Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Understood. I like it better this way myself. A separation of the 3 dantian and what they strictly affect makes it everything more clean.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Quick detour based on recent developments. Previously I said and enforced the fact that our techniques outside of Neidan techniques would still be able to be detected by others with heightened senses. This is no longer the case. I played it safe, however, on the account of recent techniques and a discussion with LoK (if I need to get him to confirm it I will), because our chakra in body is unable to be detected by others, externalized in the form of techniques will also be hidden. Our techniques such as the basic elements, raw ninjutsu, etc, will require members to detect through the basic senses alone.

The case where you (or maybe Mudo, I can't remember) used Hiding in Camoflauge, the cloak of chakra masking you would be obscured from chakra sensors, however the sound of your movement, visuals, etc, would be a way to unmask you. This is just to get this out in the open to further outline the scope of our abilities.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By the time the jounin had arrived, Mugetsu was already in practice with the middle dantian and his genius was apparent. The jounin scratched his head and then bowed before the young lord before him.

"Mugetsu-sama, I've come to continue your training. Hayate-sama said you were ready to go over the middle dantian?"

Need you to act like a brat and show the jounin that you're capable of using the upper dantian. So what you're going to do is to cast the B-rank version on him in accordance to how I explained it to Mudo in one of our posts. What I want you to do is to go back to Mudo's training from post onward, ask any questions and then use the external component of the technique on the jounin.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
By the time the jounin had arrived, Mugetsu was already in practice with the middle dantian and his genius was apparent. The jounin scratched his head and then bowed before the young lord before him.

"Mugetsu-sama, I've come to continue your training. Hayate-sama said you were ready to go over the middle dantian?"

Need you to act like a brat and show the jounin that you're capable of using the upper dantian. So what you're going to do is to cast the B-rank version on him in accordance to how I explained it to Mudo in one of our posts. What I want you to do is to go back to Mudo's training from post onward, ask any questions and then use the external component of the technique on the jounin.
Mugetsu leers at the Jounin. Annoyed by his presumption that he wasn't ready for Upper Dantian, Mugetsu casts the Wuji Dao (B-rank, Upper Dantian, External component, 20 chakra cost[10 for subsequent turns]) on the Jounin in spite.

Do you belittle me ?

I read everything, i have no questions for the moment.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mugetsu leers at the Jounin. Annoyed by his presumption that he wasn't ready for Upper Dantian, Mugetsu casts the Wuji Dao (B-rank, Upper Dantian, External component, 20 chakra cost[10 for subsequent turns]) on the Jounin in spite.

Do you belittle me ?

I read everything, i have no questions for the moment.
The jounin stopped for a moment upon feeling the attempt of intrusion to his spirit and he completely cast it off before he felt the effects of Mugetsu's technique. Mugetsu's attempt to bring down the jounin was noted even if it failed.

"Of course not Mugetsu-sama, I was simply expressing what I was told from Hayate-sama. I can tell you're anxious so we can begin." The jounin sat down, cross legged motioned for Mugetsu to sit before him.

"Now, I'm sure you're already aware as to why your attempt just now did not work on me. We'll pretend it did, however, from what I assume you're aware of about the upper dantian usage of our signature technique, how much would you expect your technique to work on me or any other developed member of the clan?"

Question: Now, I didn't even consider this when I made the jutsu. Look at the clan submission in the passives and then look at the Upper Dantian application of Wuji Dao. If you used this application on another Hayabusa, what would be the results?

Example: if your B-rank usage succeeded, what effects would have occurred?

This is the same question I asked IC so give me an in character and out of character answer.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The jounin stopped for a moment upon feeling the attempt of intrusion to his spirit and he completely cast it off before he felt the effects of Mugetsu's technique. Mugetsu's attempt to bring down the jounin was noted even if it failed.

"Of course not Mugetsu-sama, I was simply expressing what I was told from Hayate-sama. I can tell you're anxious so we can begin." The jounin sat down, cross legged motioned for Mugetsu to sit before him.

