Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Okay, so this training will be OOC. By the way, this orientation will be very personalized brother.

Now, as a new member/RPer, the first thing to do is to look at the Biography section, and at some of the bio rules. Even though you already have a bio. Now, since you're still relatively new, do you have any idea what your end goal is? What kinds of abilities are you working towards? What do you want to accomplish in the RP? I know I've asked you this on discord, but I'd like it to be here also.

a link to the Tier list, ranking abilities based on their difficulty to attain and their power.

a Quick Link to some of the bios we have in the RP.

Use these links to help you answer the questions I posted above.

Crane__

Kin
1,001💸
Kumi
1,259💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would want to complete my paper jutsu training as soon as possible so i can start adding things onto it. In the end I wish to attain Paper, poison, Fuinjutsu, and at least one summon. I want to use paper for medical purposes, as well as a more creative approach for fighting. Instead of explosive tags, i want to make my own type of healing tag that increases your health, and i want to create a new branch of paper jutsu moves that revolve around sealing tags, and Fuinjutsu.

I want to help expand the knowledge on plant life and log new specimens of plants in my journal for use in hospitals. I dont want to be a medical ninja, but i do want to help people in need, with herbal concoctions and a vast encyclopedia.

But mot importantly, i want to have as much fun as possible.

Reactions: Shady Doctor

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Alright, since you've got a good grasp of bio rules, let's talk about specialization and specialties. In the past, specialties were largely cosmetic. They didn't mean anything. Nowadays though, we've introduced new specialties that you can add to your bio to help you out in battle. Think of it like an RPG game, these are passive buffs worked into your bio.

Here's a link to them. Tell me which look like something you'd make use of on a bio?

We'll also go over ranks right now.

Academy Student:
  • The default bio rank

• Base health = 35 / Base chakra = 300
  • 2 basic elements + 1 basic ninja skill up to C-ranks
  • Able to submit up to C-rank customs of any learned fields

Genin:
  • Rank-up from Academy Student requires completion of 4 D/C-rank missions and/or battles

• Base health = 75 / Base chakra = 600
  • 3 basic elements + 2 basic ninja skills up to B-ranks
  • Able to submit up to B-rank customs of any learned fields

Chūnin:
  • Rank-up from Genin requires completion of any combination of 5 B/A-rank missions and/or battles

• Base health = 100 / Base chakra 1,000
  • 4 basic elements + 4 basic ninja skills up to A-ranks (1 basic element up to S-ranks)
  • Able to submit up to A-rank customs of any learned fields

Jōnin:
  • Rank-up from Chūnin requires completion of any combination of 6 S-rank missions and/or battles

• Base health = 160 / Base chakra = 1,600
  • 5 basic elements + 4 basic ninja skills up to F-ranks
  • Able to have a third bio
  • Able to submit up to F-rank customs of any learned fields

Sage:
  • Rank-up from Jōnin requires completion of a sage mission or purchase for 25,000 kumi

• Base health = 200 / Base chakra = 2,000
  • Able to submit a custom clan (CC)
  • Able to learn a third custom fighting style (CFS)
  • Able to make use of a potential fifth custom element (CE) on a bio
  • Able to submit up to 4 CJ instead of the norm (3 per cycle)
  • CJ limit increases to 45, up from the standard cap of 35

These are pretty cut and dry. Ocassionally, you can 'win' rank ups by performing well in tournaments or NW events. Or, even with random events like trivias or lotteries. If you don't have any questions about them, we'll move onto Missions, Battle Rules, and then a miscellaneous section where you can ask general questions. The end is in sight, I promise!

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️

Alright, now we'll talk about the cornerstone of the RP, battling.

In our RP, we have a turn-based system. Since it's text based, we use a simple time-frame system.

In terms of battles, before you begin, you have to determine the type of battle you want, so it's recommended that you use this format when making a new battle thread:
  • Terrain: You and your partner(s) must decide on a terrain which you will battle on and additionally the weather. This does not mean that the field and weather can't change through the use of a jutsu.
  • Range: Where both of you exactly stand. Short ( 0 to 5 meters ) , medium ( 5 to 15 meters ) or long range from each other ( 15+ meters )?
  • Element & Jutsu Usage: You can choose which and how many elements you want to use in a battle (from the ones you learned), but also whether custom jutsu's/elements are allowed or not.
  • Type of Battle: Choose the type of battle you want. No restrictions, taijutsu battle, ninjutsu only battle, team battle, etc.
  • Bio: Agree on which bio each participant uses.
After deciding these details, you and your opponent then determine who goes first in the battle. Remember that in a fight, each player has a maximum of three moves per turn that you can do. That's very important, the key number is three jutsus/techniques.

Lets say that you have the second move in a fight:

When replying, keep in mind that your character's sequence of events can only begin after the first aggressive action that the opponent initiates. That can be a jutsu being used, your opponent running towards you (if it's a taijutsu fight), them throwing a weapon/tool at you, etc. Regardless, replying before the first aggressive action will always result in a time-frame break.

