missing

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hear me now! for me love is not something that appears out of nothing love is what you creat with a person that is always there with you, that cares about you and you about her/him and that you share all that you are with no holding back, that means you shared all that you are with a person, good, bad, fears joys....every thing! and that's not easy and that other persons does the same and you both accept who each other are, of course theres also all that passion and desire that's also part and *** too, it's damn good :p but not just that because *** is when you are the most intimid with the other person

MidKnight

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Imo, In this day & age/generation, no, it does not. Love is just like religion. Its all In the mind, Its all based on your personal belief.True love exist only If you choose to believe In it (just like religion). People arent with each other for happiness or love, only for "Insurance". The fear of being alone is an overwelming one. We are scared of being alone, so we cling to what we call love in fear of that. Especially women, they dont want love they want "insurance". I know this sounds cold and harsh but this is the reality we live in. Reality doesnt sugar coat things and neither should we. The point is, is that real love is extinct.

P.S.: The skyrocket In Divorce rates, single Individuals, etc. over the last decade is a prime example of this.

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In this day & age/generation, no, it does not. Love is just like religion. Its all In the mind, Its all based on your personal belief.True love exist only If you choose to believe In it (just like religion). People arent with each other for happiness or love, only for "Insurance". The fear of being alone is an overwelming one. We are scared of being alone, so we cling to what we call love in fear of that. Especially women, they dont want love they want "insurance". I know this sounds cold and harsh but this is the reality we live in. Reality doesnt sugar coat things and neither should we.

P.S.: The skyrocket In Divorce rates, single Individuals, etc. over the last decade is a prime example of this.
As a woman, I am highly offended by that comment. Men are the same way. It is human nature to want to be needed by someone else.

Love does exist. The reason why people don't believe in it is because of false advertisement. In other words, some people do things in the name of love, but what they are doing is not a loving action.

For example, a parent can say that he/she loves their child, but if that parent beats the child, the parent does not love the child because he/she is being cruel to their child. The parent tells the child about love in order to find an excuse for bad behavior. The child grows up with a messed up delusion instead of love.

Another example, a person says that he/she loves you in order for you to do something. These things often include, but not limited to, sexual intercourse (which actually means sexual activity) and money (aka spending). This person is trying to manipulate you in the name of love, which will cause you to have a skewed definition of love.

These are just a couple of common situations which occur that cause people to question the validity of love.

Love is not a feeling. It can be confused with being a feeling because emotions are involved. It is a state of being/lifestyle. You can be angry at your spouse but still love that person. Love is a series of selfless choices that you make with your significant other.

Love can be confused with lust under certain circumstances. Lust is selfish; love is selfless. That is the key. If you are ever confused about whether the things you do or say is loving or lusting, ask yourself is this selfish or selfless? Be brutally honest with yourself. Selfish is only thinking of yourself. Selfless is knowing your needs and wants, telling your significant other about them honestly, and being open-minded to your significant other's wants and needs. The key is whether you are willing to find a common ground with this person or not.

Many people think that lust is only sexual, but that is not true. Lust is basically an unhealthy obsession that interferes with your life and dehumanizes/devalues the person or thing you are lusting.

This is too long, so if you want anymore information, just VM or PM me! <3

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Love is a Word/Chat upline to get in a Girls Panties, Nothing More xd.

Girls just think Love is Like it is some Fairy Tales and it all "Magical/Special".

In this day & age/generation, no, it does not. Love is just like religion. Its all In the mind, Its all based on your personal belief.True love exist only If you choose to believe In it (just like religion). People arent with each other for happiness or love, only for "Insurance". The fear of being alone is an overwelming one. We are scared of being alone, so we cling to what we call love in fear of that. Especially women, they dont want love they want "insurance". I know this sounds cold and harsh but this is the reality we live in. Reality doesnt sugar coat things and neither should we. The point is, is that real love is extinct.

^
What he Said.

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

As a woman, I am highly offended by that comment. Men are the same way. It is human nature to want to be needed by someone else.

Love does exist. The reason why people don't believe in it is because of false advertisement. In other words, some people do things in the name of love, but what they are doing is not a loving action.

For example, a parent can say that he/she loves their child, but if that parent beats the child, the parent does not love the child because he/she is being cruel to their child. The parent tells the child about love in order to find an excuse for bad behavior. The child grows up with a messed up delusion instead of love.

Another example, a person says that he/she loves you in order for you to do something. These things often include, but not limited to, sexual intercourse (which actually means sexual activity) and money (aka spending). This person is trying to manipulate you in the name of love, which will cause you to have a skewed definition of love.

These are just a couple of common situations which occur that cause people to question the validity of love.

Love is not a feeling. It can be confused with being a feeling because emotions are involved. It is a state of being/lifestyle. You can be angry at your spouse but still love that person. Love is a series of selfless choices that you make with your significant other.

