salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not his Taijutsu, his skills in general. Unlike with Sarada, he was using his clones, which is an essential part of his fighting style, not to mention the Boruto Stream.

This is on topic. We're still discussing Boruto's genius, after all.
He specifically referred to borutos ninjutsu and thaijutsu being at chunin level.

He actually never grabbed the bell. He almost did then kakashi substituted. Sasuke Still the closest to getting a bell.
Yeah I agree fans only show you what they want to show even via deception(not showing everything). Anyway Sasuke's base thaijutsu was above Boruto's ever was so we know why sasuke did what he did.

Last edited:

Hagoromo sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was literally about to type this. Boruto being chunin level at the age of 10 is nothing impressive. Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Kakashi all graduated earlier, and became chunin at a very young age. Mind you they achieved that status during the period the shinobi world was at war.
Stop being so silly,In a war torn era,Boruto would probably be jonin by now(If he gets enough training from noteworthy characters before he hits puberty)

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto being Chunin level isn't mind blowing. Like people have said, Kakashi graduated to Chunin level younger, and Itachi was even better than anyone else before-him.

Still receiving praise from Kakashi himself is high. When a Prodigy refers to another as a Prodigy, that's gotta mean something.

He actually never grabbed the bell if you look closely. He almost did, his hand is closing in on it then kakashi substituted. Sasuke Still the closest to getting a bell.
I swear substition jutsu is the biggest deux machina ever. When did Kakashi ever have time to get a log? Anyway, yeah I'm just going by Kakashi's statement of him almost grabbing the bell.

Sasuke only touched with his fingers, and Boruto touched it as well before he substituted.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[Sub]Considering Kakashi became a chunin at 6, a jonin at 10, joined the ANBU at 13, and Itachi became a chunin at 10, and catapulted to ANBU leader at 13, I'd say Boruto being chunin status at 13 is extremely unimpressive and not an iota a prodigy.[/Sub]​
Both Itachi and Kakashi were trained during times of war, the standards were notably different back then, just as they are now in comparison to how it was back in Naruto's era. After all, back then, Sasuke using a Fireball Jutsu was enough to greatly impress Kakashi, while most of Boruto's named class has showed far more impressive stuff already. Hell, if you stop to think, the Kakashi we saw on his Garden showed nothing that would put him above the likes of late Part 1 Sasuke at the time and Obito, a Chunin, couldn't even use the Sharingan. They really weren't all that impressive.

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay I'm going to be honest here.

I truly like Boruto. His fighting style to be more precise but I seriously can't stand his freaking voice. The voice actor in my opinion is TERRIBLE I want to cut my ears out whenever Boruto talks bit higher. >.<

Regardless this episode was good. Boruto having the skills of a chunin is legit. He's 9-10 right now? We had chunin level characters like him at the same age as well. (Kakashi and Itachi). So it's not a reach nor is it impossible.

But the real mvp is Mitsuki here. Being Jonin Level with 9-10 is something new and something really impressive. Dude defeated a serious (but no killing intent) Jonin.

Last edited:
Reactions: salamander uchiha

Jiren

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can I see a scan of where Bolt was using elements/clones/tactics in that fight? :coffee:
Sarada wasn't using her sharingan or CES or any lightning jutsus. Point is it can go either way and Boruto gentle fist was rendered useless against her base taijutsu. Not picking sides I think theyre still close in power. Boruto is not 100% superior to Sarada, Boruto fans just seem to always be on a high horse because he always gets academy and try to downplay Sarada for the same reason just saying. :lol:

Mori Jin

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't wait for Kakashi to ridicule Boruto's ass.

Boruto is definitely shaping up to the Prodigy we see in the beginning of the film, disrespecting hard work and training.

Kakashi made him butt hurt LOL
Haven't watched the episode, tell me if he does though. Might just watch that episode.

UchihasRightfulHeir

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto being Chunin level isn't mind blowing. Like people have said, Kakashi graduated to Chunin level younger, and Itachi was even better than anyone else before-him.

Still receiving praise from Kakashi himself is high. When a Prodigy refers to another as a Prodigy, that's gotta mean something.

I swear substition jutsu is the biggest deux machina ever. When did Kakashi ever have time to get a log? Anyway, yeah I'm just going by Kakashi's statement of him almost grabbing the bell.

Sasuke only touched with his fingers, and Boruto touched it as well before he substituted.
I've been wondering this since early Naruto, where do they get the logs from? Do they carry it around? Lol.

