PureSkillz

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agree except for numbers 2/3..... I'd put Sasuke and Itachi as equals, or perhaps give Sasuke a little edge.... Your arguments are correct, however....if you somehow use Amaterasu on something you don't want to..or you just want to extinguish it...you have to use the enton - i.e. what Itachi does not have. Sharingan genjutsu itself is powerful enough to paralyze enemies....only without really controlling the time in there.

Madara showing no abilities whatsoever pisses me out way too much. I'd say he had the same ones as Sasuke - because he was able to absorb amaterasu:
You must be registered for see images

Chapter 657
Itachi put out amaterasu when he burned sasuke with it didn't he

00Rinne

Veteran
Kin
351💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How could you put Itachi's over Obito's when Obito's MS has that plethora of versatile abilities and just about no drawbacks (even though this is likely due to Hashirama's cells).

While tsukuyomi allows for more practical everyday life application than Sasuke's, Itachi's MS is still a lot less versatile and a lot closer to being solely battle oriented than Obito's.
Only because Itachi was using MS of his own chakra an will while Obito had Hashiroids with no drawbacks cause of his amp cells..
Itachi being created as a sick character still manage to keep Obito at bay even though he was older an should've been considered stronger, but even he acknowledge that he'd be dead if Itachi knew the truth about him..

Obito knowing his doujutsu prowess admitted he was no match for Itachi.. That alone puts Itachi ahead of Tobi/Obito IMHO..

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only because Itachi was using MS of his own chakra an will while Obito had Hashiroids with no drawbacks cause of his amp cells..
Itachi being created as a sick character still manage to keep Obito at bay even though he was older an should've been considered stronger, but even he acknowledge that he'd be dead if Itachi knew the truth about him..

Obito knowing his doujutsu prowess admitted he was no match for Itachi.. That alone puts Itachi ahead of Tobi/Obito IMHO..
I'd say there are some interpretation errors here.

Obito said that if Itachi knew the truth about him then he would be dead. That statement could mean anything. It doesn't necessarily automatically mean "Itachi would beat me in a straight up fight to the death with no intel, prep time, assistance, etc...". For all we know, Obito could have meant that Itachi would have prepared in advance a trap that could kill Obito (kind of like how Konan with prep time set up those 600 billion explosive tags for the purpose of killing Obito). In fact, this is probably what Obito really did mean, seeing as how Itachi did actually set up a trap meant to kill Obito (implanting amaterasu in Sasuke's eye).

In short, the bold statement is false. Obito never said that. Like I said above, there are many reasons as to why Itachi knowing the truth could have led to Obito's death.

Another possible reason for example (aside from the one I already listed) could be: If Itachi knew the full truth about Obito (his identity, abilities, etc...) then perhaps he might have leaked info to Konoha (and specifically the info that Kakashi's eye would be key in countering Obito's kamui), and then that could have led to Obito's death at the hands of Konoha.

The bottom line is:

The statement "If Itachi knew everything about me, then I would be dead", does not equate to "Itachi was stronger than me and could beat me in a straight up 1 vs 1 battle".

Also, Itachi never "kept Obito at bay" as you say, at least not in battle. In fact, Itachi and Obito never even fought.

Anyway, this thread wasn't about who is stronger as an individual. It was just about whose mangekyou sharingan was better/worse in general (mainly about the techniques and a mixture of factoring in their practicality in day to day life, their battle power, and whether or not the Uchiha in question had to suffer from harmful effects).

00Rinne

Veteran
Kin
351💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd say there are some interpretation errors here.

Obito said that if Itachi knew the truth about him then he would be dead. That statement could mean anything. It doesn't necessarily automatically mean "Itachi would beat me in a straight up fight to the death with no intel, prep time, assistance, etc...". For all we know, Obito could have meant that Itachi would have prepared in advance a trap that could kill Obito (kind of like how Konan with prep time set up those 600 billion explosive tags for the purpose of killing Obito). In fact, this is probably what Obito really did mean, seeing as how Itachi did actually set up a trap meant to kill Obito (implanting amaterasu in Sasuke's eye).

In short, the bold statement is false. Obito never said that. Like I said above, there are many reasons as to why Itachi knowing the truth could have led to Obito's death.

Another possible reason for example (aside from the one I already listed) could be: If Itachi knew the full truth about Obito (his identity, abilities, etc...) then perhaps he might have leaked info to Konoha (and specifically the info that Kakashi's eye would be key in countering Obito's kamui), and then that could have led to Obito's death at the hands of Konoha.

The bottom line is:

The statement "If Itachi knew everything about me, then I would be dead", does not equate to "Itachi was stronger than me and could beat me in a straight up 1 vs 1 battle".

Also, Itachi never "kept Obito at bay" as you say, at least not in battle. In fact, Itachi and Obito never even fought.

Anyway, this thread wasn't about who is stronger as an individual. It was just about whose mangekyou sharingan was better/worse in general (mainly about the techniques and a mixture of factoring in their practicality in day to day life, their battle power, and whether or not the Uchiha in question had to suffer from harmful effects).
Respect!.
But we can also take note to Itachi knowing more about Obito then he lead on.. Obito/Tobi is or was just as worried about Itachi an vise versa..

It really could have went either way with a battle between the two.. Kamui world with Itachi in the inside would be death for Obito who would need to kill him there so he couldn't do somethin like Totsuka a phasing body part an there could or would be many ways for Obito to do something just as bad to Itachi.. This sword has double edges.. :hypnotobi::itachi: