Status
Not open for further replies.
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If love is a state of life style, then if someone are dying and you are willing to give your life for that person. It seems to me that this love is not just a lifestyle or something you just live with because you need it :)
You just contradicted yourself. If you are willing to give your life up for someone else, then that person must mean a lot to you. It is because you are a loving person.

I said that love is a series of selfless choices. Choices are the foundation of a lifestyle.

Sorry if that wasn't clear! ;)

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
let me add my 2 cents and just say those who said love doesnt exist:

let me ask you guys this; do you love your mother? do you love your father? do you love your siblings, families? do you love your friends?

love is not just in the form of 2 people in a relationship loving each other. love is between friends, families, close ones, peers, teachers. one can love their hometown, their culture, or have love for a favorite food, favorite movie, favorite sports team. you can love the God that you believe in as well

to say there is no love, you are a fool.

true love does exist. for me love in its purest form comes from God. but as humans we can experience true love. sure many times its mistaken for a crush, infatuation or even lust but there are those who love each other and never stop. and again im not just talking about a relationship because a love for your mother for example is also true love, a love for your friend is true love. etc etc

[/COLOR]

It's funny because you're so wrong.... wait it's sad, not funny.

What emotion isn't in the mind? Thoughts manifest emotions, what you think becomes what you feel. You've contradicted yourself by saying love doesn't exist then saying it does if you believe in it. I believe it does therefore you're wrong. Also, believing in something doesn't make it exist. The entire first part of your post is a waste of space and makes no logical sense at all.

Believing in something doesn't make it exist. If I say I believe in God, God does not poof into existence. Universal Truths are not subject to opinion or other influences. If God exists believing in Him or not believing in Him does not determine His existence. Again, you're wrong.

Thoughts manifest emotions, happiness is an emotion. If a person defines happiness/love as being secure and a relationship leads said person to think he/she is secure then Happiness/love=security and it can be said that a person is a relationship because he/she is happy. You're right, but since you don't seem to understand emotions you're also wrong.

While it may be true that women more often look for males that can provide security that is not the only basis for women to love someone. Women do look for security in partner in the same way men look for women that can bare children (boobs, butts, and youth). If what you say were true then values, common interests and goals would have no bearing on relationships, which they do. So you're wrong yet again.

In the USA and more developed countries women are more independent have jobs that enable them to provide for themselves and do not need males to provide security. This is why males now have the added pressure of making themselves more superficially attractive and the male *** is having a bit of an identity crisis. It is leading to higher divorce rates as well. So you're wrong.

These rates are up in the USA because:
  1. Women are more independent (as stated above)
  2. It takes longer to start a career in America, putting the focus on careers instead of relationships
  3. Baby Boomers, If the spouse dies late in life and widow(er) doesn't remarry he/she is considered single

The 50% divorce rate is subject to interpretation. It takes 10 people to have 10 successful marriages and 6 people to have 10 divorces. How? One person marries and divorces 5 times. 1 successful marriage > 1 divorce. It is also much more difficult to have a successful marriage (one of you has to die) than it is to have a divorce. People live longer now giving them more time to divorce. You didn't mention any of that making you wrong again. I'm about out of colors. You're an entire rainbow of wrong. I'm impressed by how wrong you are.

The reality is your "reality" isn't the true Reality. Reality might not sugar coat things but it isn't a ignorant **** about them either. Everything you said was guesswork, inaccurate guesswork.

Here's my guess about you: you get rejected a lot. You're mean, you deny love and you reject others so that others don't have a chance to reject you first. You put on a facade of confidence and intelligence to devalue others to convince yourself their opinions of you don't matter and hide how insecure you are.
"I'm about out of colors. You're an entire rainbow of wrong. I'm impressed by how wrong you are"

lmao this post was epic and had me rolling!!! lmaoo wow!!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

MidKnight

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[/COLOR]

It's funny because you're so wrong.... wait it's sad, not funny.

