[Discussion] Can an Admiral one shot Luffy?

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I said those are rough numbers to illustrate how the stab can affect them differently, despite being the same injury, genius.

Luffy having better stamina isn't an "anime speculation," it's demonstrated fact. He takes more hits from Katakuri than Katakuri takes from him, and Katakuri is dishing out bigger blows than Luffy at that too. And they still passed out at the same time. The only logical conclusion is that Katakuri's stamina isn't as high, something reinforced by it being noted that people who avoid taking damage in fights(Ace and Caribou) are notably worse at taking hits than people who do.
luffy does have better stamina but i legit just told you he took like 20 more hits from katakuri in a weakened state right after luffy got stabbed, so all those hits hurt him more so than normal. all of those hits would take more of a toll on luffy or at the very least equal the damage that katakuri took but it leans more in the favor of katakuri if anything. So again reread the manga while trying to be objective b4 making an argument.

here is the chapter:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
luffy does have better stamina but i legit just told you he took like 20 more hits from katakuri in a weakened state right after luffy got stabbed, so all those hits hurt him more so than normal. all of those hits would take more of a toll on luffy or at the very least equal the damage that katakuri took but it leans more in the favor of katakuri if anything. So again reread the manga while trying to be objective b4 making an argument.

here is the chapter:
What invalidates this argument is that Katakuri would have been able to land those hits anyways. It's likely that Katakuri would have been able to land the hit with the trident on Luffy, or something equivalent(considering he still hadn't used Power Mochi, Peerless Donuts,Square Mochi, Grilled Mochi, or Sliced Mochi, any of which would have dealt serious damage to Luffy while he was unable to enter Gear Fourth to achieve the same effect). It's unlikely that Luffy would have been able to land the same amount of damage on Katakuri at one time that Katakuri landed on himself.

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What invalidates this argument is that Katakuri would have been able to land those hits anyways. It's likely that Katakuri would have been able to land the hit with the trident on Luffy, or something equivalent(considering he still hadn't used Power Mochi, Peerless Donuts,Square Mochi, Grilled Mochi, or Sliced Mochi, any of which would have dealt serious damage to Luffy while he was unable to enter Gear Fourth to achieve the same effect). It's unlikely that Luffy would have been able to land the same amount of damage on Katakuri at one time that Katakuri landed on himself.
no he wasnt going to land most of those hits. read the manga dude i even gave you the chapter. he was saying luffy was getting as good of obsv haki as himself. Also when you keep hitting on a wound that gives even more residual damage so you are not even taking that into account, kata repeatedly hit luffy when he got a free hit on him so luffy actually received more damage than kata. Kata never hit luffy with a trident after that so we cannot predict that would happen anyway and even kata was shocked how luffy carelessly took that hit to his vital organs, now you full on speculating since kata himself wasnt expecting to get a vital hit like that. Anyways your whole claim of the luffy's damage vs kata's damage has completely been refuted. All of your arguments show me you are not reading the manga and just playing shoulda coulda woulda with heavy bias towards one character and disregarding the manga and kata's statements itself.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
no he wasnt going to land any of those hits. read the manga dude i even gave you the chapter. he was saying luffy was getting as good of obsv haki as himself.
I don't recall him ever saying Luffy was reaching his level of Observation Haki, just that he was starting to see the future and it was happening inconsistently.

Katakuri is leagues above Luffy's speed in base and Gear Second, keeping up with his fastest form. If Katakuri ditched that trident and just slammed him with the stuff I listed while he was preventing Luffy from going Gear Fourth, he was gonna replicate that damage anyways. And Luffy has pretty much no way of landing a hit of the same caliber on Katakuri without Gear Fourth, and even then, without that extra injury from Katakuri himself, Katakuri wouldn't go down at the same time as him.

Also when you keep hitting on a wound that gives even more residual damage. so those hits were extra effective.
This just makes it worse for Luffy as that means the residual damage he dealt from Katakuri's self-inflicted wound wouldn't be there, while Katakuri is more than likely able to replicate that same wound on Luffy with or without Flambe's help.

now you full on speculating.
He's not limited to just the trident though. He has moves that are much stronger than his blow with the trident, so that damage can still be replicated. And even if we attribute that kind of damage to only being effective via a trident wound, Katakuri would just need to hit him with the same speed he used to keep up with Snake Man. Or the speed he used to hit him with Power Mochi and the multiple of other melee blows he hit Luffy with.

Anyways your whole claim of the luffy's damage vs kata's damage has completely been refuted.
Lmaooooo okay sure.

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't recall him ever saying Luffy was reaching his level of Observation Haki, just that he was starting to see the future and it was happening inconsistently.

