Did no one know Kushina was a Jinchurinki?

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because if the village knew she was, than surely they'd understand the 9-tails attack on the village was not a natural disaster caused by the increase of human malice around the world. Rather, they'd realize the Kyuubi was separated from the Jinchurinki somehow, most likely because Kushina was killed. At least that's what I'd expect they would assume.

The story that the Kyuubi came forth to attack because of an increase in human malice would directly imply the beast was free and not anchored in a jin. This would directly imply they believed the Kyuubi was free. So what's the deal? Were all the villagers ignorant to Kushina being the Jin? Certainly they weren't ignorant of Naruto being the Jinchurinki so that sounds unlikely. Not only Naruto, but since the time of the First hokage, it should have been well known the Kyuubi was sealed in succession, since Mito Uzumaki was the first.

Thoughts on this? Was it a lapse on Kishi's part?

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sounds lapsy like why would people consider it natural disaster if it was supposed to be sealed. Surely what hashi did was famous
Exactly, it makes the village as a whole sound completely ignorant. Now prior to the age of Jinchurinki, surely that legend would make sense, but once the jinchurinki system was implemented, they should have learned better.

Genocide

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because if the village knew she was, than surely they'd understand the 9-tails attack on the village was not a natural disaster caused by the increase of human malice around the world. Rather, they'd realize the Kyuubi was separated from the Jinchurinki somehow, most likely because Kushina was killed. At least that's what I'd expect they would assume.

The story that the Kyuubi came forth to attack because of an increase in human malice would directly imply the beast was free and not anchored in a jin. This would directly imply they believed the Kyuubi was free. So what's the deal? Were all the villagers ignorant to Kushina being the Jin? Certainly they weren't ignorant of Naruto being the Jinchurinki so that sounds unlikely. Not only Naruto, but since the time of the First hokage, it should have been well known the Kyuubi was sealed in succession, since Mito Uzumaki was the first.

plot hole, same reason why kishi called shukaku a sand spirit and kurama a demon in pt 1

NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakashi noted that Konoha was so covert about revealing information in regards to the Jinchuuriki, so it's no surprise that everyone was ignorant about Kushina's presence as the Jinchuuriki.

Given that, I'm going to have to presume that no one was aware of it.

Like Naruto

Regular
Kin
854💸
Kumi
126💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

1. if the villagers know that kushina was a jinchuriki they would never let her stay to the village she is a imigrant they can kick her out, perhaps this is the elders fault but would you blame the elders? If they know the third could protect her with minato?

2. Do you really think if the villagers know that kushina was the jinchuriki and the 9 tails was a natural disaster it would change anything? I mean really either they know or not its bound to happen of the release of the 9 tails to village.. Naruto might survive but konoha people will hate him more than before they wont just kushina they will also hate minato , because they have more reason to hate they would put all of it to naruto

You cant call them ignorant or anything bad if they just wanna feel protected in their own home... I mean 1-3 wars before minato stop it..

Last edited:

Queen of Bananas

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
people don't give a shit about the roots or try to understand. they see the consequence and 9/10 times choose to react the way the want. very few people have the wisdom to understand things and then create a judgement.

VVolfVVarrior

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kushina mentioned that when she came to Konoha none knew about it, not even Sannins. Only Elders knew reason she is there. Some things are better kept as secret.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakashi noted that Konoha was so covert about revealing information in regards to the Jinchuuriki, so it's no surprise that everyone was ignorant about Kushina's presence as the Jinchuuriki.

Given that, I'm going to have to presume that no one was aware of it.
Kushina mentioned that when she came to Konoha none knew about it, not even Sannins. Only Elders knew reason she is there. Some things are better kept as secret.
Well yes, its clear the Sanin did not know because both times the 'natural disaster' idea is mentioned, its by Jiraiya:

You must be registered for see images

The fact that Jiraiya didn't know despite the fact that he was so close to Kushina and Minato is crazy.

So does this mean no one was aware of what Hashirama did to balance power among the nations? How he controlled the Biju and gifted them to each village in order to balance levels of power?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It's called Retcon and Kishi did it a bit.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
During Kushina's time it was kept hush hush in her class as much as naruto's in part 1.
The only thing she was really noted for was her special chakra to subdue biju powers, but the higher ups knew about her being a jinchuuriki.

So they called it a disaster but didn't know that Tobi was taming all along.

SenseiSama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kurama never attacked the village prior to Naruto's birth so no one feared her since she was in full control of Kurama unlike Gaara.

Alright the fact they kept her birth secret suggests not everyone in the village knew she was anjin, just the elite and K11.

And bijuu are mythological creatures so it's natirak that people would have takes of Kurama that aren't true. Like him appearing when everyone is full of hatred lol

NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well yes, its clear the Sanin did not know because both times the 'natural disaster' idea is mentioned, its by Jiraiya:

The fact that Jiraiya didn't know despite the fact that he was so close to Kushina and Minato is crazy.

So does this mean no one was aware of what Hashirama did to balance power among the nations? How he controlled the Biju and gifted them to each village in order to balance levels of power?
I honestly do not know. That's a very good question, but I'd say they weren't aware. Chiyo explaining how Bijuu, once scattered throughout the Shinobiverse were now equally distributed seemed to imply that most didn't know about it, not even Kakashi did.

ninjarasengan

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

1-The Manga literally reveals that Kushina's Jnchuuriki status was kept secret. And it was implied that Mito's was as well...Shinobi actually saw Minato seal Kurama into Naruto so...

2-Supposedly Kurama's reputation of appearing and attacking areas filled with Human malice has been around since 'ancient times' Konoha was only a little over 60 years old so...plus Kurama was later revealed to have malice/negative emotion sensing.

Last edited:

davidou

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1-The Manga literally reveals that Kushina's Jnchuuriki status was kept secret. And it was implied that Mito's was as well...Shinobi actually saw Minato seal Kurama into Naruto so...

2-Supposedly Kurama's reputation of appearing and attacking areas filled with Human malice has been around since 'ancient times' Konoha was only a little over 60 years old so...plus Kurama was later revealed to have malice/negative emotion sensing.
I agree with that, Kushina even said that only 3 people knew that she was brought to Konoha to replace the actual jinchuriki that was dying from age.Only Hiruzen and the 2 elders knew Kushina was a jin, and it is implied that only them knew Mito was a jin.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's called Retcon and Kishi did it a bit.
I don't think this case classifies as a retcon. I suppose I just made the wrong initial assumption on it.

I agree with that, Kushina even said that only 3 people knew that she was brought to Konoha to replace the actual jinchuriki that was dying from age.Only Hiruzen and the 2 elders knew Kushina was a jin, and it is implied that only them knew Mito was a jin.
When they talked about the secrecy involving Kushina, I recalled they were talking about the preparations for her birth. Now I understand they were talking about her reason for being brought to the village in the first place. I guess it makes sense that no one knew she was the jin knowing the reason for being brought to Konoha in the first place was top secret.