Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
+And The Heavens Shall Tremble+

Two decades have passed since the demonic lords, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, set out across the world of Sanctuary on a vicious rampage, twisting humanity to their unholy will. Yet for those who battled the Prime Evils, the memory fades slowly.

You must be registered for see images

Yes boys and girls! The Evil truly is on our doorsteps!
Diablo III is on it's way with a very promising aproach. But for all those who have no idea what Diablo is, no worries! I have arranged and intro for your. So let's start with that.

What is Diablo and why the fudge should I care?

Diablo is a dark fantasy-themed action role-playing game developed by Blizzard North and released by Blizzard Entertainment on November 30, 1996.

Set in the fictional Kingdom of Khanduras, located in the world of Sanctuary, Diablo has the player take control of a lone hero battling to rid the world of Diablo, the Lord of Terror. Beneath the town of Tristram, the player journeys through sixteen dungeon levels, ultimately entering Hell itself in order to face Diablo.

An expansion pack, entitled Diablo: Hellfire, was released in 1997, although it was not created by Blizzard Entertainment. This was followed by a sequel, Diablo II, in 2000, and a third game, Diablo III, was announced on June 28, 2008, at Blizzard's World Wide Invitational in Paris, France.

And I will mix Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo II Expansion and Diablo III to this thread to make it more simple.

So what kind of a game is Diablo, something like Halo?

Diablo is one of the best-known examples of the action-RPG sub-genre. Although players level up, choose character classes, and manage a variety of spells and equipment as in a typical RPG, all actions are done in real time, as in an action game. Diablo in some ways resembles roguelike games, though major differences include the commercial quality of the game's graphics, the fact that it plays in real time rather than as turn-based, that games can be restored after the player dies where most roguelikes feature permadeath, and Diablo's relatively short learning curve. Diablo was influenced by Moria and Angband. The majority of commands in Diablo, such as moving and attacking, are executed by mouse clicks; however, learned spells can be assigned hot keys.

Gameplay is structured around a monster-filled dungeon located near the town of Tristram. In town, players may rest, buy items, and repair equipment. There are sixteen levels of the dungeon, divided into four areas. Each area has a different appearance, architecture, light level, monster mix, and musical soundtrack. The first level of each of these areas has an additional exit leading back up to the town of Tristram. In single player, these entrances are blocked until the character opens them from the dungeon side, and the entrance is available for two-way travel from then on. In multiplayer, the entrances to town all start in their "open" position, but with a level requirement to access them from town.

Diablo is highly re-playable due to its randomly generated level layouts, monsters, and items. In addition, in single-player mode there are only three core quests as the rest of them are drawn from several pools, making it impossible to complete every quest in one playthrough of the game. Either way, only the last two quests are compulsory. Given this arrangement, no two playthroughs of the game are ever exactly alike.

Hey, this sounds like fun! But who is this Hero?

The three character classes of Diablo are the warrior, rogue, and sorcerer. Each character, following typical role-playing conventions, has his or her own particular traits. The warrior possesses physical strength, the rogue has high dexterity, and the sorcerer is oriented towards magic.

Diablo II allows the player to choose between five different character classes: Amazon, Necromancer, Barbarian, Sorceress, and Paladin. Each character has different strengths and weaknesses and sets of skills to choose from, as well as varying beginning attributes.

I'm going to present you the characters of Diablo II. At the picture, from left to right.

* The Amazon hails from the islands of the Twin Seas, near the border of the Great Ocean. The class is based on the Amazons of Greek mythology. She is similar to the Rogue of Diablo: both primarily use bows, and both make equal use of strength and magic. The Amazon can also use javelins and spears. Many of her passive skills are defensive in nature, especially Dodge, Avoid, and Evade.

* The Necromancer is a versatile death-themed spell caster. Necromancers are the priests of the Cult of Rathma from the Eastern jungles. His Summoning skills allow him to raise skeletons, create golems, and resurrect dead monsters to fight alongside him. The Necromancer possesses powerful poison spells, which rapidly drain life from afflicted monsters. He also has "Bone" skills, which directly damage enemies, while bypassing most resistances. His Curses also afflict the enemy with debilitating status ailments, sowing confusion and chaos in their ranks.

