single CQC hit without blatant damage superiority to win the encounter, but even then obviously most people are going to avoid contact even once; least of all multiple times for the full potential of this technique to occur. Then on top of which, the user is locked out of Yin Release and non-elemental Ninjutsu completely while this is active, similar to Power of the Sun, so you're even limited in your arsenal of potential combinations you might be able to make in order to help increase your chances of successfully hitting your target.

I have no doubt that it is just simply my lack of experience in fights that I can't adequately imagine how to use this effectively, so if you know of how to do so, I'd very much like to hear about it. Because in summary, this just seems like a very flashy technique that comes prebuilt with a lot of easy counters and ways to negate it.
I want you to try on think of a time when the White Tiger technique could be useful and tell me why. Yes it has it's limits but it has a lot of merits too.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I want you to try on think of a time when the White Tiger technique could be useful and tell me why. Yes it has it's limits but it has a lot of merits too.
Well as I had already described, I'm not all too sure how to go about utilizing this in an effective way, but if I were to try and imagine some scenarios based on my limited understanding, it would be that pairing this ability with just about any technique/fighting style that is known for delivering multiple strikes in rapid succession would be incredibly effective, as each individual strike, regardless if it comes from a single technique, can count toward the efficacy of this ability. Nowhere in this technique does it detail that the CQC attacks that are delivered as a result of this ability must come from freeform or basic taijutsu attacks, only that the strikes from the tiger heads do not exhibit direct physical harm or bone-breaking capability, and that the user while this technique is active cannot utilize Yin Release or non-elemental ninjutsu. As an example toward this idea, if I'm not mistaken, Gentle Fist is classified as a fighting style (or a form of Taijutsu) and not necessarily Ninjutsu, so I believe it wouldn't be impeded by the "non-elemental ninjutsu" stipulation of this technique. With that in mind, given how Gentle Fist techniques by and large generally deal with multi-strike attacks bundled into a single technique usage, it would allow for numerous strikes to be delivered in an effective manner that supersedes most ordinary taijutsu. Even if Gentle Fist does classify as a Ninjutsu though, the train of thought still stands, just the example used isn't necessarily accurate.

As a separate thought, I'm not entirely sure what it means by "pseudo-sentient" when referring to the makeup of the white tiger heads. It doesn't bother to go into further detail of what that entails, which makes me feel like it is either a pointless descriptive, or it has an unbeknownst function, assuming that "pseudo-sentient" can somehow be defined as a broader application to techniques that can be referred to for functioning purposes. To assume they have any form of sentience would imply they are capable of feeling and sensation through perception, or in a more "spiritualistic" sense, have fundamental self-awareness beyond simple inanimacy, which might suggest that they could act as an extension of the user's situational awareness, possibly allowing for a means of perceiving beyond Genjutsu ensnarement on the user through the tiger heads being capable of relaying sensation information to the user that the user might be experiencing differently, maybe aiding in the explanation process toward breaking out of Genjutsu? But I feel like that's a huge leap of faith that, once again, isn't grounded in the description of the technique at all and likely has no such capability.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well as I had already described, I'm not all too sure how to go about utilizing this in an effective way, but if I were to try and imagine some scenarios based on my limited understanding, it would be that pairing this ability with just about any technique/fighting style that is known for delivering multiple strikes in rapid succession would be incredibly effective, as each individual strike, regardless if it comes from a single technique, can count toward the efficacy of this ability. Nowhere in this technique does it detail that the CQC attacks that are delivered as a result of this ability must come from freeform or basic taijutsu attacks, only that the strikes from the tiger heads do not exhibit direct physical harm or bone-breaking capability, and that the user while this technique is active cannot utilize Yin Release or non-elemental ninjutsu. As an example toward this idea, if I'm not mistaken, Gentle Fist is classified as a fighting style (or a form of Taijutsu) and not necessarily Ninjutsu, so I believe it wouldn't be impeded by the "non-elemental ninjutsu" stipulation of this technique. With that in mind, given how Gentle Fist techniques by and large generally deal with multi-strike attacks bundled into a single technique usage, it would allow for numerous strikes to be delivered in an effective manner that supersedes most ordinary taijutsu. Even if Gentle Fist does classify as a Ninjutsu though, the train of thought still stands, just the example used isn't necessarily accurate.