What emotion isn't in the mind? Thoughts manifest emotions, what you think becomes what you feel. You've contradicted yourself by saying love doesn't exist then saying it does if you believe in it. I believe it does therefore you're wrong. Also, believing in something doesn't make it exist. The entire first part of your post is a waste of space and makes no logical sense at all.

Believing in something doesn't make it exist. If I say I believe in God, God does not poof into existence. Universal Truths are not subject to opinion or other influences. If God exists believing in Him or not believing in Him does not determine His existence. Again, you're wrong.

Thoughts manifest emotions, happiness is an emotion. If a person defines happiness/love as being secure and a relationship leads said person to think he/she is secure then Happiness/love=security and it can be said that a person is a relationship because he/she is happy. You're right, but since you don't seem to understand emotions you're also wrong.

While it may be true that women more often look for males that can provide security that is not the only basis for women to love someone. Women do look for security in partner in the same way men look for women that can bare children (boobs, butts, and youth). If what you say were true then values, common interests and goals would have no bearing on relationships, which they do. So you're wrong yet again.

In the USA and more developed countries women are more independent have jobs that enable them to provide for themselves and do not need males to provide security. This is why males now have the added pressure of making themselves more superficially attractive and the male *** is having a bit of an identity crisis. It is leading to higher divorce rates as well. So you're wrong.

These rates are up in the USA because:
  1. Women are more independent (as stated above)
  2. It takes longer to start a career in America, putting the focus on careers instead of relationships
  3. Baby Boomers, If the spouse dies late in life and widow(er) doesn't remarry he/she is considered single

The 50% divorce rate is subject to interpretation. It takes 10 people to have 10 successful marriages and 6 people to have 10 divorces. How? One person marries and divorces 5 times. 1 successful marriage > 1 divorce. It is also much more difficult to have a successful marriage (one of you has to die) than it is to have a divorce. People live longer now giving them more time to divorce. You didn't mention any of that making you wrong again. I'm about out of colors. You're an entire rainbow of wrong. I'm impressed by how wrong you are.

The reality is your "reality" isn't the true Reality. Reality might not sugar coat things but it isn't a ignorant **** about them either. Everything you said was guesswork, inaccurate guesswork.

Here's my guess about you: you get rejected a lot. You're mean, you deny love and you reject others so that others don't have a chance to reject you first. You put on a facade of confidence and intelligence to devalue others to convince yourself their opinions of you don't matter and hide how insecure you are.

First of all, the topic of this thread was "Does REAL love exist" when I said that love is extinct, I was referring to "real" love, not love as a whole. That right their tells me that you did not carefully read my response, and immidiately began to lash out on your keyboard. When I said that "Believing in something makes it exist" I was not reffering to love as a whole. I was reffering to the logic of "real" love existing. Which is what this topic is about In the first place. The rest of your argument is full of insults, Information you probrably googled (which is why you have been in this tread for the last 25min. and havent responded), and personal spite against my OPINION. Notice at the beggining of my statement I put "Imo (In my opinion)" Your addressing my personal opinion as if it was an actual fact. And the last part you put is completely irrelevant. Judging an Individual you have never met based on his opinions on a internet forum. That just goes to show how "mature" you are.

P.S: I am fully aware that you & "NarutovsGoku" have personal spite against me. If you have a problem vm or pm me. Dont quote me bashing my opinion. Because its my opinon, not yours. And if you dont like it, thats not my problem.

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First of all, the topic of this thread was "Does REAL love exist" when I said that love is extinct, I was referring to "real" love, not love as a whole. That right their tells me that you did not carefully read my response, and immidiately began to lash out on your keyboard. When I said that "Believing in something makes it exist" I was not reffering to love as a whole. I was reffering to the logic of "real" love existing. Which is what this topic is about In the first place. The rest of your argument is full of insults, Information you probrably googled (which is why you have been in this tread for the last 25min. and havent responded), and personal spite against my OPINION. Notice at the beggining of my statement I put "Imo (In my opinion)" Your addressing my personal opinion as if it was an actual fact. And the last part you put is completely irrelevant. Judging an Individual you have never met based on his opinions on a internet forum. That just goes to show how "mature" you are.

P.S: I am fully aware that you & "NarutovsGoku" have personal spite against me. If you have a problem vm or pm me. Dont quote me bashing my opinion. Because its my opinon, not yours. And if you dont like it, thats not my problem.
holy shit how did i get involved in this? lol

dude you and me were just talking on a pm not too long ago and you think i have a personal spite agaisnt you?

didnt i tell you not to jump to conclusions and be quick to assume stuff?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I kinda think you got off topic with the lust part (even though it was an example). Lust falls into the same category as infatuation, and the topic was about "real love". And you also said that love isnt an emotion? But instead a lifestyle/being? Love is a combanation of emotions manifested into a state of communication. Love is something that we feel without explaination or logic. You said that love is a lifestyle, and I dont see how you could say that. You speak of love as if it was a sport instead of something that is suppossedly majestic. You cant take a class on "How to feel love". As I said before, its something that we feel without explaination or logic. No class, or book, or counselor, etc, can put logic into something that YOU feel, not them. Real love existed once, however it no longer does. This is the reality of this generation. Lying to yourself, fairytales, etc, wont change the reality of the situation.
No, I didn't go off topic. I wanted to make sure that readers understood the difference between love and lust because so many people are convinced that it is the same thing.

As I said before, love involves emotions, but is not one. Love involves the whole person, not just emotions, and it involves both people.

As I said before, love is a series of selfless choices. You make choices every day that shape the person you become. You can choose or not choose to communicate with your significant other.

I never said that love is a sport. Love is a lifestyle. Your thoughts become words. Your words become action. Your actions shape the person you become, aka lifestyle/commitment. If you have commited yourself to a person or belief, it becomes your lifestyle. This is why mature people tell you not to rush relationships. It is not a race. There are no rewards or trophies for rushing through the physical things, ignoring the emotional things, and confusing the mental things.

You are making this more complicated than it really is. Once a person truly understands what love is, he/she realizes this. The hard part is taking the words and turning them to actions. It's easy for a person to say that he/she will stick by someone through thick and thin, but turning these words into actions is the hard part. The parallelism between words and actions is where commitment is, which shapes that person's lifestyle.

Ghostofthewind

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You nor the thread's creator defined real love, I did. You said "real" love was extinct but that it did exist if a person believed in it which, as I said before, is a contradiction. Have you been reading your posts? If you don't define your idea of "real" love then how am I supposed to know what "logic" you're talking about?

That information is backed by my B.S. in Clinical Psychology. It would have taken too long to google all of that and if I had I would have cited it. I made dinner, walked my dog and spoke with my neighbor in that time btw.

You might call it irrelevant but you didn't say I wasn't accurate.

I don't have anything against you I do have a problem with inaccurate guesswork that is presented as fact aka your last post.

P.S. Saying I have "personal spite" against you is a way of devaluing me and my opinion of your thoughts so you don't have to feel insecure about them. You just confirmed what I said.

P.P.S. "P.S." Stands for post script thought. A person used P.S. to mark a thought that occurred to him/her after a letter was complete, but he/she could not go back and insert it into the letter because the letter was written in ink. You can insert it into a message rendering P.S. pointless. I'm using it to be comical therefore it is serving it's intended purpose and stopping me from being hypocritical.

Last edited:

MidKnight

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
holy shit how did i get involved in this? lol

dude you and me were just talking on a pm not too long ago and you think i have a personal spite agaisnt you?

didnt i tell you not to jump to conclusions and be quick to assume stuff?
I brought you into it, because its obvious you two were "backing each other up" against my OPINION. Its obvious that you two are good freinds on this forum. I never said it was true, that just the way I look at it. If I have people that agree with me then they have every right to. "ghostofthewind" at the last part of his post, said something out of personal spite. How can you say "Im constantly rejected", and stuff like that and we dont even know each other. I have already stated several times that I have had at least 3 girlfreinds (long- term relationships) through my teen/wonder years In HS & Junior HS.

blazekev90

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
wait wait dont ruin a good thread ppl, i was really taking in everyones point of view lol, shyt had me thinking!!! Plz dont start the sideline arguments.

