Do people actually want to wear the Burka?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm tired so I tried to come up with something that could entertain me, I know there are some Burka bans and stuff and people are protesting, I don't know where I stand on this, Burka is a symbol of oppression right? So do people who are muslims actually want to wear it? Can you call yourself religious and NOT wear the burka? Like are you allowed to do that? I'm sure you could compromise, I don't think the burka is acceptable at work and stuff for example so you kinda need to take it off anyway.
But maybe banning it is a little extreme.
Should you respect it as some necessary pain, like some holy tradition? I think being against it seems more right than being for it.
But I'm not muslim so I don't know.

Oblivionx

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In Islam, its essential dress code. Those who actually believe in God and Islam do want to wear it. Those are are Muslims only coz they were born so and don't really want to follow Islam, consider it oppression and choice. So there are Muslims on both sides, that is why its so confusing for non Muslims. But to answer your question, yes there are people who want to wear it ans they don't consider it oppression. In fact, they consider it civilized and high morals. Pious is another word to express their thoughts.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In Islam, its essential dress code. Those who actually believe in God and Islam do want to wear it. Those are are Muslims only coz they were born so and don't really want to follow Islam, consider it oppression and choice. So there are Muslims on both sides, that is why its so confusing for non Muslims. But to answer your question, yes there are people who want to wear it ans they don't consider it oppression. In fact, they consider it civilized and high morals. Pious is another word to express their thoughts.
I know someone who compared it to other dress codes, like maybe in the past it was important for people to wear certain clothes and it was shameful to not do this, maybe it's similar.

I wonder what kids think when they run around with hijabs on them if they think their parents are forcing it or something.
In some way banning it is going against freedom of religion right? Cus then it's hard to express your faith. There are verses in the koran I think that this comes from, it's obviously a part of the religion.
¨
I know someone on tv who complained when a female politican went to Iran with other politicians and wore the Hijab cus he thought it sent a bad message to people at home, but I'm like what was she supposed to do? Maybe people are too sensitive about it.
Maybe a part of banning it is not just about oppression against women through wearing a piece of cloth but also because they don't like that culture.

Sorry for making long posts. I'm not quite at AIM64 level yet though.

It's interesting when you talk about religion and things that don't go well in a "modern" society, like do you need to be against homosexuality if you are a christian? Cus if you are people are gonna think you are in some hategroup.

It does seem like people want to and I think they should be allowed to if they do.

I don't think it should be forced, regardless of religion.
I know some examples where people film kids at daycare to inform their parents if they have had the hijab on or not. That's not right.

Last edited:

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm tired so I tried to come up with something that could entertain me, I know there are some Burka bans and stuff and people are protesting, I don't know where I stand on this, Burka is a symbol of oppression right?
It's about as oppressive as western society saying women shouldn't dress like whores.In other words, it's a matter of decency and chastity.

So do people who are muslims actually want to wear it? Can you call yourself religious and NOT wear the burka? Like are you allowed to do that?
no, I don't think you have a right to go calling yourself religious if you're not going to practice the mandatory parts of the religion while inciting evil and lust in men around you.
I'm sure you could compromise, I don't think the burka is acceptable at work and stuff for example so you kinda need to take it off anyway. Should you respect it as some necessary pain, like some holy tradition? I think being against it seems more right than being for it. But I'm not muslim so I don't know.[
First off, women shouldn't be working for the most part, that's a man's role to provide for himself and the women in his family. That said, western society has gone against traditional values that were set in place by Christianity and convinced feminists that getting a job is better than being a stay at home mother. Shockingly, God was right, who would have thought a women fulfilling her natural role would lead to happiness?

Not only that, women with children also work, leaving the kid's in the care of strangers, which creates behavioral problems and a sense of detachment/abandonment from the parent's. If one parent is enough to provide for the kids, the mother shouldn't be working as her job is to take care of the kids.

