Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Boruto Chapter 18 Release (OD)

To be fair Boruto's taijutsu relies almost entirely on using shadow clones so without it he is at a distinct disadvantage. One on one though she is definitely superior just like Sasuke was to Naruto most of the series.
You say that but Boruto took out more of Shojoji's henchman without ganging on them so I wouldn't dis classify his CQC.

They prob just trying to force Kenjutsu on him early.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

>Boruto gets owned in taijutsu by Sarada without her Sharingan activated after saying he wouldn't hold back
>says her taijutsu is on par with his

Someone explain to me what kind of retarded logic is this. What was shown is that her taijutsu is superior.
I gotta agree Sarada cqc was superb but then you also have to taken the consideration that Boruto is nerfed too since he doesn't have a joagan. INB4 you gonna it "OP" when all we know is that it's the waterdown version of the byakugan.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

In hindsight I don't care if you guys talk about the fighting stuff in this thread. As long as it doesn't take over the thread.

Just inb4 someone tries to report comments or anything. It's good with me

Darth AniCetuS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

That was a decent chapter. I think its the ninja's reliance on technology is what going to end the age of the ninja.

Loved how mature Naruto has become at assessing the situation and making decisions.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

This is so slow, feels its like a weekly chapter of content but spread to a month.

I don't like how Boruto CQC got nerfed, as a MC it's to be expected I guess? It's completely different from his fight against Shojoji IMO.

MomoSaka

Elite
Kin
106💸
Kumi
573💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

This is so slow, feels its like a weekly chapter of content but spread to a month.

I don't like how Boruto CQC got nerfed, as a MC it's to be expected I guess? It's completely different from his fight against Shojoji IMO.
Just wants to remind you that Boruto isn't the only main character.

Conspirator.

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

The chapter itself is decent, but the pacing is sluggish when you consider the fact that it's a monthly manga. It was good to see Sumire again too.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it was a decent chapter. There was decent dialogue, there was some action thrown in there.Worth reading.

And yes, they had their boring hokage/intel protocol dialogue,too.I hate that part, so much.Please, less of that.And someone said it was too short...43 chapters, is considered short?And lack of development?Yeah, cause you can't SEE what the chapter entails for the plot.It's obvious.Take over of "ninja tech", over-reliance, ulterior motives, scientists having connections with "kara", it's secretly in your faces.That's entailing the plot.

I can see what the plot is gonna be like.

Why still call sumire class rep hope she stays a ninja and this only a temporary internship.

I get the point of the chapter of boruto learning tech isn't it's a tool to be used for good or evil like ao states last chapter was a bit unnecessary tho to waste a chapter on it.

Also think narutos being irresponsible sending them out their 8f whatever's out there's giving konahamaru trouble they have no business being there.

At least we will get konahamaru so fight next month
Bro, that's being in denial.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

This chapter was alright. Just too short and not enough development.

Ikemoto had one month and this is all he gave us :kk:
I'm on 50/50 on this. I don't mind if he give us all the time he needs to give us heavy exposition for buildup and character development to flesh things out as long as the series can deliver the payoff in the longrun. However If we waited too long without much payoff and doesnt meet the standard in terms of plot and hype, then it wouldn't be much worth waiting.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Ikr???

Sumire is totally one of my favorites from now on. :blush:
Yes, you get your irrelevant assistant researcher in a school mini girl skirt,that probably want make often appearances in the manga. While you have boruto, sarada, and mitsuki doing most of the action and dialogue,you still show favoritism over someone as insignificant as sumire, and give her all the credit.For no reason.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Because she was also getting pressured by him, hence on par, regardless of who is ultimately superior by an iota, just as Madara and Hashirama are on par but we know the latter is superior overall. And right, bring up Sharingan as if 1T means anything, even the anime didn't give it any spectacular feats, though you seem to love hopping from calling it canon to calling it filler when it suits your whim.

@bold: Looks like your concept of "getting pressured" is a little bit disturbed. Show me a scan of Sarada getting pressured by Boruto until Mitsuki steps into the fight, I'll wait.

It's quite the contrary, actually:

You must be registered for see images

Sarada fodderized all of Boruto's gentle fist attacks, he's the one who got pressured the entire fight until the very moment Mitsuki has to step in. But I must agree with thgt89 on this one; Boruto's taijutsu mostly relies on his shadow clones and there were none of them there, so he was in clear disadvantage.

Also, why you hating on 1T Sharingan when you know what it can do depending on the user. Sarada was already shown to be a Sharingan prodigy, so she can user her 1T Sharingan proficiently: precog, genjutsu, copy technique.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

@bold: Looks like your concept of "getting pressured" is a little bit disturbed. Show me a scan of Sarada getting pressured by Boruto until Mitsuki steps into the fight, I'll wait.

It's quite the contrary, actually:

Sarada fodderized all of Boruto's gentle fist attacks, he's the one who got pressured the entire fight until the very moment Mitsuki has to step in.
I agree that Salad was clearly blocking his attacks, but at the same time, you saying she's fodderizing him in taijutsu isn't true since she clearly wasn't able to go on the offensive right away against Bolt's rush of attacks and instead had to defend, which still shows Bolt. Maybe "pressuring" isn't the right word for me to use.

Also, why you hating on 1T Sharingan when you know what it can do depending on the user. Sarada was already shown to be a Sharingan prodigy, so she can user her 1T Sharingan proficiently: precog, genjutsu, copy technique.
Pointing out the flaws in your logic isn't hating on the Sharingan, I don't think I need to remind you I was among the few non-Salad fans actually defending 1Ts feats when they were shown. That said, Salad still has no feats in how good her precognition is, so bringing it up is irrelevant, just as it would be to bring up Sasuke's 3T genjutsu when he never used it until part 2.

NinjutsuSen

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Where did that "Sumire quitted being a shinobi" came from?
The chapter didn't mentioned anything regarding that. The researcher thing could be a secondary activity just like Sakura working on the hospital, Ino working in the flower shop etc. Or that can be something temporally.

Them saying she didn't participated on the Chunin exam tells me that she is already Genin and having a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.