Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Yellow Flash it is.

Minato Namikaze makes his way to the training ground where a student would be waiting for him. He usually places a FTG tag on the training pole to get there fast, but he felt like walking. He cleared his head as he did so, thinking about his next student. As he gets there, he sees his student before him.

"Hello there, I am Minato Namikaze and I will be teaching you the Earth element. First, tell me everything you know about the Earth element, what it is in the Narutoverse, its strength and weaknesses, known users of the element in Naruto. As much detail as you can!"

Minato flips his FTG kunai in the air as he explains.

Sirius Black

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As Shikamaru sees Senpaiwalk towards him he becomes excited that now his long last wish to train with a legend will be fulfilled. As senpai introduces himself Shikamaru is completely lost in awe of standing in front of a legend as his student. After sometimes he comes back to senses and introduces himself. Hi there senpai I am s0uL rEaPeR. It is an honor to train with you. Now to answer your question

Earth releases is one of the basic elemental nature transformation techniques. It allows user to manipulate the surrounding earth for attack or defensive purposes as well as user can also create his own Earth related attacks by converting his chakra into Doton chakra. Earth release can be as hard as rock and as soft as clay depending on type of nature manipulation used with different densities chakra amount etc. It is arguably most versatile of the nature manipultions due to its uses. It can be used to defend, attack and even move underground in a stealthy way.

Earth release is most common among the ninja of IWAGAKURE and is usually affiliated with Snake hand seal.

Stregnths

1. Rain= is weaker to Earth as Earth based techniques can easily absorb water
2. Ice= Earth can easily shatter Ice based techniques
3. Dark Release= is weaker to Earth as absorbing earth itself is quite a task and Earth also has density strong enough to defend against raw energy
4. Steam= Earth is too dense for steam to have any effect on it
5. Sound= Earth can be used as medium between user to protect from sound waves

Weakness

1. Lava= Earth can be melted away with a sufficiently large Lava technique
2. Wood= Earth will be infiltrated and torn apart by wood
3. Crystal= Earth is weaker and less denser than crystal. So crystal can overcome Earth
4. Storm= While water maybe weaker than Earth the addition of lightning makes it stronger and overcome the Earth
5. Steel= Stronger density of steel make sit quite strong against Earth
6. Boil= Corrosive mist can melt Earth away
7. Scorch= As earth cannot be burned or dehydrated
8. Blast= As Earth cannot contain explosions
9. Sand= Sand can be used to grind earth
10. Shikotsumyaku= It is stronger than Earth
11. Dust Realease= Is stronger than earth

KekkeiGenkai

1. Lava Release= Earth+Fire
2. Wood Release= Earth+Water
3. Explosion Release= Earth+Lightning
4. Dust Release= Fire+Earth+Wind

Famous Users

1. Akatsuchi from IWA................... 2. Deidara from IWA...................... 3. Kakashi Hatake
4. Kisame Hoshigaki ........................5. Ittan from IWA .........................................6. Jiraya
7. Jirobo of sound four ............................8. Kakuzu ...........................................9. Kakuzu
10. Kitsuchi from IWA.................................... 11. Kurotsuchi from IWA ....................12. Mu
13. Nagato .....................................14. Onoki............................................15. Orochimaru
16. Roshi ..................................17. Hiruzen Sarutobi ...........................18. Hashirama Senju
19. Danzo Shimura ...................20. Mei Terumi ....................................21. Madara Uchiha
22. Kabuto Yakushi......................... 23. Yamato

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Minato looks at his student, he still needed a little knowledge on the element.

"Well, Earth is a sturdy element, brute force and power are the things that come forth when talking of Earth. The Earth element is weak to Lightning, as it can rip apart the Earth's structure with ease. It is strong to Water, as its sturdy structure can stop the force of Water. This is basic knowledge and should always be remembered. Most Earth based techniques require contact with the Earth itself and comes forth in the form of rocks, pillars, a viscous mud etc. We will cover it all in training."

Minato looks to his right, the sun was still high in the sky, and this day was going to be a long one.

