Chapel Hill Shooting: 3 young Muslims have been killed due to "dispute over parking"

ministerC4

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Chapel Hill Shooting: 3 young Muslims have been killed due to "dispute over parki

It is just proof that religion doesn't play a role in violence.
But didn't he kill them because they were religious, m8?

Anyways
OT: I don't see the purpose of muslims becoming displayed as victimized in America over one incident, in which a very rare radical member's fault.
There isn't any need to start a "change" in how we treat muslim, just because one random incident.
I'm saying the westerns protest when Islam is seen as the enemy. As a matter of fact, they only protest when Islam is growing more in population, and they have the fear it will take over their country (which some Muslims are native there). If you ever want to protest, at least don't be a hypocrite and protest against the government when Muslims are victims.
Muslim threats outshine muslim victims usually, if I'm right.
And did we not react to the few thousand muslims killed by ISIS?
Did we not make that known?

A mad man stabs a child because he was a ginger, do we start protesting for gingers?
What is there to protest? Against the jailed mad man?
Seriously.

Last edited:

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re: Chapel Hill Shooting: 3 young Muslims have been killed due to "dispute over parki

Need I remind everyone?

"A law enforcement official familiar with the investigation told the AP that while there was indication that Nolen was a Muslim convert and was trying to convert others to Islam, there is so far no connection to terrorism and no evidence of any worrisome travel.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still ongoing, said Nolen had a Facebook page that was of potential interest to investigators but that "there doesn't appear to be any nexus to terrorism right now."

Corrections records show Nolen has what appear to be religious tattoos, including one referencing Jesus and one in Arabic that means "peace be with you."

Lewis said Nolen had been fired in a building that houses the company's human resources office, then immediately drove to the entrance of the business. Lewis said he didn't know why the man was fired. "

Where was the # on that one?

Do workplace lives matter?

Unique victim status.

I will not grant it.

Reactions: Prometheus Beta

Prometheus Beta

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Need I remind everyone?

"A law enforcement official familiar with the investigation told the AP that while there was indication that Nolen was a Muslim convert and was trying to convert others to Islam, there is so far no connection to terrorism and no evidence of any worrisome travel.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still ongoing, said Nolen had a Facebook page that was of potential interest to investigators but that "there doesn't appear to be any nexus to terrorism right now."

Corrections records show Nolen has what appear to be religious tattoos, including one referencing Jesus and one in Arabic that means "peace be with you."

Lewis said Nolen had been fired in a building that houses the company's human resources office, then immediately drove to the entrance of the business. Lewis said he didn't know why the man was fired. "

Where was the # on that one?

Do workplace lives matter?

Unique victim status.

I will not grant it.

Just a few days ago, Australia foiled another instance of Islamic jihad, this time there was an explicit ethnic aspect to it too:

(CNN)Two men have been charged with plotting attacks in Australia following a major counter-terrorism operation in Sydney.
The men, named in court documents as Omar Al-Kutobi and Mohammad Kiad, were advanced in their preparations for an act of terrorism in Australia as revenge for "incidents overseas," New South Wales Deputy Police Commissioner Catherine Burn said in a statement Wednesday.
"Kneeling before the death cult flag with a knife in his hand and a machete before him, one of those arrested said this: 'I swear to almighty Allah we will carry out the first operation for the soldiers of the caliphate in Australia,' Abbott said.
"He went on to say, 'I swear to almighty Allah, blonde people, there is no room for blame between you and us. We only owe you, stabbing the kidneys and striking the necks.'
The statistical reality is that Muslims are overrepresented in violent crime in much of the western world (pretty much all of western Europe at least) - it is difficult to find statistics on the ethnic aspects of these crime statistics in Europe (the US accounts for ethnicity in its crime statistics, many European states are either unwilling to do so or don't even bother) but I am willing to bet on Whites being disproportionately victimized by Muslim inter-ethnic crime, and the converse (White on Muslim crime) being a case of underrepresentation.

And if you bring up these facts in public, you'd be ostracized, maybe fired (if you were employed in the media), and possibly even prosecuted, for "hate speech". And yet, Muslims are convinced that there is some sort of grand media conspiracy against them.

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Just a few days ago, Australia foiled another instance of Islamic jihad, this time there was an explicit ethnic aspect to it too:

The statistical reality is that Muslims are overrepresented in violent crime in much of the western world (pretty much all of western Europe at least) - it is difficult to find statistics on the ethnic aspects of these crime statistics in Europe (the US accounts for ethnicity in its crime statistics, many European states are either unwilling to do so or don't even bother) but I am willing to bet on Whites being disproportionately victimized by Muslim inter-ethnic crime, and the converse (White on Muslim crime) being a case of underrepresentation.

And if you bring up these facts in public, you'd be ostracized, maybe fired (if you were employed in the media), and possibly even prosecuted, for "hate speech". And yet, Muslims are convinced that there is some sort of grand media conspiracy against them.
You are correct.

What astounds me is how arrogant our civilization is, however.

"Hey, man, what's up with all these violent muslims?"

"Well, c'mon, you can't paint them all with the same brush. KKK, Crusades, Nazis - Christianity has them, too. It's all up to interpretation."

"Interpretation? Of the Qu'ran? Have you read it."

"Look, man, it's all up to interpretation."

"No... have you read any part of it?"

"You can find anything to support your views."

"You... are seriously going to tell me what a book is about without ever reading it?"

"Man, it's all up to interpretation."

"It's a short book, really. You can read about half of it in an hour."

"Interpretation, bro, interpretation."

The outright refusal to actually step outside of one's own box and learn about something else is absolutely astounding to me.

It's like: "Hey, that forest fire out there... it's kinda hot... might want to think about leaving."

"Aw, man, c'mon, we've all seen fire in the fireplace."

"No... really... come look - you can feel the heat from here."

"Fire is warm, bro, fire is warm."

"Alright... I'm going to leave... have fun with the fire."

One of my long-time friends is used to my eccentric nature and was a little skeptical of some of my claims regarding what is in the Qu'ran (or, rather, what the Qu'ran is based off of - the core concepts and ideas). He's from a Bible-thumping Baptist church and is used to some really in-depth controversy surrounding scripture and literal interpretation, so he largely thought I was picking the more controversial bits.

He began listening to the Qu'ran while at work and got about 15 minutes into it before he had to stop.

"These people are crazy! People actually BELIEVE this!? Spock would have a ****ing aneurism trying to figure these people out! I have to admit, at first I thought you were being a little unreasonable... but holy shit..."

The Qu'ran is the key to destroying Islam.

It does not survive first contact with the western mindset.

This is, in part, why they are pushing so heavily for legal protection of Muhammad and the ability to prosecute those who defame him. They want to be able to control the narrative and want to be able to legitimize a book that a free society will reject the content of as lunacy.

Since this is the man according to Hadith:

You must be registered for see images

It's clear to see why an honest discussion of the virtues of Islam's perfect man would be 'unfavorable' in a western society.

As such, we would be prohibited from having fun with the facts about Muhammad:

You must be registered for see images

Although the idea that a wife could decide to "up and leave" is ridiculous within the context of Islam. Granted, it is theoretically possible for a woman to divorce a man - but that rarely works out realistically in sharia courts because a hearing is largely based on testimony - and a man's is worth twice as much as a woman's.

Islam needs Mohammed to be a specially protected prophet so that they can control the narrative. And, after all, if laws see fit to protect his holy status - then to younger minds, perhaps what he said in the Qu'ran carries a lot of weight. And if they open it up - it does, indeed, say that there are those who will never accept Islam even though they know about it and know it is 'the right way.'

Within our society - it is very rude and offensive to claim someone is a pedophile, or to claim he/she is a murderer, or insane - particularly when he's a deceased iconic figure - or even just a previous iconic figure (such as the current claims against Cosby). Since we believe so heavily in "interpretation" - pointing out that Muhammad was, in fact, a pedophile and did, in fact, kill hundreds of Jews by his own hand as they were going to work in the morning is going to classify as "offensive and inappropriate."

Which is why they want special victim and special prophet protections.

When you open the stuff up for rational discussion, the overwhelming majority of people reject it. It only makes sense if you are off your rocker to begin with, or have been indoctrinated into it since birth (which generally forces you off of your rocker).

I actually feel pity for Muslims. Most of them were indoctrinated into a horribly cold and abusive faith with absolutely no ability to escape it. It is, I would argue, the greatest sin that has been committed against them. They have been turned into tools for an ideology.

Ironically - Islam was actually founded by a woman. Muhammad, upon his first experience at the infamous black rock, believed he was being possessed and being harassed by demons. It was his wife who insisted otherwise and convinced him that he was a prophet.

She should have stuck to the merchant business.

Conspirator.

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

This is true. There was also a siege at the end of December over here, which was yet another Islamic terrorist attack. Quite frankly, it's not a "War on Terror", which is a pathetic euphemism that George Bush said years ago, but a war against a section of Islam.

Reactions: Prometheus Beta

Prometheus Beta

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Aim64C's reply
Whenever we get a significant incident, especially an upheaval of sorts that receives international attention, I always wait a while before forming a finalized assessment. The reason of it goes back to your earlier swipe at liberals/leftists, amusing mockery though it may have been, you do have a point concerning the lunacy of modern liberalism.

In fact, I would also include most mainstream "conservatives" like the UK's Conservative party in that category since there is nothing conservative about them bar a few economic policies. The problem is that it is always their -the political elites- narrative that gets the spotlight in the mainstream media. So I always find it necessary to do some digging around to separate reality from self-serving ideology.

Consider the jihad against the French cartoonists, as an example. Recently I discovered that the Muslims may have had a point with regard to the hypocrisy of our civilization concerning free speech. You see, our liberal/leftist martyr, Charlie Hebdo, clearly didn't seem to care for free speech when in 1995, it called for the banning of the National Front.

In 1995, the left-wing magazine ran a cover with a cartoon of a handcuffed Jean-Marie Le Pen – Marine Le Pen’s father and the party’s founder – along with a call to ban the FN, “whose aim is to make the Republic disappear”.

The National Front was also the only party to be excluded from the supposed "unity rally" the political elites arranged there. The party that has identified the heart of the problem, and which prescribes the only sustainable policies, was the only party to be ostracized (and yes, the party may have had some extremist tendencies in the past but its current incarnation has moderated a lot, which is why its getting all those votes).

Clearly there is something wrong with the state of affairs of our civilization.

This is true. There was also a siege at the end of December over here, which was yet another Islamic terrorist attack. Quite frankly, it's not a "War on Terror", which is a pathetic euphemism that George Bush said years ago, but a war against a section of Islam.
Absolutely, I ask all these people who claim there is a distinction between "terrorism", and Islam, to tell me, what would you say of Mohameds many caravan raids against his enemies (and these were the least violent of his many military campaigns)? Would we not characterize that as "terrorism"?

Last edited:

Benjamin King

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

But didn't he kill them because they were religious, m8?

Anyways
OT: I don't see the purpose of muslims becoming displayed as victimized in America over one incident, in which a very rare radical member's fault.
There isn't any need to start a "change" in how we treat muslim, just because one random incident.

Muslim threats outshine muslim victims usually, if I'm right.
And did we not react to the few thousand muslims killed by ISIS?
Did we not make that known?

A mad man stabs a child because he was a ginger, do we start protesting for gingers?
What is there to protest? Against the jailed mad man?
Seriously.
Bring me anyone from west that knows civilian Muslims are 80% victims of Isis? I've had this discussion with western friends, who asked me what I thought about Isis, and they didn't know that.

@Aim64C, didn't we already have this terrorism misconception over the PM, which you blatantly ignored when I replied back with long wall of text proving you completely and utterly ignorant? I believe I have. Anything revolving misconstrue about terrorism in Quran or Prophet Muhammad, is ignored since you have ignored my pm reply. But just to end this little discussion, I'll leave this chapter of the Quran:

''For you is your religion, and for me is my religion." -Surat Al-Kafirun

What that means is Christians, Jews or non-believers live by their religion or culture, while Muslim lives his/her own. And neither of the side can attack the other one, unless the former attacked the latter.

Reactions: ObitoGokuKakashi

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

The hatred is high in this one
You've no idea what hatred is.

Bring me anyone from west that knows civilian Muslims are 80% victims of Isis? I've had this discussion with western friends, who asked me what I thought about Isis, and they didn't know that.
I'm curious where you got the statistic from - not that I am contesting the point that ISIS is, currently and primarily a threat to muslims.

The problem, however, is that ISIS walks among the very people you pray with. They have multiple training properties throughout the western world. They are funded by quite a few of your religious leaders.

@Aim64C, didn't we already have this terrorism misconception over the PM, which you blatantly ignored when I replied back with long wall of text proving you completely and utterly ignorant? I believe I have. Anything revolving misconstrue about terrorism in Quran or Prophet Muhammad, is ignored since you have ignored my pm reply.
There are things in this world more important than you, boy.

It is also an eventuality that we would meet to discuss the same things outside of private messages.

But just to end this little discussion, I'll leave this chapter of the Quran:

''For you is your religion, and for me is my religion." -Surat Al-Kafirun
I encourage anyone who believes I am full of shit to direct their attention to - 'pick up' the book and read it.

Say, "O disbelievers, I do not worship what you worship. Nor are you worshippers of what I worship. Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship. Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship. For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

That's all of Surat 109.

This is a command of what to say to non-believers.

Let's look to more substantive chapters.

2:256 There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

2:257 Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.

2:278 O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains [due to you] of interest, if you should be believers.

2:279 And if you do not, then be informed of a war [against you] from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal - [thus] you do no wrong, nor are you wronged.

4:51 Have you not seen those who were given a portion of the Scripture, who believe in superstition and false objects of worship and say about the disbelievers, "These are better guided than the believers as to the way"?

4:52 Those are the ones whom Allah has cursed; and he whom Allah curses - never will you find for him a helper.

4:53 Or have they a share of dominion? Then [if that were so], they would not give the people [even as much as] the speck on a date seed.

4:54 Or do they envy people for what Allah has given them of His bounty? But we had already given the family of Abraham the Scripture and wisdom and conferred upon them a great kingdom.

4:55 And some among them believed in it, and some among them were averse to it. And sufficient is Hell as a blaze.

4:56 Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

4:60 Have you not seen those who claim to have believed in what was revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you? They wish to refer legislation to Taghut, while they were commanded to reject it; and Satan wishes to lead them far astray.

4:61 And when it is said to them, "Come to what Allah has revealed and to the Messenger," you see the hypocrites turning away from you in aversion.

4:62 So how [will it be] when disaster strikes them because of what their hands have put forth and then they come to you swearing by Allah , "We intended nothing but good conduct and accommodation."

4:63 Those are the ones of whom Allah knows what is in their hearts, so turn away from them but admonish them and speak to them a far-reaching word.

4:71 O you who have believed, take your precaution and [either] go forth in companies or go forth all together.

4:72 And indeed, there is among you he who lingers behind; and if disaster strikes you, he says, " Allah has favored me in that I was not present with them."

4:73 But if bounty comes to you from Allah , he will surely say, as if there had never been between you and him any affection. "Oh, I wish I had been with them so I could have attained a great attainment."

4:74 So let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. And he who fights in the cause of Allah and is killed or achieves victory - We will bestow upon him a great reward.

4:77 Have you not seen those who were told, "Restrain your hands [from fighting] and establish prayer and give zakah"? But then when fighting was ordained for them, at once a party of them feared men as they fear Allah or with [even] greater fear. They said, "Our Lord, why have You decreed upon us fighting? If only You had postponed [it for] us for a short time." Say, The enjoyment of this world is little, and the Hereafter is better for he who fears Allah . And injustice will not be done to you, [even] as much as a thread [inside a date seed]."

4:78 Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, even if you should be within towers of lofty construction. But if good comes to them, they say, "This is from Allah "; and if evil befalls them, they say, "This is from you." Say, "All [things] are from Allah ." So what is [the matter] with those people that they can hardly understand any statement?

4:79 What comes to you of good is from Allah , but what comes to you of evil, [O man], is from yourself. And We have sent you, [O Muhammad], to the people as a messenger, and sufficient is Allah as Witness.

[ ? ]

4:82 Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah , they would have found within it much contradiction.

[ lol ]

4:88 What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].

4:89 They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.

4:90 Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them.

4:91 You will find others who wish to obtain security from you and [to] obtain security from their people. Every time they are returned to [the influence of] disbelief, they fall back into it. So if they do not withdraw from you or offer you peace or restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you overtake them. And those - We have made for you against them a clear authorization.

4:92 And never is it for a believer to kill a believer except by mistake. And whoever kills a believer by mistake - then the freeing of a believing slave and a compensation payment presented to the deceased's family [is required] unless they give [up their right as] charity. But if the deceased was from a people at war with you and he was a believer - then [only] the freeing of a believing slave; and if he was from a people with whom you have a treaty - then a compensation payment presented to his family and the freeing of a believing slave. And whoever does not find [one or cannot afford to buy one] - then [instead], a fast for two months consecutively, [seeking] acceptance of repentance from Allah . And Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

4:93 But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great punishment.

4:94 O you who have believed, when you go forth [to fight] in the cause of Allah , investigate; and do not say to one who gives you [a greeting of] peace "You are not a believer," aspiring for the goods of worldly life; for with Allah are many acquisitions. You [yourselves] were like that before; then Allah conferred His favor upon you, so investigate. Indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

4:95 Not equal are those believers remaining [at home] - other than the disabled - and the mujahideen, [who strive and fight] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred the mujahideen through their wealth and their lives over those who remain [behind], by degrees. And to both Allah has promised the best [reward]. But Allah has preferred the mujahideen over those who remain [behind] with a great reward -

4:104 And do not weaken in pursuit of the enemy. If you should be suffering - so are they suffering as you are suffering, but you expect from Allah that which they expect not. And Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

4:105 Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth so you may judge between the people by that which Allah has shown you. And do not be for the deceitful an advocate.

4:139 Those who take disbelievers as allies instead of the believers. Do they seek with them honor [through power]? But indeed, honor belongs to Allah entirely.

4:140 And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation. Indeed, you would then be like them. Indeed Allah will gather the hypocrites and disbelievers in Hell all together -

4:141 Those who wait [and watch] you. Then if you gain a victory from Allah , they say, "Were we not with you?" But if the disbelievers have a success, they say [to them], "Did we not gain the advantage over you, but we protected you from the believers?" Allah will judge between [all of] you on the Day of Resurrection, and never will Allah give the disbelievers over the believers a way [to overcome them].

4:142 Indeed, the hypocrites [think to] deceive Allah , but He is deceiving them. And when they stand for prayer, they stand lazily, showing [themselves to] the people and not remembering Allah except a little,

4:144 O you who have believed, do not take the disbelievers as allies instead of the believers. Do you wish to give Allah against yourselves a clear case?

4:159 And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness.

4:163 Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And we revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Descendants, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book [of Psalms].

4:170 O Mankind, the Messenger has come to you with the truth from your Lord, so believe; it is better for you. But if you disbelieve - then indeed, to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and earth. And ever is Allah Knowing and Wise.

4:171 O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

[ So... this is Muhammad-Care ... if you like your religion, you can keep your religion ... but you have to pass Sharia law to find out what is in Sharia law. ]

Oh, but we aren't done.

That was one of the more peaceful chapters (and I included much of it - though most of it I excluded was for brevity - it's on the website if anyone believes I'm deliberately trying to obscure some kind of argument-destroying verse).

Now we get to the most fun chapter of all.

Surat At-Tawbah (Nine for those of us who like chapters numbered)

9:1 [This is a declaration of] disassociation, from Allah and His Messenger, to those with whom you had made a treaty among the polytheists.

[ So, all that talk about peace and treaties in Surat 4? This chapter came later and was therefor abrogated. No more Mr. Nice Muhammad. ]

9:2 So travel freely, [O disbelievers], throughout the land [during] four months but know that you cannot cause failure to Allah and that Allah will disgrace the disbelievers.

9:3 And [it is] an announcement from Allah and His Messenger to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah is disassociated from the disbelievers, and [so is] His Messenger. So if you repent, that is best for you; but if you turn away - then know that you will not cause failure to Allah . And give tidings to those who disbelieve of a painful punishment.

9:4 Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him].

[ So... Treaties are okay only if the people have never done anything considered offensive to Islam... Sorry, Charlie. Treaties aren't an option. ]

9:5 And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

9:6 And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah . Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know.

9:7 How can there be for the polytheists a treaty in the sight of Allah and with His Messenger, except for those with whom you made a treaty at al-Masjid al-Haram? So as long as they are upright toward you, be upright toward them. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him].

9:8 How [can there be a treaty] while, if they gain dominance over you, they do not observe concerning you any pact of kinship or covenant of protection? They satisfy you with their mouths, but their hearts refuse [compliance], and most of them are defiantly disobedient.

9:9 They have exchanged the signs of Allah for a small price and averted [people] from His way. Indeed, it was evil that they were doing.

9:10 They do not observe toward a believer any pact of kinship or covenant of protection. And it is they who are the transgressors.

[ So, what is going on, here, is that Muhammad is declaring non-Muslim anyone who has taken a treaty with non-muslims who do not sanctify Islam as a Muslim would - IE - defiantly disobedient. ]

9:11 But if they repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, then they are your brothers in religion; and We detail the verses for a people who know.

9:12 And if they break their oaths after their treaty and defame your religion, then fight the leaders of disbelief, for indeed, there are no oaths [sacred] to them; [fight them that] they might cease.

9:13 Would you not fight a people who broke their oaths and determined to expel the Messenger, and they had begun [the attack upon] you the first time? Do you fear them? But Allah has more right that you should fear Him, if you are [truly] believers.

9:14 Fight them; Allah will punish them by your hands and will disgrace them and give you victory over them and satisfy the breasts of a believing people

[ From a Qu'ranic law standpoint - this is Allah saying that his described situations of punishment are now acceptable for Muslims to carry out. IE - where it was once "And Allah shall" or "We shall" (from the context of angels) - Muslims are authorized to dispense the punishment that is revealed within the Qu'ran as being Allah's punishment. ]

9:15 And remove the fury in the believers' hearts. And Allah turns in forgiveness to whom He wills; and Allah is Knowing and Wise.

9:16 Do you think that you will be left [as you are] while Allah has not yet made evident those among you who strive [for His cause] and do not take other than Allah , His Messenger and the believers as intimates? And Allah is Acquainted with what you do.

[ Another condemnation of those who become familiar with non-muslims. ]

9:17 It is not for the polytheists to maintain the mosques of Allah [while] witnessing against themselves with disbelief. [For] those, their deeds have become worthless, and in the Fire they will abide eternally.

9:18 The mosques of Allah are only to be maintained by those who believe in Allah and the Last Day and establish prayer and give zakah and do not fear except Allah , for it is expected that those will be of the [rightly] guided.

9:23 O you who have believed, do not take your fathers or your brothers as allies if they have preferred disbelief over belief. And whoever does so among you - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

9:24 Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

9:25 Allah has already given you victory in many regions and [even] on the day of Hunayn, when your great number pleased you, but it did not avail you at all, and the earth was confining for you with its vastness; then you turned back, fleeing.

9:26 Then Allah sent down His tranquillity upon His Messenger and upon the believers and sent down soldiers angels whom you did not see and punished those who disbelieved. And that is the recompense of the disbelievers.

9:28 O you who have believed, indeed the polytheists are unclean, so let them not approach al-Masjid al-Haram after this, their [final] year. And if you fear privation, Allah will enrich you from His bounty if He wills. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Wise.

9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

9:30 The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

[ So... Yeah... I can't have my religion. ]

9:31 They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.

9:32 They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.

9:33 It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.

What that means is Christians, Jews or non-believers live by their religion or culture, while Muslim lives his/her own. And neither of the side can attack the other one, unless the former attacked the latter.
Yeah.

The Qu'ran just answered that one for you.

Tell the disbelievers they can have their religion.

But know that Islam's purpose is to manifest over all religion, no matter how much they dislike it afterward.

The only way any rational human being would subscribe to the Qu'ran is if he/she starts with the preconceived notion that Muhammad was a prophet and are unwilling to consider any alternative.

Which is why ISIS is primarily a threat to the middle east, at the moment, and kills so many "muslims."

Rational people, in the course of daily life, will not naturally adhere to the Qu'ran. Therefor, they will gradually stray from what is prescribed within the Qu'ran - particularly if one is not attentive to the various abrogations and more obscure details. Just because they 'have remembered' it doesn't mean they are constantly thinking about how it applies to what they are doing.

ISIS is a fundamental approach. It is precisely the Islam that Muhammad practiced with some modern twists. The Qu'ran gives clear instruction that there will be those who are 'not muslim enough' (more in Surat 8, if I remember correctly - though there were allusions to it within what I quoted) and that they are non-muslim ( 'those who have turned from belief' ) - particularly those who have formed treaties with those who do not hold Islam sacred (which is why ISIS has clearly voiced its displeasure with Saudi Arabia).

As you can see - Islam makes it very clear what other religions are.

In the case of Judaism and Christianity - they are seen as perversions of Islam. Muhammad makes the claim that Jesus, Joseph, Moses, and most major figures from the Judeo-Christian scriptures were Muslim and that this has been concealed by the priestly hierarchy.

Polytheists and religions not cased are just seen as complete ignorance.

Do all muslims see it that way? Not necessarily.

However, the reality is that groups like ISIS are common within Islamic sectors of the world. If you are raised to believe in a messenger and the book of his revelations ... and the book is chock full of entire chapters filled with what I quoted above... it is no radical step on your part to realize that there are many who are not taking it seriously enough and to follow its command to fight those who do not believe.

Unless and until the "moderates" stand up and strike down fundamentalism each time it arises - the end result for non-muslims is the same. Someone will show up at their doorstep and try to force them to convert. It is an eventuality.

Of course - the scriptural grounds upon which to rebuke the "radicals" simply doesn't exist within Islam. It would require a reformation of scripture and teachings to make it happen.

But how do you do that when the Qu'ran is timeless, complete, explains all things, etc? (It is horribly incomplete and obviously fragmented as hell, not to mention disjointed and leaping from random topic to random topic) Worse - it would require a new prophet in order to initiate reform - and getting any kind of acceptance of that will be impossible, since you would have to almost completely rewrite all of the Qu'ran to get anything other than pathological insanity. Then justify it with: "The LAST timeless and complete book that has been protected by Allah got some things wrong... but trust me... totally good this time..."

Islamic scripture, therefor, is frozen and reform beyond it is effectively impossible.

You're more than free to disagree with me - but the pattern of behavior in Islam is firmly against your position.

Iraq used to be Christian back in the 500s.

There was an empire called "Persia."

The Turks were Christian under the Byzantine Empire (but they've always been *******s).

Bosnia consists of Muslim Serbs, as is Kosovo.

Chechnya is Muslim Russians.

Pakistan is Muslim Indians.

It is the general pattern that Islam is so tolerant of other religions that nations must cede territory and erect borders to protect their people from the onslaught of interfaith outreach programs.

But, time will tell.

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I doubt you've ever held a Quran in your hands...
Got one on my phone.

Granted - I estimate at my reading pace - which is quite fast. I burn through paperback novels in about six to eight hours.

By scriptural standards, however, the Qu'ran is exceptionally small. The biblical gospel is larger by far. Comparing it to an entire testament is just unfair.

Babadook

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Got one on my phone.

Granted - I estimate at my reading pace - which is quite fast. I burn through paperback novels in about six to eight hours.

By scriptural standards, however, the Qu'ran is exceptionally small. The biblical gospel is larger by far. Comparing it to an entire testament is just unfair.
My edition of teh Quran, translated to my language, is 378 pages- about the same as my New Testament. Sorry but I find it hard to believe that you could read through almost 200 pages in an hour. That's about 3 pages/minute. For an average person, like my humble self, it's 3 minutes/page u.u

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

My edition of teh Quran, translated to my language, is 378 pages- about the same as my New Testament. Sorry but I find it hard to believe that you could read through almost 200 pages in an hour. That's about 3 pages/minute. For an average person, like my humble self, it's 3 minutes/page u.u

According to one estimate the Quran consists of 77,430 words, 18,994 unique words, 12,183 stems, 3,382 lemmas and 1,685 roots.[64]

Adding up the New Testament totals for the King James version gives 179,011 words for the New Testament.

The Gospel weighs in at 82,950

The whole Bible crushes the Qu'ran at 788,280 words.

Then figure that the Qu'ran spends half the time repeating itself...

Babadook

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

According to one estimate the Quran consists of 77,430 words, 18,994 unique words, 12,183 stems, 3,382 lemmas and 1,685 roots.[64]

Adding up the New Testament totals for the King James version gives 179,011 words for the New Testament.

Well, that's interesting, thanks. These edited versions seem to be misleading. I still wonder how one is supposed to read about 40000 words in an hour u.u That's about 700 words/minute. Now "The average adult reads prose text at 250 to 300 words per minute."

But ok, at this point I'm being obnoxious.

Babadook

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

That's interesting. I guess the printed versions can be misleading. Though it still means you read twice as fast as an average person: are you not just skimming through the text, looking for the 'violent' verses?

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Well, that's interesting, thanks. These edited versions seem to be misleading. I still wonder how one is supposed to read about 40000 words in an hour u.u That's about 700 words/minute. Now "The average adult reads prose text at 250 to 300 words per minute."

But ok, at this point I'm being obnoxious.
I was giving a rough estimate. However, I will knock out a 30,000 word fan-fiction before bed. I usually don't even investigate them unless they are over 10,000 words - and even that is just enough to get me interested.

There was a 750,000 word fan-fiction written over the course of about six years that I read in about a week. That thing was massive and stole a portion of my soul, I think.

That's interesting. I guess the printed versions can be misleading. Though it still means you read twice as fast as an average person: are you not just skimming through the text, looking for the 'violent' verses?
If you assume I am - then perhaps you could skim through and look for the peaceful verses.

Good luck.

Babadook

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I was giving a rough estimate. However, I will knock out a 30,000 word fan-fiction before bed. I usually don't even investigate them unless they are over 10,000 words - and even that is just enough to get me interested.