Love can be confused with lust under certain circumstances. Lust is selfish; love is selfless. That is the key. If you are ever confused about whether the things you do or say is loving or lusting, ask yourself is this selfish or selfless? Be brutally honest with yourself. Selfish is only thinking of yourself. Selfless is knowing your needs and wants, telling your significant other about them honestly, and being open-minded to your significant other's wants and needs. The key is whether you are willing to find a common ground with this person or not.

Many people think that lust is only sexual, but that is not true. Lust is basically an unhealthy obsession that interferes with your life and dehumanizes/devalues the person or thing you are lusting.

If love is a state of life style, then if someone are dying and you are willing to give your life for that person. It seems to me that this love is not just a lifestyle or something you just live with because you need it :)

Pavoneo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In this day & age/generation, no, it does not. Love is just like religion. Its all In the mind, Its all based on your personal belief.True love exist only If you choose to believe In it (just like religion). People arent with each other for happiness or love, only for "Insurance". The fear of being alone is an overwelming one. We are scared of being alone, so we cling to what we call love in fear of that. Especially women, they dont want love they want "insurance". I know this sounds cold and harsh but this is the reality we live in. Reality doesnt sugar coat things and neither should we. The point is, is that real love is extinct.

About sums it up, except men are just about as dependent on someone else as women are emotionally.

Reactions: Hipster Madara

Prince of Persia TTT

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

People would understand you if you say these things to the generations of 18th or 19th century
but in 2012 real love is really extinct as some guy said above imo :noc:

MidKnight

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I kinda think you got off topic with the lust part (even though it was an example). Lust falls into the same category as infatuation, and the topic was about "real love". And you also said that love isnt an emotion? But instead a lifestyle/being? Love is a combanation of emotions manifested into a state of communication. Love is something that we feel without explaination or logic. You said that love is a lifestyle, and I dont see how you could say that. You speak of love as if it was a sport instead of something that is suppossedly majestic. You cant take a class on "How to feel love". As I said before, its something that we feel without explaination or logic. No class, or book, or counselor, etc, can put logic into something that YOU feel, not them. Real love existed once, however it no longer does. This is the reality of this generation. Lying to yourself, fairytales, etc, wont change the reality of the situation.

Last edited:

Ghostofthewind

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It's funny because you're so wrong.... wait it's sad, not funny.

What emotion isn't in the mind? Thoughts manifest emotions, what you think becomes what you feel. You've contradicted yourself by saying love doesn't exist then saying it does if you believe in it. I believe it does therefore you're wrong. Also, believing in something doesn't make it exist. The entire first part of your post is a waste of space and makes no logical sense at all.

Believing in something doesn't make it exist. If I say I believe in God, God does not poof into existence. Universal Truths are not subject to opinion or other influences. If God exists believing in Him or not believing in Him does not determine His existence. Again, you're wrong.

Thoughts manifest emotions, happiness is an emotion. If a person defines happiness/love as being secure and a relationship leads said person to think he/she is secure then Happiness/love=security and it can be said that a person is a relationship because he/she is happy. You're right, but since you don't seem to understand emotions you're also wrong.

While it may be true that women more often look for males that can provide security that is not the only basis for women to love someone. Women do look for security in partner in the same way men look for women that can bare children (boobs, butts, and youth). If what you say were true then values, common interests and goals would have no bearing on relationships, which they do. So you're wrong yet again.

In the USA and more developed countries women are more independent have jobs that enable them to provide for themselves and do not need males to provide security. This is why males now have the added pressure of making themselves more superficially attractive and the male *** is having a bit of an identity crisis. It is leading to higher divorce rates as well. So you're wrong.

These rates are up in the USA because:
  1. Women are more independent (as stated above)
  2. It takes longer to start a career in America, putting the focus on careers instead of relationships
  3. Baby Boomers, If the spouse dies late in life and widow(er) doesn't remarry he/she is considered single

The 50% divorce rate is subject to interpretation. It takes 10 people to have 10 successful marriages and 6 people to have 10 divorces. How? One person marries and divorces 5 times. 1 successful marriage > 1 divorce. It is also much more difficult to have a successful marriage (one of you has to die) than it is to have a divorce. People live longer now giving them more time to divorce. You didn't mention any of that making you wrong again. I'm about out of colors. You're an entire rainbow of wrong. I'm impressed by how wrong you are.

The reality that is your "reality" isn't the true Reality. Reality might not sugar coat things but it isn't a ignorant **** about them either. Everything you said was guesswork, inaccurate guesswork.

Here's my guess about you: you get rejected a lot. You're mean, you deny love and you reject others so that others don't have a chance to reject you first. You put on a facade of confidence and intelligence to devalue others to convince yourself their opinions of you don't matter and hide how insecure you are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.