chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mangekyou sharingan is powerful without a doubt. We all know this. However, Kishimoto really shafted some people hard in the MS department. Here is my ranking of MS users from 1 to 5 (where 1 means that Kishi was most benevolent to that person, while 5 means that Kishi did that person dirty!). Note: I am not counting Indra, Izuna, Shin, or any borrowed sharingan user like Kakashi or Danzou.

1. Obito Uchiha

Obito undistputably got the best mangekyou sharingan in the series. It has so many applications both in battle and in life. Kamui can easily be used for transportation. Who needs vehicles when you can just warp places! Kamui also grants free real estate/property/storage. You literally have a whole dimension to yourself to store things, take up residence, or do whatever you want there. If you sync up to other space time ninjutsus such as Kaguya's, then you can even access other dimensions as well! Then of course, kamui can be used defensively because of the intangibility (and the intangability in itself is also a practical use because doors/locks/walls can't get in your way). Kamui can also be used offensively because you can snipe people's limbs and heads off with the long range kamui, launch projectiles out of kamui's dimension, or even mix kamui with other techniques such as fire style or susanoo shuriken! Heck, kamui also apparently grants tracking capabilities, as Obito said that he could track Minato (although that could just be a sensor feat rather than a kamui feat). As if that wasn't enough, due to having Hashirama's cells, Obito was allowed to use kamui with no drawbacks of the mangekyou sharingan!!! (And yes, Obito's MS does also grant susanoo as seen when Kakashi used it)

2. Itachi Uchiha

Now it may be a little controversial putting him above the likes of Sasuke and Madara, but here is the thing. Itachi is the only Uchiha that Kishi gave 2 completely different mangekyou techniques. Everyone else either got 2 versions of the same technique or no unique techniques at all! Itachi's susanoo even came with spiritual weapons (yes I know Itachi apparently found them). Now, his benefits are mitigated by his poor health and stamina and the fact that he suffered from the effects of MS, but still... If it weren't for those effects, Itachi would have some major advantages over some other Uchihas. Now, when compared to Sasuke, I'd have to say that I'd rather have amaterasu and tsukuyomi over amaterasu and enton. That is because enton is just shape transformation to amaterasu, and amaterasu alone is pretty one track. All you can really do with it is fight and destroy. Unlike with kamui, amaterasu has just about no practical application. I mean sure you could do some stuff with it like cook or start campfires, but amaterasu is actually really excessive for those tasks. Regular fire or cooking tools will suffice. Think about it this way. If I'm a civillian in the real world who doesn't really lead a violent life, I could still get great use out of something like kamui, but when the heck am I ever going to use amaterasu? What, should I just go burning down buildings or something? At least tsukuyomi offers a little more versatility to what a user of Itachi's MS could do. With tsukuyomi you can at least control someone, or extract information out of them, or show them things via genjutsu, etc... Heck, honestly even Shin's telekinesis jutsu is more practical than amaterasu alone. Amaterasu really is only for battle pretty much.

3. Sasuke Uchiha

I pretty much did a lot of Sasuke's explaining in Itachi's, but I'll summarize. While Sasuke's mangekyou sharingan is powerful, it is pretty much one track battle oriented. It is basically pure destruction with almost no practical application. Now Sasuke does make up for it by having EMS, and therefore removing the drawbacks that previously prevented him from using his MS most effectively. In that aspect, he surpasses his brother. However, in terms of what he actually got, he better just keep fighting for the rest of his life if he actually wants to continue to get some use out of that MS. Man, it's a good thing he awakened the rinnegan!

Now we get into really dirty territory:

4. Shisui Uchiha

10 years?!! 10 freaking years?!!! Need I say more? I don't care how good Kotoamatsukami supposedly is! Without Hashirama's cells, you have to wait a freaking decade to use it again! You realize that this means that a person most likely could only ever use it less than 10 times per eye in their entire life span, right? Then, the jutsu isn't even super infallible to boot! Danzou used it on Mifune, and Ao snapped him out of it simply by telling him that Danzou was using the genjutsu! Honestly, you could accomplish more with tsukuyomi! Then, I bet you Shisui probably didn't have Senju DNA (or EMS or rikudou chakara), so he probably suffered from the effects of the MS too! What the heck Kishi? What the heck?!

Now who could have been done dirtier than Shisui? Well, last but not least we have...

5. Madara Uchiha:

No unique mangekyou techniques!!!!!!! Need I say more?! None!!! I was honestly actually kind of pissed that Kishi did Madara so wrong like this!!! I mean, even a filler video game OVA did Madara more justice in the MS department than Kishi did (in the OVA, Madara could seemingly reverse time and fast forward it with his MS, and that would have been an awesome MS technique, but did Kishi take the hint? No!) I mean, Kishi nerfed Madara so much in general! It is bull crap! For as dirty as Shisui was done, at least he still had Kotoamatsukami in addition to presumably susanoo. Madara only had susanoo. Like Sasuke, at least he had EMS (so no drawbacks) and rinnegan to make up for it.

I didn't include Indra/Izuna because we haven't really seen them in battle (I'm not counting the anime exclusive stuff). As for Shin, Kakashi and Danzou, I only wanted to count real Uchihas.

What do you guys think? Agree? Disagree? Share your thoughts both about my list and your own versions of this list.

Discuss.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Agree with the list. Although I think Itachi should be 1st and Obito 2nd.

Madara was the worst. We don't even know what Madara's MS special abilities were.