There was a 750,000 word fan-fiction written over the course of about six years that I read in about a week. That thing was massive and stole a portion of my soul, I think.
It's not that big of a deal to read through that much in a week- what's more interesting is how many hours it takes to read them. If you read only an hour a day, and you still finish that in a week- now that's great. But if someone spends 4-5 hrs a day reading, it's not that impressive.
750k words is about 4 times the New Testament. I'd say that's altogether more than 1000 printed pages. It's not unusual for me to read one book a day, but it may consume up to half of my day. Though I have an annoying habit of re-reading sentences and chew every word. Dunno why I'm doing that. It slows me down a lot. But well, I don't really care about quantity.

If you assume I am - then perhaps you could skim through and look for the peaceful verses.

Good luck.
Well, considering that you always post only the 'violent' verses and omit the peaceful ones: it makes the impression you're only looking for verses that fit your bias. But that's fine, we're all biased more or less. However, the peaceful verses put things in perspective. You see, I'd say the Quran is like the constitution of muslims. Legal norms usually consist of 3 main parts: hypothesis- disposition- sanction. Now of course, these don't always appear in the same sentence, or verse. When you post ayat from the 9th surat, about muslims being ordered to fight and kill infidels- well, that is the disposition. The hypothesis is in other verses, f.e verse 13, that talks about the circumstances that necessitate fighting. There are other verses in which the hypothesis and the disposition are mixed: e.g, "if they're upright to you, be upright to them", "if any of the polytheists seek protection, grant them protection"...etc. All of these are in the 9th surat. (The sanction is reward if muslism obey Allah, and punishment in case they don't- obviously).

So yeah, there are many peaceful verses. I don't know why you are ignoring them.

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

It's not that big of a deal to read through that much in a week- what's more interesting is how many hours it takes to read them. If you read only an hour a day, and you still finish that in a week- now that's great. But if someone spends 4-5 hrs a day reading, it's not that impressive.
750k words is about 4 times the New Testament. I'd say that's altogether more than 1000 printed pages. It's not unusual for me to read one book a day, but it may consume up to half of my day. Though I have an annoying habit of re-reading sentences and chew every word. Dunno why I'm doing that. It slows me down a lot. But well, I don't really care about quantity.
When I read, I don't see words. I don't really know how to describe it. The book and the action of turning pages disappears and I'm in the middle of whatever is going on.

Well, considering that you always post only the 'violent' verses and omit the peaceful ones: it makes the impression you're only looking for verses that fit your bias. But that's fine, we're all biased more or less. However, the peaceful verses put things in perspective. You see, I'd say the Quran is like the constitution of muslims. Legal norms usually consist of 3 main parts: hypothesis- disposition- sanction. Now of course, these don't always appear in the same sentence, or verse. When you post ayat from the 9th surat, about muslims being ordered to fight and kill infidels- well, that is the disposition. The hypothesis is in other verses, f.e verse 13, that talks about the circumstances that necessitate fighting. There are other verses in which the hypothesis and the disposition are mixed: e.g, "if they're upright to you, be upright to them", "if any of the polytheists seek protection, grant them protection"...etc. All of these are in the 9th surat. (The sanction is reward if muslism obey Allah, and punishment in case they don't- obviously).

So yeah, there are many peaceful verses. I don't know why you are ignoring them.
"Peaceful" and "not expressly violent" are not the same thing.

This is a cultural distinction and why I say that westerners have to check their concept of morality at the door when it comes to comprehending the Middle East and people who have been raised in the Middle East.

Islam is, primarily, as you state, a set of laws and consequences for violating those laws. This is especially the case with the Qu'ran. There are laws, consequences, and directives.

This is not the standard of scripture throughout the rest of the world and other religions.

Part of the reason for Islam's abysmal scholarly state is the fact that Islam started from a merchant (Muhammad) whose wife convinced him he was a prophet (albeit, illiterate - he couldn't read or write - not that there was much of a standard for written Arabic at the time to begin with). After she died, most of his supporters came not from the educated classes, but from the various destitute people of society. Very few could read or write, and very little of what Muhammad said was ever written down, and very little of what he did was described in a scholarly narrative.

The Hadith, collections of the deeds of Muhammad, are written as such: "So-and-So has it on Whats-his-name's authority that Muhammad said this: ... " They are not written from a structured narrative.

The attempt was made to make the Qu'ran a more coherent narrative - but the reality is that the whole damned thing is a disjointed read because of the fact that it is literally a composite of Muhammad's surviving companions who learned to recite the same things Muhammad was saying... most of them died in war attempting to conquer the Arabian Peninsula which was Muhammad's objective.

This is all in accordance with traditional Muslim history.

Discrepancies occur after this. Traditional history is that all of this was compiled into a codex that was then ordered into one Qu'ran under Uthman. After this single written account was resolved from the codex, all other written accounts were burned (record destruction is always a good sign). From this Uthmanic Qu'ran, four qu'rans were made and sent out to four locations and all Qu'rans can supposedly trace their lineage back to one of these four books - two of which are claimed to still exist.