Katakuri is leagues above Luffy's speed in base and Gear Second, keeping up with his fastest form. If Katakuri ditched that trident and just slammed him with the stuff I listed while he was preventing Luffy from going Gear Fourth, he was gonna replicate that damage anyways. And Luffy has pretty much no way of landing a hit of the same caliber on Katakuri without Gear Fourth, and even then, without that extra injury from Katakuri himself, Katakuri wouldn't go down at the same time as him.

This just makes it worse for Luffy as that means the residual damage he dealt from Katakuri's self-inflicted wound wouldn't be there, while Katakuri is more than likely able to replicate that same wound on Luffy with or without Flambe's help.

He's not limited to just the trident though. He has moves that are much stronger than his blow with the trident, so that damage can still be replicated. And even if we attribute that kind of damage to only being effective via a trident wound, Katakuri would just need to hit him with the same speed he used to keep up with Snake Man. Or the speed he used to hit him with Power Mochi and the multiple of other melee blows he hit Luffy with.

Lmaooooo okay sure.
chapter 892 page 15 is where kata says it. if he was leagues ahead why didnt he stomp right then and there and why was he having trouble hitting him with decisive hits. He couldnt pin luffy down once his obsv haki was improving. again luffy would have gotten solid hits in snakeman and he wouldve had more stamina if not for a hit to his vital organs and subsequent free hits kata got from it.

Luffy actually got hurt worse than kata from that hit thats obvious and now you are arguing he can easily replicate what did once your argument was shut down, when kata was extremely shocked that he even got a critical hit like that. Again reread the manga, I am going based on what oda wrote and katakuri's own words over all your bs speculation. and if kata amps up then so will luffy with snakeman and luffy even after getting battered, luffy got better hits on kata than vice versa.

lol your argument keeps changing when manga panels and events from the manga are presented.
first it was oh "katakuri got hurt worse because he had lower stamina" and now after i show u all of kata's free hits from that stab. its "oh he would've easily replicated it anyway" even though katakuri's own statements suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
chapter 892 page 15 is where kata says it. if he was leagues ahead why didnt he stomp right then and there and why was he having trouble hitting him with decisive hits.
Okay that point's conceded then. As for why he didn't stomp and had trouble hitting them, that's just inconsistent writing. Katakuri was fast enough to blitz Luffy in Gear 2 and base, and was on par with his speed with Snake Man and land blows on that form(Luffy's fastest), so to say that it's impossible for him to hit with the trident when he's thrusting it with the same speed and power he's using to thrust the blows he lands cleanly/directly on Luffy is asinine.

He couldnt pin luffy down once his obsv haki was improving.
Except he tagged Luffy many times after Luffy's Observation increased. Luffy was also able to dodge and avoid Katakuri's blows before his Observation Haki increased. Luffy's Observation Haki sporadically allowing him to see the future didn't actually impact the fight. It affected very small moments, yes, but overall, the fight between Luffy and Katakuri doesn't look any different after the improvement than before, since panels of Luffy dodging and getting barreled can be found in both halves of the fight.

again luffy would have gotten solid hits in snakeman and he wouldve had more stamina if not for a hit to his vital organs and subsequent free hits kata got from it.
I'm not disagreeing with that. What I am saying is that Katakuri wouldn't have passed out during his fight with Luffy without the damage of his own stab PLUS the damage Luffy dealt with his own blows. On the other hand, Luffy wouldn't have passed out with the damage that came from the stab plus the rest of the damage Katakuri dealt.

The difference is that the chances of Katakuri causing that damage without the stab and the rest of the damage he dealt to KO Luffy is high, while the chances of Luffy being able to replicate the damage Katakuri inflicted on himself plus the damage from his own attacks is not.

Luffy actually got hurt worse than kata from that hit thats obvious and now you are arguing he can easily replicate what did
It's the exact same stab. It's the exact same damage to both of them. It wouldn't make any sense for Katakuri to stab himself with less impact than the impact that stabbed Luffy because that would defeat the point of stabbing himself.

If you're saying that the stab effected Luffy more than it did Katakuri, then that's not really "unfair" as the net result of Luffy being injured at that point is all within Katakuri's capacity to deliver, while Luffy doesn't have the capacity to damage Katakuri as much as he was as a result of Luffy's own blows and Katakuri's own stabbing combined.

when kata was extremely shocked that he even got a critical hit like that.
That wasn't Katakuri being shocked, that was Katakuri piecing together in his head what happened, and realizing that he landed a critical blow because Flambe interfered. Which is a blow Katakuri is well within the capacity of delivering without Flambe's help, since he was preventing Luffy from going Gear Fourth, had more powerful moves than the stab in his belt, and the speed to keep up with Luffy's fastest form.
and if kata amps up then so will luffy with snakeman and luffy even after getting battered got better hits on kata than vice versa.
Snake Man's blows are even weaker than Boundman's which is arguably weaker than Katakuri's power-heavy blows. While they are stronger than Katakuri's trident stab, it's those blows PLUS Katakuri stabbing himself that caused him to pass out.

Luffy needs to be able to replicate the damage of both that stab and what he dealt besides the stab to KO Katakuri the same way he did in the manga, and I don't think the chances of him being able to do that are high.

lol your argument keeps changing when manga panels and events from the manga are presented.
My argument hasn't changed once since we started this debate.

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay that point's conceded then. As for why he didn't stomp and had trouble hitting them, that's just inconsistent writing. Katakuri was fast enough to blitz Luffy in Gear 2 and base, and was on par with his speed with Snake Man and land blows on that form(Luffy's fastest), so to say that it's impossible for him to hit with the trident when he's thrusting it with the same speed and power he's using to thrust the blows he lands cleanly/directly on Luffy is asinine.

Except he tagged Luffy many times after Luffy's Observation increased. Luffy was also able to dodge and avoid Katakuri's blows before his Observation Haki increased. Luffy's Observation Haki sporadically allowing him to see the future didn't actually impact the fight. It affected very small moments, yes, but overall, the fight between Luffy and Katakuri doesn't look any different after the improvement than before, since panels of Luffy dodging and getting barreled can be found in both halves of the fight.

I'm not disagreeing with that. What I am saying is that Katakuri wouldn't have passed out during his fight with Luffy without the damage of his own stab PLUS the damage Luffy dealt with his own blows. On the other hand, Luffy wouldn't have passed out with the damage that came from the stab plus the rest of the damage Katakuri dealt.

The difference is that the chances of Katakuri causing that damage without the stab and the rest of the damage he dealt to KO Luffy is high, while the chances of Luffy being able to replicate the damage Katakuri inflicted on himself plus the damage from his own attacks is not.

It's the exact same stab. It's the exact same damage to both of them. It wouldn't make any sense for Katakuri to stab himself with less impact than the impact that stabbed Luffy because that would defeat the point of stabbing himself.

If you're saying that the stab effected Luffy more than it did Katakuri, then that's not really "unfair" as the net result of Luffy being injured at that point is all within Katakuri's capacity to deliver, while Luffy doesn't have the capacity to damage Katakuri as much as he was as a result of Luffy's own blows and Katakuri's own stabbing combined.

That wasn't Katakuri being shocked, that was Katakuri piecing together in his head what happened, and realizing that he landed a critical blow because Flambe interfered. Which is a blow Katakuri is well within the capacity of delivering without Flambe's help, since he was preventing Luffy from going Gear Fourth, had more powerful moves than the stab in his belt, and the speed to keep up with Luffy's fastest form.

Snake Man's blows are even weaker than Boundman's which is arguably weaker than Katakuri's power-heavy blows. While they are stronger than Katakuri's trident stab, it's those blows PLUS Katakuri stabbing himself that caused him to pass out.

Luffy needs to be able to replicate the damage of both that stab and what he dealt besides the stab to KO Katakuri the same way he did in the manga, and I don't think the chances of him being able to do that are high.

My argument hasn't changed once since we started this debate.
no it was weird but oda consistently has shown that once luffy got better obsv haki, kata had a tough time pinning him down even though he was in base mode. when he went snake mode they both were fighting extremely cqc type battle and traded blows with each other where luffy got the best of kata eventually.

No the chance is not high. again read chapter 893, kata was shocked that luffy was even capable of being hit a vital spot like that, that was the most major hit to luffy more so than anything else kata got him with. So to just casually say he can easily replicate that damage is going against the manga and katakuri's own statements.

that free stab from flambe and the free hits by kata hurt luffy and affected his performance more so since its objectively more damage
if kata was going to go for the bigger guns luffy wouldve went for snake man.

luffy without the stab could have tanked way more damage from kata. he would have landed more hits from snake man. luffy at the end of the day has better stamina so his snake man hits + some regular hits would have left kata in a bad state but kata would edge out a win due to the G4 time limit. I have never said luffy is better than kata, since he needed brulee to escape in the first place. but luffy can match kata and can outspeed him by a bit with snakeman. your argument that he can easily replicate what he did without flambe is what i disagree with which goes against what the manga and kata's own statements

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I said those are rough numbers to illustrate how the stab can affect them differently, despite being the same injury, genius.