Are ya with me so far?

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ok dope. So next we'll cover the Ninja world (Or "NW) for short) then go with Customs last.

So the Ninja World is simply an open World for you to do as you please, though there's a few rules, which I'll get to later. First we'll go over:

- Story Arcs
- Missions
- Clans
- Villages

I personally think you should know what a story arc is first so that's what is gonna head this little description. Basically story arcs are just what it sounds like. There's "Arcs" to our world system that last roughly a month at a time, but can last longer if needed or the mods see fit. In each arc a rp'er can only have one bio active, which can only be switched out during breaks between each arc. So choose who you wanna go in the NW with because not only do you have to wait to switch but also you'd lose all progress you've made if you switched. So like you'd lose artifacts (will delve into artifacts later) and crap like that, which the old bio got during previous arcs. So usually each arc has a little bit of a storyline to it and sometimes even greater rewards when battling or doing missions. All depending on the nature of said arc and if there's an event tied to it.

So like how the second Arc of our Rp was centered around our clan of pure badasses, because of what we had accomplished in the 1st Arc. This clan was "Golden Sabbath" as you know, consisting of Howard (Now our kage of Sin Village), Vegeta, Myself, and Xicer, Pyro and Vayne. We claimed mass amounts of lands, bodied others for their territories, destroyed enemy lands, all while becoming the most renowned clan. This put a bounty on our head and Arc 2 consisted on destroying our lands, and collecting our bounties. All this would reward the people whom succeeded in such. Was pretty cool tbh. Especially to have our names added into the lore of the actual rp world. Anyway i think that pretty much shows what an arc is.

Now on to missions. Which I'm not good at lol. I'm more of a fighter. Using Yang or PSM and pow pow. Anyways, missions are made by both staff and members (members can make up their own if they are reasonable) to do in the NW for gains such as Artifacts, Ryo and Kumi. Not sure if you're familiar with artifacts or the kumi system so the spoilers give a short overview.

"Relics of a past technological golden age, items and tools shrouded in mystery, planet shaping forces contained within, even medicines and convenient utility - these are what encompass the Artifacts of the Warring States Era. The Artifacts system presents a unique opportunity for all who participate in the daily life of the Warring States Era to acquire unique, powerful, and useful items."

This system will reward players for various activities a certain amount of Kumi that can be used for a variety of purposes, like buying abilities, betting on battles/events, interaction with other RPers, and general Warring States Era usage, such as for diplomacy, artifacts acquiring and trade. New roleplayers with an approved biography begin with 3,000 kumi and those with bios prior to this begin with 1,000 kumi.

Official Battles: Earning Kumi through Official Battles can be done in either the Battle Arena or the Ninja World. Earning Kumi through these battles requires that you win the battle. Fighting an opponent of equal rank will award the winner with 500 Kumi. This increases or decreases by 50 Kumi per rank. For example, a Chunin neating a Genin would gain 450 Kumi. One can also make bets with others in order to acquire more Kumi by betting on battles and events. In the case that a member wins via time limit, he or she will only gain half of the kumi that they would normally gain from winning the battle.

Storyboard Missions: The Warring States Era will introduce Storyboard Missions, allowing roleplayers to create their own missions through a various story elements and tailor their own story out of them. Completing these missions and satisfying their objectives will award players with an amount of Kumi depending on the difficulty of the mission. If missions aren't fully completed, such as lacking the storyboard requirement, or are carried out in negative ways, such as metagaming, powerplaying, godmodding, etc, one is subject to gaining half or less Kumi for completion and in the case of metagaming, etc, one may potentially lose Kumi.

D-rank = 250 kumi

C-rank = 450 kumi

B-rank = 650 kumi

A-rank = 1,000 kumi

S-rank = 1,500 kumi"

Missions are pretty simple, especially if you're good at detail or story telling. You'll basically you'll choose from a list of "storyboard missions" that are premade like:

D-rank:

- Explore a landmark
- Gather resources from the land
- Do a good deed

C-rank:

- Explore an abandoned site
- Trail an individual without being detected
- Defend yourself from wild beasts

And they'll get harder like:

S-rank:

- Win a fight without your ninjutsu
- Fight an enemy much stronger than yourself
- Save a large community from danger
- Survive a near-death situation

There's no actual word count or bench mark for each mission other than successfully completing what is stated. But some 4 sentences for an S rank probably won't be a pass lol try to be detailed and actually explore the story a bit.

There's also custom storyboard missions that you can do by making them yourself as you go. There's also clan missions, and village missions which we'll get to on those 2 topics.

So an example of starting your rp is here also:

"This post marks the beginning of my (our) mission using these storyboard elements:
-Save a large community from danger (5)
-Survive a near-death situation (5)
-Convince a criminal to confess (3)
Summary: This mission will be about saving a local village from destruction at the hands of dangerous bandits. After surviving a near-death situation while fighting the bandits, I will capture one and then convince them to confess to who ordered the attack or who their employer is.