But to address what you said, no I don't think it should be banned in the work place. It's just an article of clothing, so why pick it out specifically amidst all the other types of clothing? I mean, for God's sake, you have faggots in their parades wearing BDSM gear and sexualizing children, and you want to tell me a women dressing modestly is something to be shunned? I guess the west is all for that considering the *** positivity nonsense has done nothing but harm society.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's about as oppressive as western society saying women shouldn't dress like whores.In other words, it's a matter of decency and chastity.

no, I don't think you have a right to go calling yourself religious if you're not going to practice the mandatory parts of the religion while inciting evil and lust in men around you.

First off, women shouldn't be working for the most part, that's a man's role to provide for himself and the women in his family. That said, western society has gone against traditional values that were set in place by Christianity and convinced feminists that getting a job is better than being a stay at home mother. Shockingly, God was right, who would have thought a women fulfilling her natural role would lead to happiness?

Not only that, women with children also work, leaving the kid's in the care of strangers, which creates behavioral problems and a sense of detachment/abandonment from the parent's. If one parent is enough to provide for the kids, the mother shouldn't be working as her job is to take care of the kids.

But to address what you said, no I don't think it should be banned in the work place. It's just an article of clothing, so why pick it out specifically amidst all the other types of clothing? I mean, for God's sake, you have faggots in their parades wearing BDSM gear and sexualizing children, and you want to tell me a women dressing modestly is something to be shunned? I guess the west is all for that considering the *** positivity nonsense has done nothing but harm society.
xD...

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wasn't joking. I'm serious about everything I wrote.
Ok so, I disagree women shouldn't be working, working at home is still work but a real job is important for anyone to have, who cares about kids health?
Also, people who dress inappropiately is a problem in itself, it's not just about religion, if people are half naked that can be distrubing too. I'm not saying Burkas should be banned from work places but I can understand bosses having a dress code.
I didn't understand the first thing you said.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok so, I disagree women shouldn't be working, working at home is still work but a real job is important for anyone to have
I'm not against that, but it shouldn't be their priority/life goal.

who cares about kids health?
Considering they're the next generation, and considering the negative effects of not spending a lot of time with one's parent's, I'd say everyone should be caring about kids health. I'm kinda shocked you even said this.

Also, people who dress inappropiately is a problem in itself, it's not just about religion, if people are half naked that can be distrubing too. I'm not saying Burkas should be banned from work places but I can understand bosses having a dress code.
Except there is not a single job you can point out where a burka has to be removed for the job to be done properly. IF you are referring to the face being covered, that's not a mandatory part of Islam.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm not against that, but it shouldn't be their priority/life goal.

Considering they're the next generation, and considering the negative effects of not spending a lot of time with one's parent's, I'd say everyone should be caring about kids health. I'm kinda shocked you even said this.

Except there is not a single job you can point out where a burka has to be removed for the job to be done properly. IF you are referring to the face being covered, that's not a mandatory part of Islam.
Parents health > Kids health, a little pain makes them grow up and become better people for a better future.

I know people who wants to work but they are in the system and people tell them they shouldn't cus it would be too stressfull, I find that awful, working is a valuable experience, at least trying to work, I would lose my mind if I didn't have a job and was stuck with taking care of kids instead.

Yea I guess Burkas could work at most places, I'm sure, but if I was female and the owner of a cafe told me not to wear dark clothes that covers my body then I would obey that.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Parents health > Kids health
lmao NO!!! When someone becomes a parent, their kids well being comes before their own. If they don't want to make that sacrifice, then they shouldn't be parents.

a little pain makes them grow up and become better people for a better future.
Nope, depending on the situation, it leads to mental disorders, drug abuse, criminal activities, isolation, abandonment issues, and a plethora of other negative effects that will just go on to effect generation after generation.

I know people who wants to work but they are in the system and people tell them they shouldn't cus it would be too stressfull, I find that awful, working is a valuable experience, at least trying to work, I would lose my mind if I didn't have a job and was stuck with taking care of kids instead.
I'm not saying mothers shouldn't work necessarily. But once they have kids, they should focus on them for 18 years and then go back to finding a job if they still have the energy and youth to do so. But women nowadays do it in reverse, they spend their youth building up their careers, and then have kids in their late 30s, but by then, these women have become old, tired, and impatient, which will in most cases lead to a more strained relation with the children they birth. And I can attest to this, as the oldest of 7 kids, I can tell my mother's energy and patience with me was greater than with my younger siblings, which would be an issue for their developmental health if I wasn't around to help her look after them.