As a separate thought, I'm not entirely sure what it means by "pseudo-sentient" when referring to the makeup of the white tiger heads. It doesn't bother to go into further detail of what that entails, which makes me feel like it is either a pointless descriptive, or it has an unbeknownst function, assuming that "pseudo-sentient" can somehow be defined as a broader application to techniques that can be referred to for functioning purposes. To assume they have any form of sentience would imply they are capable of feeling and sensation through perception, or in a more "spiritualistic" sense, have fundamental self-awareness beyond simple inanimacy, which might suggest that they could act as an extension of the user's situational awareness, possibly allowing for a means of perceiving beyond Genjutsu ensnarement on the user through the tiger heads being capable of relaying sensation information to the user that the user might be experiencing differently, maybe aiding in the explanation process toward breaking out of Genjutsu? But I feel like that's a huge leap of faith that, once again, isn't grounded in the description of the technique at all and likely has no such capability.
Pseudo sentient implies that once created they sustain themselves while draining chakra from you. This allows you to perform other techniques. Not only that, but if you hit yourself with them in some weird way you could argue that they wont hurt you knowing you are the creator.

Tbh, this technique seems most fitted to taijutsu specialists. It's something that really enhances your physical strikes to really weaken your opponent. Now you mention the ways to counter it, I think you're being short sighted there. Just because they can counter with those methods, it means they need to factor that into their counter. They have to base their move around actually undoing the damage you've done.

Factor in the fact you've managed to land this blow, you're up close and clearly applying pressure. You're in close range, delivering taijutsu strikes, which are faster than ninjutsu. At this point you're in control and just limiting them in the process. Not every Yang technique is a "one size fits all" style, same with Yin. You just need to understand where the uses lie.

This is honestly where bio choices matter, be it builds or AP. But I know you're a SB, the fact you can teleport behind someone to try and land this says it all. It can also serve as a nice basis for a lot of customs. I made some myself.

Yes, you can still use gentle fist with this technique active.

They can't be put in genjutsu, they don't have a chakra system etc to affect

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Pseudo sentient implies that once created they sustain themselves while draining chakra from you. This allows you to perform other techniques. Not only that, but if you hit yourself with them in some weird way you could argue that they wont hurt you knowing you are the creator.

Tbh, this technique seems most fitted to taijutsu specialists. It's something that really enhances your physical strikes to really weaken your opponent. Now you mention the ways to counter it, I think you're being short sighted there. Just because they can counter with those methods, it means they need to factor that into their counter. They have to base their move around actually undoing the damage you've done.

Factor in the fact you've managed to land this blow, you're up close and clearly applying pressure. You're in close range, delivering taijutsu strikes, which are faster than ninjutsu. At this point you're in control and just limiting them in the process. Not every Yang technique is a "one size fits all" style, same with Yin. You just need to understand where the uses lie.

This is honestly where bio choices matter, be it builds or AP. But I know you're a SB, the fact you can teleport behind someone to try and land this says it all. It can also serve as a nice basis for a lot of customs. I made some myself.

Yes, you can still use gentle fist with this technique active.

They can't be put in genjutsu, they don't have a chakra system etc to affect
That's fair. With reference to the Genjutsu bit, I wasn't thinking that they -as in the tigers- could or couldn't be put under a Genjutsu, but rather that if you the user is put into one, they could possibly break you free from it, in the "pseudo-sentience" concept encapsulated the notion of a spiritual/mental tether in which makes them capable of communication in some way. But of course with your clarification of what that terminology constitutes within the RP, that'd clearly not be the case, especially since it isn't explicitly detailed in the technique itself either.

Awesome, no further questions then.