* The Barbarian is a powerful melee fighter from the steppes of Mount Arreat. He is an expert at frontline combat, able to absorb great punishment, and is the only class capable of dual-wielding weapons. His Combat Masteries allow him to specialize in different types of weapons, and also passively increase his resistance, speed, and defense. His Warcries dramatically increase the combat effectiveness of him and his party, as well as afflicting status ailments on enemies. He has a variety of Combat Skills at his command, most of which focus on delivering great force upon a single foe.

* The Sorceress hails from a rebellious coven of female witches who have wrested the secrets of magic use from the male-dominated mage clans of the East. She can cast ice, lightning and fire spells. Nearly all of these skills are offensive in nature, besieging the enemy with elemental calamity. Her Cold Skills can freeze enemies solid and bypass resistances, but do less damage than lightning or fire. The Sorceress's Teleport spell allows her to instantly travel to a new destination, making her very difficult to hit. The strong point of the Sorceress is her damaging spells and casting speed; her weakness is her relatively low hit points and defense.

* The Paladin is a crusader from the Church of Zakarum, fighting for the glory of the Light. To reflect this, the zealous Paladin's combat skills range from fanatical attacks to heavenly thunderbolts. His skills are split into Combat Skills, Defensive Auras, and Offensive Auras. His auras have a range of abilities, such as increasing damage, or resisting magic attacks, or boosting defense. The Paladin's auras affect all party members. The Paladin is highly proficient in the use of a shield, and is the only character that can use it as a weapon. The Paladin also has specialized skills for eliminating the undead.

The expansion presented two new classes, The Druid and The Assassin.

But no game is worth playing without Multiplayer!!

No worries!
Diablo II can be played multiplayer on a LAN or Battle.net. Unlike the original Diablo, Diablo II was made specifically with online gaming in mind. Several spells (such as auras or war cries) multiply their effectiveness if they are cast within a party, and dungeons, although they still exist, were largely replaced by open spaces.

And people still play this game ;)

So basically this game is about destroying the Evil from hell and I combined Diablo and Diablo II to this introduction.
But let us go to the main subject in hand...the upcoming, so long waited Diablo III!!

Alright, you got me interested. Come on tell me moar?!

Diablo III is similar in style to its predecessor, Diablo II. The proprietary engine will incorporate Blizzard's custom in-house physics, a change from the original usage of Havok's physics engine, and feature destructible environments with an in-game damage effect. The developers are aiming to make the game run on a wide range of systems, and have stated that DirectX 10 will not be required.

Diablo III will use a custom 3D game engine in order to present an overhead view to the player, in a somewhat similar way to the isometric view used in previous games in the series. Enemies will utilize the 3D environment as well, in ways such as crawling up the side of a wall from the depths into the combat area.

An enhanced quest system, a random level generator, and a random encounter generator are slated for use in order to ensure the game provides different experiences when replayed. Overall, the game will include both static and randomly generated levels.
Additionally, there will be class-specific quests to go along with the main storyline quests. Blizzard originally planned to have in-game cutscenes, but decided these would divert from the gameplay and decided against them. Two new armor pieces will be available: shoulder plates and leggings.

Unlike previous iterations, gold can be picked up merely by touching it, rather than having to manually pick it up. Sidekicks, unlike Diablo II, are now distinct NPCs who join the player, rather than randomly-generated and endlessly replaceable hires.

One of the new features intended to speed gameplay is that health orbs drop from enemies, replacing the need to have a potion bar, which itself is replaced by a skill bar that allows a player to assign quick bar buttons to skills and spells; previously, players could only assign two skills (one for each mouse button) and had to swap skills with the function keys. Players can still assign specific attacks to mouse buttons.

Skill Runes, another new feature, are skill-modifying items that are randomly dropped by monsters and used across all classes. Similar to runes in Diablo II but instead of changing equippable items, they can be attached to skills as though they are items, often completely changing the gameplay of each skill. They also have the ability to make one particular spell in each class more powerful, and give the player options as to how the rune will enhance a particular spell. For example, investing Skill Runes on the Wizard's "Lightning" can allow the players to make the lightning jump towards additional enemies, or, alternatively, adding the runes with explosion effect blows the enemy up and causes damage to the surrounding area.

So it will have better looks,quest system and combat. What else?!

Artisans are NPCs who sell, craft and enhance equipment. Three types of Artisans can be acquired by completing a quest for each: a blacksmith, a mystic, and a jeweler. Artisans create items using materials the player can gather by scrapping acquired items and reducing them to their component parts. Unlike Diablo II, rare and magic items can be enhanced, not just basic weaponry and armor. These materials are used to create items which will have random bonuses. Crafting can also be used to train and improve the skills of the artisans rather than create new items. When Artisans gain new levels, their shop reflects their higher skill level. The process of salvaging items into materials also make inventory management easier. Blizzard stated that this crafting system was designed so that it would not slow down the pace of the game.

I'm hooked! Show me the mother****ing Heroes already!!

There will be five available character classes:
The Barbarian, the Witch Doctor, the Wizard, the Monk and the Demon Hunter. The Barbarian is the only class that Blizzard is planning to bring back from Diablo II for the initial release. Blizzard has also stated that the Monk is not related in any way to the Monk class from the Sierra Entertainment-made Diablo: Hellfire expansion. The Archivist was presented on April 1, 2009 following Blizzard's April Fool's Day joke tradition.

In the previous two games each class had a fixed gender, but in Diablo III players may choose the gender they would like to play. Although Blizzard initially revealed only one gender per class, the alternate gender has been revealed slowly in the lead-up to the game's release. Currently, four of the five announced classes have had both their male and female form revealed. At Blizzcon 2010, the fifth class was revealed to be the Demon Hunter, but only the female form appears on the official website as of 30 January 2011.

We can only wait for this awesome 3rd part of this amazing game saga.
The Release date has been rumored to be Q4 2011 but another rumor clamed that it will go all the way to 2012 but all I want is for this game to be finished in peace and patience.
I'm sure this game will be the ultimate bomb.

Here is a link to the official Dialo III webpage incase you want to take a closer look to characters, monsters, environment but I will post couple of cool gameplay videos to make you drool.

I wanted to bring this to everyones attention and I hope I did a good job. Please share your opinions here, ask questions and enjoy ^^
Have fun and I hope every Diablo fan here apprechiates my try to make a thread and I know it's filled with boring text but I will take requests how to make this thread look better.
All you Diablo virgins...I hope you popped with a style.

Zerabitu xxx

most of this information was gathered from the official site as well from Wikipedia and personal experience.​

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Diablo Gameplay Videos
Enjoy!

Random Gameplay presenting the basics and The Barbarian, Witchdoctor and their female versions aswell.

Gameplay of The Monk Class.

Random Diablo II With Commentary

Diablo III Demon Hunter

Last edited:

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Artwork

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When will Diablo III be released?

"It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players. We're aiming to release Diablo III on both Mac and Windows simultaneously in as many regions as possible, and to localize the game in several languages. We'll have more details to share about countries, languages, and specific dates as we get closer to release."

It's from their official website but they said that late 2011 would be very promising but there have been rumors that it would move to 2012.
I hope for a sooner release but I also hope they don't rush it.
Well...they have been making this game over 10 years now xd

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
DiabloFans Presents the Male Demon Hunter

Diablo Fans is proud to give the world an exclusive first look at the Male Demon Hunter! These screenshots and interview with Diablo III developers can only be found at
Check It Out!!​

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wizard

Owing to my lack of tolerance for those who would use magic towards their own nefarious ends, many have assumed that I am averse to the practice of the magical arts on a philosophical level. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My quarrel is with those sorcerers who dismiss the ancient traditions and teachings – teachings that have been honed over millennia in order to preserve respect for authority and the rule of law.

Recently the youth of Caldeum have fallen prey to the overblown stories of just such a delinquent wizard. That is correct: I used the uncouth term wizard, not sorcerer. It seems that even the title of a civilized magic wielder is too restrictive for this young upstart. Through my contacts at the Yshari Sanctum of the mage clans, I am one of the few who actually know the truth behind the rumors now sweeping our streets regarding this hellion who flaunts her magic irresponsibly.