"Now, I'm sure you're already aware as to why your attempt just now did not work on me. We'll pretend it did, however, from what I assume you're aware of about the upper dantian usage of our signature technique, how much would you expect your technique to work on me or any other developed member of the clan?"

Question: Now, I didn't even consider this when I made the jutsu. Look at the clan submission in the passives and then look at the Upper Dantian application of Wuji Dao. If you used this application on another Hayabusa, what would be the results?

Example: if your B-rank usage succeeded, what effects would have occurred?

This is the same question I asked IC so give me an in character and out of character answer.
Mugetsu grunts then takes a deep breath to recenter himself. Realizing his neglect to understand the basics of Neidan is the reason he still requires a tutelage. He bows modestly.
Pardon my actions. My attempt failed because, we of the Hayabusa Lineage have Wadatsumi Sanjin woven in to our very beings. External component of Upper Dantian is a spiritual attack. I assess the intensity of technique was equivalent of B-rank Ninjutsu, on a normal person that would reduce his capacity to use any ninjutsu of S-rank or higher. Being a Hayabusa Jounin, that does not apply to you. I understand at best you would be restricted from using Forbidden Ninjutsu. I presume you actively resisted my technique to break free immediately.

The Jounin, actively resisted the technique to break free since Upper Dantian is a spiritual attack in nature.
On any Hayabusa, the damage of spiritual techniques is reduced by half and effects reduced by 1 rank.
In this case, my where my B rank would restrict S rank and above. It only restricted Forbidden rank techniques for the Jounin.
Had i used A rank and the he didn't resistt. He would have stayed comatose for 1 turn.

Last edited:

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"You are correct Mugetsu-sama. As Hayabusa, we have a distinct advantage against spiritual abilities including our own. With the exception of those who have powers that exceed our own, it is inadvisable to for most spiritual techniques to be used. They'd need to be incredibly potent from the beginning." The jounin said. He then smiled at the young boy.

"I have to say I'm impressed Mugetsu-sama. Most don't get the hang of Wuji Dao so quickly. Even Hayate-sama was a little older than you before he completely gained a firm handle on the technique." The jounin praised. "Given you've already progressed this far without my assistance being needed, I don't think Hayate-sama would be opposed to me furthering your training, what do you say to that?"

Hayabusa Kobudo or Five Agents, which would you like to learn next?

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"You are correct Mugetsu-sama. As Hayabusa, we have a distinct advantage against spiritual abilities including our own. With the exception of those who have powers that exceed our own, it is inadvisable to for most spiritual techniques to be used. They'd need to be incredibly potent from the beginning." The jounin said. He then smiled at the young boy.

"I have to say I'm impressed Mugetsu-sama. Most don't get the hang of Wuji Dao so quickly. Even Hayate-sama was a little older than you before he completely gained a firm handle on the technique." The jounin praised. "Given you've already progressed this far without my assistance being needed, I don't think Hayate-sama would be opposed to me furthering your training, what do you say to that?"

Hayabusa Kobudo or Five Agents, which would you like to learn next?
Mugetsu grinned and rubbed his nose
Hehe! Hayate got only a few years before i get stronger than him. How do you think he'd feel about that?
He ran closer to the jounin
Five Agents next?

5 Agents of course! Ive been waiting to learn that one

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mugetsu grinned and rubbed his nose
Hehe! Hayate got only a few years before i get stronger than him. How do you think he'd feel about that?
He ran closer to the jounin
Five Agents next?

5 Agents of course! Ive been waiting to learn that one
"I wouldn't get too carried away. Hayate-sama's rate of growth was exponential. It always takes him significantly less time to master more advanced techniques once he's made it through more rudimentary agents. In order for you to challenge his skills and knowledge you'll need to master the Five Agents in an even shorter time than it took for you to complete Wuji Dao.

Though, I'm rooting for you young master. I guess the first thing would be to tell me which chakra natures (your primary specialty) you currently know Mugetsu-sama. While you do that, I want you to gather your chakra."