MidKnight

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You nor the thread's creator defined real love, I did. You said "real" love was extinct but that it did exist if a person believed in it which, as I said before, is a contradiction. Have you been reading your posts? If you don't define your idea of "real" love then how am I supposed to know what "logic" you're talking about?

That information is backed by my B.S. in Clinical Psychology. It would have taken too long to google all of that and if I had I would have cited it. I made dinner, walked my dog and spoke with my neighbor in that time btw.

You might call it irrelevant but you didn't say I wasn't accurate.

I don't have anything against you I do have a problem with inaccurate guesswork that is presented as fact aka your last post.

P.S. Saying I have "personal spite" against you is a way of devaluing me and my opinion of your thoughts so you don't have to feel insecure about them. You just confirmed what I said.
Ahh, a B.S. In Clinical Psychology. So your pretty good at debates and...how to say this.... "mind*******" people. There is no argument here. What I said was opinion, instead of countering my opinion with your opinion, you countered my opinion with facts as if my opinion was an actual fact. And its not, its just my opinion. However, to back up my opinion, I used facts. Facts that are correct. It is a fact, that divorce rates, increase in single people, etc have had a major increase In the last decade. I will now walk away from this pointless "argument" because my point has been proven obviously because it has elicited a response out of multiple individuals. Good day sir.

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I brought you into it, because its obvious you two were "backing each other up" against my OPINION. Its obvious that you two are good freinds on this forum. I never said it was true, that just the way I look at it. If I have people that agree with me then they have every right to. "ghostofthewind" at the last part of his post, said something out of personal spite. How can you say "Im constantly rejected", and stuff like that and we dont even know each other. I have already stated several times that I have had at least 3 girlfreinds (long- term relationships) through my teen/wonder years In HS & Junior HS.
Ghost just said he studied clinical pysch...

im also a pysch major if you havent noticed while we were talking.

we study how people act, why they act a the way they do, we study non verbals and communications, pysch disorders, egos, defense mechanisms, etc etc etc.

all Ghost did is take what you said, anylazed it and thought "hmm why is this guy saying this? why does he feel this way? what in his past has happened to have this opinion?"

because our experiences do shape our attitudes and opinions. you said there is no real love and Ghost concluded because you have failed in your past experiences at finding true love. its a valid conclusion, at least to me. i think, based on your posts, that you have had many failed attempts at finding true love. its ok because most of us have, that comes with relationships and dating. you are going to have a few fails.

but anyways, i know better, you just viewed my convos with ghost on my page so dont give me "oh you guys are friends" because that much is obvious. and i agreed with what he said in his post. just cuz hes my friend doesnt mean i will agree with everything and doesnt mean i will agree all the time. i have friends on this site who i always disagree with mind you.

anyways im ranting on and on and basically dont get at my shit just because i agreed with someone. this is between you and ghost. if i wanted to comment on your opinion i would have.

wait wait dont ruin a good thread ppl, i was really taking in everyones point of view lol, shyt had me thinking!!! Plz dont start the sideline arguments.
lol sorry.. btw did you read what i wrote on page 3?

Last edited:

Ghostofthewind

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ahh, a B.S. In Clinical Psychology. So your pretty good at debates and...how to say this.... "mind*******" people. There is no argument here. What I said was opinion, instead of countering my opinion with your opinion, you countered my opinion with facts as if my opinion was an actual fact. And its not, its just my opinion. However, to back up my opinion, I used facts. Facts that are correct. It is a fact, that divorce rates, increase in single people, etc have had a major increase In the last decade. I will now walk away from this pointless "argument" because my point has been proven obviously because it has elicited a response out of multiple individuals. Good day sir.
Responsible people build arguments and opinions on facts. My facts disproved your "facts" which means your "facts" aren't facts at all. And the fact that divorce rates are up is subject to interpretation like I told you before. Lack of love or a superficial society are not the only factors like you believe. Sweet, you got other people whose opinions aren't based in facts to agree with you too. Good work.