At the same time, I'm saying that women shouldn't feel pressured into finding a job as it is a man's responsibility to look after them. Feminism has caused most women to view being a mother who looks after her kids as a bad thing, just look at how single mothers who barely see their kids are praised by feminsits even though this leads to a higher chance of suicidal tendencies, failing at education, and other effects.

Yea I guess Burkas could work at most places, I'm sure, but if I was female and the owner of a cafe told me not to wear dark clothes that covers my body then I would obey that.
But youre nor a woman or a muslim, and wth would it matter what one wore in a cafe?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
lmao NO!!! When someone becomes a parent, their kids well being comes before their own. If they don't want to make that sacrifice, then they shouldn't be parents.

Nope, depending on the situation, it leads to mental disorders, drug abuse, criminal activities, isolation, abandonment issues, and a plethora of other negative effects that will just go on to effect generation after generation.

I'm not saying mothers shouldn't work necessarily. But once they have kids, they should focus on them for 18 years and then go back to finding a job if they still have the energy and youth to do so. But women nowadays do it in reverse, they spend their youth building up their careers, and then have kids in their late 30s, but by then, these women have become old, tired, and impatient, which will in most cases lead to a more strained relation with the children they birth. And I can attest to this, as the oldest of 7 kids, I can tell my mother's energy and patience with me was greater than with my younger siblings, which would be an issue for their developmental health if I wasn't around to help her look after them.

At the same time, I'm saying that women shouldn't feel pressured into finding a job as it is a man's responsibility to look after them. Feminism has caused most women to view being a mother who looks after her kids as a bad thing, just look at how single mothers who barely see their kids are praised by feminsits even though this leads to a higher chance of suicidal tendencies, failing at education, and other effects.

But youre nor a woman or a muslim, and wth would it matter what one wore in a cafe?
Ok you are making some pretty good points.
Some cafes don't want you to have "sad" clothes on.
Someone from Iran was adamant her workers had jeans and tshirt on for some reason.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's for the same reason women accepted to be treated as inferior in Medieval Era Europe: tradition tells it should be like this. And they aren't brave enough to reason that it hurts their universal rights.

It's the same thing as a slave being against emancipation.

Last edited:

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's a false equivalence.

Just where does a woman's responsibility for a man's lust toward her end? Sure, if I am trying to have a peaceful dinner in the park, and a girl is naked and crawling all over me, then she's clearly making an effort. If a woman wears tight fitting and revealing clothing, she is probably wanting to be noticed. Even so - that doesn't give men excuse to abandon the ethics and morals which govern the conduct between men and women.

When you are at the point where women showing their face, or even the overall body structure of a female, is considered 'provoking' men and making it the woman's responsibility to 'not make herself a target' - you have let yard animals take over your culture. Women don't need a burka in that setting, they or the few good men remaining need a scythe to strike down the criminals and bring order to the savages.

There is some common ground to be found, here.

It's not that I don't think women should be working - women willing to jump in and get the job done are awesome and infinitely preferable to dolls, wall flowers, or simple breed stock. It's that men are failing when women -must- be the ones to step up and answer. As you said - that is our biological role as men.
Working with women, while preferable, introduces a number of its own complications. I will not deny that I am a bit of a sexist - I certainly prefer the company of women to men. Depending on the task - I think the male/female unit working together functions extremely well. Men tend to have a very linear and organized approach to breaking down a task while women tend to naturally fall into a supporting role - such as going to grab the tool designed to solve the problem as the guy is going raging-monkey on an uncooperative machination.

However, men also have an unfair preference for women. It should be rather easy to see with the games and media I like - I prefer to set up all female teams. That's a problem, as in the real world, men and women are not simple cameos over otherwise equal stats. Of the numerous people I have rotate through my station as temporary labor help, the men tend to be far more quick studies and tend to have far fewer problems physically performing the demands of the job. I show a guy what is going on once, and he's usually figuring things out on his own. I show a girl... and I usually have to come back around and explain things a little better after I get that look of ".... help?" from across the aisle.