(Neidan: Wuxing) Internal Alchemy: Five Agents
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 20 - 40
Damage: N/A
Description: Five Agents is a technique where by the user augments their other non-Neidan techniques by combining them with Wuji. The technique mitigates the weakness of a user’s non-Neidan techniques by utilizing the neutral nature of Wuji to erase part of or all a conflicting technique so that the user’s technique becomes neutral or continues with limited inhibition against other techniques. Alternatively, the user can make other techniques more effective against weaker techniques via the same method. This technique is accomplished by combining the user’s non-Neidan technique with Wuji Dao with all three dantian. As a result, this is not an actual augmentation but a collaboration technique between Wuji Dao and a non-Neidan technique. The user will either wrap the layer of Neidan manipulated chakra around their non-Neidan technique or embed it within their non-Neidan technique. The wrapper method causes opposing entities to interact with the Neidan technique before the non-Neidan technique. The embedded method causes the opposing entities to interact with the non-Neidan technique before the Neidan technique comes into play (essentially inverting the process). This technique is learned at chunin rank at B-rank. It can be used within the same timeframe as the user’s non-Neidan technique. At jounin level, the user can enhance the strength of this technique and use it A-rank. Dragon Ninja are capable of using this technique S-rank and using B-rank passively. Head Ninja are capable of using this technique up to A-rank passively but are incapable of using S-rank. Master Ninja can use A-rank passively and use up to S-rank.

Note: chunin can only use this technique every three turns. Jounin can use the technique once every two turns. Dragon/Head Ninja can use this technique once every other turn, and master ninja can use this once per turn.
Note: Passive use of this technique at any rank increases the cool down duration per use by one turn and can only be utilized 4 times per battle.
Note: S-rank version of this technique can only be used once every three turns.
Note: chunin and jounin will be required to use an additional 2 hand signs with whatever technique they are collaborating with to use this technique. The higher echelon will only require 1 additional seal unless the application is S-rank.

Question 1: How is the version of Wuji Dao in this Five Agents different than the fundamental technique we just learned? In other words: looking purely at the portion of this technique where Neidan is concerned, what do we do with this technique that we don't do with the fundamental technique?

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"I wouldn't get too carried away. Hayate-sama's rate of growth was exponential. It always takes him significantly less time to master more advanced techniques once he's made it through more rudimentary agents. In order for you to challenge his skills and knowledge you'll need to master the Five Agents in an even shorter time than it took for you to complete Wuji Dao.

Though, I'm rooting for you young master. I guess the first thing would be to tell me which chakra natures (your primary specialty) you currently know Mugetsu-sama. While you do that, I want you to gather your chakra."

Chakra Cost: 20 - 40
Description: Five Agents is a technique where by the user augments their other non-Neidan techniques by combining them with Wuji. The technique mitigates the weakness of a user’s non-Neidan techniques by utilizing the neutral nature of Wuji to erase part of or all a conflicting technique so that the user’s technique becomes neutral or continues with limited inhibition against other techniques. Alternatively, the user can make other techniques more effective against weaker techniques via the same method. This technique is accomplished by combining the user’s non-Neidan technique with Wuji Dao with all three dantian. As a result, this is not an actual augmentation but a collaboration technique between Wuji Dao and a non-Neidan technique. The user will either wrap the layer of Neidan manipulated chakra around their non-Neidan technique or embed it within their non-Neidan technique. The wrapper method causes opposing entities to interact with the Neidan technique before the non-Neidan technique. The embedded method causes the opposing entities to interact with the non-Neidan technique before the Neidan technique comes into play (essentially inverting the process). This technique is learned at chunin rank at B-rank. It can be used within the same timeframe as the user’s non-Neidan technique. At jounin level, the user can enhance the strength of this technique and use it A-rank. Dragon Ninja are capable of using this technique S-rank and using B-rank passively. Head Ninja are capable of using this technique up to A-rank passively but are incapable of using S-rank. Master Ninja can use A-rank passively and use up to S-rank.