we study how people act, why they act a the way they do, we study non verbals and communications, pysch disorders, egos, defense mechanisms, etc etc etc.

all Ghost did is take what you said, anylazed it and thought "hmm why is this guy saying this? why does he feel this way? what in his past has happened to have this opinion?"

because our experiences do shape our attitudes and opinions. you said there is no real love and Ghost concluded because you have failed in your past experiences at finding true love. its a valid conclusion, at least to me.
What tipped me off is that he presented his opinions as though they were facts, which I knew they were not. He had confidence in his "facts" which I knew where false which means his confidence was false as well or at least he had false intelligence. When someone has false confidence and intelligence it is to build themselves above others. That mindset protects One from being criticized by others. Because One believes he/she is smarter and a dumber person cannot understand/accurately criticize the One.

Because you reject love I thought you had trouble understanding it. Love is a form of acceptance. You can see where I'm going with this can't you?

Last edited:

blazekev90

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ghost just said he studied clinical pysch...

im also a pysch major if you havent noticed while we were talking.

because our experiences do shape our attitudes and opinions. you said there is no real love and Ghost concluded because you have failed in your past experiences at finding true love. its a valid conclusion, at least to me. i think, based on your posts, that you have had many failed attempts at finding true love. its ok because most of us have, that comes with relationships and dating. you are going to have a few fails.

but anyways, i know better, you just viewed my convos with ghost on my page so dont give me "oh you guys are friends" because that much is obvious. and i agreed with what he said in his post. just cuz hes my friend doesnt mean i will agree with everything and doesnt mean i will agree all the time. i have friends on this site who i always disagree with mind you.

anyways im ranting on and on and basically dont get at my shit just because i agreed with someone. this is between you and ghost. if i wanted to comment on your opinion i would have.

lol sorry.. btw did you read what i wrote on page 3?
I have read it and found it quite interesting I must say. I'm also a psyc major who have experienced the downfall of love after a 5 year relationship, that I still can't get over.

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have read it and found it quite interesting I must say. I'm also a psyc major who have experienced the downfall of love after a 5 year relationship, that I still can't get over.
thanks .. lol another pysch major huh? cool you still studying or graduated?

but yea we all in some form or another had a bad relationship or one that didnt work. hopefully you'll get over it one day, maybe you just gotta meet the right person

blazekev90

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thanks .. lol another pysch major huh? cool you still studying or graduated?

but yea we all in some form or another had a bad relationship or one that didnt work. hopefully you'll get over it one day, maybe you just gotta meet the right person
still undergrad, going into my senior year at the University of Connecticut.

I've had my few that may not have worked, yet I'm confused as of why this one sticks with me. It must be something deeper, I just cant figure it out.:shrug:

NarutoVsGoku

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I've had my few that may not have worked, yet I'm confused as of why this one sticks with me. It must be something deeper, I just cant figure it out.:shrug:
did u have other relationships that lasted for 5 years? 5 years is a long time btw.. ya might as well have gotten engaged.

Ghostofthewind

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It's interesting, the steps of accepting death are the same as accepting a break-up. Lol Denial, Bargaining, hate, acceptance. I think those are the steps. I just went through a tough break-up too. The fastest way to get over one girl is to get another one.

In class I learned talking about the past rarely helps. It is best to talk and take action about the future.

blazekev90

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's interesting, the steps of accepting death are the same as accepting a break-up. Lol Denial, Bargaining, hate, acceptance. I think those are the steps. I just went through a tough break-up too. The fastest way to get over one girl is to get another one.

In class I learned talking about the past rarely helps. It is best to talk and take action about the future.
we broke up last Jan. and i started another relationship that lasted 6 months, moving on didnt help lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.