Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know, that was the exact score I put in my fantasy betting at first before I did some research and found out they were this close at the Fifa rankings and changed it xD I expected Qatar to be like in the 100s tbh:lok:
That's because the moment they were chosen to organize the WC, they wanted to avoid a humiliation. Their initial plan was to simply recruit players from other countries that have ample professional football players in reserve (like Brazil), but the FIFA put a stop to that. So, they decided to implement a long-term plan by holding massive tournaments for youth players on other continents (especially in Africa) and invite the most promising ones with their families to Qatar to receive education in the Aspire Academy. Hence their climb on the Fifa ranking.

However, I'm questioning how much some of these players feel themselves to be Qatarese and I expect the pressure to be tremendous on them.

Ecuador on the other hand is a South-American team and those are always to be wary of. I mean they pretty much have to play on a yearly basis against teams like Argentina and Brasil and they did preform well in the qualifying round.

Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,767💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
That's because the moment they were chosen to organize the WC, they wanted to avoid a humiliation. Their initial plan was to simply recruit players from other countries that have ample professional football players in reserve (like Brazil), but the FIFA put a stop to that. So, they decided to implement a long-term plan by holding massive tournaments for youth players on other continents (especially in Africa) and invite the most promising ones with their families to Qatar to receive education in the Aspire Academy. Hence their climb on the Fifa ranking.

However, I'm questioning how much some of these players feel themselves to be Qatarese and I expect the pressure to be tremendous on them.

Ecuador on the other hand is a South-American team and those are always to be wary of. I mean they pretty much have to play on a yearly basis against teams like Argentina and Brasil and they did preform well in the qualifying round.
Well true true all that I guess, interesting... Although Qatar did draw 2-2 with Chile this year so they can't be all that bad. Another thing to note is that Qatar beat Ecuador 4-3 in 2018 as in my match preview, so there's that. Either way I think it's going to be close. Go football :foot2::foot:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well true true all that I guess, interesting... Although Qatar did draw 2-2 with Chile this year so they can't be all that bad. Another thing to note is that Qatar beat Ecuador 4-3 in 2018 as in my match preview, so there's that. Either way I think it's going to be close. Go football :foot2::foot:
That's four years and a world-wide pandemic ago. The Ecuadorian team is also one of the youngest participating.

Yagura Yondaime

Veteran
Kin
459💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Any predictions for tomorrow's spicy games?

I'll start with mine if no one else is.
England 1 - 0 Iran
Senegal 1 - 1 Netherlands

USA 1 - 2 Wales (Wales bias due to being from here yanno how it goes)

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I should have sticked to 1-3 I see xD
Figured as much. A WC is still something completely altogether. If you're going to make a team with questionable methods for the sole purpose of performing at the WC you're hosting, the pressure is going to be immense. It seems they buckled.

England 1 - 0 Iran

Me and a few buddies have bet 10€ each on the results of the group stage. For tomorrow I had:

England 2 - 0 Iran
Senegal 0 - 2 The Netherlands
USA 1 - 2 Wales

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Figured as much. A WC is still something completely altogether. If you're going to make a team with questionable methods for the sole purpose of performing at the WC you're hosting, the pressure is going to be immense. It seems they buckled.

Me and a few buddies have bet 10€ each on the results of the group stage. For tomorrow I had:

England 2 - 0 Iran
USA 1 - 2 Wales
I am sticking with you prediction except Senegal game. I see a draw on it. o_O

• Wow

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,767💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status

England 1 - 0 Iran

England 3-0 Iran

Senegal 1-3 Netherlands

Usa 1-1 Wales

England 2 - 0 Iran
USA 1 - 2 Wales
Seems like it indeed, lol.

I'm in a fantasy league with 19 other people with 30Euros each, 600 euros grand-prize 8 )

Yagura Yondaime

Veteran
Kin
459💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

England 2 - 0 Iran
USA 1 - 2 Wales
England 3-0 Iran

Senegal 1-3 Netherlands

Usa 1-1 Wales

Seems like it indeed, lol.

I'm in a fantasy league with 19 other people with 30Euros each, 600 euros grand-prize 8 )
Love the wagers haha thats world cup spirit,

But interesting predictions I feel like you guys are understimitaing Senegal nah? I know dutch are looking decent but still Mane is a problem and he can solo carry a game.

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

But interesting predictions I feel like you guys are understimitaing Senegal nah? I know dutch are looking decent but still Mane is a problem and he can solo carry a game.
Mane is out on injury. So i saw on the news. Hence why i see a draw, they would play defensive rather gain a point than lose it all.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

To be fair I didn't really bother checking all the teams out and how well they did in the qualifying stage, but I indeed don't have much expectations for the African (and Asian teams for that matter) teams. Last WC all the African countries got eliminated in the group stage while only one Asian team made it through. They also tend to be very susceptible to internal drama.

The Netherlands made it to the Final Four of the Nation's League and they are being trained by Louis Van Gaal. That dude is a freaking wizard. Pretty sure he could make a bunch of rocks play football.

Last edited:

Yagura Yondaime

Veteran
Kin
459💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The team still looks decent, it will be wrong to overlook them, beside it's not one man that makes a team
I agree with you, its not one man team but Mane is that guy that inspires his national team, without him they will be lackluster and lack that goal threat too much and struggle.

To be fair I didn't really bother checking all the teams out and how well they did in the qualifying stage, but I indeed don't have much expectations for the African (and Asian teams for that matter) teams. Last WC all the African countries got eliminated in the group stage while only one Asian team made it through. They also tend to be very susceptible to internal drama.

The Netherlands made it to the Final Four of the Nation's League and they are being trained by Louis Van Gaal. That dude is freaking wizard. Pretty sure he could make a bunch of rocks play football.
Spot on with pretty much every single thing you mentioned there. I think the African teams just aren't well balanced, main factor is that most of their players are snatched by Europeans and what not(France for example).

I've haven't watched a lot of international games recently, tend to stick to just premier league these days, but I've seen some results and they do look well gel'd together as a team and Van Gaal is a magician none the less.

Yagura Yondaime

Veteran
Kin
459💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With work and sleep, I missed most of the opening ceremony and the first match completely, but I saw Quatar lose as expected. Watching the replay it went as I thought it would.
I couldn't finish the game ngl, I had to stop watching Qatar looked so lost it was just shocking xd.

Loving the activity in here, keep it up :lok::sigar:
Fudge it, we will hard carry the forum from this thread. :foot: