Creating an Effective System for Genjutsu

Do you think we need some update for the genjutsu system?

• Total voters

Tsukoshi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
but shouldn't there be a way to escape genjutsu's once your in a genjutsu?
there is, you sacrifice health points by injuring yourself to break the genjutsu's hold on you. Unfortunately it doesn't work on higher level genjutsu, those just can't be broken once in effect (but they also take longer to go into effect so they are more susceptible to Kai).. do you see the balance there?

Ino, as for the sharingan's advantage.. that's most likely going to stay. Fact is, sharingan HAS an advantage against genjutsu. When you fight a sharingan user, you use everything you have EXCEPT genjutsu. At the same time, sharingan has some very interesting weaknesses as well (You'll learn about them when you become a Chuunin in the Hidden Flame Village). Just as a heavily genjutsu user, you will have a harder time fighting Uchiha characters, you just have to learn to adapt. (I also use a fair bit of genjutsu so I have sort of the same situation).

Hellsbadass

Immortal
Kin
8💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
there is, you sacrifice health points by injuring yourself to break the genjutsu's hold on you. Unfortunately it doesn't work on higher level genjutsu, those just can't be broken once in effect (but they also take longer to go into effect so they are more susceptible to Kai).. do you see the balance there?

Ino, as for the sharingan's advantage.. that's most likely going to stay. Fact is, sharingan HAS an advantage against genjutsu. When you fight a sharingan user, you use everything you have EXCEPT genjutsu. At the same time, sharingan has some very interesting weaknesses as well (You'll learn about them when you become a Chuunin in the Hidden Flame Village). Just as a heavily genjutsu user, you will have a harder time fighting Uchiha characters, you just have to learn to adapt. (I also use a fair bit of genjutsu so I have sort of the same situation).
i am in the flame village and know onone told me any weakness of the sharigan:confused:

Tsukoshi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i am in the flame village and know onone told me any weakness of the sharigan:confused:
I say that because under the new setup that Madara has created for the Hidden Flame Village everyone in the village are reset to Genin and will go through training under a series of sensei. At Chuunin level you get to myself and Mangekyou Kakashi. As one of my many responsibilities I'm required to teach entry level combat strategy.

Tsukoshi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The idea is to make the Hidden Flame Village stronger. By having each one of the sensei teach what their best at and having the students move up through the different sensei, by the time they reach the higher ranks, the entire village will profit from the experience. I fully supported it, even before Madara mentioned he was making me a sensei.

Note that this doesn't effect what you do, or can do, outside of the village. ;)

At least that's how I interpreted it. This is just to create a stronger village.

Last edited:

Hellsbadass

Immortal
Kin
8💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The idea is to make the Hidden Flame Village stronger. By having each one of the sensei teach what their best at and having the students move up through the different sensei, by the time they reach the higher ranks, the entire village will profit from the experience. I fully supported it, even before Madara mentioned he was making me a sensei.

Note that this doesn't effect what you do, or can do, outside of the village. ;)

At least that's how I interpreted it. This is just to create a stronger village.
ok thats awesome.....i can still be a sanin outside the village :D

Tsukoshi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe so... I wouldn't take my word on that. :D:D:D
Like I said, that was just my interpretation of it, you might want to post on the thread and ask just to be 100% sure.

YaminoSoul

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok so as many of us know, the system for our genjutsu?s on this site is lacking greatly because many people, including myself, are not clear on how they can be used, avoided, broken free of, etc. Under pein87?s supervision, I am here to create a guide devoted to the rules of a new and improved genjutsu section. Of course, I am only one of many many people on this site so any helpful advice u have to offer, please post it or pm it to me. I want to help make our genjutsu system more effective and clear as to avoid any confusion or fights that may be as a result. Cooperation is key in order to make this a success and here are some working ideas for an improved genjutsu system.

- Kai release is a very useful jutsu but can seem unfair because it simply makes even the most strongest genjutsu practically useless, a rule would be no more than perhaps 3 kai releases per battle

- We need a system to decide the strength of genjutsus and keep them fair. My idea is that genjutsu?s are ranked based on their strength and some need to be revised because many are unfair because they can kill or people argue they can?t be released

- Another way of getting out genjutsus is by inflicting pain on oneself. The problem is this technique is not effective and overused because people simply stab themselves and there are no after effects of this. There needs to be some sort of damage ratio created in order to make inflicting pain on oneself a fair way to escape a genjutsu and also count as damage. My working idea is since there is kai release, if you stab yourself more that two times, you will lose due to blood loss, wound, etc.

Ranks
D-rank  none of these D-rank attacks actually attack, they are mostly confusion/defenses. These defenses are fine and these jutsus are low rank so they shouldn?t be able to do much so that is good.

C-rank  Some of these genjutsus are offensive while others act as counters. For the attacks, (if hit and not blocked) the damage should be around 20 ? 30 range

B-rank  2 out of 3 of the attacks have already given damage ratios, for Illusion Technique: Flower Petal Dissolve in the genjutsu if not released they are put to sleep which is commonly not put into effect

A-rank  People seem to use the strongest genjutsus which are these ones when many people may not have the skill level to execute these genjutsus. We need a training system for people to be able to use advanced genjutsu but for now, 1250 posts should be able to use them.

Training System Needed

-We all know how senseis must teach us elements before we can use them, there needs to be a similar system for genjutsu. It seems like anyone could jump in there and use a strong genjutsu without proper training but I think there needs to be a system for people to learn the basics then advance further from that

Common Disputes and ?Unfair? Practices

- One of the big downfalls of genjutsu is the sharingan. There needs to be some rules put into place that some genjutsus can be successfully executed and not always AUTOMATICALLY reversed, seen through, or cancelled by a sharingan. The sharingan is very unfair but it basically makes genjutsu useless and ineffective, which makes seems unfair. Some genjutsu should be allowed to work and I think there needs to be some restrictions on sharingan in order to give genjutsu a chance and level the playing field.

Need For More Genjutsu

- Elements have such a variety of different attacks while genjutsu has relatively few attacks. We need to make more genjutsus available and create more that can be added.
its a good idea why dont you suggest it by the people who are in charge of the battle system?