Finally, we can completely understand how Kamui works.

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been baffled by this technique ever since Kakashi first used it against Deidara. How much chakra does it actually take? How quickly can he warp someone or something away with it?

This latest chapter answered both questions.

As shown here, Kakashi states he believes he's accumulated the right amount of chakra to warp away the Gedo Mazo statue:

You must be registered for see images

What does this tell us? Well, obviously, it tells us he can control how much chakra he puts in to his kamui. At this point, he could probably put all his chakra in to it and warp it away instantly, if needed(that, of course, being if kamui actually worked on Gedo Mazo, but that's beside the point here). But he knows 1. Gai, Naruto and Bee are buying him time to warp it away, so he doesn't HAVE to use all of it and 2. If it does fail(which it ultimately did), he'll still have chakra left to keep fighting and 3. Tobi is still there, and is still a danger, Gedo Mazo or not, so now is not a good time to collapse and need to be carried back for medical attention.

Later on in this same chapter, we see him instantly warp away his "raikiri kunai":

Now this isn't as easy a task as it noramlly would be, because he has to put a little extra chakra in to it to warp it away instantly, as he worries about it hitting Naruto. Not much, but still a little extra than what he would likely use on such a small object.

Going back to the point I made earlier about him putting all his chakra in to it to warp something away immediately...during his fight with Deidara, he used the technique while Deidara was in the air flying, and only managed to get his arm. Now, we know at this time, he had issues controlling the area of what he warps(in other words, couldn't aim it properly), but that does not change the speed of which he can warp something away. You're probably wondering "well, when he did have it on Deidara, why didn't he instantly warp it away?". That's explained by the fact that Sakura and Chiyo are by themselves fighting an akatsuki member, and he knows Team Gai is held up, so not only does he have to worry about Deidara, but at that time, he's also worried about getting back to Chiyo and Sakura to assist them. Now, how do I know he could warp something away instantly?

Because it's shown not too long afterwards. As you probably know, Deidara used a clone of himself and decided to blow up and take them all out. We see here that Team Gai is just about to get caught up in this explosion, as Neji notes that it's too late for them to escape:

So how, exactly, do they manage to live? Well, we know that Kakashi warped it away...but what allowed him to do it so quickly? He used practically all the chakra he had left to warp it, which allowed him to warp it instantly. We see here how Kakashi has practically no chakra left after doing so:

Now, you might still be thinking, even after all this proof/evidence "well, Kakashi just got lucky, and managed to get it in time". That statement is later proved wrong. How is that, you ask?

Well, during his fight with Kakuzu, he states if Naruto, Yamato and co. didn't arrive in time, he would have used his mangekyou to warp Kakuzu away:

Some wonder why he's so confident that he could have done it. Well, now we know what he was talking about. It would have took all the chakra he had left, given how much of it he used prior to that, but he could have instantly warped Kakuzu away at that point, thus, ending with him in the hospital bed, just like he comments to Naruto, Sakura and Sai.

Is that STILL not enough proof? Well, there's another instance that proves this to be true, which is during the fight with Sasuke. As we see here, he instantly warped away two Susannoo arrows:

Luckily for Kakashi, he had yet to do anything prior to this in this fight, short of a little taijutsu altercation. However, we still see that him having to warp it instantly drained a good bit of his chakra:

Not too long after this, he comments that he's going to warp Tobi away:

He tells Sakura to watch over his body. Now, why is this? Just before this, he knocked Sasuke away, and was more than confident that he was going to be able to kill him. Well, this is because he's going to use the rest of his chakra to warp Tobi away instantly, leaving no room for escape. He's already seen with Deidara that if he takes his time, it's possible for someone to escape. He doesn't make the same mistake twice.

This also explains how Kakashi is still fighting after using the mangekyou/how he didn't experience the same physical strain as he did after warping the susannoo arrows away, and that is the fact that he can control how much chakra he puts in to the technique(he put the absolute minimum needed to warp the Gedo Mazo's head, as he commented on that), which controls how quickly he's able to warp something away.

This confirms everyone's question..Is Kakashi capable of warping a person away, even if moving?

Yes, he is. He can do it instantly, it would just drain his chakra to the point that it renders him unable to fight for a period of time(or if he's low on chakra, he's hospital bound), and thus, we now know how exactly Kamui works.

Champ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Him warpin away that kunai wasn't impressive , but when he warp away both those Susano'o arrows that was impressive, If Kakashi had alot of Chakra he could warp away any incoming jutsu attack like a fireball or danzo wind attack

Drakengard

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's a good possibility. You might be able to take something out of the DB scan by the way

saaaaaadpanda

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Too much to read :/
^I made it through, but it was a little rough. It's a good analysis, but you should provide a concise summary of points at the end.

I think it's a good possibility. You might be able to take something out of the DB scan by the way
Glad to see people are making use of my databook thread!!!

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^I made it through, but it was a little rough. It's a good analysis, but you should provide a concise summary of points at the end.
Haha, I like to ramble. Just read my TL;DR post, it's the 3rd one.

Glad to see people are making use of my databook thread!!!
I love the thread as well, big props for posting it.

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is a pretty awesome theory, backed up with a lot of evidence from the early chapters of shippuden, to the hidan/Kakuzu Arc and all the way to the most recent chapter

I agree about Kakashi's Kamui capabilites you've brought to light in this thread

But can he warp Kakuzu away whilst he's being added by his 4 black elemental creatures which they themselves are sentient even in the time Kakuzu is being warped meaning they could full on attack him simultaneously which either ends Kamui so he can dodge, ends Kamui due to being hit and Kakuzu losing a limb or a double suicide

What do you think of this ?

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is a pretty awesome theory, backed up with a lot of evidence from the early chapters of shippuden, to the hidan/Kakuzu Arc and all the way to the most recent chapter

I agree about Kakashi's Kamui capabilites you've brought to light in this thread

But can he warp Kakuzu away whilst he's being added by his 4 black elemental creatures which they themselves are sentient even in the time Kakuzu is being warped meaning they could full on attack him simultaneously which either ends Kamui so he can dodge, ends Kamui due to being hit and Kakuzu losing a limb or a double suicide

What do you think of this ?
Kakuzu had the masks back in his body at that point, so that wouldn't have been an issue.

If Kakuzu's masks were outside of his body though? I'm honestly not sure. Would he get hit? It's probable, but I'm not sure if the masks would collapse after the main body is warped away or not. So if Kakashi did it instantly, he might could avoid getting hit by them if it disables the masks as well. If not? He's probably gonna be a dead man.

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kakuzu had the masks back in his body at that point, so that wouldn't have been an issue.

If Kakuzu's masks were outside of his body though? I'm honestly not sure. Would he get hit? It's probable, but I'm not sure if the masks would collapse after the main body is warped away or not. So if Kakashi did it instantly, he might could avoid getting hit by them if it disables the masks as well. If not? He's probably gonna be a dead man.
ah considering that they were in Kakuzu's body and Kakashi's skill level at the time, Kakuzu would probably lose a limb or something similar and regrow/compensate for it with his Earth Grudge Fear Transformation.

But it seems a bit far fetched (though not impossible) that he managed to instantly warp away something of that size considering his stamina and how draining his ocular jutsu is.