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's fair. With reference to the Genjutsu bit, I wasn't thinking that they -as in the tigers- could or couldn't be put under a Genjutsu, but rather that if you the user is put into one, they could possibly break you free from it, in the "pseudo-sentience" concept encapsulated the notion of a spiritual/mental tether in which makes them capable of communication in some way. But of course with your clarification of what that terminology constitutes within the RP, that'd clearly not be the case, especially since it isn't explicitly detailed in the technique itself either.

Awesome, no further questions then.
Glad that helped, anyway, uppppp next:

(Yoton: Yamata no Orochi) Yang Release: 8 Branched Giant Snake
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra Cost: 100/110 for Yin-Yang chakra
Damage: 100/120 w/ Elemental or Yin-Yang chakra
Description: This technique sees the creation of the mythical serpent, the Yamata no Orochi. The user begins by gathering their Yang chakra into their arms and creating three branching streams of white chakra from each of them as well as coating both arms in chakra. The user’s arms and streams of chakra will take the form of serpents with flaming amber eyes. Due to the nature of this technique utilizing one’s Yang chakra, these serpents are not simple manifestations of chakra, but actual sentient creatures. The serpents can sense entities like ordinary snakes and they share a telepathic link to the user, allowing them to communicate with each other. They act like chakra arms and can be used for a variety of purposes. In the base form of this technique, the 8 branches are simple ethereal constructs of sentient Yang chakra. In their second form, users can add nature release to the branches to increase their power, including AE and CE the user knows. In their third and final form, the user can add Yin Release chakra and give the branches physical bodies. The addition of the Yin Release also gives the branches unique venom which drains the physical vitality of the victim. The bite from each snake lowers a victim’s physical speed, reaction, and ability to use high ranked physical techniques.
Note: Form 1 is usable by all users of Yang Release, Form 2 is usable by Yang Release Specialists and Yin-Yang users. Form 3, also known as Yin-Yang Release: Yamata no Orochi is only usable by Yin-Yang Users.
Note: The vitality degenerating venom is capable by all branches of this technique, however there is only enough for 3 usages. The vitality degeneration venom becomes worse with every bite. If a victim is bitten once their base reaction/tracking is reduced by half, twice and their base speed and physical damage is reduced by half, and thrice they will lose the ability to use any form of tai or kenjutsu techniques and will be rendered completely paralyzed 2 turns after the third bite if not healed. The victim will be unable to do anything short of breathing, including using their chakra. Users bitten once also become incapable of using physical elevating techniques such as Sage Mode or EIG.
Note: Medical ninja or other Yang Release users can rid themselves of the poison through means of medical techniques or vitality boosting techniques such as power of the sun.
Note: Technique can only be used once per battle and requires 50 chakra points to maintain (60 above the first form). While this technique is in use, the user cannot use any non-elemental ninjutsu, Yin Release, or Yin-Yang techniques (other than this technique’s advanced variation).

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Glad that helped, anyway, uppppp next:

(Yoton: Yamata no Orochi) Yang Release: 8 Branched Giant Snake
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra Cost: 100/110 for Yin-Yang chakra
Damage: 100/120 w/ Elemental or Yin-Yang chakra
Description: This technique sees the creation of the mythical serpent, the Yamata no Orochi. The user begins by gathering their Yang chakra into their arms and creating three branching streams of white chakra from each of them as well as coating both arms in chakra. The user’s arms and streams of chakra will take the form of serpents with flaming amber eyes. Due to the nature of this technique utilizing one’s Yang chakra, these serpents are not simple manifestations of chakra, but actual sentient creatures. The serpents can sense entities like ordinary snakes and they share a telepathic link to the user, allowing them to communicate with each other. They act like chakra arms and can be used for a variety of purposes. In the base form of this technique, the 8 branches are simple ethereal constructs of sentient Yang chakra. In their second form, users can add nature release to the branches to increase their power, including AE and CE the user knows. In their third and final form, the user can add Yin Release chakra and give the branches physical bodies. The addition of the Yin Release also gives the branches unique venom which drains the physical vitality of the victim. The bite from each snake lowers a victim’s physical speed, reaction, and ability to use high ranked physical techniques.
Note: Form 1 is usable by all users of Yang Release, Form 2 is usable by Yang Release Specialists and Yin-Yang users. Form 3, also known as Yin-Yang Release: Yamata no Orochi is only usable by Yin-Yang Users.
Note: The vitality degenerating venom is capable by all branches of this technique, however there is only enough for 3 usages. The vitality degeneration venom becomes worse with every bite. If a victim is bitten once their base reaction/tracking is reduced by half, twice and their base speed and physical damage is reduced by half, and thrice they will lose the ability to use any form of tai or kenjutsu techniques and will be rendered completely paralyzed 2 turns after the third bite if not healed. The victim will be unable to do anything short of breathing, including using their chakra. Users bitten once also become incapable of using physical elevating techniques such as Sage Mode or EIG.
Note: Medical ninja or other Yang Release users can rid themselves of the poison through means of medical techniques or vitality boosting techniques such as power of the sun.
Note: Technique can only be used once per battle and requires 50 chakra points to maintain (60 above the first form). While this technique is in use, the user cannot use any non-elemental ninjutsu, Yin Release, or Yin-Yang techniques (other than this technique’s advanced variation).
An interesting technique. It seems to follow a lot of similar principles as the previous White Tiger technique, just with a fixed damage variable and of course cosmetically different as well. I imagine a lot of its uses are identical in terms of the "when and where" someone would make use of it, though it's particularly interesting that it takes it a step further by explicitly stating they are fully sentient, capable of sensing "entities" and forming a "telepathic link" with the user, suggesting they are capable of speech/coherent thought. With that said, it brings me back to the curiosity of whether or not this technique could be used to break a user out of a Genjutsu, assuming it is active beforehand, through the snakes being able to more or less identify for you that you are under the influence of an illusion through a process of recognizing you are reacting differently than they are to reality, promoting you to break free of it. Would that be a reasonable thing to assume, or no?

It also states in the notes that all versions of this technique are capable of using the "venom" mechanic of this technique, even though based on the descriptive basis, that is only brought up under the assumption that they have taken their physical form in stage 3 and thus capable of physically imparting venom as a result. With that said, is the only difference then between stages 1-2 and 3 that stage 3 makes them physical instead of phantasmal?

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An interesting technique. It seems to follow a lot of similar principles as the previous White Tiger technique, just with a fixed damage variable and of course cosmetically different as well. I imagine a lot of its uses are identical in terms of the "when and where" someone would make use of it, though it's particularly interesting that it takes it a step further by explicitly stating they are fully sentient, capable of sensing "entities" and forming a "telepathic link" with the user, suggesting they are capable of speech/coherent thought. With that said, it brings me back to the curiosity of whether or not this technique could be used to break a user out of a Genjutsu, assuming it is active beforehand, through the snakes being able to more or less identify for you that you are under the influence of an illusion through a process of recognizing you are reacting differently than they are to reality, promoting you to break free of it. Would that be a reasonable thing to assume, or no?

It also states in the notes that all versions of this technique are capable of using the "venom" mechanic of this technique, even though based on the descriptive basis, that is only brought up under the assumption that they have taken their physical form in stage 3 and thus capable of physically imparting venom as a result. With that said, is the only difference then between stages 1-2 and 3 that stage 3 makes them physical instead of phantasmal?
Sorry for the delay.

The telepathic link would then depend on what you tell the branches and how you get them to react. At the same time to break the illusion, they would have to strike you as they can't just surge chakra into you. With the level of damage these do, are you sure that's something you want to do?

It all comes down to how you write your reply. These are sentient. If in your mind, the illusion sees you bound by chains, but these branches see no chains, they that's your logic for deducing illusions. From there, pick another (safer) way to break the illusion.

"In the base form of this technique, the 8 branches are simple ethereal constructs of sentient Yang chakra. In their second form, users can add nature release to the branches to increase their power, including AE and CE the user knows. In their third and final form, the user can add Yin Release chakra and give the branches physical bodies. "

Form 1: Just Yang sepents,
Form 2: Add elements
Form 3: Give physical bodies and the venom.

Pretty sure they can only use the venom that drops all the stats in their final form and that needs clearing up.