Except the books that are held as examples are not Uthmanic qu'rans. They are written in script that didn't exist in the time of Uthman (and not for a hundred years afterward) and contain multiple irregularities between the two of them (what little is available for review). Worse, they are incomplete compared to modern Qu'rans - which suggests that, if these were considered complete at the time (unlikely), that there were substantial revisions being made the the content of the Qu'ran hundreds of years after Muhammad's life.

Factor in that Muhammad's name doesn't even appear in Arabia until Abd Al-Malik foisted it upon the Arab peninsula in the form of currency and inscriptions, everywhere.... One gets the indication that a lot of shenanigans went on and that the true history can, perhaps, never be known.

Regardless, this is not how scripture works in other environments.

Scriptural records are often attributed to one author or a lineage of master-disciple relationships. They are single narratives that approximate to a historical account of a figure's teachings, noteworthy events/accomplishments, and their general impact on society.

The whole of the scripture is viewed through this lens. While there are specific places where commands are being issued, this is always present in its historical context. Further, because the narrative will even span generations, it becomes clear that the commands placed upon one generation are not necessarily intended for a subsequent generation.

This is compounded even further when other religions collect the scriptures - such is the case with the Bible and Torah. Multiple narratives spanning many generations and focused on telling a story of a people's relationship with and understanding of the divine. The Jews that were ordered to fight the Philistines were later instructed by Jesus to not fight the Romans and to not hold others as being beneath helping (since the Jews did like to hold themselves superior to non-Jews; there are a few places where he is recorded as deviating from this - but it's not common).

There are very few places where God or Jesus are speaking directly to 'the reader.' They are speaking to each other within the historical context. There are very few "o you who believe" type statements that attempt to define what the believer should believe or do. That is largely left to be read out of the situation/conflict presented in the narrative.

There are not very many "enduring" commands in the Bible - commands that reach beyond their historical or narrative context.

This is not the case in Islam, where most of the commands are enduring and only loosely contingent on the narrative context (where there is any).

Ibn Kathir puts it this way:

Ibn Kathir, The Battles of the Prophet, pp. 183-4—Allah, Most High, ordered the believers to prohibit the disbelievers from entering or coming near the sacred Mosque. On that, Quraish thought that this would reduce their profits from trade. Therefore, Allah, Most High, compensated them and ordered them to fight the people of the Book until they embrace Islam or pay the Jizyah. Allah says, “O ye who believe! Truly the pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, for Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise. Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” Therefore, the Messenger of Allah decided to fight the Romans in order to call them to Islam.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir (on Qur’an 9:30)—Fighting the Jews and Christians is legislated because they are idolaters and disbelievers. Allah the Exalted encourages the believers to fight the polytheists, disbelieving Jews and Christians, who uttered this terrible statement and utter lies against Allah, the Exalted. As for the Jews, they claimed that Uzayr was the son of God, Allah is free of what they attribute to Him. As for the misguidance of Christians over Isa, it is obvious.

You can see some other interesting commentary here:

(and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush), do not wait until you find them. Rather, seek and besiege them in their areas and forts, gather intelligence about them in the various roads and fairways so that what is made wide looks ever smaller to them. This way, they will have no choice, but to die or embrace Islam,

(But if they repent and perform the Salah, and give the Zakah, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) Abu Bakr As-Siddiq used this and other honorable Ayat as proof for fighting those who refrained from paying the Zakah. These Ayat allowed fighting people unless, and until, they embrace Islam and implement its rulings and obligations. Allah mentioned the most important aspects of Islam here, including what is less important. Surely, the highest elements of Islam after the Two Testimonials, are the prayer, which is the right of Allah, the Exalted and Ever High, then the Zakah, which benefits the poor and needy. These are the most honorable acts that creatures perform, and this is why Allah often mentions the prayer and Zakah together. In the Two Sahihs, it is recorded that Ibn `Umar said that the Messenger of Allah said,

(I have been commanded to fight the people until they testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, establish the prayer and pay the Zakah.) This honorable Ayah (9:5) was called the Ayah of the Sword, about which Ad-Dahhak bin Muzahim said, "It abrogated every agreement of peace between the Prophet and any idolator, every treaty, and every term.'' Al-`Awfi said that Ibn `Abbas commented: "No idolator had any more treaty or promise of safety ever since Surah Bara'ah was revealed. The four months, in addition to, all peace treaties conducted before Bara'ah was revealed and announced had ended by the tenth of the month of Rabi` Al-Akhir.''

This is Ibn Kathir, - one of the most revered Muslim scholars who references the works and interpretations of scholars before him.

He could be thought of as the Muslim version of the Apostle Paul (well, at least for the Sunnis...)

My interpretation of the Qu'ran and its verses are very much in agreement with classic Muslim theology.

It just doesn't fit the narrative of "multiculturalism" that is illogically seen as being something every single human being and teaching ever strives for.

ahmo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It really is amazing when only dicussions related to islam turns out like this, thhis thread started out as a normal news thread reporting the killing of three muslims by an atheist. But I wonder, why has the the lot of non-muslims. Take it upon themselves to discriminate Islam without really knowing it?
I'm not going to say much for my Qur'an has taught me "for you your religion and for me my religion"