Do you think it's difficult to be a good person?

Michael92

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
13,234 posts 3,078 reactions
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
13,234
Reaction score
3,078
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I think it's difficult to be a good person and still maintain what is in your best interest. I feel like I sacrifice a lot of my mental health forgiving people easily, being overly helpful.. etc. While I cant say most of the.time if the people I am helpful or forgiving towards would do the same for me. Unfortunately feels like being too good makes you vulnerable to bad people taking advantage of you.

Exactly mate. Don't give away too much of your life force to scalpers, be wary of whom to trust it to
 

minamoto

Legendary Shinobi 🐸
Supreme
24,148 posts 5,114 reactions
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
24,148
Reaction score
5,114
Status
Online
Activity Streak

Callypigia

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
2,945 posts 403 reactions
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
2,945
Reaction score
403
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Being good is too subjective. If you define good as hedonistic discipline; it can be very challenging. It does get easier over time to withhold pleasure seeking activity; dependence on dopamine release can be decreased with cessation and/or moderation. Cravings and need decrease when pleasure seeking activity is decreased. If by good you mean simply being kind to others, and not being a jerk; that's pretty easy with basic self control. Teach yourself to recognize your emotional responses and triggers, and regulate accordingly before speaking.
 
54 posts 11 reactions
Joined
Aug 18, 2018
Messages
54
Reaction score
11
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I'm generally a good natured person but it's far more difficult to be more morally attuned than just being flat out immoral I'm a believer in Christ so that helps me out with avoiding what I see other people doing wrong and recorrect my mistakes despite struggling to do so sometimes.
 
Top