Creating an Effective System for Genjutsu

Do you think we need some update for the genjutsu system?

• Total voters

Ino_Yamanaka

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok so as many of us know, the system for our genjutsu?s on this site is lacking greatly because many people, including myself, are not clear on how they can be used, avoided, broken free of, etc. Under pein87?s supervision, I am here to create a guide devoted to the rules of a new and improved genjutsu section. Of course, I am only one of many many people on this site so any helpful advice u have to offer, please post it or pm it to me. I want to help make our genjutsu system more effective and clear as to avoid any confusion or fights that may be as a result. Cooperation is key in order to make this a success and here are some working ideas for an improved genjutsu system.

- Kai release is a very useful jutsu but can seem unfair because it simply makes even the most strongest genjutsu practically useless, a rule would be no more than perhaps 3 kai releases per battle

- We need a system to decide the strength of genjutsus and keep them fair. My idea is that genjutsu?s are ranked based on their strength and some need to be revised because many are unfair because they can kill or people argue they can?t be released

- Another way of getting out genjutsus is by inflicting pain on oneself. The problem is this technique is not effective and overused because people simply stab themselves and there are no after effects of this. There needs to be some sort of damage ratio created in order to make inflicting pain on oneself a fair way to escape a genjutsu and also count as damage. My working idea is since there is kai release, if you stab yourself more that two times, you will lose due to blood loss, wound, etc.

Ranks
D-rank  none of these D-rank attacks actually attack, they are mostly confusion/defenses. These defenses are fine and these jutsus are low rank so they shouldn?t be able to do much so that is good.

C-rank  Some of these genjutsus are offensive while others act as counters. For the attacks, (if hit and not blocked) the damage should be around 20 ? 30 range

B-rank  2 out of 3 of the attacks have already given damage ratios, for Illusion Technique: Flower Petal Dissolve in the genjutsu if not released they are put to sleep which is commonly not put into effect

A-rank  People seem to use the strongest genjutsus which are these ones when many people may not have the skill level to execute these genjutsus. We need a training system for people to be able to use advanced genjutsu but for now, 1250 posts should be able to use them.

Training System Needed

-We all know how senseis must teach us elements before we can use them, there needs to be a similar system for genjutsu. It seems like anyone could jump in there and use a strong genjutsu without proper training but I think there needs to be a system for people to learn the basics then advance further from that

Common Disputes and ?Unfair? Practices

- One of the big downfalls of genjutsu is the sharingan. There needs to be some rules put into place that some genjutsus can be successfully executed and not always AUTOMATICALLY reversed, seen through, or cancelled by a sharingan. The sharingan is very unfair but it basically makes genjutsu useless and ineffective, which makes seems unfair. Some genjutsu should be allowed to work and I think there needs to be some restrictions on sharingan in order to give genjutsu a chance and level the playing field.

Need For More Genjutsu

- Elements have such a variety of different attacks while genjutsu has relatively few attacks. We need to make more genjutsus available and create more that can be added.

BlondieGirl

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey Ino, I was talking to pein87 about my kurenai situation sinbce I want to switch one of my characters to her, and I was thinking if I did would it be like possible for Kurenai to use/teach the genjutsu we see her use? Like Sakura and Kurenai use Bind Tree Death, but Flower Petal Dissolve and Flower Petal Escape are for Kurenai only and I see alot of these people who are sasukes using it. Would that be possible?

Good Work btw!!!

Reactions: HinataHyuuga

Tsukoshi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To clear up what Kai (Dispel) is, it only ever works BEFORE a genjutsu is put into place. The thing about genjutsu is it takes time to go into effect. If the user can use Kai before the genjutsu is in effect, they can break the genjutsu, this of course will cost them chakra. After the genjutsu is in effect, the only way out is to injure yourself, this will cost you health. There are a few genjutsu though, which can't be broken through personal injury and even take effect immediately (like Tsukyonomi) those force you to take the full brunt of the opponents attack. That was the whole idea of the genjutsu system as it is now. I don't really see a problem with it.. I do think the addition should be, when Kai is used, the cost of chakra is twice what the user of the genjutsu used.

Shinso Hyuuga

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok so as many of us know, the system for our genjutsu?s on this site is lacking greatly because many people, including myself, are not clear on how they can be used, avoided, broken free of, etc. Under pein87?s supervision, I am here to create a guide devoted to the rules of a new and improved genjutsu section. Of course, I am only one of many many people on this site so any helpful advice u have to offer, please post it or pm it to me. I want to help make our genjutsu system more effective and clear as to avoid any confusion or fights that may be as a result. Cooperation is key in order to make this a success and here are some working ideas for an improved genjutsu system.

- Kai release is a very useful jutsu but can seem unfair because it simply makes even the most strongest genjutsu practically useless, a rule would be no more than perhaps 3 kai releases per battle

- We need a system to decide the strength of genjutsus and keep them fair. My idea is that genjutsu?s are ranked bas ed on their strength and some need to be revised because many are unfair because they can kill or people argue they can?t be released

- Another way of getting out genjutsus is by inflicting pain on oneself. The problem is this technique is not effective and overused because people simply stab themselves and there are no after effects of this. There needs to be some sort of damage ratio created in order to make inflicting pain on oneself a fair way to escape a genjutsu and also count as damage. My working idea is since there is kai release, if you stab yourself more that two times, you will lose due to blood loss, wound, etc.

