Kin
86💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Death's Domain is the home of Death, his family; Susan Stery, Amy Ysabell Stery, Nyx Susan Minamoto (who now resides in the Minamoto castle), Akira Mort Stery and Alberto Malich (Death's manservant, butler, and cook).

Everything in Death's Domain is either black, or bone white, with various Skull and Scythe Motifs.
In this 'alternate dimension', time does not pass and splitting darkness with an eight-sided prism produces different colours of black, so objects don't just fade into each other.

Detailed Description that probably won't be read:
Death's Domain is shaped by human expectation and Death's own attempts to have a (for a lack of a better word) life beyond his allotted task.
The first thing visitors notice is that the Domain is black. Everything in Death's Domain is either black, or bone white. In this 'alternate dimension', time does not pass, (it's noted that something passes...but it's not time) and splitting darkness with an eight-sided prism produces different colours of black. He has black peacocks with skull-shaped patterns on their tails, bees, plants and trout. They are all 'alive', as far as they can be in a place where time does not pass.

Everything in the garden is a copy of something Death has seen elsewhere, since He cannot create.
Things that stand out are a swing that he built from scratch, with his own hands, for Ysabell (with some distinct flaws in its design to allow it to actually 'swing', for example it's appears to be a floating branch with a rope swing attached).
Cats, come and go into the Domain as they please and vary in colour (Death likes cats),
He created a golden wheat field that ripples in the wind (despite the fact that there is no wind).
There are also distant mountains, and stars, neither of which belong to the human realm, but the closer you get to them the more they appear to blur.
The Domain gardens also include a hedge maze and a golf course. Since Death finds it impossible to get lost, nor has any difficulty hitting a sphere so it goes exactly where he wants, he doesn't really see the point, but they are part of his efforts to be more human.
There is also Albert's Garden maintained by Albert, he uses it to grow various plants, mostly edible, although majority of the things grown are black, some do get traces of purple and green and Death tries to help Albert adjust a bit. Although Death himself does not eat, Albert and the rest of the family, usually do and Death will sometimes join them if he 'feels' like it.
The Training area, designed and built for the children to train in the various skills required for their tasks, from scythe and sword handling to dragon training, without causing problems elsewhere.
Dragon Forest, where the dragons thrive and survive after being slaughtered to extinction in the Human Realm. Death brought them over when Susan, as she's a dragon tamer, and they have remained ever since her untimely disappearance. Thriving in the forest, Death's family can enter as they please, especially as they can tame dragons themselves, most others are eaten.
The Barn/Stables where, Binky, Death's Steed resides.
named so by Death because it is "a nice name". He is a living horse; Death tried a skeletal steed, but kept having to "stop and wire bits back on". Death also tried a fiery steed, but it repeatedly set his barn and his robe on fire.
Binky is rather more intelligent than most horses and is a pure, milky white (it is noted in some novels that Binky is an exception to the biological rule of "grey" equines). He can fly by just creating his own ground-level, as well as travel through time and across dimensions, sometimes leaving glowing hoofprints in his wake, but is in all other respects a perfectly ordinary horse. He is well-treated, and loyal to his master and Ysabell.
Binky is not immortal, but while in Death's service does not age. Binky gains part of his powers by sharing one of Death's qualities: he's so much "realer" than ordinary things such as walls, great distances, or time that he can simply ignore them (pass through them).

He even has an umbrella stand (despite the fact that it never rains in the Domain, but you have to put your scythe somewhere).
To one side of the Domain is the Well of Souls, which spirits briefly pass through on their way to wherever they think they're going. If one listens, they can hear the last words of souls as they enter.

At the centre of the Domain is Death's house. It is called "Mon Repos", (Quirmian for "my place of rest").
It looks like a fairly average detached house, apart from being black and bone-white and having an omega door knocker.
Inside, however, it is of infinite size, (much larger on the inside, because Death has not quite mastered the art of scale), which can be crossed in an hour or an instant. Most humans who have stayed in the Domain can only deal with the size of the rooms by ignoring them, and staying on small patches of carpet surrounded by immensity. Although the interior maintains the black-on-black, skull-and-scythe motif, it is, like its outside, very ordinary and average in its design.
Some assume that Death's house would look like a mausoleum or a crypt, but in fact Death knows little of cemeteries, as very few people actually die in them.
Any clocks brought into Death's Domain get depressed and stop working. The only working clock is the special grandfather clock in the hall with a scythe for a pendulum. The 'minute' hand takes thousands of years to go around. The 'hour' hand will only go around once. The Inscription on the clock reads; "Too Late".

As well as the 'ordinary' rooms, maintained for appearance and the benefit of Albert, the Domain contains numerous rooms, not accessible to visitors unless given permission, the life-timer room, where the sands of everyone's lives drain away, split into sections of humans, vampires, etc. Off of the life-timer room, there is another room in which the life-timers of the gods rest.
And there is the Library, where everyone's "autobiography" is being written by itself.
Both of these rooms are even more conceptual and arbitrary in dimension than the rest of the Domain, and the clearest example of its status as a refined metaphor.

Death says that he lives in a parasite universe, though his domain does not appear to feed off the main universe in the same manner as the Elves' Fairyland. Most likely it is parasitic because it could not exist without the Human Realm, and everything in it is copied, although not stolen.

...Enjoy ^^

Last edited:

AMystery

Supreme
Kin
86💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nate walks through the estate, towards the fields, his revolver in a holster on his right with various inscriptions on the handle.
Albert: *working on his garden, speaking in an elderly voice* Out for a stroll are we Master Nate?

Ryun sighs. "I never thought I would see this place..." he follows behind akira.
Akira: You did not long ago, in your human state, all souls not collected automatically filter through the well of souls before going to their destined locations, yours being the shinigami realm, but you still go through here...*reaches the house* be careful...the dimensions can really screw with your head in here. I think Mum and Pain are inside....*walks through the front door, Amy, in apparent human form, playing the piano in the music room, Pain sat in soul form nearby*

Last edited:

Makoto Yuki

Supreme
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Does pain soul have consciousness?) Ryun walks into the house. "I don't remember it....." ryun walks though the house until he comes across the music room then he opens the door. "I swear, if you are a supernatural creature, you know how to play the piano...."

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,715💸
Kumi
44,733💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Albert: *working on his garden, speaking in an elderly voice* Out for a stroll are we Master Nate?

Akira: You did not long ago, in your human state, all souls not collected automatically filter through the well of souls before going to their destined locations, yours being the shinigami realm, but you still go through here...*reaches the house* be careful...the dimensions can really screw with your head in here. I think Mum and Pain are inside....*walks through the front door, Amy, in apparent human form, playing the piano in the music room, Pain sat in soul form nearby*
Albert, good to hear you today.

-Nate doesn't turn around to face him, he just looks across the Garden-

AMystery

Supreme
Kin
86💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm just thinking about things Albert...

-He turns his head slightly for a moment-

Do you need help?
Albert: I'll be quite alright thank you Master Nate. Seems you have a lot on your mind at the present moment.

(Does pain soul have consciousness?) Ryun walks into the house. "I don't remember it....." ryun walks though the house until he comes across the music room then he opens the door. "I swear, if you are a supernatural creature, you know how to play the piano...."
(yep, it's pain :p and I play the piano anyway, that's why she plays the piano! >_<)
Akira: you wouldn't...you'd only pass through the well, you stay here if there's a problem, which there wasn't, so quick you wouldn't notice...here they are...in that form it's all she really does when she's not working...*she continues to play*

[video=youtube_share;w-HIz2Sq6T4]http://youtu.be/w-HIz2Sq6T4[/video]

Last edited:

AMystery

Supreme
Kin
86💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-Nate walks over and kneels down-

I can think and work ^_^ Black Broccoli right?
Albert: If you wish Master Nate. I thought it would be a nice compliment to the Black Skulled Chicken and Black Potatoes for the roast later. *he picks up a black broccoli* they've been trying...since Lady Ysabell has taken over there's even beginning to be a tint of purple to them...*continues picking* if there's another vegetable you'd like let me know...

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,715💸
Kumi
44,733💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Albert: If you wish Master Nate. I thought it would be a nice compliment to the Black Skulled Chicken and Black Potatoes for the roast later. *he picks up a black broccoli* they've been trying...since Lady Ysabell has taken over there's even beginning to be a tint of purple to them...*continues picking* if there's another vegetable you'd like let me know...
-He smirks after picking a Broccoli himself and putting it in the bag or whatever is being used to carry them xD-

Throw a Carrot in there hehe Our little secret.