This wizard was sent here to spend her formative years under the tutelage of the best mages in the world. Well, it seems they neglected to teach our wizard manners on her native island of Xiansai, for she was a rude and uncooperative student from the very beginning. Originally under the guidance of the Zann Esu mage clan, she was eventually handed over to the Vizjerei in the hopes that their strict and unbending discipline would break her anarchic spirit. Yet even the esteemed Vizjerei instructors were unable to rein her in. She was continually being caught seeking out dangerous and forbidden magics, heedless of the consequences to herself or anyone around her.

Although there is no truth to the tales that she actually ventured into the infamous Bitter Depths below the Sanctum, she was caught in the Ancient Repositories, where the most dangerous incantations are housed for the safety of the public. When confronted by the great Vizjerei mage Valthek and demanded to account for herself, she brazenly attacked him rather than face the punishment merited by her acts. Exaggerated stories of the battle are already being inflated to mythic proportions by the more rebellious of our city's youth, but suffice it to say that she did not actually best Yshari's most powerful mage in single, honorable combat. The details of the encounter remain unclear, as Valthek has yet to regain consciousness, but it has been verified by reliable sources that she relied on trickery and deceit to bring the great man low. I have also been assured that the extensive property damage was chiefly the result of Valthek's magical prowess, not the upstart wizard's. As to where she is now, no one rightly knows, for she fled the city immediately after the encounter.

It is not my goal to alarm, but I find this situation disturbing. We now have a rebellious wizard, young and inexperienced, wandering the world, dabbling in powerful magics she does not understand. Those wiser than you or I determined long ago that certain schools of magic were too dangerous and forbade their practice. It is those magics that this wizard seems determined to explore – magics centered on manipulating the primal forces from which reality is constructed. Imagine, a headstrong nineteen-year-old youth, able to warp time itself to her will! The thought is truly terrifying. It is my honest hope that this self-styled wizard chooses never to return to Caldeum.​

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reviving for great justice. Soon time for beta.
I love you. Don't hate me Rei, lulz :p

Alright you mofos, time for some long waited (I hope) updates!

Okay, there is much to discuss but let's start with something that is new to the game.
And I mean, completely a new feature and so forth.
I present you, The Followers.

Followers

In Diablo III, going it alone is a valid option... but it’s not always the safest one.
Having a brave companion at your side might not save you from the tearing claws of your enemies, but it can’t hurt to improve your odds. Fortunately, there are others in Sanctuary willing to risk life and limb to strike out at the nightmares sweeping the land - non-player characters that we call followers who’ll accompany you on your journey and join you into battle.

You'll meet and recruit three followers in Diablo III: the Templar, Kormac, a hulking, spear-wielding warrior following a harsh and unyielding code of ethics; the Scoundrel, Lyndon, a roguish wanderer with a crossbow and a knack for getting into trouble; and the Enchantress, Eirena, a conduit for sorcerous forces capable of empowering you and confusing your enemies.

These heroes aren’t hidden off the beaten path; their stories entwine with yours, and you’ll encounter them all as you traverse the lands of Sanctuary.

Each follower has his or her own agenda and reasons for fighting against the darkness, and you’ll learn more about their histories and motives as you battle alongside them..

Your followers are skilled warriors in their own right, so it’s only proper that they grow in power as they’re pitted against increasingly deadly foes. They’ll gain experience as you fight together, change visually as you provide them with new equipment, and you'll be able to choose new skills for them as they level up.

Only one follower can accompany you at a time, so you’ll want to choose carefully. Though each follower has skills to complement any play style or class, they also possess very different areas of expertise.

For example, the Enchantress can learn to create illusions to draw enemy fire away. The Templar can master the ability to intimidate his foes, slowing them when they close in combat. The Scoundrel can learn to use blinding powder, which can distract enemies or make them easier targets.

Followers act on their own and the skills you select for them will dictate their behavior in combat. They can also equip a variety of items and weapons, including several unique to their class.

Followers are powerful allies in Diablo III. They’ve got skills, gear, levels, personalities and dialogue, and we’ve put a lot of work into the system -- but our goal is to ensure they don't get in your way, outpace you in damage, or outshine your importance to the story. They’re the sidekicks. You’re the hero.

When they’re getting clawed to shreds or gored by demonic spines in your stead, make sure you remind them of that.