Ranks
D-rank  none of these D-rank attacks actually attack, they are mostly confusion/defenses. These defenses are fine and these jutsus are low rank so they shouldn?t be able to do much so that is good.

C-rank  Some of these genjutsus are offensive while others act as counters. For the attacks, (if hit and not blocked) the damage should be around 20 ? 30 range

B-rank  2 out of 3 of the attacks have already given damage ratios, for Illusion Technique: Flower Petal Dissolve in the genjutsu if not released they are put to sleep which is commonly not put into effect

A-rank  People seem to use the strongest genjutsus which are these ones when many people may not have the skill level to execute these genjutsus. We need a training system for people to be able to use advanced genjutsu but for now, 1250 posts should be able to use them.

Training System Needed

-We all know how senseis must teach us elements before we can use them, there needs to be a similar system for genjutsu. It seems like anyone could jump in there and use a strong genjutsu without proper training but I think there needs to be a system for people to learn the basics then advance further from that

Common Disputes and ?Unfair? Practices

- One of the big downfalls of genjutsu is the sharingan. There needs to be some rules put into place that some genjutsus can be successfully executed and not always AUTOMATICALLY reversed, seen through, or cancelled by a sharingan. The sharingan is very unfair but it basically makes genjutsu useless and ineffective, which makes seems unfair. Some genjutsu should be allowed to work and I think there needs to be some restrictions on sharingan in order to give genjutsu a chance and level the playing field.

Need For More Genjutsu

- Elements have such a variety of different attacks while genjutsu has relatively few attacks. We need to make more genjutsus available and create more that can be added.

how about they lose chakra and health every round and everytime a cutting or taijutsu hits them the wound gets bigger and they gain fatigue meaning their jutsu do half as much damage and they take a little more damage from enemy jutsu but can be healed by like maybe 10 turns (HOLY CRAP MY LITTLE BRO BROUGHT HOME A MEDIUM SIZED HAMMER HEAD SHARK TO EAT WDF!?!?!?)

Ino_Yamanaka

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To clear up what Kai (Dispel) is, it only ever works BEFORE a genjutsu is put into place. The thing about genjutsu is it takes time to go into effect. If the user can use Kai before the genjutsu is in effect, they can break the genjutsu, this of course will cost them chakra. After the genjutsu is in effect, the only way out is to injure yourself, this will cost you health. There are a few genjutsu though, which can't be broken through personal injury and even take effect immediately (like Tsukyonomi) those force you to take the full brunt of the opponents attack. That was the whole idea of the genjutsu system as it is now. I don't really see a problem with it.. I do think the addition should be, when Kai is used, the cost of chakra is twice what the user of the genjutsu used.

that is a really good idea and especiallly the comment on how kai needs to be done BEFORE, that is really important because many ppl use it AFTER they r caught in the genjutsu

Shinso Hyuuga

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
how about deboning genjutsu were it seems a friend or family member of the victim of this jutsu start cutting them and removing their bones and they can't escape it because the arms go numb so they cannot use the genjutsu release

or how about only C and below ranked genjutsu can be dispelled

Last edited:

BlondieGirl

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh Tsukoshi that brings up something else. If anyones seen the Kurenai Arc [[fillers]] Youll see Sakura Kai releases people from the outside world not in the genjutsu, which is fine but i see people who are in the genjutsu Kai releasing.

Tsukoshi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that is a really good idea and especiallly the comment on how kai needs to be done BEFORE, that is really important because many ppl use it AFTER they r caught in the genjutsu
Well, then those people were breaking the old rules (which all you guys threw away because you said were ineffective)...

Ino_Yamanaka

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
no im not throwing the old rules away, im trying to improve some of them so they can be more effective and easily understood. Im not trying to completely trash the system rite now i just want to add on some new ideas and things

Tsukoshi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh Tsukoshi that brings up something else. If anyones seen the Kurenai Arc [[fillers]] Youll see Sakura Kai releases people from the outside world not in the genjutsu, which is fine but i see people who are in the genjutsu Kai releasing.
As it's explained, many genjutsu you "slip" into. For example the Temple of Nirvana that Kabuto used. People began seeing falling feathers (they were already seeing illusions) but they weren't IN the genjutsu yet. They were merely being overtaken by it. I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about (episode numbers would be nice) but are you sure they weren't in the process of falling under a genjutsu? Because that's when Kai is supposed to be used.

Ino_Yamanaka

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As it's explained, many genjutsu you "slip" into. For example the Temple of Nirvana that Kabuto used. People began seeing falling feathers (they were already seeing illusions) but they weren't IN the genjutsu yet. They were merely being overtaken by it. I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about (episode numbers would be nice) but are you sure they weren't in the process of falling under a genjutsu? Because that's when Kai is supposed to be used.
thats a really good point i think the rules should enforce more so people will comply more often

MadMax

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well i have an idea about the genjutsu system, but it's not fully finished yet, and most of you won't agree with the current state :D