Note: chunin can only use this technique every three turns. Jounin can use the technique once every two turns. Dragon/Head Ninja can use this technique once every other turn, and master ninja can use this once per turn.
Note: Passive use of this technique at any rank increases the cool down duration per use by one turn and can only be utilized 4 times per battle.
Note: chunin and jounin will be required to use an additional 2 hand signs with whatever technique they are collaborating with to use this technique. The higher echelon will only require 1 additional seal unless the application is S-rank.

Question 1: How is the version of Wuji Dao in this Five Agents different than the fundamental technique we just learned? In other words: looking purely at the portion of this technique where Neidan is concerned, what do we do with this technique that we don't do with the fundamental technique?

Hayate has been training me in Lightning release

Mugetsu closes his eyes and performs a seal of confrontation gathering his chakra together

Well the chief difference implicit to the technique is that, this one augments another ninjutsu, it's complimentary, while Wuji Dao is a whole technique in itself.
In addition to that, from what I understand. Wuxing also simultaneously applies lower and middle dantian.
The technique doesn't eliminate our own techniques either, whether layered or embedded. This is possible because wuji is a characteristic of Dragon chakra (which we employ in all our ninjutsu). Our attacks, formed using our Chakra can be the source of wuxing without wuji adversely affecting them.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Ah, then this will work especially well. I'm a wind and earth nature user." The jounin said. He watched as Mugetsu gathered his chakra but saw that his focus was stopping at the second dantian. "You're not quite there yet Mugetsu-sama, for this technique you're going to need to concentrate chakra from all three of the dantian simultaneously. With Wuji Dao, we normally concentrate on one of the three dantian for the basic application so going from one to three all of a sudden may not be as intuitive." The jounin explained. "Try again."

You're correct with the exception of the part where you say only the lower and middle dantian are involved. It even says in the technique that all three are gathered simultaneously. This is to cover the ground that, all types of techniques that could possibly interact with this technique would be effected, not just entities falling into the category of physical or ethereal (though, most techniques are one or the other). Think of the advanced application of Wuji Dao (which erases the entirety of a being's physical, vital, and spiritual existence) but apply it so it stands against a technique, no matter what it comes into contact with, it's going to return it to Wuji (nothingness).

Question 2: What are the limitations to the type of techniques you can apply this technique to? In other words are we limited only to partnering with elemental techniques or is there more we are capable of with this jutsu?

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Ah, then this will work especially well. I'm a wind and earth nature user." The jounin said. He watched as Mugetsu gathered his chakra but saw that his focus was stopping at the second dantian. "You're not quite there yet Mugetsu-sama, for this technique you're going to need to concentrate chakra from all three of the dantian simultaneously. With Wuji Dao, we normally concentrate on one of the three dantian for the basic application so going from one to three all of a sudden may not be as intuitive." The jounin explained. "Try again."

You're correct with the exception of the part where you say only the lower and middle dantian are involved. It even says in the technique that all three are gathered simultaneously. This is to cover the ground that, all types of techniques that could possibly interact with this technique would be effected, not just entities falling into the category of physical or ethereal (though, most techniques are one or the other). Think of the advanced application of Wuji Dao (which erases the entirety of a being's physical, vital, and spiritual existence) but apply it so it stands against a technique, no matter what it comes into contact with, it's going to return it to Wuji (nothingness).

Question 2: What are the limitations to the type of techniques you can apply this technique to? In other words are we limited only to partnering with elemental techniques or is there more we are capable of with this jutsu?
Mugetsu takes a deep breath and waits a few seconds to gather himself, then performs a complete tiger seal, gathering his chakra
Is this correct?

