Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know if any of you heard about this, but i did and i was completely shocked. Up to 500,000 dead people in one day cause of the worst earthquake in 200 years - 7.0 in magnitude in Haiti.The initial quake was later followed by twelve aftershocks greater than magnitude 5.0. Structures of all kinds were damaged or collapsed, from shantytown homes to national landmarks. It is still very early in the recovery effort, but millions are likely displaced, and thousands are feared dead as rescue teams from all over the world are now descending on Haiti to help where they are able.

Info and pics here: , but be warned that some of the images are violent.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How can you not have heard of it, though the paper this morning said it were 100 000 people, though the number was rising.

More than half of Europe is sending plains to Haiti and the VS just made a separate budget of 100 million dollars.

-Andy-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
★ Rei ★;1727297 said:
I don't know if any of you heard about this, but i did and i was completely shocked. Up to 500,000 dead people in one day cause of the worst earthquake in 200 years - 7.0 in magnitude in Haiti.The initial quake was later followed by twelve aftershocks greater than magnitude 5.0. Structures of all kinds were damaged or collapsed, from shantytown homes to national landmarks. It is still very early in the recovery effort, but millions are likely displaced, and thousands are feared dead as rescue teams from all over the world are now descending on Haiti to help where they are able.

i heard it today at the TV ;[ its really sad when it comes to big numbers like this :(

Mugiwara

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
WOOT? I haven't heard of this O_O It is indeed shocking, and sad, but its gods way of stabilizing the population on earth, because we're having problems with it >.> Just my point of view.

Riku..

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, heard about this yesterday in school. A few friends have relatives there. Supposedly they were trying to call their family to see if they were ok but all of the electricity there went down, so nobody but Haiti itself knew what happened after the earthquake for a while. Even worse, the main earthquake took place in the capitol or very close to it, hence all of the casualties. =/

Anyway, wish the best for them.

-~Krissy~-

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I saw this on the news and I couldn't believe it. If it's not hurricanes, it's earthquakes...I feel really bad for the people of Haiti. My parents were discussing it last night and talking about helping with the aiding and all that.

Plus I was reading articles today on the net and one particularly caught my eye.

"If you want to put the worst case scenario together in the Western hemisphere (for disasters), it's Haiti," said Richard Olson, a professor at Florida International University who directs the Disaster Risk Reduction in the Americas project.

"There's a whole bunch of things working against Haiti. One is the hurricane track. The second is tectonics. Then you have the environmental degradation and the poverty," he said.

I was basically thinking the same thing before I read that. Almost every week Haiti is on the regional news here. I only hope that they can pull through this though. =/

Faceless

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After hearing of disasters like this it really pains me that this things doesn't really surprise me anymore. People, its time we should stop saying I don't really give a crap and start doing something for a change. Things will not get better, and I hope you guys are prepared for the worst. Pray that Haiti can survive this tragic loss.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
★ Rei ★;1727297 said:

★ Rei ★;1727711 said:
that's cruel Mugi ...
many people died, including babies and children
this is the most sad news i ever heard :( and the images made me cry and i felt useless because i can't help, the distance between my country and Haiti is so big...