Do you think it's difficult to be a good person?

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,351💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's difficult to be a good person and still maintain what is in your best interest. I feel like I sacrifice a lot of my mental health forgiving people easily, being overly helpful.. etc. While I cant say most of the.time if the people I am helpful or forgiving towards would do the same for me. Unfortunately feels like being too good makes you vulnerable to bad people taking advantage of you.
Exactly mate. Don't give away too much of your life force to scalpers, be wary of whom to trust it to

Reactions: Premfection

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Being good is too subjective. If you define good as hedonistic discipline; it can be very challenging. It does get easier over time to withhold pleasure seeking activity; dependence on dopamine release can be decreased with cessation and/or moderation. Cravings and need decrease when pleasure seeking activity is decreased. If by good you mean simply being kind to others, and not being a jerk; that's pretty easy with basic self control. Teach yourself to recognize your emotional responses and triggers, and regulate accordingly before speaking.

Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja
Kin
23💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm generally a good natured person but it's far more difficult to be more morally attuned than just being flat out immoral I'm a believer in Christ so that helps me out with avoiding what I see other people doing wrong and recorrect my mistakes despite struggling to do so sometimes.