[RP begins here]"

Hmm so i think that's it on missions.

Now clans, rogues and villages. Villages are the more simple to understand imo since the series was based around a village system. A village is basically a ninja economy system where it revolves around shinobi being the main workforce and protectors. Villages have their own missions available made by the Kage and their council. The village gets 50k kumi to give to ppl whom complete village missions so it's really a come up in my eyes lol. I think a village is the best route for new ppl because their usually organized and ran by very knowledgeable and skilled players. Along with this there's usually pretty good members that are helpful, and I've always found that people excel when they rp alongside more people within the nw. There WERE 4 available Villages in this rp:

Tanagakure (Hidden valley)
Kage: Vex "The Snake" Bush
Link to kage: https://animebase.me/members/vex.142961/

Shimogakure (Hidden Frost)
Kage: Zee "Finesse Queen" Doctor
Link to kage: https://animebase.me/members/zatanna.115479/ (Pervy is Kage now)

Taiyogakure (Hidden in Sunlight)
Kage: Scaze "God Cerberus"
Link to kage: https://animebase.me/members/scaze.70437/

Tsumigakure (Hidden Sin)
Kage: Howard (The man that saved the fucking world)
Link to kage: https://animebase.me/members/howard.43780/

Usually you'd be able to contact any of them about joining if you want. But now there's on Sin and Frost as villages. Which you know. Clans and rogues basically play hand and hand at this point. Rogues are basically members that aren't part of villages. They can go about doing what they feel like, such as missions etc. Clans are simply an official group of people whom aren't in a village. This is usually a group of 3-5 people from what I've seen and they can rank up by doing missions/clan Missions in route to becoming a village. This is strongly based on the clans in the manga/anime, they were lone clans and ended up forming konoha after a while. More info can be found in the link below in detail.

https://animebase.me/threads/ninja-world-guidelines-and-rules.757182/post-21749803

Let me know if you have any NW questions at this time.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
So CUSTOMS next.

Ok in our RP we have a large amount of customisation, where people have copied techniques from other anime, video games or what ever universes you like. However, they have to be appropriately moderated so that its still fair on everyone else.

If you want to make a technique to shoot fire out of your eyes, you can do that. Make extra arms out of water, can do that as well. youre only limited by your imagination. There are some specific rules when it comes to customs that, if it has been made before, you are not allowed to copy or steal those ideas.

So Customs comes under several different headings depending on what you want to make. Our customs system allows you to make anything you want, provided someone else hasn't made it already.

- As of right now, we have a 7 day cycle, where by you have 7 day to post your customs, where after the 7th day, the threads will be locked and the mods will check to either approve or decline your customs. Though rn the thread doesn't really have cycles. After your shit is checked you can post again. That's just atm though

- You can submit 4 basic submissions, one custom field and 3 advanced submissions per cycle. This number increases if you have a sensei title or a Sage Rank.

Basic submissions cover basic ninjutsu which is your standard elemental ninjutsu, taijutsu, kenjutsu, genjutsu, fuuinjutsu etc. This also covers things such as Custom elemental jutsu, custom fighting style jutsu.

So lets say that you had your own custom element and wanted to submit 2 techniques for it, you would have only 1 other basic submission slot left which could be used for something like a Fire release, or Taijutsu.

Custom fields are things like Custom elements, Custom Fighting styles or Custom Clans. You may submit only one of these per cycle. So if you had a great idea for a custom element and a custom fighting style, you could only submit one of them at a time.

Lastly Advanced Submissions are described as:

"Advanced Submissions are customs you are generally able to obtain without joining a CC or possessing a Doujutsu but dont fit under Custom Fields. These are submissions such as Custom Technology. "

Something else to bare in mind is that everyone has a limit on how many customs they can create. You are allowed to make up to 35 Custom Techinques. On top of this, you are allowed to create 2 customs summoning contracts, 2 custom fighting styles (with a 3rd one at Sage rank), 2 custom elements, and a custom clan once you reach Sage rank.

Custom Summoning Contracts:
While you are allowed to make 2 custom animal summoning contracts, you are also allowed to have up to 10 custom summons per contract. However if you wish to make special ninjutsu that involved your contract, (think Toad Oil Bomb, or Slug acid techniques) they fall under the standard 35 basic submission rules.

Custom Elements:
You are allowed to make 2 custom elements each with 12 jutsu. You are also allowed to be a student of 2 and a co-creator of 3 as well. However your name can only appear on 5 at any given time. So if you create 2 custom elements, and learn 2 as a student, you can only be a co creator of one other custom element.

Custom Fighting Styles:
Custom fighting styles follow similar rules, where you can only be a creator of 2, however once you reach a Sage rank you can Create a third as well. with Custom fighting styles, each can have up to 10 custom fighting jutsu as well.

Do you have any questions so far?