The wording used is Non-Neidan techniques. Which covers everything, however we still would be required to use rationale.
An example of a non elemental usage would be genjutsu. By augmenting my genjutsu with 5 agents i could make it more resistant to a chakra surge.
Same could be said about a thrown kunai or a taijutsu technique. Though limitation in that scenario would be that we couldnt use the embedded method, just the layered form since we cant embed a technique inside a kunai. But even if we could there is little point because its easy to deflect a kunai.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm glad you mentioned genjutsu. Genjutsu is a dangerous territory with this technique as it can cause some issues. Let's use an example with B-ranks (Genjutsu + Five Agents). The issues I see here are the following:

Transportation of Wuji directly to the enemy (loophole): If we use Five Agents with genjutsu we run the risk of people arguing that we move chakra that can be used to completely erase existence directly to an opponent. Genjutsu does not travel like a projectile or stream. It goes directly from point A to point B; therefore, if we combine Five Agents with any genjutsu, that chakra too will go from point A to B. This could lead to some arguing that we are moving chakra to erase an opponent without restriction.

Genjutsu layering/breaking rules becoming fuzzy: So we have a B-rank genjutsu with B-rank Five Agents layered on the chakra outside. Our chakra erases entities based on contact. Ignore the previous argument regarding how it could potentially be used to erase opponents. At the very least, we can agree it could erase chakra. If somebody were to attempt to use kai or even chakra charge for B-rank (A-rank elemental chakra), chakra equating to B-rank would be erased before it made contact to the chakra used for the genjutsu. This is something beneficial to use, but may cause controversy. This would not follow conventional breaking and stacking rules with genjutsu as one would need, essentially, Forbidden ranked chakra just to deal with a logical B+B rank. It would take at least two techniques for anything above B-rank on the side of the Five Agents. This would be something I'd have to discuss with other mods.

As for your second example, remember this deals with techniques. I classify that as a written, non-freeform technique. You could pair it with bukijutsu or taijutsu but, to me, they'd need to be techniques. Though, like you said, it's situational. Not all non-neidan techniques would fit the bill. Leaf Dragon God + Five Agents, pretty good mix. Drunken monkey + Five Agents? Well, you could, but you could also use Wuji Dao at the same time since non-chakra consuming taijutsu can be performed together with ninjutsu already, so it's not really all that necessary for such a thing. Questions?

"Very good Mugetsu-sama, you're making good progress." The jounin praised, "Now, let's try applying it. We're going to try canceling out a conflict using opposing elements. I'm sure you already know that lightning is weak against wind. So in an ordinary situation, you'd need to use more chakra than a wind user to cancel out. I suppose, in a way, we still are, so using it in the way we are about to isn't the most useful. However, for the sake of basics, we'll do it.

I'm going to use a B-rank wind jutsu and you're going to use Wuji Dao to wrap it around a lightning technique in order to cancel it out. Brace yourself." The jounin stood up and backed away from Mugetsu as he made four hand seals. He then released a mid sized sphere of wind toward the young shinobi.

Question 3: We're going to go over combinations and usages for this technique. Answer all of the following with the assumption that you are wrapping chakra outside your non-neidan technique.

3a - B-rank Wind v. C-rank Wind + x-rank Five Agents = Cancellation

3b - B-rank Fire v. C-rank Wind + y-rank Five Agents = Cancellation

3c - A-rank Fire v. B-rank Wind + y-rank Five Agents = Continuation (minimum)

3d - S-rank Fire v. A-rank Water + z-rank Five Agents = Continuation (No rank reduction)

3e - A-rank Earth v. A-rank Fire + n-rank Five Agents = No contest (i.e complete erase)

After this we'll discuss the other method.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm glad you mentioned genjutsu. Genjutsu is a dangerous territory with this technique as it can cause some issues. Let's use an example with B-ranks (Genjutsu + Five Agents). The issues I see here are the following:

Transportation of Wuji directly to the enemy (loophole): If we use Five Agents with genjutsu we run the risk of people arguing that we move chakra that can be used to completely erase existence directly to an opponent. Genjutsu does not travel like a projectile or stream. It goes directly from point A to point B; therefore, if we combine Five Agents with any genjutsu, that chakra too will go from point A to B. This could lead to some arguing that we are moving chakra to erase an opponent without restriction.

Genjutsu layering/breaking rules becoming fuzzy: So we have a B-rank genjutsu with B-rank Five Agents layered on the chakra outside. Our chakra erases entities based on contact. Ignore the previous argument regarding how it could potentially be used to erase opponents. At the very least, we can agree it could erase chakra. If somebody were to attempt to use kai or even chakra charge for B-rank (A-rank elemental chakra), chakra equating to B-rank would be erased before it made contact to the chakra used for the genjutsu. This is something beneficial to use, but may cause controversy. This would not follow conventional breaking and stacking rules with genjutsu as one would need, essentially, Forbidden ranked chakra just to deal with a logical B+B rank. It would take at least two techniques for anything above B-rank on the side of the Five Agents. This would be something I'd have to discuss with other mods.

As for your second example, remember this deals with techniques. I classify that as a written, non-freeform technique. You could pair it with bukijutsu or taijutsu but, to me, they'd need to be techniques. Though, like you said, it's situational. Not all non-neidan techniques would fit the bill. Leaf Dragon God + Five Agents, pretty good mix. Drunken monkey + Five Agents? Well, you could, but you could also use Wuji Dao at the same time since non-chakra consuming taijutsu can be performed together with ninjutsu already, so it's not really all that necessary for such a thing. Questions?

"Very good Mugetsu-sama, you're making good progress." The jounin praised, "Now, let's try applying it. We're going to try canceling out a conflict using opposing elements. I'm sure you already know that lightning is weak against wind. So in an ordinary situation, you'd need to use more chakra than a wind user to cancel out. I suppose, in a way, we still are, so using it in the way we are about to isn't the most useful. However, for the sake of basics, we'll do it.

I'm going to use a B-rank wind jutsu and you're going to use Wuji Dao to wrap it around a lightning technique in order to cancel it out. Brace yourself." The jounin stood up and backed away from Mugetsu as he made four hand seals. He then released a mid sized sphere of wind toward the young shinobi.

Question 3: We're going to go over combinations and usages for this technique. Answer all of the following with the assumption that you are wrapping chakra outside your non-neidan technique.

3a - B-rank Wind v. C-rank Wind + x-rank Five Agents = Cancellation

3b - B-rank Fire v. C-rank Wind + y-rank Five Agents = Cancellation

3c - A-rank Fire v. B-rank Wind + y-rank Five Agents = Continuation (minimum)

3d - S-rank Fire v. A-rank Water + z-rank Five Agents = Continuation (No rank reduction)

3e - A-rank Earth v. A-rank Fire + n-rank Five Agents = No contest (i.e complete erase)

After this we'll discuss the other method.
No questions, let me know once you clarify with mods.

Mugetsu stared at the wind technique as he manifested Chidori. Like the Jounin suggested Mugetsu applied Wuji to technique, or at least tried to. But a technique focused like chidori wasn't appropriate to block a mid sized sphere by area of effect alone.
Wrahhh!
Mugetsu yelled as he applied shape manipulation to the technique, turning the blade in to a spear. It was tricky enough to sustain Neidan and Raiton together, to add shape manipulation to it was taking leaps, but mugetsu continued with the gamble and swung his blade towards the wind spear in an attempt to cut through as well as nullify the technique.

Assuming Wuji is neutral to natures.
3a) B-rank. Ideally C rank of Wuji would result in cancellation of both techniques, B is the minimum.
3b) B-rank. Would erase fire and possible still allow Wind release to continue
3c) A-rank. Which B-rank would have resulted in an effective cancellation, A-rank application would allow continuation of the Wind technique
3d) S-rank, while A-rank would allow continuation, S rank application would ensure there is no rank drop.
3e) S-rank. A- rank would result satisfy nullification of opposing technique, but S rank would ensure even Wuji passes through the Earth.

That is assuming, Wuji is neutral to chakra. But that is questionable, since Ryujin chakra by nature as a 3 component energy should be stronger than normal chakra.
The reason i'm okay with neutrality in this scenario, is because the opposing techniques all involve Chakra natures. The way i see it is:
Elemental technique > Raw Chakra
Elemental technique = Dragon Chakra
Raw Normal Chakra < Raw Dragon Chakra or a Wuji technique

Tell me if im wrong

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Answers: So, keep in mind, with all of these scenarios you want to focus around what how your non-neidan technique is going to interact with the opposing jutsu by the end of the interaction between the Five Agents.

3a) Impossible. So this question was a bit of a trick. You want to lower the B-rank wind technique so that it's equal with your C-rank non-neidan technique by the end of the confrontation. B-rank techniques take 20 chakra and C-ranks are 15. The lowest rank for the Five Agents you can go is D-rank, which takes 10 chakra. With D-rank Five Agents you erase 10 chakra from the opposing B-rank wind, bringing the enemy's technique down to D-rank. This would mean you're left with a situation of D v. C by the time your non-neidan technique comes into play and you'd win by a factor of 1 rank. So this answer was impossible.

3b) D-rank Five Agents. Same situation as 3a, however, in this case you have an enemy technique that has a 1-rank vantage point against your wind. To cancel out a fire technique with wind, the latter needs to be one rank above the former. You have C-rank Wind, therefore you need to reduce his technique to D-rank fire to cancel. D-rank techniques are at 10 so you bring a B-rank (which is 20) down to 10. I explained above how that is accomplished.

3c) B-rank Five Agents. Again, we have a situation where the opposing technique is of a nature that has 1-rank advantage against our own non-neidan technique. For our wind technique actually come out on top in a confrontation with fire we need to be a minimum of 2 ranks ahead. With B-rank Wind we need to reduce the fire technique to D-rank again. With the fire technique at A-rank (30 chakra) 20 chakra needs to be erased to reduce the power of the jutsu to D-rank. To do this, we need our Five Agents to be B-rank.

3d) B-rank Five Agents. Now we're in a situation where we have the advantages element. We want to have our technique continue without suffering a reduction in rank. Against a weaker element they need 1-rank above our jutsu to cancel. If they had a jutsu of equivalent rank to our technique, they'd still lose, however, we'd have lost power by a rank or so. If they were to have a technique 1-rank below ours, then our technique would continue on easily without being reduced in rank (at the very most we'd be at the lower limit of our rank instead of a "B+B=A" we'd have a "C+B=A" change). This is my working understanding of how an interaction would go, but we can double check if you'd like. That being said, we would need to bring an S-rank to a B-rank. In terms of chakra amount, a B-rank is half of an S-rank so B-rank would be what we needed to reduce an S-rank fire to B-rank.

3e) A-rank Five Agents. This one was probably the easiest. No contest means you have absolutely nothing in your way. To do this you only need to match the level of chakra in the opposing technique to erase it completely. Your end result will be your non-neidan technique continuing without being hindered what so ever.

It seems to me as though you were rather confused about what I was asking. In each scenario I wanted you to give me the rank you would need to use for the Five Agents to result in your entire combination cancelling, continuing, or being unopposed against the enemy technique.

Regarding your assumption about our techniques being neutral. If unspecified, CC techniques are generally treated as neutral to elemental natures. We're working under these assumptions with the examples I gave above. As for raw chakra, I do not know for sure the relationship CC techniques would have with it. If we are following the logic that: elemental > Raw, elemental = Wuji therefore Wuji > Raw, then you would be correct. Though I don't recall a conversation that alluded to this logic being in our canon.

Any questions?

The jounin noticed the technique that Mugetsu chose to use against him. "W - Wait a moment young master." The jounin panicked slightly realizing Mugetsu mistake, however it was too late for Mugetsu to change his course of action.

Instead of trying to avoid the issue, the jounin utilized the Five Agents at the last moment around his own technique. The jounin's application was equal to Mugetsu's such that the two would cancel each other out, leaving only their non-neidan techniques. With the A-rank lightning and the B-rank wind, the two techniques would inevitably cancel out.

The jounin scratched his head. "I think you misunderstood my directions Mugetsu-sama. You wanted to combine a weaker lightning technique with rather application of the Five Agents so that you'd cancel my one technique. Something as simple as a D-rank lightning release technique would have sufficed. Using a chidori variant would've achieved a cancellation all on its own." The jounin explained.

"Let's try again. I'm going to use an A-rank wind technique this time. I still want you to use a combination of Lightning Release and Five Agents to effectively cancel out my technique. You may use any combination of the two natures just make sure your chakra ratio is correct." The jounin made three more hand seals and released a larger sphere of wind toward Mugetsu.

Let me know if you have any other questions about what I discussed above. If not, we'll go to the second method of this technique.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, so I misremembered the way I submitted Five Agents. There is only B - S-rank rather than D - S like Wuji Dao. So the first set of questions I gave you were more confusing. By the questions I gave you the first two would have been impossible rather than just the first one. As for the remaining questions, they were all answerable within the scope of the technique since you needed at least B-rank to answer them.

Nevertheless, keep the concepts I presented in mind. The way we attack techniques is by chakra. Reduce the chakra amount of a technique and the power will drop accordingly. You should still be able accomplish the task I presented to you in game, you just need so proceed with that. If you still have questions or are unclear with anything you can also ask. Carry on.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
tcht... as you wish

Mugetsu points his palm towards the incoming wind sphere and unleashes bolts of electricity augment with 5 agents.
(Ration: Ikazuchi Kashou) - Lightning Release: Thunder Burn
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user moves his palm unleashing a wave of lightning bolts at the opponent.

Chakra Cost: 20 - 40 (20)

Alright, no other questions for the time being, we can move on

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Neidan technique would significantly reduce the chakra and power of the jounin's technique. However, with Mugetsu's lightning technique, it was still not enough overpower his wind technique. The lightning technique that Mugetsu used would dissipate and the wind sphere (albeit E-rank) would hit Mugetsu and knock the young boy down.

"Mugetsu-sama...did you forget that lightning release is naturally weak to wind? Using the same amount of nature chakra as I did won't be enough." The Jounin said trying not to offend his master.

A-rank wind reduced to D-rank wind v. D-rank lightning = Wind victory

I'll explain the second (embedded method) part of this technique OOC. This is arguably a less effective method to use. I'll give you an example and I'll let you try to figure it out.

Element foo neutral to Element bar

Hayabusa uses foo and enemy uses bar

A-rank foo vs. S-rank bar = enemy wins: Simple clashing rules

A-rank foo + B-rank Wuxing(wrapper method) v. S-rank bar = Hayabusa wins: This is because the Wuxing hits first, turns the enemy jutsu from S to B. B v. A, clashing rules take effect.

A-rank foo + B-rank Wuxing(embedded method) v. S-rank bar = ???:Tell me who wins and why.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A slight miscalculation. Mugetsu under he got the gist of it, he however made an error in calculation. But too proud to admit Mugetsu tries to feign knowledge.
Heh, i knew that! E-rank wouldn't be enough to hurt me!

A-rank foo + B-rank Wuxing(embedded method) v. S-rank bar = Bar win.
A rank foo will clash with S rank bar first, dropping it to A rank, the subsequent clash would be between B rank Wuxing and A rank Bar.

While at a glance it appears, Wrapper method is more useful than the embedded method. The way i see it, it depends on the situation.

While on the offensive, when enemy counter is uncertain wrapper method is the safer bet as the neutral nature of Wuji would affect every technique the same, allowing for the technique wuxing is wrapped around, to proceed with a higher rank.

While on defensive, ideally you're aware of the elemental nature of opposing technique, that lets embed a wuji based attack with an elemental nature strong to the opposing technique.
It depends on whether or not information of the opposing technique is available. Just an insight, i may be wrong.