• Poll closed .

DENMON

Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am not sure we are playing the game here because I never voted for Luk and I never made any statements regarding his play in this game or past. I simply stated I remember last time I saw him he was scum and it was done in purpose to gauge his reaction, nothing more and nothing less. The fact that you even came up to such conclusion tells me you either not paying attention to the game or you simply don't care to pay any attention to what is going on and both are scum qualities.

Like this entire post is scummy.
Why does Fait-Accompli being wrong mean that he is red here? Both you and Elmage G Ace used this reasoning, and it is popular reasoning for reds to use from what I have seen, so I am pretty sure that one of you are red.

I call being clearly wrong an 'unlikable' trait, which also includes like low posting, refusing to give thoughts, and other unpopular stuff that reds like to target greens for, as it is easy content to make, and greens don't really look too hard about who is pushing it.

Being wrong about facts in the game are indicative of how well your memory is, not of your alignment. Pushing that angle is scummy.

DENMON

Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This post also does not help your case at all, you come and say you wanna place your vote on me but you don't. Why not? waiting on people to hop into the wagon before you vote? you being careful here and I am not sure why. But you get scummy point for it.

Every post I make is made on the spot while I am catching up, my biggest post is not about talking about mechanic it's to notify people that I don't want to see alot of meta talks because thats what it boiled down into and it does not help anyone here. You say what I post is fluff or you don't like but it's easy to come to a person and say i don't like their post and they mean nothing to me. Everything you say is again seems like a trying to reach for something that is not there.
I did place a vote on you. I PM-ed Michelle it. I assume that we don't need to do the bold thing, but I'll start doing that again if it helps

Your opinion on meta is mechanic talk, if not very similar to mechanic talk. I feel that you could still understand the point I am trying to make.

To make it vehemently clear, I'll summarize your posts on page 8.
P#148 - Has 4 parts (I should really learn how to multiquote)
Part 1) Mechanic talk (or self-talk)
Part 2) Meta on Elmage G Ace (Ironic)
Part 3) Self-talk (The reasoning that I used to scumread Rej originally when Rej said that she essentially knew that her opening was scummy could be used here as well, except this time I never specifically said that his opening was scummy)
Part 4) This is where I got told that Rej was a guy

P#149 - It's a question, and clearly a good one if 2 other people asked the same thing

P#150 - Fluff

P#151 - An actual opinion is here

P#152 - Multiple parts, but it's all based off of some miscommunication

P#153 - 2 parts
Part 1) Mechanic Talk
Part 2) Another question

P#154 - Mostly Mechanic Talk/Meta
You also said that TheLukundo was town, but this wasn't really elaborated

P#155 - Fluff

P#156 - Mechanic Talk

P#157 - Fluff

So you had some questions but questions can be done by both alignments, thought town can really wow the audience with when they do their followup. If the two questions that you asked were asked by multiple people (both of them were), then I bet that it would not have taken a whole lot of effort to come up with those questions.

It's a lot of talk, but little to show.

Tell me if you disagree with my opinions on your posts

DENMON

Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Townies generally are trying to find scum, they do make mistakes every once in a while but your entire reason and logic behind your statements were completely off like you made them up. It wasn't only a misconfusion on me voting Luk or not.

This guys is about to yet drop his read list so far and there is multiple people in my sus list. Stop keep bringing meta talk into every discussion you get into. I am simply reading you based on the posts you are making this game, no need to be stuck up in the meta world cause i don't care for it.
Why is it difficult to believe that it was a mistake? Once he realized that he was wrong, he immediately dropped that entire point of view.

DENMON

Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wouldnt a vet actually interested in catching scum try to look there instead?

I ask because its wierd for me, I am use to people misreading me and my intentions especially d1. I accept I play Mafia far differently from most people, at least on the surface. But given the activity in this game it strikes me as odd to the point i cant judge sincere suspicion from potential fakesolving.

Do you get that feeling too?
Can you give an example

DENMON

Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who would be the regulars. Elmage G Ace should definitely get some more scumreads for his posting. I'm gonna talk more about him later. SoulKiller is also getting a lot of flack but not nearly as much ya.

When people are active, they simple have more posts to react to, and as a result, more scummy posts, especially when they feel good about how they are being read. While low posters also get suspicion for not having enough posts to react to, but that doesn't seem like a problem here.

Being a middle poster is probably the best way to not get lynched day 1.
I'm gonna wait for Elmage G Ace to get past page 6 first lol

I'll keep my eyes on SoulKiller

DENMON

Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone is scum until proven otherwise, that's my philosophy so yes I'll push until something sticks, and naa that's just my style I enjoy replying to alot of posts even if it means little to you the context that gets out of it is helpful for me.

Elmage is the type of guy that does not really post alot of content during DP1, he uses that DP mainly for analyzes. However, come DP2 if he is indeed townie then his reads are usually really good.

Usually my entrance posts are the most fun I get writing, unfortunately for you I did not bring my A game with my intro post but worry not, if fate put us in the same game again then you won't be disappointed.

Rej is a he just FYI
Why did you do meta on Elmage G Ace?

Rej

Veteran
Kin
2,810💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
72 hour DP?, didnt expect this, I will reply later, just woke up, had headaches yesterday and I was almost about to faint so I immediately went to sleep

SoulKiller

Legendary
Kin
2,433💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I ain't replying to your bold posts I might make a post about it later on if i make it before the DP ends or next DP if i survive. Do quotes next time easier.

Why does Fait-Accompli being wrong mean that he is red here? Both you and Elmage G Ace used this reasoning, and it is popular reasoning for reds to use from what I have seen, so I am pretty sure that one of you are red.

I call being clearly wrong an 'unlikable' trait, which also includes like low posting, refusing to give thoughts, and other unpopular stuff that reds like to target greens for, as it is easy content to make, and greens don't really look too hard about who is pushing it.

Being wrong about facts in the game are indicative of how well your memory is, not of your alignment. Pushing that angle is scummy.
Did you even finish the entire back and forth? I push to confirm my suspicions ? you push to see if it's bullshit or they truly a townie mistake.

I did place a vote on you. I PM-ed Michelle it. I assume that we don't need to do the bold thing, but I'll start doing that again if it helps

Your opinion on meta is mechanic talk, if not very similar to mechanic talk. I feel that you could still understand the point I am trying to make.

To make it vehemently clear, I'll summarize your posts on page 8.
P#148 - Has 4 parts (I should really learn how to multiquote)
Part 1) Mechanic talk (or self-talk)
Part 2) Meta on Elmage G Ace (Ironic)
Part 3) Self-talk (The reasoning that I used to scumread Rej originally when Rej said that she essentially knew that her opening was scummy could be used here as well, except this time I never specifically said that his opening was scummy)
Part 4) This is where I got told that Rej was a guy

P#149 - It's a question, and clearly a good one if 2 other people asked the same thing

P#150 - Fluff

P#151 - An actual opinion is here

P#152 - Multiple parts, but it's all based off of some miscommunication

P#153 - 2 parts
Part 1) Mechanic Talk
Part 2) Another question

P#154 - Mostly Mechanic Talk/Meta
You also said that TheLukundo was town, but this wasn't really elaborated

P#155 - Fluff

P#156 - Mechanic Talk

P#157 - Fluff

So you had some questions but questions can be done by both alignments, thought town can really wow the audience with when they do their followup. If the two questions that you asked were asked by multiple people (both of them were), then I bet that it would not have taken a whole lot of effort to come up with those questions.

It's a lot of talk, but little to show.

Tell me if you disagree with my opinions on your posts

Again you are missing the point, every post I make I make for a reason in the beginning is to breed activity and gauge people reaction. Every post is something for me to be able to make judgement and decisions based on how people perceive it so yes whatever you saying is invalid in my opinion.

I like that thought lol

Why is it difficult to believe that it was a mistake? Once he realized that he was wrong, he immediately dropped that entire point of view.
Dude, you do realize I make posts on the spot while catching up and if I push for it, it's to see if it's a townie mistake or not, we clearly addressed that at the end of the back and forth, do you read or just come with the assumption that i refuse to believe it was a mistake when I clearly stated otherwise?

Why did you do meta on Elmage G Ace?
Listen man, at this point I am not sure if you playing dumb or not, I simply answered your question of how he plays, I did not town read him or scum read him based on his meta at all and my problem with meta is when it becomes the main center of discussion about something back and forth and gets too deep which happened. So, just drop this it honestly not helping your case at all if you are indeed a townie.

There is some stuff you mentioned in your bold that pinged me weird and I will address it hopefully if i wake up in time along with my other reads ._. if not then rip man should of not stayed up too late lel.

Fait-Accompli

Kin
95💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmm...there's something about Denmo's posts that giving me bad vibes. I'm not saying he's a scum but I'm sure I'm not putting him on my TR list for now.

I will look further later.

Elmage is giving me good vibes so far.
A Day later, If I understand this site's terrible quoting system, this is Alice's next post

Maybe it's a late response but @DENMON

You mean an answer to this?

The answer is simple. My playstyle the same whether I Randed scum or Town . Elmage can read me better doe. If you want some reference.
Denmon posted plenty in that time, what happened to looking into him further?

Fait-Accompli

Kin
95💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My reply to this
[Game] - Death Note Mafia Game #34 | Page 12 | Anime Forum (animebase.me)

Fait-Accompli said:
I voted him because his name highlighted at the bottom of the page. Figured some kind of posting privilege = quick feedback/engagement

Alice mentioned him because they either are very familiar with each other's playstyles or some kind of appeal to my previous vote.
Contrary to Alice, I did not like this post.

Brought up the possibility of what roles ppl would have e.g. Paranoid Bat Owner. Appearing to be productive, but really this is fueling a discussion which cannot amount to anything and helps no one. :pick:

Appearing but failing to be productive is bad because its apparently less meaningful than talking about birthdays for multiple posts? 🤷 Also me bringing up a role Ive seen before is a hint that Im not new to mafia, but i guess subtlety is a lost cause on the internet.

Fait-Accompli said:
How di you know the people I'm questioning are town? Is that a slip?

You know why I call you lunkundo, because in one game you gladiated me to death despite me breadcrumbing my towniess d1 (something I've already done a lil this game).

You seem incapable of reading me and that's cool but it does seem like several people like my work so far yet you have doubts. Maybe you are trying to spread the very chaos you are accusing me of or you are unwilling to afford to me the very same courtesy you will no doubt claim for yourself.
Other people liking his post doesn’t mean anything and doesn’t prove anything and shouldn’t be a reason for people not to doubt them. The sentence after that is is the equivalent of “NO YOU!” Also, don’t see how courtesy was relevant in this case. Fait seems overly worked up over a small push in the early pages of Day 1. Not a good look if you ask me. :sweat:

The post right after this he ask Denmon to describe his scum game which I feel is yet another unhelpful direction to head towards. How would us knowing Denmon’s self explained meta help in this situation. Anyone can say anything they want about their own meta. XD Really weird question that again looks productive, but upon closer analysis reveals itself to be a lead towards a dead end. :hint:

I kept reading a bit and the scum vibes exploded in that post which attacks Luk’s capacity as player. It’s not a good look to use “You’ll look like a fool if you’re wrong/you’ll get mocked” as a defense in my eyes because it is akin to gaslighting (by means of belittlement). To his credit, Fait did provide an explanation for his behaviour but I don’t buy it.

I’ve never played with either of these people and I can only go based on what I see in front of my eyes O.O And Fait looks like textbook scum. The final nail in the coffin is this post:
I thought in mafia if people liked your arguments it means that they make sense, but I guess demonstrably followable reasoning and tone means less than one's feelings. The context of this post you quote is that the last time Luk and I dealt with each otehr he murdered me while I was in the middle of showing the posts where i breadcrumbed my town role. All of which was confirmed after my green flip. I was trying to gauge if he remembered this and also see if he could accept the notion that maybe he just cant read me (I believe I even mention that openly in a post, you either missed that or are purposefully misconstruing this one in light of it).

Me asking Denmon about his scum game less helpful then talking about your birthday? How does knowing about how Denmon describes his playstyle hurt? Im not looking so much for what he says as how he says it. To me, if comes across as if he's got something to hide its because maybe he's hiding something. Aside if you dont like this strategy for scum hunting you should talk to the mod... I stole it from her.