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it´s taking soo long for it to come out
Patience my brother. But yes, it has been a rediculously long.
Oh well, I'll do my best to give you all the latest information. I know there is alot already but I want to keep this thread fresh by posting them every now and then :p

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The family beta started yesterday.
"FYI, we’re getting very close to starting the closed public beta test for Diablo III. You might start seeing some new reports about the beta client as we’ve begun limited external testing with employees and their families, and there is no non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for that. We look forward to sharing more info about the beta test in the near future. Stay tuned.

If you have a beta license, you are free to show, share, or talk about any portion of the beta content to which you have access, as this beta test is not confidential."

This is from an official Diablo III based forum.

--

Zerabitu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Runestones

There are more than twenty skills per class, and a player can choose to access up to seven of those skills at any one time. Skills primarily allow characters to perform special attacks and cast spells,
but they can also activate defensive abilities, summon minions, set traps, or allow the player to navigate the battlefield through quick travel and escape mechanics.
While these skills always present players with plenty of tactical options for defending Sanctuary against the coming demonic invasion, runestones allow you to customize skills by changing the way they look and how they function.

There are five runestone types: Crimson, Indigo, Obsidian, Golden, and Alabaster. Each runestone affects skills differently. For example, adding a Crimson Runestone to a skill may enhance its damage, while adding an Alabaster Runestone might add a stun effect.

In addition to their color, runestones also come in different ranks of power; the higher a runestone’s rank, the more dramatic its effect on the skill. Experiment, and discover which skill and runestone combination best suits your personal playstyle.

To see examples of how different runestones enhance your various skills in
Diablo III, check out the skill videos below.

You’ll be able to place a runestone in each of your seven skills by opening the Skills screen.
A rune’s specific effect on a skill is explained through a tooltip.

All Runestone Effects

Explanation of each characters runestones effects.

Whirlwind is an iconic Diablo II skill, wherein the barbarian spins furiously and damages any enemies in his path.

Crimson - Shoots bits of rock and gravel in every direction, dealing area effect damage.
Indigo - Barbarian spawns smaller whirlwinds which deal direct damage.
Obsidian - Provides the barbarian with immunity to immobilizing effects.
Golden - Reduced Fury cost.
Alabaster - Critical strikes confuse enemies, forcing them to attack their allies for a short

Sweeping Wind is a combo skill that lashes out against all enemies surrounding the monk, creating a vortex of damaging wind that increases in damage and radius across three stages.

Crimson - A flurry of blades increases Sweeping Wind's damage.
Indigo - Expands the area of effect and strikes enemies with additional fire-based attacks.
Obsidian - A persistent whirlwind surrounds the monk, dealing damage to any foes that come into contact.
Golden - Increases Spirit regeneration.
Alabaster - A powerful sandstorm billows with the monk's attacks, damaging enemies and knocking them back.

Ray of Frost is a wizard spell that damages and freezes enemies caught in the beam, slowing their movement and attack speed.

Crimson - Beam increases in damage the longer it remains in use, to a cap.
Indigo - Wizard is surrounded by a swirling vortex of sleet, damaging any foes that come into contact.
Obsidian - Decreases beam damage, but increases reduction in target movement and attack speed.
Golden - Arcane Power cost reduced.
Alabaster - Enemies slain by Ray of Frost have a chance to leave an area of ice on the ground where they die, damaging other enemies if they move through it.

Cluster Arrow is a powerful demon hunter tool, as it fires a cluster bomb which explodes on impact, releasing smaller bombs which explode shortly thereafter.

Crimson - Increases the damage of the explosion at the point of impact.
Indigo - Fires enemy-seeking missiles instead of grenades.
Obsidian - The Cluster Arrow is launched high into the air and rains down grenades.
Golden - Instead of grenades, the skill spawns shadow creatures that attack nearby enemies and leech life to the demon hunter.
Alabaster - Adds a stun effect to the grenade explosions.

Acid Cloud is a witch doctor skill that summons an acid-spewing spirit, raining caustic, skin-dissolving death on the unfortunate enemies below.

Crimson - Causes immediate damage instead of a damage over time effect.
Indigo - Increases area-of-effect radius.
Obsidian - Spawns slimes that attack nearby enemies.
Golden - Afflicts enemies with a disease effect that deals damage over time.
Alabaster - The witch doctor belches forth a directional pool of acid.