"Now, take this chakra paper and focus your Earth based chakra into it. The desired effect would be that it will crumble. Now, sit down and hold the paper whilst closing your eyes. Describe everything that happens with detail!"

Sirius Black

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After listening to senpai's instructions Shikamaru takes the chakra paper and sits down on the ground. He holds the chakra paper in the tips of his right hand. Then he closes his eyes and visualizes the properties of Earth all the while focusing raw chakra into his hand. He visualizes the properties of Earth like it's Hardness , Color , Strength , Smell. He then applies nature manipultion to the raw chakra in his hand while having a clear mental image of Earth in his mind. After sometime he feels the change in chakra in his hands. He releases this newly converted Doton Chakra into the Chakra paper through his finger tips and surprisingly the paper turns into brown color and crumbles down. After doing this Shikamaru opens his eyes and looks towards his senpai to see if he did it right

You must be registered for see images

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"That's well done, it seems you do have an affinity for Earth release! Now, we will start the good part of our training. So, my method is as follows, I shall explain the jutsu to you, and you will perform it, give me at least two advantages and disadvantages, how to use it in battle and of course, if you have questions, ask them!"

Minato looks towards Shikamaru with a kind look on his face.

"Okay, now for the first one, focus some Earth based chakra into the ground before you, and manipulate it. With this, you are capable of forming small pillars, small tools and small earth based shields. Try it out, and form small tolls made of earth, or perhaps, a pillar beneath my clone to hit him off balance."

Minato then creates a clone that runs towards Shikamaru.

Sirius Black

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After listening to senpai's Affectionate words and instructions Shikamaru begins to focus raw chakra in the ground below his feet. After a moment he applies nature manipulation to convert it into DOTON chakra. After a few moments he starts applying shape manipulation to the chakra to manipulate it and form a huge pillar. As the clone draws near him Shikamaru immediately releases all the chakra to form a huge pillar which appears right under the clone and knocks him high up in the air. The impact of collision is too much for clone and it disappears

After that Shikamaru again focuses raw chakra into the ground below his feets and applies nature manipulation to convert it into DOTON chakra. After sometime shikamaru releases all the chakra at once while applying shape manipulation to convert it into a huge wall of earth rise in front of him to be used as defensive purposes.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, since I became, I will finish your training even though I took you in when I was a senpai ^^

Minato watches as the young Shikamaru performs his technique. Not bad, he could easily mold his Earth based chakra.

"That's alright, but what about advantages, disadvantages and how would you use it in battle? An extra note, that technique can even be used to propel yourself upwards, away from danger but remember to mention that the pillar you create is blunt so you don't kill yourself. Now please, tell me the advantages and disadvantages, also, how you would use it in battle."

Minato then waited for Shikamaru. He knew he was smart, and would easily be able to answer him.

Sirius Black

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Advantages |
1. Requires no hand seals
2. Fatser to use
3. Unnoticed attack from below
4. Shield to protect against attacks
5. Small tools can be made
6. Propelling yourself in air

Disadvantages |
1. D-Rank jutsu so doesn't causes much damage
2. Is easily countered

Uses |
1. I will use it to make my opponent off balance from striking below.
2. Making him airborne while off balance to attack him and decreasing chances of him countering it
3. Making a shield to protect my self from D-Rank water and Fire Attacks by forming a shield
4. Making small tools like swords etc. to use

Also sensei please forgive me if I don't clear anything because I'm kinda new to RP

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"It's alright, you could expand on advantages and disadvantages though. Like you could say, because it requires no hand seals it allows you to easily use it in dangerous situations, like to get out of the way of an incoming attack, to propel yourself upwards etc. It also allows you to interrupt the opponent, cause him to loose his footing when he is running towards you, break his knee by stating the pillar is blunt, or impale him by saying it is sharp etc This jutsu has a lot of uses, be sure to always think outside the box. Here is the jutsu you just learned."

Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Minato then threw him a scroll with the technique on it for later use.

"Okay, then we shall proceed. Now, take that rock over there and channel your Earth based chakra into it. After doing so, use shape manipulation to form the rock into a staff which can be used for close range attacks, and can also be launched at the opponent with great accuracy. Use it on my clone."

Minato then creates a clone that runs towards Shikamaru.

Sirius Black

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry About that I got it now. Problem is that I have been training with Ushiro and he uses no template so this method is relatively new to me

After that Shikamaru goes to the small rock that Sensei poited towards and picks it up. Then he channels his raw chakra in the rock and applies nature manipulation to convert it into DOTON chakra. After short moment he applies shape manipulation to convert this rock into staff with three heads. After that shikamaru holds the staff in his right hand and throws it with large amount of force towards his Sensei's clones. The staff pierces right through the clone which disappears

Advantages |
1. This jutsu can be used to form various weapons with no hand seals
2. Since no hand seals are required it can be used in dangerous situations to quick access to a weapon
3. It can also be used for close range spar instead of just throwing it towards opponent
4. Requires a less amount of cahkra and don't have to carry it around all the time
5. It can be used to form various variety of weapons instead of just staff

Disadvatages |
1. It is a D-Rank jutsu so it can easily be countered
2. It can only be used for short range attacks
3. Opponents can dodge it with little effort

Uses |
1. I will use it to pierce my opponent by throwing I towards him
2. For blocking weak taijutsu attacks
3. For closed range spars

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OOC: Well, it's not a template, you can answer it however you feel, as long as it includes the points I listed. Each a paragraph, in a RP manner, whichever you feel comfortable with and I feel that you are actually understanding the techniques, okay? :)

"That's alright, you just learned another technique, and here it is."

Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

"For the next technique, I want you to concentrate your Earth based chakra into your dominant arm and release it outwards. This creates a ring of rocks that are flung towards your opponent and deals blunt damage. It travels up to mid range, so it can be quite useful as it does not require hand seals. It is also, the last D rank technique. Use it on my clone!"

Minato creates a clone that runs towards Shikamaru with great speed.

Sirius Black

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After hearing Sensei's instructions Shikamaru Opens his right arm his hand facing his right side. HE channels raw chakra into his arm and applies nature manipulation to convert it into Doton chakra. Then he swings his arm forward at Sensei's clone and releases his chakra while applying shape manipulation out of his arm. This causes several small sized rocks in the form of ring to move towards Sensei's clone leaving severe damage and making clone vanish.

Advantages |
1. Requires no hand seal
2. Quick to use So makes it handy in dangerous situations
3. Mid-Range so makes user less susceptible to attack as he doesn't have to go near his opponent
4. Less chakra consumption

Disadvatages |
1. D-Rank jutsu So it can easily be blocked
2. With a little effort It can be dodged if used from mid-range
3. Have to get closer to opponent in order to increase chances of damage. Which make user himself susceptible to attack

Uses |
1. I will use it when my opponent is airborne So to decrease chances of being dodged
2. I will use it in close ranged spar as it needs no Seals and is quick to use
3. Will use it when in dangerous situations and need quick escape

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Good, Shikamaru. Here is the technique you just learned."

Type: Offensive
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.

"Now for the next one, perform the Rat hand seal and mold your Earth based chakra. Send that chakra into the ground before you, and send it towards the opponent. Then manipulate it to cause several sections of the Earth around your opponent to rise up and move around them, only crush them in the middle with two of the sections. It's fairly easy, and quite fast. Use it on my clone."

Dean creates a clone that runs towards Shikamaru.

Sirius Black

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After hearing Sensei's instructions Shikamaru quickly performs Rat hand seal and starts focusing raw chakra into his feet. Then he applies nature manipulation to convert it into Doton chakra. After that shikamaru releases all the chakra into the ground before him and channels it towards his opponent. once the chakra has reached his opponent he quickly performs shape manipulation and releases the chakra altogether to cause several block like sections of Earth to rise and circle around sensei's clone. As the clone is looking closely at the moving sections. Shikamaru quickly makes to sections that clone has less attention on to come together and crush him making him disappear.