"Not a good look"? In the context of him gut reading me and his lacking a case, added to my prior point taht maybe he has trouble reading me... yes he flips me he looks bad. There's nothing hard about that to understand.

Fait-Accompli said:
Weve played several games together Luk, tell me, am I outside my town Meta now?
It is a complete 180 from the previous post where he was basically insulting Luk for the mere act of suspecting him and it reveals that he is worried about how he is perceived and staying within the range of what he believes is his town meta. True townie doesn’t have to worry about their meta. :super:

Please note that I will ignore all meta discussing post because it’s easy to have your scum mate lie about your meta ._. I will look at each post with eyes unclouded. :stopit:

Its not the mere act of suspecting me, As already stated here and after our dustup, I was testing him to even see if he remembered me or if he'd try to lie (more specifically because if he did lie and say I was acting like scum Fait, and Ive never randed scum at MU, Id have caught him, now wouldn't I?) :hehehe:

What bothers me about this is you read this interaction, you dont question Luk or myself about it, but rather write this clap trap either by being misguided and incapable of talking to people or this is fake solving. You feign a definitive case but litter it with hedge words like appearing, looks, not a good look instead of just asking me "hey what did you mean by this" or ask Luk, "what did you think about this, what did you mean here". Instead you just dropped this turd and left to go party or something.

You hunt scum in the most convenient and insincere way possible. My issue is trying to decide if thats by accident or on purpose.

Thestatusquo

Veteran
Kin
2,522💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mind elaborating on this bit? How exactly did you come to such conclusion of me and fait being wolf buddies?
as i said, i'm not saying you two are the team right now. but what made me point that out is because of your luk vs fait post where you seemed to imply fait was scummy for his actions (just because he talked about meta) but you never really made a big point about him being scum off of it. basically complaining about his actions, saying they are scummy but you didn't call him scum for it, even though you wrote a lot about it.

i do remember you making a similar post about meta in other games too that would probably help me feel more confident about it in some sort of way, but i can't remember which one it was (or what alignment you were) and i don't really have the time to be surfing games aimlessly.

and then i re-read your earlier posts and placed a vote because you seemed to be struggling with reads and your catchup failed to deliver (imo)

Thestatusquo

Veteran
Kin
2,522💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright just read Luk vs Fait and to be honest I really dislike how meta was heavily discussed, what you do in past games hold little to no meaning to me because a player is always capable of adjusting his playstyle every game. Fair kept using it as some form of defense to counter Luk arguments and to cool the water with the dude.

People linking other games to show them how they behave when they are mafia is also not good in my book. Your actions this game is what will be judged not your past, I could care less about anyone past games on how they performed either as townie or mafia so I don't want to see people defending themselves by using meta as a reason to sway other people opinion because that will only make you look worse in my eyes. If mafia was that simple of a game we would not be playing it now would we?

That being aside I actually like Luk so far.
this whole post reads to me as if you're saying fait is scum but you aren't actually calling him ever a scum for it.

and it's a bit iioa-y too.

read like a partnery interaction in the sense that you aren't calling him scum for it but you wanna be seen like you are pushing him somehow, although that's not really what's happening, it's just you write a bunch of words on him with emotion.

also have a few issues with your progression on luk and denmon but i haven't really paid that much attention to where i can point it out with posts and such... let's just say that your luk read came out of nowhere / there wasn't much of a progression that I could follow, you kinda just put it inside the fait vs luk thing. feel free to prove me wrong if i didn't get it right, but i'm pretty sure that's all you had on luk, and there were no previous posts where you actually said anything important about him.

DENMON

Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Been many years since i saw Deathnote but doesnt the badguy have the ability to kill anyone at any time? Thats why I assumed possibility of a scum daykill.

nikimara, you must have some interesting games here if the default assumption is to take arguably the most active (or second most active) person in the game questioning and challenging people is a scum tell. I suppose rather than pretend to be a newbie or so busy i forgot to play, trying to engage people is all part of a nefarious plot

heres some words you used. "Seemed" "appearing" "I feel" "looks" "not a good look". You seem realy concerned with appearences. There's enough hedges in your case to create a maze.