Generally speaking, men should dominate the position I am in if we are going strictly according to performance. That said - there is a certain sort of 'romance' (situational, not really interpersonal) to the idea of a woman succeeding in a man's world. Male fantasy stories are dominated by women who are the equals of men in the world of work and contest. If the role of men and women is mutually supportive of each other, it makes sense that men would want to try and advance women into roles they are not the superior performers in simply for the sake of that romantic ideal of pure egalitarianism.

Which is cute when a girl is struggling to cut steel banding a guy of even lighter build can snap right off.... dangerous when you have women expected to stand toe-to-toe with picks against ore veins and other such pursuits. The pursuit of idealism has a cost.

Again, I don't completely disagree. However, the concept of 'work' and 'career' has also changed, or, rather, been dominated by the masculine role. The 'working woman' of the West came out of both the Industrial Revolution and the Post-Depression War economies of the West as men were rounded up to go kill each other and women left to figure out how to produce the means. That was literally displacing men with women in a male career path.

Women are far more than simple child-bearers, and can aspire to more in their lives - should, I would argue. The question is how to integrate this with the rather obvious realization that women must ultimately be the bearers of children in society.

There are few greater tragedies, in my mind, than the conclusion a few great young women I know, personally, have arrived at... that the world would be better off if they didn't have children. This is probably one of the most horrifying things to hear from someone - particularly women who I have recognized as extremely intelligent and well mannered. If ANYONE should be having kids at some point in their life - it should be them.

Consider how heinous it is... girls are raised to believe the world is on the edge of disaster, that their problems are centered around men, etc. Then, those who are particularly intelligent and have a sense of responsibility decide to take it upon themselves to end their family lineage. Tens... hundreds... of thousands of years... millions of years of men and women fighting against the odds to come to this day... only to have their daughters give up on the idea of life succeeding.

While the slobbering masses who can barely process existentialism reproduce ad-nausea. It's enough to drive a person like myself to spitting anger, dropping meteors on heads.

Stand by on the sexualizing of children thing. Lot of people getting ready to go to jail for that nonsense.

While I would disagree with the statement that the Burka should be banned in public - what I would say is that within America, at the very least, all cultures are subject to the law. The law states that there are certain liberties afforded to citizens, and that no legal structure, national, state, or local, can act against them. This has been upheld in the court of law. I can't sign a contract that binds me to indentured servitude. I am free to quit that 'job' and work at another.

As such, no religious group has authority to violate those liberties, either. A church, for example, can't fine me or deprive me of property I own as a consequence for violating some religious tenant. They can decide not to let me back in the building - but there are limits to what consequences can precipitate from a religious organization. As such - a muslim community could not impose legal consequences on a woman who refused to wear a Burka from among them. They may not have to let her into their mosque and/or be able to kick her out of the house - but any kind of vigilantism or extra-legal penalty system is against the law.

You will see this come into effect as certain religious groups (not just one) within the U.S. are dealt with rather harshly for having their own system of underground laws and codes used to pass judgment on 'members' outside the bounds of the laws established as set forth by the U.S. Constitution.

Likewise, there are dress requirements for any job. I can't wear loose fitting clothing in the factory because it can get caught on stuff and pull me into a machine. That... and if you want to wear a burka in a factory during the heat of August... have fun with that. Even the locals of the Persian Gulf thought we were fucking insane for working at high noon and sweating through it.

Other jobs require you to be visible. A burka destroys most of that.

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Banning clothing is unconstitutional. There is freedom of religion and freedom of expression. Restrictive clothing at work is another topic altogether, but if they ban religious attire, then it must be across the board for it to not violate civil rights.

The most common argument against burkas is that we can't see the person's face, therefore it poses danger because what happens if they decide to commit a crime?

The problem with that logic is that banning burkas or masks isn't going to stop criminals from wearing them.

rollin

Elite
Kin
25💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I live in Texas and work right next to a mosque

They usually wear them whenever they want,most of them only wear them on Friday.
Its their choice

Funky Tiger

Veteran
Kin
41💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
we should all dress in glorious soviet military regalia and sacrifice the blood of bourgeoisie at the altar of communism tbh

You must be registered for see images