Even from the image I can see boruto never really touches it. In a way you could say he is the closest because he almost grabs the entire thing. Sasuke touched it with the tip of his fingers. But his(boruto) hands are around it not touching it. if he grabbed it kakashi couldn't substitute it(as per substitution explanation) as substitution happens just before connection.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sarada wasn't using her sharingan or CES or any lightning jutsus. Point is it can go either way and Boruto gentle fist was rendered useless against her base taijutsu. Not picking sides I think theyre still close in power. Boruto is not 100% superior to Sarada, Boruto fans just seem to always be on a high horse because he always gets academy and try to downplay Sarada for the same reason just saying. :lol:
Would you say that Boruto/Mitsuki are the two strongest right now based on Kakashi's statements + Portrayal

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been wondering this since early Naruto, where do they get the logs from? Do they carry it around? Lol.
It never really made sense to me either. lol

Even from the image I can see boruto never really touches it. In a way you could say he is the closest because he almost grabs the entire thing. Sasuke touched it with the tip of his fingers. But his(boruto) hands are around it not touching it. if he grabbed it kakashi couldn't substitute it(as per substitution explanation) as substitution happens just before connection.
[video=youtube;425_5KGrojE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425_5KGrojE[/video]

Go to 10:35

Boruto touches it 100% sure. The bells even make a sound when his fingers pass through them, the same way Sasuke did his.

Jiren

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Would you say that Boruto/Mitsuki are the two strongest right now based on Kakashi's statements + Portrayal

Boruto touches it 100% sure. The bells even make a sound when his fingers pass through them, the same way Sasuke did his.
Based on hype and portrayl Boruto would be the strongest of the 3 but based on pure feats its Mitsuki > Boruto=> Sarada. this makes most sense to me anyway.

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Off topic but:

Sumire is legit stupid :kk:
Her nue blinded Konohamaru for a few seconds enough time to use a water bullet and destroy the device :kk: :kk:

Okay :kk:

Reactions: Sagebee

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This is a cut version and Boruto was left holding a leaf I didn't see the bell. So the sound was likely to indicate kakashi was using replacement which requires rapid motion.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Off topic but:

Sumire is legit stupid :kk:
Her nue blinded Konohamaru for a few seconds enough time for to use a water bullet and destroy the device :kk: :kk:

Okay :kk:
TBH the fights are far from over.

Everyone still has to get the Bell. I'm assuming Boruto will continue to make an ass of himself, and everyone will wrap up their fights. The last episode it'll be everyone v. Kakashi, and somehow most of them will get through.

This is a cut version and Boruto was left holding a leaf. So the sound was likely to indicate kakashi was using replacement which requires motion.
Yeah Kakashi substituted himself after Boruto felt the balls.

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
TBH the fights are far from over.

Everyone still has to get the Bell. I'm assuming Boruto will continue to make an ass of himself, and everyone will wrap up their fights. The last episode it'll be everyone v. Kakashi, and somehow most of them will get through.

Yeah I know and she was worried about Sarada so she used the Nue for a diversion but that's still stupid. But since the current theme of the episode was Teamwork I guess it had to happen.

I'm just looking forward for Sumire's enchanting abilities since it was revealed that she's an enchanter lol.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think so if your hand is wrapped around something it's not a time space jutsu. If it was as you say then Borut would've been holding the bell and not a leaf. It would be impossible to substitute. Borut opens his closed hand to see a leaf. In other words replacement was already in effect so Boruto didn't have the bell. It maybe been dropping towards his hand but that's about it

Glad Of War

Elite
Kin
117💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Both Itachi and Kakashi were trained during times of war, the standards were notably different back then, just as they are now in comparison to how it was back in Naruto's era. After all, back then, Sasuke using a Fireball Jutsu was enough to greatly impress Kakashi, while most of Boruto's named class has showed far more impressive stuff already. Hell, if you stop to think, the Kakashi we saw on his Garden showed nothing that would put him above the likes of late Part 1 Sasuke at the time and Obito, a Chunin, couldn't even use the Sharingan. They really weren't all that impressive.
That's exactly the point. They were trained in a time where the need of competent ninjas were top on everybody's list. Yet, characters such as Itachi had proficient skills enough to be recognised as the best of the best. The current generation are filled with mediocre characters who wouldn't last in a battle during the warring state period, or the shinobi world war. For this reason, Boruto has little to no competition bar Mitsuki and Sarada.

nk07ki30

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Seriously tho I didn't want this thread to turn into a Boruto v. Sarada debate.

They are both competent ninjas. Boruto gets to shine a bit more now due to his failure in the upcoming Chunin Exam Arc, from here on out I think Boruto is really going to start slacking big time.

The feats aren't over yet too.
If I see another Boruto vs Sarada thread again or turned into? Then I’m gonna go full on Tomura on the damn forums.