There something you want to ask me... maybe I can help clear up your... feelings
Third paragraph, where you mention the wording, is something that I do all the time, less so now, but my older games were plagued with such vocab. I think it is just the player's word choice and not AI

DENMON

Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I ain't replying to your bold posts I might make a post about it later on if i make it before the DP ends or next DP if i survive. Do quotes next time easier.

Did you even finish the entire back and forth? I push to confirm my suspicions ? you push to see if it's bullshit or they truly a townie mistake.

Again you are missing the point, every post I make I make for a reason in the beginning is to breed activity and gauge people reaction. Every post is something for me to be able to make judgement and decisions based on how people perceive it so yes whatever you saying is invalid in my opinion.

Dude, you do realize I make posts on the spot while catching up and if I push for it, it's to see if it's a townie mistake or not, we clearly addressed that at the end of the back and forth, do you read or just come with the assumption that i refuse to believe it was a mistake when I clearly stated otherwise?

Listen man, at this point I am not sure if you playing dumb or not, I simply answered your question of how he plays, I did not town read him or scum read him based on his meta at all and my problem with meta is when it becomes the main center of discussion about something back and forth and gets too deep which happened. So, just drop this it honestly not helping your case at all if you are indeed a townie.

There is some stuff you mentioned in your bold that pinged me weird and I will address it hopefully if i wake up in time along with my other reads ._. if not then rip man should of not stayed up too late lel.
I don't understand where the confusion is coming from tbh.

Where did you come to the conclusion that it was a townie mistake?

Third paragraph, I guess what I am trying to say is that you are posting to get responses, but since they aren't AI, then idk how much information you are trying to get, if that makes any more sense. Like if you called someone out as red for some post then you could pursue that cause that is good stuff, but you weren't really doing that until later in the phase, and even then, it was meh.

Also wdym what I am saying is invalid? You make posts for people to react to, and I'm reacting to them, so what's up with that

You're right on the last paragraph though. I was rushing so I missed the context. The point doesn't change though

Fait-Accompli

Kin
95💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My impression so far.. this is a general take, wont be many specifics. Almost like a ... meta of sorts :p (you like that Michelle... hmm? lol)
1. @SoulKiller seems to want to insist if people do not play as dictated then they might be scummy... doesnt seem invested in some of his arguments (see his argument with me). I think this is actually him testing people, rather than fake solving.. bothers me that he isnt employing this on less active people, as if he just assumes they wouldnt respond. Or maybe he did but its left drying in the sun for lacking said response. Null

2. @Rej Impression I get is that Rej cant play much for Real life stuff. Possible, but I cant town read that. null

3. NatsuDragneel123 @DENMON Active and engaged. Very tough to scum read Denmon for that, given his status here an easier scum ploy would be simply less active early on and put it off as schedule issue/disinterest as many of the long time players here seem to be doing. Slight town lean

4. @Fait-Accompli Yes the new guy who likes questioning and sometimes aggravting people all as an elaborate scum ploy because he knows you all so well. :eyeroll:

5. RedGloverKing @Thestatusquo Dont really get what they are trying to do but I recognize that they are doing something. I dont think scum would bother looking odd D1, but maybe thats how they roll. Slight town lean

6. @Ansatsuken contributed very little, if they are busy in RL I dont remember them declaring why. Scum lean.

7. @Alice in Noodleland Likes to talk about herself, although not very often. I get making yourself an approach, but that requires activity/engagement that wasnt followed up on. Seems to like me, but other than that cant think of anything else. Scum lean

8. Avon @Nikamara Made an awful case on me, consisting of cherry picked posts then commented on with 'feels'. Kind of like taking a visit to the low rent district of fake solving. Probably one of those players who thinks gut reading = absolute truth. If town they will make it to the end and lose. Probably scum though.

9. @Elmage G Ace impression is this is maybe the least helpful most helpful person ever. Apparently very busy. Again, cant town read that. Scum lean.

10. @TheLukundo I admit Lukundo is a tough read for me as well, we are perhaps fated to always disagree. I dont think he's scum atm. Stuff like him saying he's got a problem with SK and gonna respond and not doing it strikes me as a town Luk move. I think scum Luk would be more self conscious. But as stated, I have trouble reading him sometimes. slight town lean