Advantages |
1. Requires only a single hand seal
2. Quick to use
3. Element of surprise ad opponent never knows which to sections I am going to bring close or If I am going to bring them close at all or not

Disadvantages |
1. Can easily be countered.
1.1 By D-Rank lightning tecnique to destroy rocks
1.2 By Earth technique that i have yet to learn but saw Teno use it in a fight. Hiding Like A Mole
1.3 By Anything that can raise me up in the sky like Earth Pillar or Wind Release
2. If used at long range user gets ample time to devise a defensive strategy

Uses |
1. I will use this technique when my opponent is distracted or more like blinded.
2. I will use this technique mostly at Mid Range
3. I will use this technique to distract my opponent by making a clone perform it for me and keep the sections rotating around him where I use some other jutsu

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"That's good, Shikamaru. Here you go."

Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

"The next jutsu is the one you just mentioned, Hiding like a Mole. Fairly easy to perform, you will start by channeling your Earth chakra into the ground/earth you are standing on to convert it into soft, fine sand. This allows you to go underground, which allows you to perform some surprise attacks. Whilst underground, you can sense what is going on, on the surface and you can use this to emerge behind the enemies blind spot. Though, when you are underground, you can't form hand seals and can only use below D rank techniques because if you use something higher ranked, it will disrupt the technique causing you to be crushed by the rocks and debris. Use it to kill my clone."

Minato creates a clone that runs towards Shikamaru.

Sirius Black

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After listening to sensei's instructions shikamaru quickly channels raw chakra throughout his body evenly. After that he applies nature manipulation to convert it into Doton chakra. He then releases chakra little by little and after a moment he feels that ground below him is becoming soft and more sand like. He begins to go underground and becomes completely off of sight of clone. Once underground he slowly and cautiously moves towards the clone. Once he senses that he is underground he quickly comes out on the backside of clone and hits him with a strong punch making him disappear

Advantages |
1. With this jutsu you can hide your presence while also you get an opportunity to launch sneak attacks
2. Requires no hand seals
3. You can travel even upto long range attacks

Disdvantages |
1. It is that while the user is using it they cannot perform any seals
2. Once underground they cannot use any other element other then earth, and even the jutsus in earth they can use are limited to C -ranks

Uses |
1. I would use this jutsu to hide my location from opponent and launch a sneak attack
2. I will use it in my currently ongoing battle to avoid both the fireball launched at me as well as the boulder that is falling right above me. That way it is quite a handy jutsu to just evade to attacks with a single jutsu

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After listening to sensei's instructions shikamaru quickly channels raw chakra throughout his body evenly. After that he applies nature manipulation to convert it into Doton chakra. He then releases chakra little by little and after a moment he feels that ground below him is becoming soft and more sand like. He begins to go underground and becomes completely off of sight of clone. Once underground he slowly and cautiously moves towards the clone. Once he senses that he is underground he quickly comes out on the backside of clone and hits him with a strong punch making him disappear

Advantages |
1. With this jutsu you can hide your presence while also you get an opportunity to launch sneak attacks
2. Requires no hand seals
3. You can travel even upto long range attacks

Disdvantages |
1. It is that while the user is using it they cannot perform any seals
2. Once underground they cannot use any other element other then earth, and even the jutsus in earth they can use are limited to C -ranks

Uses |
1. I would use this jutsu to hide my location from opponent and launch a sneak attack
2. I will use it in my currently ongoing battle to avoid both the fireball launched at me as well as the boulder that is falling right above me. That way it is quite a handy jutsu to just evade to attacks with a single jutsu
"Very good, but limited to D ranks. I mentioned it in my explanation. Don't be too fond to go underground, as you can easily be trapped there, and left for dead. Anyway, here is the technique for you."

Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

"Now, the next technique is one I tend to use a lot in battles. Why? Because it so fast and easy to perform, and allows for some freedom, where you can basically get creative with the technique. First, manipulate your Earth based chakra and send it into the ground towards your opponent, or the area you want to affect. After that, manipulate it to cause several sharp Earthen spikes or pillars to emerge. They can pierce through objects less dense then themselves, and can even be made on the surface of your own technique. Use it to pierce my clone!"

Minato creates a clone that runs towards Shikamaru.