Klubargutan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agree except for numbers 2/3..... I'd put Sasuke and Itachi as equals, or perhaps give Sasuke a little edge.... Your arguments are correct, however....if you somehow use Amaterasu on something you don't want to..or you just want to extinguish it...you have to use the enton - i.e. what Itachi does not have. Sharingan genjutsu itself is powerful enough to paralyze enemies....only without really controlling the time in there.

Madara showing no abilities whatsoever pisses me out way too much. I'd say he had the same ones as Sasuke - because he was able to absorb amaterasu:
You must be registered for see images

Chapter 657

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The best ability is Obito's eyes.

Shisui's charge time that's only applicable to non Shisui. He would've had to use it then recharge it and use it again 10 years later to establish the term limit. That would imply he awoke his MS at something like 5.

However I think Madara's MS ability is remote control of his Susanoo weapons or they're unknown.

Madara's Susanoo launches the blade at Gaara.

Shukaku blocks the blade and saves Gaara Madara the forces the blade to do a spin cutting the Mezo chains (another feat) all without any direct connection.
Shin's abilitiy seems to be a lesser version of this.

I disagree with the order somewhat but number 1 is spot on.

Last edited:

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OP: I agree with the Madara portion and I also want to add Izuna. I know you explicitly said that you avoided including him there but in his fight against Tobirama in the anime, he only used his 3T. And either way, Izuna’s MS abilities should’ve been talked about by either Madara, Hashirama or Tobirama if he’d had any. He was said to be as skilled as Madara, so he received a huge nerf himself.

Klubargutan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How can anyone put anyone above Obito? His eyes didn't even bleed until he used his MS to synchronize with Kaguya's (basically, "god's") dimensions (though it's most likely thanks to his Hashirama's cells)....all that AFTER a full day of fighting, AFTER getting hit by like 3 rasengans, AFTER getting his heart penetrated, AFTER losing all the bijus as a jinchuriki, AFTER losing the Gedo Mazo statue, AFTER using rinne tensei and AFTER getting informed that Madara actually killed Rin and used Obito.

His abilities have basically NO weaknesses (except for having to become solid while teleporting). There's no way anyone sane would pick Itachi over Obito -_-

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agree!!!!

Madara's MS was one of the worse MS development in the series. Although there are some clues on what its techs could be: something along the lines of time "manipulation" and absorbing something (Amaterasu)

It's strange that Minato quoted Madara's name when Obito used that kind of arsenal:

Izuna should also be in your list!!

Actually there is a game where Izuna gains a MS that is related to genjutsu (and he adds sword techs- pretty fitting if you ask me).

ThelUchiha

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice thread and read.

I like Itachi ms because of Tsukuyomi -

But i like Sasuke eyes more because of controlling enton and making different shape of weapons with Amaterasu which should be unblockable and should cut through anything

Shisui - not a fan of kotoamatsukami

Not a fan of Kamui either - but i think its the strongest

Madara ?

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Guys!!

Is it safe to assume Izuna had Amaterasu?

Since Madara and Izuna were the first and most likely to be the only ones to have MS in their era. Plus Madara's ability to absorb it (....and it seems he was quite familiar with it)

Yeah, my opinion is that either Izuna had it or Madara eventually got to see some other Uchiha using it (while he was in the cave- what is less likely)

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then Madara really sucked and on the top of that he also had weak eyes.

Not a surprise he had to eat his superior's flesh in order to become strong.
Lmfao let’s not talk about Uchiha’s with weak eyes when your profile pic is Sarada :sdo:

Oh and also, he was the only person on the planet to match Hashirama even without a unique doujutsu tech. And he still threw their final battle

:kd:

Reactions: Klubargutan

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lmfao let’s not talk about Uchiha’s with weak eyes when your profile pic is Sarada :sdo:
Unlike Madara's, Sarada's Sharingan has never shown any sign of weakness despite the fact that she wears glasses.

Let's not talk about how you ignore the fact that Kishi himself said Sarada's character only wear glasses to look smart and sophisticated.

Nice try tho.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Unlike Madara's, Sarada's Sharingan has never shown any sign of weakness despite the fact that she wears glasses.

Let's not talk about how you ignore the fact that Kishi himself said Sarada's character only wear glasses to look smart and sophisticated.

Nice try tho.
>Has prescription glasses.
>”sharingan drains too much stamina” :Sparks:

Nice try, and let’s not ignore that Kishimoto (as this thread and countless others have pointed) had intentionally nerfed Madara’s family and yet, he still only “fell” to the strongest shinobi in history outside of himself. And again, he threw that match too.

Nice try tho :kd:

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Guys!!

Is it safe to assume Izuna had Amaterasu?

Since Madara and Izuna were the first and most likely to be the only ones to have MS in their era. Plus Madara's ability to absorb it (....and it seems he was quite familiar with it)

Yeah, my opinion is that either Izuna had it or Madara eventually got to see some other Uchiha using it (while he was in the cave- what is less likely)
I don't think that his absorption of amaterasu had anything to do with his MS techniques. I think Madara could simply absorb chakara. Remember: A few panels after he absorbed the amaterasu, he also absorbed a kyuubi cloak from a fodder with his foot. I'm pretty sure Madara also said that absorption was something that he learned. Either way, I doubt that amaterasu (or the absorption of amaterasu) was his mangekyou technique.

In fact, Madara even denounced amaterasu and said that it was beneath him. I doubt he would say that about his own technique (if Madara really did have amaterasu).

About Izuna: I have no idea. Even in the anime, we never saw him use MS.