Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great Grand-nephew (which may be the same thing, not sure)

Anyway, I'll ask you here what you'd rather do for the sake of your story. Thanks to Reborn you were saved from oblivion. However, if I'm not mistaken, you wanted to be a wanderer for a while since you apparently have amnesia. We can do one of two ways as far as RPing in your training.

1) I could act as an Hayate in the form of an NPC and this training could be that of a flashback to when you were in the Hayabusa clan and training in the basics before you ran from the village. That way upon "returning to reality" when Reborn saved you, you would have the basics down.

2) I could teach you in the form of you reading a scroll that I left behind that details everything you could possibly need to learn as a Hayabusa (up to a certain point). In each post of progression I'd just a passage from the scroll illustrating what you'd need to do. Any questions you have you can ask OOC and chalk it up to your own intellect figuring out what the passages are asking of you. This way it won't compromise your history as a wanderer.

we can do one or the other, or a bit of both, whichever one you'd rather.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I see o-o aren't you amazed you have a hundred year old uncle that looks so young?
I'll go with the first option. Well basics from hayate and more advanced stuff from you. That sounds better

Last edited:

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're actually only 20. When you exist outside space and time you don't age. So while you were born before me, you've remained out of existence long enough for me to surpass you in age so you're really only a title at this point Jr. Don't get it twisted young blood. I'm older than you.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
z.z you keep telling yourself that!
Let's begin
*looks at the age in your bio* iight young blood :coffee:

now, for all intensive purposes and continuity with your bio's history you learned Neidan from our father Shunden meaning you'd have, at the very least, the clan's basic techniques (since Neidan is the actual ninjutsu application of our inherent abilities). However you'd be at a very base level at the age of 10. Before we go in character with the actual advanced applications of the first Hayabusa technique OOC you're going to explain to me how the three passives: Wujin, Taijin, and Spirituality. This will be good, since I can establish technical continuity for the abilities as opposed to trying have all of it inferred through RPing.

Starting with Wujin: this is the ability of disengaging extra-sensory perception from our beings. In regard to the clan description define the scope of "extra-sensory." In other words, tell me the general areas of sensory that constitute extra-sensory and give three specific sensory abilities as an example other than chakra sensory.

Secondly I want you to explain the constraints of our Wujin ability when we actively erase our entire perceived existence. By constraints I mean what we are and are not capable of doing and if there are any inherent flaws in the complete erase that could detriment us in regards to being perceived.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
make it 100 >.> ...pls
Wujin, one of the core passives of Hayabusa lineage. Available to us due to the power of Wadatsumi Kami inside each one of us.
(As far as design and structure of the clan goes, i know japanese creation myth. And i understand how the 3 Gods tie in our powers. Upper middle and lower dantian. I love these details that makes the idea consistent )
Concealment of existence is one of the core applications of Wujin. Though concealment may not be an appropriate term to define the ability. The passive ability involves manipulation of the Dantian to conceal the user's:
i. Body/Physical essence
ii. Spirit/Soul (Think outer path & human path)
iii. Energy
on an extra-sensory level. Meaning user cannot be perceived by others beyond what they can do using their basic 5 senses. The ability is passive and ingrained in every Hayabusa at the beginning of their training.
So in my head i am categorizing Perception in two broad categories. i. Sensory ii. Extra-sensory. Sensory involves use of basic 5 senses and there exist cases where basic senses are augmented and enhanced i.e. Enhanced smelling capabilities of Inuzuka. Extra-sensory methods involves going beyond the 5 senses such as Chakra sensing.
Our passive ability makes it impossible to be perceived on an extra-sensory level. I would add 'within the scope of our abilities (mind, body and soul), but it already encompasses everything'
Examples of extra-sensory include but aren't limited to: Negative emotions sensing, Force Sense, and even Ganmi tasting (from my understanding their ability is a combination of enhanced taste combined with extra-sensory perception, enhanced taste mean nothing if it cannot be traced back to us). Oh and chakra sensing like you mentioned.

Secondly, the active ability of Wujin (costs a move), allows us to erase out existence on the sensory level. The limits of the ability depends on the user's skill, skill itself is defined by rank.
Excluding limitations defined by our ranks. Our eyes become fiery golden when excited. This can be a universal indicator for use of neidan. Depending on the application, when we use our abilities it forms ripples in space-time similar to Kamui.
When we manipulate all 3 dantian to completely erase our existence. Apart from an inability to do anything until we return to reality, we can only re-appear within 10m of our original point of disappearance, it also leaves us incapable of using neidan for the following few turns. When we manipulate a single dantian, we are not immune to any adverse effects that result from our actions, for example: erasing all our chakra means we're not capable of using chakra until we regain it, erasing a part of body doesnt prevent the blood from pouring out.
And ofcourse, we can still be perceived by other Hayabusa using taijin, despite removing ourselves from existence.
hope i didn't miss anything. I apologize if i did.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, you are a child who's only in existence by the graces of his wise nephew. You're 20 mitch.

Now then, you're incorrect about Gamni clan tasting. Taste sense is to a Gamni what enhanced hearing is to an Inuzuka. According to Liliana Gamni do in fact taste the physical being, which is within the realm of the 5 basic senses. What they are incapable of tasting, however is our chakra. Our chakra does not have a "flavor" that is comprehensible therefore the chakra aspect of their detection would fail. This is the same for Dojutsu users as well. While the Byakugan does still possess the ability to see us with their x-ray and distance enhancements they would not see our chakra nor would Rinnegan or Sharingan users.

To take a momentary tangent, we did discuss briefly in our chakra when being manipulated and coming into existence. I will give you the props for the apt description you gave which is to say our "type" of chakra is akin to other chakras such as Bijuu chakra, natural energy, etc. The type of chakra that circulates throughout our entire body cannot be regardless of the nature. The physical sensations of the chakra and techniques we use, however, can be detected. We cannot hide the heat from fire techniques or the chill from wind and water techniques. However it would be impossible for the likes of chakra sensors to see what chakra natures we mold or how our chakra fluctuates when we use techniques.

Of course this does not prevent us from being put under genjutsu by those that have means of physically perceiving us. Our chakra would be disrupted and fluctuate according to a technique.

Tell me about the intent sensing of Pervy's clan, because this is an interesting thing I grappled with. I've come to what I feel a fair conclusion which I will also speak to him about. However, how do you think that would apply or not apply to our clan. For example, look at each of the following scenarios:

1. Let's use the intentions of a member of the Hayabusa. Is it possible for anybody from that clan to detect a our intentions within the bounds of our clan? Thus if we used only our bodies to act aggressively, would they be able to detect that?

2. Let's say we throw a projectile weapon like a kunai or we cause earth spikes to rise in a blind spot otherwise inconcievable without their intent sensing. Would they be able to detect that?

3. Lastly, what if we were to use a technique wrapped in Neidan. For example our kunai or earth spikes happen as a result of a Neidan technique. Would they be able to detect that.

All three of these scenarios are illustrating malicious intent toward them. Do they pick up on any of these? Why or why not.

Our eyes glow when we want them too just because we sexy. You're primarily speaking of the first technique which we are not in yet. This is only going over the passive stuff.

Now I want you to note something from our clan

Also, due to the fact that a Hayabusa is essentially out of the plain of existence in this form, they cannot attack an opponent or mold their chakra to use techniques until they release the wujin and once again appear in the enemies senses.
this is worded precariously by Scorps but there is a way to work around it. "cannot attack" and "mold their chakra to use techniques" are key phrases. Defensive, non-chakra enabled taijutsu is acceptable by my interpretation of this. Any who would disagree may take it to any of the other mods but this prevents exploitation of enemies while we use the full eraser of our existence.

However, also make note of "essentially out of the plain of existence." This is also Scorps' wording which I never did get clarification on which is something I'd like to leave open publicly. I'll ask the following.

Public Opinion.
Does the full activation of Wujin constitute our physical eraser of our existence thereby meaning any interaction with us by another is just as impossible as us with them? OR is it simply our perceived existence. If in the case of the former than my previous statement of defensive/evasive taijutsu would be null as we would not even exist to need to use it. If the situation is the latter than defensive/evasive non-chakra taijutsu should be acceptable correct?

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks for the clarification on Ganmi, it was a confusing case.
As for intent sensing. This is an interesting case, i just read it up so my knowledge may be incomplete. But are a few things that caught my attention. Let me break down the ability:
Noldor Intent sensing, is said to work without sensing chakra.
This on the other hand is the ability to sense killing intent even without the use of unique chakra sensing.
On the other hand, the rationale presented was the dark and light allignment of someone's chakra
This was proven possible by the likes of Karin who could sense the darkness is Sasuke chakra and the lightness in Narutos
A better comparison would have been Kurama's ability which is likely what Noldor sensing is based on. There is a contradiction between intention and rationale provided. And it needs clarification because, if understanding a Hayabusa's intent has anything to do with understanding a Hayabusa's chakra. It renders ability unusable against us.

Secondly, intent is defined as good and bad, with bad detectable and good undetectable. This is a tricky ability, because good and bad are relative. What's considered bad would entirely depend on psychology of the user and opponent.
An interesting case would be to see a psychotic noldor. They are said to be perfect, but even perfect is a relative term. Then if a psychotic Noldor consider's killing people as good, because for example it might reduce world population and prevent exploitation of the planets resources. Then his negative emotion sensing would respond to someone who's trying to save another life. This makes their kekkei genkai convenient since it can be used to burn whatever they deem impure because an absolute doesn't exist even though it supposedly works around a concept of good and bad.

To put a constraint on it, parameters of the sensing should be defined. For instance, define negative and whatever misses the definition is inapplicable. That would leave negative emotions sensing truly around killing intent, anger or intending some harm on someone.

I've gone off topic however, to answer your question.
1) Action is not intent. We can act aggressively, as long as there is a persistent idea that our actions wont ultimately cause harm to the Nolder (as well as an idea that there arent many possibilities they could be harmed). Otherwise it would be detectable.
2) They are able to detect negative intent, but are they able to detect what exactly the intent is? Or how we intend to fulfill what we intended (csdzbusiuisd tongue twisters...). From my understanding yeah they are able to perceive that the nature of our intention is negative or harmful, but their description or their abilities don't imply that they can tell what the intention is? how we will do it? or from where we will do it? Unless the physical vibrations of the ground gives it away, they cant tell spikes will rise from a blind spot. They can only tell we're being naughty.

Now my third answer really depends on whether or not the second one is right but my gut tells me it isn't. Third scenario wouldn't have existed if my answer to the second was true in its entirety.

Also, due to the fact that a Hayabusa is essentially out of the plain of existence in this form, they cannot attack an opponent or mold their chakra to use techniques until they release the wujin and once again appear in the enemies senses.
this is worded precariously by Scorps but there is a way to work around it. "cannot attack" and "mold their chakra to use techniques" are key phrases. Defensive, non-chakra enabled taijutsu is acceptable by my interpretation of this. Any who would disagree may take it to any of the other mods but this prevents exploitation of enemies while we use the full eraser of our existence.
I hope this refers to the active Wujin ability and not the passive.

Does the full activation of Wujin constitute our physical eraser of our existence thereby meaning any interaction with us by another is just as impossible as us with them? OR is it simply our perceived existence. If in the case of the former than my previous statement of defensive/evasive taijutsu would be null as we would not even exist to need to use it. If the situation is the latter than defensive/evasive non-chakra taijutsu should be acceptable correct?
Agreed.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most of what you said is unnecessary and wrong.

intent sensing, which of the five basic senses does that constitute? None? Iight then. So anything pertaining to our being is outside their bounds right? iight then. So we can be the most racist, mal intention mfkers, they won't know that to sense our presence because that is external their basic senses and we are beyond that.

a kunai that is not part of our body that is heading to them. By the definition of how they can sense earth spikes because those are in an act of malice toward them. Yeah they can sense the kunai and earth spikes but not necessarily where the source it came from.

Now if the technique were to be wrapped in Neidan or our dragon chakra, regardless of the intent it was laced with, the elf would not be able to detect them what so ever.

So, out of the three scenarios only one would be detected, nothing linked to our beings can be detected with Intent sensing since it falls in the extra-sensory category.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This ability is probably the most simple and concise of the three passives. For this I will be covering three aspects:

-Passive: Damage reduction
-Passive: Status affect tolerance
-Active: Complete immunity

The first part of the spirituality ability is as follows "he damage and effects are reduced by half" this is almost inconsequential in the grand scheme of the RP since a) there are very few non-genjutsu based mental techniques and b) damage points are incredibly difficult to quantify in terms of our RP ironically enough. It's not a matter of simply saying "reduce the hit points by half and subtract that from our health." The only real usefulness of this first ability is in reducing spiritual wave like techniques that come against us and do some form of damage to our mental or spiritual being. We resist the technique by saying half of it is nothing to us.

Nekura techniques for example. Assuming no damage multipliers. A-rank spiritual chakra against us, that amount of chakra at a base is going to do 60 damage, only half of that with the potency of their chakra would affect us. therefore if we used a technique that could interact with it and weaken it by half, the technique would still hit us but have no affect on our mental or spiritual being. I used them as an example as they are the most prominent with a spiritual like attack. The damage multipliers become a problem as their potency of chakra produces a higher degree of damage. An A-rank that does S-rank level damage, we'd need to reduce the damage by half of whatever the respective power they are producing with their chakra.

Status tolerance refers to restrictions like "If jutsu is not released in x number of turns" or "exposure for y number of turns will cause whatever."
status effects (effects that place restrictions on a victim’s capabilities) would weaken by one rank
. This is rather self explanatory. If you're under a genjutsu that gives you 4 turns to break before passing out, you pass out after 5. If it says you require A-rank to resist this technique you need B-rank.

We'll use my Hand of the Shinigami as an example. The technique is dynamic, tell 1) how long this would take to complete and 2) how the progression of each turn would work according to the jutsu's notes and turn by turn affects in regard to a Hayabusa.

Hando no Shinigami (Hand of the Death God)
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage: 80
Description: This technique was derived from Yondaime Hokage's Dead Demon Seal. The user will create the Bore → Hare Seals and then clap his hands together to initiate the illusion. Once the illusion is initiated the victim will begin to experience an excruciating wave throughout their body. While this happens the victim will see and feel their hands and feet becoming black and the pain in those sections of their body will feel even more excruciating. The process the victim feels himself going through is similar to the affects of the Dead Demon Seal as it happened on Orochimaru's arms, necrosis (The Death of cells). The necrosis of the victims hands and feet spreads up their arms and legs and onto their body. Once this has spread to the entire body from the neck down, the world around the victim will become a dark mist of bloody crimson and the Death God will appear before the victim and place his hand on the their head. The victim will feel as if the soul from his head is being pulled out and the necrosis of the rest of his body from the neck up will occur.
~This technique lasts 4 turns unless broken. During the first turn the victims hands and feet will turn black as a result of the affects of the illusion. The second turn will cause the illusion to spread to completely immobilize and affect the arms and legs. The third turn will cover the rest of the body from the neck down and in the final turn the Shinigami will appear and the user will feel the soul from their head being pulled out by the shinigami, which will cause the illusion's affect to spread from the neck upwards.
~This technique can only be used twice per battle and one must skip two turns before attempting the second time.
~If used twice the user cannot use genjutsu for the rest of the match
~No other genjutsu can be used while this technique is in play

Finally the active aspect of this ability. Be it genjutsu, Nekura chakra, Yamanaka, any spiritual/mental technique shy of Yin Release/MS level can be completely neutralized and have no affect whatsoever. Even Sharingan genjutsu below MS grade can be adequately neutralized. This is essentially a "get out of jail free" card or at "take advantage of an unknowing opponent" card that allows you to get out of that one or two (depending on your level) hax gen or mental techniques or capitalize on an opponent who is unaware of this ability and they try to stop the progression of an attack by countering with some move like that.

Any questions?

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Potency of the technique would fall by a rank. So despite being an S rank technique, it could be resisted or broken using the same measures you would for an A rank IF applicable (each genjutsu is different)
The technique would last for a total of 5 turns.
Turn 1: The indicators of genjutsu become apparent, hands and feet will turn black.
Turn 2: Empty
Turn 3: Partial necrosis around hands and legs. Somewhat immobilizing the user (weakened status effect).
Turn 4: necrosis spreads to everywhere from the neck down. User is immobilized.
Turn 5: Shinigami will appear and pull the soul out.

Turn 2 is essentially an empty turn, leaving a big enough window to counter act. Hands and Legs and will turn black at turn 1 because they are an indicator that i am under the effects of the genjutsu. The ability is a resistance against spiritual attacks not something that makes them go in slow mode. So, at least in my opinion, indicators that highlight something as an illusion would kick the very moment the user is affected.
My questions are:
1) Don't we want techniques to go faster instead of slower? As a lot of them are somewhat impairing, 5 turns of impairment can be worse than 4 turns in certain cases.
What if the spiritual technique in question is simply described as 'paralyzes the users for 4 turns'. We do reduce the turns by 1 in that scenario right?
2) A little clarification on active resistance.
a)Is the resistance against the affects of a technique or is it damage immunity?
b)
Note, this does not make Hayabusa passively immune in any way to techniques like genjutsu or Yamanaka techniques, merely they are more tolerant and capable of resisting mental and spiritual damage from such techniques. They still experience the sensory manipulation of illusions and must actively recognize and break free unless they have the power to resist the technique.
To clarify, the 'active' still makes them immune by spending a move. But its not passive immunity, passives the 2 listed; damage reduction and status effect resistance. Am i correct?

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The technique does indeed go slower. In the case of Hand imagine your body going through the necrosis in a steady progression. Your hands and feet, limbs, torso, neck. By the third turn you're paralyzed completely, however if you're a Hayabusa that would be the fourth turn. You'd be less impaired in turn 2 than somebody without your spiritual prowess and thus you have a longer time to sustain. Notice how the wording of the ability says that status affects "weaken" by one rank. This is to say the maximum level of imparement that they'd acomplish diminishes by one rank.

If you are prevented from using A-rank and above because of a jutsu's affects that status affect becomes S-rank and above because you're essentially capable of doing more in that state than another ninja in the same position. If you're said to be driven to unconsciousness after 4 turns then it becomes 5 turns meaning you have longer to stay conscious. If the technique says it lasts 4 turns and in those turns you're incapable of doing x, y, and z, then you only have to worry about 3 turns.

This ability is in regard to the context of the offensive jutsu's affects. Hand of the Shinigami increases from 4 to 5 turns because otherwise you'd fall to unconsciousness in 3. Another technique that says you can't do x for 3 turns means 2 turns. I had to word the ability right hence why I used "weakens" in regard to status affect.

The immunity means neutralizes any damage and affects. If you attempt to use genjutsu on me and I actively resist it, it will not enter my body and will not affect me whatsoever. I will not experience the illusion. If a Nekura's mind lobotomy techniques hit me my mind will remain 100% intact and undamaged. This requires active manipulation and is not passive, hence why I said this ability doesn't give us passive immunity. It needs activation.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Next and lastly is Taijin which is our self-aware omniscient ability. I'll put this in terms of the Binkan's abilities as they are the closest in this regard. Anything that is part of our existence is known to us indefinitely be it physical, vital, or spiritual. Regardless of how minute of a fragment it may be. If we combine this with Wujin this essentially means only we are aware of our entire existence. Based on the clan submission answer the following in regard to taijin.

If somebody casts genjutsu or injects any type of foreign substance into us are we aware of it? If so how aware of what that foreign substance is?

What happens when we cast genjutsu on another person in regards of our knowledge of that person's location?

If another Hayabusa who is of a higher rank uses genjutsu on you are you aware of it?

If you smear your blood on your an opponent's right arm and somehow become blind, do you become aware of your opponent's entire body or just their right arm?

You are aware of the location of a genin over a country away. Said genin is surrounded by dozens of shinobi and is wounded with a crushed right arm. With only your Taijin, what are you aware of in this scenario?

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If somebody casts genjutsu or injects any type of foreign substance into us are we aware of it? If so how aware of what that foreign substance is?
So we are aware of all things that belong to our existence i believe everything within our existence falls in the same category. We would know there is foreign chakra inside us. If its a genjutsu, it would affect our spirituality, and taijin allows us to know all about our physical, spiritual and vital energy. That would give the genjutsu away.

If another Hayabusa who is of a higher rank uses genjutsu on you are you aware of it?
Yes by the same rationale above, we wouldnt be able to detect their applications of wujin or taijin, or detect their chakra by within us unless the person affected is at least Dragon Ninja. But genjutsu affects our spirituality that we are aware of at all ranks.

If you smear your blood on your an opponent's right arm and somehow become blind, do you become aware of your opponent's entire body or just their right arm?
Just their arm, we'd still know the body's location judging from the arm's location, but we can sense only their arm. Unless the person cuts off their arm or something along the lines.

You are aware of the location of a genin over a country away. Said genin is surrounded by dozens of shinobi and is wounded with a crushed right arm. With only your Taijin, what are you aware of in this scenario?
If said genin is a Hayabusa, yes. Distance doesnt matter, if he were in a separate dimension i'd feel him in a separate dimension. I could tell he is hurt, and perhaps that he is fighting. But i couldn't tell anything about the other shinobi that surround him, except what i could gather from the condition of the genin

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So we are aware of all things that belong to our existence i believe everything within our existence falls in the same category. We would know there is foreign chakra inside us. If its a genjutsu, it would affect our spirituality, and taijin allows us to know all about our physical, spiritual and vital energy. That would give the genjutsu away.

Yes by the same rationale above, we wouldnt be able to detect their applications of wujin or taijin, or detect their chakra by within us unless the person affected is at least Dragon Ninja. But genjutsu affects our spirituality that we are aware of at all ranks.

Just their arm, we'd still know the body's location judging from the arm's location, but we can sense only their arm. Unless the person cuts off their arm or something along the lines.

If said genin is a Hayabusa, yes. Distance doesnt matter, if he were in a separate dimension i'd feel him in a separate dimension. I could tell he is hurt, and perhaps that he is fighting. But i couldn't tell anything about the other shinobi that surround him, except what i could gather from the condition of the genin
Correct,

Unclear, rephrase what you mean.

Correct, (if they cut off their arm we'd know where the arm is still just not the rest of the body

Correct.