Luffy having better stamina isn't an "anime speculation," it's demonstrated fact. He takes more hits from Katakuri than Katakuri takes from him, and Katakuri is dishing out bigger blows than Luffy at that too. And they still passed out at the same time. The only logical conclusion is that Katakuri's stamina isn't as high, something reinforced by it being noted that people who avoid taking damage in fights(Ace and Caribou) are notably worse at taking hits than people who do.
Actually ace is a stamina beast He has one of the best stamina feats in the series (well more so statement) he fought jinbe for 5 days straight (so in terms of being a stamina beast he's up there with jack and the dukes etc)

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually ace is a stamina beast He has one of the best stamina feats in the series (well more so statement) he fought jinbe for 5 days straight (so in terms of being a stamina beast he's up there with jack and the dukes etc)
The Dukes are not stamina beasts lmao
They had breaks lmao
I agree with Jack being a stamina beast though

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Dukes are not stamina beasts lmao
They had breaks lmao
I agree with Jack being a stamina beast though
They only had breaks because of their dumb decision not to be near one another.. But they each basically fought for 2 and a half days .. Still a stamina beast better a lot of people who are viewed as stronger then them and that's not to say that they can't fight for 5 days straight

For example katakuri is way below them in terms of stamina (granted he injured himself lol)
Or doflamingo (also granted he had to keep a entire country in check which consisted of a admiral zoro barto don sai etc. Also he got gamma knifed lol)arguably Luffy as well

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
bro he already did that
No he didn't. He was aiming to do so, but Jinbei interfered and as a result, the magma spilled onto Luffy's chest and that caused the scar. Akainu himself said that if Jinbei hadn't moved Luffy's body and the blow had went through his heart like he planned, Luffy would have died instantly and painlessly.

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Replace Luffy with Old WB. Those introductory attacks the Admirals landed on WB - Freezing, Great Eruption, Magma Demon, Point Black Chest Laser. Are all taking him out, one hit. Luffy hasn’t shown that level of durability. Fujitora is the only Admiral I am uncertain can deliver a ranged (not contact) one shot.

Edogawa

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Replace Luffy with Old WB. Those introductory attacks the Admirals landed on WB - Freezing, Great Eruption, Magma Demon, Point Black Chest Laser. Are all taking him out, one hit. Luffy hasn’t shown that level of durability. Fujitora is the only Admiral I am uncertain can deliver a ranged (not contact) one shot.
Lol, Luffy is far more durable than WB.
Post automatically merged:

Given to how Oda has always portrayed the Admirals and Yonkos as equals in power-scaling, they all can one-shot G4 Luffy.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Blackbeards bounty is around 2.28 billion if luffy is near to yonko's bounty , oda will certainly make luffy yonko by end of the series . At this moment Admiral could put down luffy low mid diff .

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Lol, Luffy is far more durable than WB.
Post automatically merged:

Given to how Oda has always portrayed the Admirals and Yonkos as equals in power-scaling, they all can one-shot G4 Luffy.
Yes, I remember when Luffy had his internal organs blown by Akainu (multiple times) and Kizaru, frozen by Kuzan, 267 sword stab wounds and half of his head blasted off. All while still performing at a Top Level. Luffy got his head rocked once by Kaido. Meanwhile Kaido is crying about what WB did to him in their bouts, 2 years after. Implying he wasn't one to put down easy.

Edogawa

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, I remember when Luffy had his internal organs blown by Akainu (multiple times) and Kizaru, frozen by Kuzan, 267 sword stab wounds and half of his head blasted off. All while still performing at a Top Level. Luffy got his head rocked once by Kaido. Meanwhile Kaido is crying about what WB did to him in their bouts, 2 years after. Implying he wasn't one to put down easy.
You're confused between durability and endurance; WB can endure damage, in other words, he shrugs off hits. However, he's not a tank (durability) because mere things like swords and bullets were running through him easily. Base Luffy was tanking Kizaru's lasers (that ran through WB), and at Gear 4 was tanking Doffy's strings, which can cut large hills (mind you Luffy is weak to cutting/piercing damage). Also, Kaido's brute strength is far above all of the examples you mentioned. Kaido never cried about what WB did to him, you pulled that out of your ass. It's nowhere mentioned in the manga.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're confused between durability and endurance; WB can endure damage, in other words, he shrugs off hits. However, he's not a tank (durability) because mere things like swords and bullets were running through him easily. Base Luffy was tanking Kizaru's lasers (that ran through WB), and at Gear 4 was tanking Doffy's strings, which can cut large hills (mind you Luffy is weak to cutting/piercing damage). Also, Kaido's brute strength is far above all of the examples you mentioned. Kaido never cried about what WB did to him, you pulled that out of your ass. It's nowhere mentioned in the manga.
Whitebeard definitely would've done some things to him though.

It is my guess though that, of the 7 times he's been defeated. Having big mom and whitebeard as the older generation, he definitely tried to dethrone them like liffy is now, to become yonko. And I'm sure big mom and white beard have handed him some of those losses back then . That's just my guess though