Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Code:
[CENTER][B][MEDIA=youtube]HExlcWsuB98[/MEDIA][/B]
[/CENTER]
[B]Introduction to the Mafia Game[/B]

Mafia was originally a party game, typically attributed to Dmitry Davidoff and cited as being created in 1986. The game models a conflict between a small group of informed players (the Mafia) and a large group of uninformed players (the Town), and was designed to analyze the psychology of players when placed in either group, especially as a study of the mob mentality. It made the jump to forums much later, typically being attributed to mithrandir of The Grey Labyrinth, a puzzle forum, in mid-2000. The electronic medium allowed the game to evolve somewhat, featuring more complex setups and a slower pace that allows players to really consider their options, though it obviously lacks the necessity of a poker face found in the original form.

Some sites which can help you in knowing more about Mafia Games:-
[LIST]
[*][URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)']Description of Mafia Game in Wikipedia[/URL].
[*][URL='http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page']Mafia Wiki[/URL].
[/LIST]

[SPOILER="Global Mafia Game Rules"]
[B]All Game Hosts, Players and Game Managers must follow these rules.[/B]

The[URL='https://animebase.me/threads/global-rules.763602/'] [B]"Global Forum Rules of AnimeBase (Click Me!)"[/B][/URL] need to be followed at all times. Playing a Mafia game is not an excuse to break the rules.
[B][I]
Rules for players[/I][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Please read all posts made by the host with utmost attention. This includes the rules, game mechanics, etc. Not doing so might lead to game-breaking mistakes.
[*]Fluff posts (Posts which have meaningless content) are allowed to a certain extent at the start of a game. On the third page of a Game Thread, all fluff posting should stop.
[*]You are not allowed to spam the Game Thread and get lots of post counts. Mafia is not a Post farming game!
[*]You are not allowed to delete your posts in the Game Thread and Voting Thread you are playing in.
[*]You are not allowed to edit your posts made in the Game Thread and Voting Thread you are playing in.
[*]To the above, since you cannot edit posts, If you have made an error or left out information from your post, you are allowed to double post and include the information and corrections there.
[*]Multi-posting is allowed, but all such posts must have reasonable information or corrections to the original post.
[*][B]You are not allowed to share quotes or screenshots of the Private Messages between the host and you publicly in the game thread or to other players privately. If you do this you will be mod-killed.[/B]
[*]You are not allowed to contact other players through Private Messages or other mediums for discussion purposes. Keep all discussion to the game thread. The exceptions to this rule are the hosts themselves giving you a private means of communication or the particular game format allowing it.
[*]You are not allowed to change your username when the game is ongoing without informing the host.
[*]If you remain inactive for more than two phases, the Host has the right to replace or mod-kill you.
[*][B]To the above, you must make three game related posts every Day Phase. If you don't do so you will be subbed out or mod-killed.[/B]
[*]If you sign up for a game, you must play in it. If you are unable to play inform the host to replace you.
[*]You are not allowed to use alternate accounts to participate in the games. If you are caught using alternate accounts, you will get a strike.
[*]You are not allowed to betray your faction. Betrayal includes assisting other factions apart from your own without solid reasoning and actively sabotaging your own team’s efforts again without any solid reasoning.
[*]Discussion is not allowed during Night Phases and the game thread might be locked. Do not post in the game thread once the Night Phases starts. Some game hosts might make an exception to this.
[*]Please keep all complaints about game moderation and game balance to yourself and only post them after the game ends.
[*]If you get force replaced or mod-killed, you will not be eligible for the Prizes of the game.
[*]All questions about the game must be asked to the host through Private Message/Conversations. Avoid asking questions to the host in the Game Thread.
[*]Respect the spirit of the mafia game. If you notice a loophole in the game you are playing, inform the host about it. Do not abuse loopholes to your benefit.
[/LIST]
[B][I]Rules for dead players[/I][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Dead Players are not allowed to reveal anything they know about the game to anyone. They can, however, reveal their findings once the Game ends.
[*]Dead people are not allowed to discuss anything in the Game thread. Once dead, a player must stop posting in the game thread.
[*]Some hosts might make a Dead Players Private Conversation. Dead Players can discuss the progress of the game there.
[/LIST]
[B][I]Rules for voting [/I][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Some Normal Games might have a separate thread for voting with a prefix called "[I]Voting Thread[/I]" attached to it.
[*][B]If a Voting Thread exists, you can only post your votes in the Voting thread. Votes posted in the Game Thread will be considered invalid by the host.[/B]
[*]If a Game has no "Voting Thread", you can post your votes in the Game Thread.
[*]Discussion is not allowed in the "Voting Thread".
[*]You should mention the player whom you are voting for in your Vote Post. Example: "I vote for [USER=110897]@player[/USER] Name" so that the Voted player can make a response in his/her defence in the game thread.
[*]If you want to respond to a vote posted in the vote thread quote the vote post, copy the quote and respond to it in the game thread.
[*]Always follow the vote format that the host provides. Not following the vote format will make your vote invalid.
[*]It is advised that you provide a reason for your vote.
[*][B]Votes must always be bolded.[/B]
[*]Vote Formats are of generally three types:-
[/LIST]
[I]Vote[/I]: This format is used when you put your first vote in the Day Phase. The general format is:-
Vote / Vote Lynch @ Player Name

[I]Change Vote[/I]: This format is used when you change your current vote for a player to another player. The general format is:-
Change Vote / Change Vote Lynch @ Player Name
Or
Unvote
Vote / Vote Lynch @ Player Name

[I]Abstain Vote[/I]: This format is used when you don't want to vote for any player in the Day Phase. It can also be used to negate your previous votes. Most hosts will allow you to vote even after making an abstain vote. The general format is:-
Abstain Vote

[B][I]Rules for power roles[/I][/B]
[LIST]
[*]If you are a power role and do not want to use your power, you need to Private Message the host and inform him/her that you do not want to use your power. This also applies to both Day and Night Phase Power Roles.
[*]If you do not do the above, you will get a warning from the host and will be marked inactive for the Night Phase.
[*]A power role will not be allowed to self-target unless specified otherwise by the host as it can be overpowered. For Example: If you are a Doctor, you generally cannot target yourself and put a self-protection. Please ask the host in your role PM whether self-targeting is allowed.
[*]If you are a power role and have a Private Chat (Mafia chat for example), do not just post your target in the chat and expect the host to follow it. Instead, it is advised that you also Private Message the host your target.
[/LIST]
[B][I]Rules for spectators[/I][/B]
[LIST]
[*]As a [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectator_sport'][I]spectator[/I][/URL], you are forbidden to post in the game thread when the game is running.
[*]Do not interfere by talking with the players or hosts about the game.
[*]You can post and give your opinions of the game once the game is over.
[/LIST]
[B][I][B][I]Rules for game hosts[/I][/B][/I][/B]
[LIST]
[*]It is optimal to distribute roles randomly through a Random Number Generator like [URL='https://www.random.org/'][B][I]this one[/I][/B][/URL]. Do not spread out roles on your preferences.
[*]You are not allowed to change the setup of a game while the game is running. Contact a Game Manager if you consider it necessary.
[*]It is advised that you have at least three substitute players before you start your game.
[*]It is advised that you use substitute players when dealing with inactive player slots. Mod-kill should only be used as a last resort when no substitute players are available. This is because a mod-kill can imbalance your game.
[*]It is a requirement to post a proper CountDown which shows the time period of a Game Phase. You can use [URL='http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/create'][B][I]Holiday CountDown[/I][/B][/URL] for this.
[*]If your game is Bastard or Experimental you need to make this clear in your Sign Ups thread and you must put [Experimental] and [Bastard] in your game thread titles.
[*]If you want to clarify some issue in your game, contact a Game Manager.
[*]To the above, Do not contact Game Managers who are playing in your game. You might have to give classified information and doing so will break your game.
[*]You need to make clear what type of Lynch system you are going to use in your Game.
[*]It is advised that you do not give inactive player roles to members who have been lynched or killed in your game. This gives the member an unfair advantage through prior knowledge attained through his previous role. Please contact a Game Manager in case you want to do this.
[*]All game related information that you provide to players whether in public or private must be true (Does not apply to bastard games).
[*]If you are using any "Bastard Element(s)", this should be communicated prior to the game starting. If you don't do so, you will receive a strike. Bastard Elements, in this context, are defined as elements which go beyond a reasonable measure of expectation for a player to have. If you are unsure if your game contains Bastard Elements, ask a Manager to review the game beforehand.
[/LIST]
[B][I]Strikes[/I][/B]
[LIST]
[*]If a player or host breaks the rules of the mafia game he will receive a strike if the game managers agree that a rule has been broken.
[*]A strike will take one month to expire.
[*]If a player receives three strikes he will be unable to sign up or play in any mafia games.
[*]If a host receives three strikes he will be unable to host any mafia games.
[*]Strike List can be found here: [SIZE=18px][B][FONT=Rockwell][URL='https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sI5waeUOKyk1Rb5uKTP3cDtYmagpqYNo4IQPsf-bLUQ/edit?usp=sharing']"Normal Mafia Game Strikes" (Click Me!)[/URL][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
[/LIST]

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Game Phases in a Mafia Game"]
[B]The Mafia Game consists of two main phases, Day and Night.[/B]

[B]★[/B][I]PreGame[/I]
In the PreGame, the host distributes all roles in the game to the players and sets up the Mafia Lair where the Mafia can talk. The Mafia members may have a small introductory conversation in the lair. The Mafia through the Mafia Lair become aware of who is on their side and as such become informed. The Mafia are also in fewer numbers, hence they are the minority. The Mafia as such is the Informed Minority faction. The host then posts the Game Thread and mentions all the players for the Day Phase.

[B]☀[/B][I]Day Phase[/I]
In the Day Phase, the Town tries to weed out the Mafia by [URL='http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lynch']lynching[/URL] someone they suspect to be mafia through a collective voting process. The Town, unlike the Mafia, has no idea who is on their side. The Town also forms the majority by having a higher number of players. Hence the Town is the uniformed Majority Faction. The Town uses the lynch to eliminate players. The player with the most votes, the majority vote or chosen by the monarchy (depending on the lynch system used) gets lynched and dies. the lynched player's role then gets revealed and the Day Phase ends.

[B]☾[/B][I]Night Phase[/I]
In the Night Phase, all discussion stops and the game thread is locked. The Mafia, however, are able to continue discussing because of their private Mafia chat. They then choose a player to kill and send their target to the host. The host announces the [URL='http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Death_scene']death scene[/URL] and the role of the killed player when the Night Phase ends.

[B]★[/B][I]The EndGame[/I]
The Day Phase and the Night Phase keep on happening in a cyclic manner like this: Day Phase 1 - Night Phase 1 - Day Phase 2 - Night Phase 2 and so on until the EndGame. The EndGame marks the victory of one particular faction because that faction attained it's win condition. This marks the end of the game.
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Lynch System"]
[B]The Lynch System is used in the Day Phase to eliminate players through a Voting Process.[/B]

Generally, four types of lynch systems are used in Mafia Games:-
[LIST]
[*][B]Plurality Lynch:[/B] In this lynch system, the player with the highest amount of votes at the end of Day Phase is lynched.
[*][B]Majority Lynch:[/B] In this lynch system, a majority of votes of the player base must be reached on a certain player to get him/her lynched.
[*][B]Monarchy Lynch:[/B] In this lynch system, a single player called the "King" decides which player will be lynched. For balance purposes, the King title switches to a different player every Day Phase.
[*][B]Majority and Plurality Lynch: [/B]In this lynch system, a majority of votes of the player base must be reached on a certain player to get him/her lynched. However, if a Majority of votes is not reached by the end of the Day Phase, then the player with the highest amount of votes gets lynched. This is the most balanced lynch system.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="The Vote Tally"]
[B]The vote tally refers to the number of votes a faction has which is used by players in the lynch to eliminate players. The Vote Tally is always counted on the votes that a player has, not the number of players![/B]

For example, a double voter player will have two votes, a triple voter player will have three votes, a voteless player has no votes. The votes are always tallied according to the factions present in the game.

Example:-
[INDENT]In Day Phase 2 of a mafia game, this is the Vote Tally:-[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]Town (T)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Total Players - 8[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Total Votes - 9 (The extra vote comes from a double voter)[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]Mafia (M)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Total Players - 3[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Total Votes - 3[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]Third Party Serial Killer (S)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Total Player - 1[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Total Votes - 2 (The serial killer has a double vote modifier)[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]The final vote tally is 9(T) - 3(M) - 2(S)[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]The total votes are 9 + 3 + 2 = 14 Votes.[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]Town has a majority of 9 votes out of 14.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Mafia has a minority of 3 votes out of 14.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Serial Killer has a minority of 2 votes out of 14.[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]In order for Mafia to win, it has to get a majority over the Town and Serial Killer.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]In order for Serial Killer to win, it has to get a majority over the Mafia and Town.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]In order for Town to win, it has to retain it's majority and eliminate the Serial Killer and Mafia.[/INDENT]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Lynch Tie"]
[B]A Lynch Tie occurs when two or more players get the same highest amount of votes. A host in such a scenario can take the following actions:-[/B]
[LIST]
[*][I][B]No Lynch[/B][/I][B]:[/B] No player in the tie is lynched. This is the most optimal action to take.
[*][I][B]Random Lynch[/B][/I][B]:[/B] A player in the tie is randomly lynched through a Random Number Generator. This action, however, can be seen as unfair.
[*][B]All Lynch:[/B] All players in the tie are lynched. This action could break the game in small player setups.
[*][B]First Vote Lynch:[/B] The player who was voted first among all the tied players gets lynched. This action is also considered to be unfair.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Claiming"]
[B]Claiming is the act of revealing information about one's Role in the game thread, generally at the request of the Town. A Claim, therefore, is the information that is revealed during this action.[/B]
[LIST]
[*]However, in doing so, the player should either not give any proof or give hypothetical proofs based upon the outcomes of Day and Night Phases to support his/her claim.
[*]To the above, a player is not allowed to make a claim and support it with absolute proof by posting quotes and screenshots of Private Messages between the Host and the Player in the Game Thread. If a player does this he/she will be mod-killed and receive a strike.
[*]Some Game hosts will not allow claiming in their Mafia Game. In such a case scenario, players should not claim nor support other player's assumptions of their role. The best response is an ambiguous one (Maybe you are correct with your assumption?).
[*]To the above, you can claim the roles of other players but you must support your claims from the game thread and not from any abilities that you have in your role.
[/LIST]
[B]Types of Claims:-[/B]

[LIST]
[*][B]Ability Claim:[/B] An Ability Claim is when a player states only the Abilities they received that game, generally accompanied by the Actions they have taken thus far.
[*][B]Alignment Claim:[/B] An Alignment Claim is when a player states only the Alignment they received that game.
[*][B]Character Claim:[/B] A Character Claim is when a player states only the Character they received that game and specifically does not state the accompanying flavour, which may provide clues about the Abilities that player received that game.
[*][B]Counter Claim:[/B] A Counter Claim is when a player's Ability Claim and/or Character Claim is the same as someone else's that has already Claimed. The general implication is that one of the two must be Fake Claiming, and therefore is Scum.
[*][B]Fake Claim:[/B] A Fake Claim is when a player appears to Claim, but is actually lying about the information so revealed.
[*][B]Flavour Claim:[/B] A Flavor Claim is when a player states the only Character they received that game, generally accompanied by the provided flavour. This is sometimes erroneously referred to as a Character Claim.
[*][B]Full Claim:[/B] A Role Claim is when a player simultaneously Mechanical Claims and Flavor Claims. This is sometimes confused with a Role Claim, which is less specific.
[*][B]Mechanics Claim:[/B] A Mechanics Claim is when a player simultaneously Ability Claims and Alignment Claims. This is sometimes erroneously referred to as a Role Claim.
[*][B]Role Claim:[/B] A Role Claim is when a player simultaneously Mechanical Claims and either Flavor Claims or Character Claims. This is sometimes confused with a Full Claim, which is more specific.
[*][B]Safe Claim:[/B] A Safe Claim refers to a Fake Claim which is provided by the host. As such, they are generally not at risk of being Counter Claimed.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="The Factions in a Mafia Game"]
[B]There are six types of factions which are universally accepted in Mafia Games.
[SIZE=22px][COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]
Town[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
The Town is the only faction designated as "Pro-Town". It is an Uninformed Majority - meaning the Town normally constitutes over half of the players in a game, making it the single largest faction present in most games, but no extra information is given to members of the Town faction outside of their Role. The Town can win with Pro-Town and Neutral alignments. The Town wins when it eliminates all the Anti-town factions in a game. The Town is officially represented by the colour [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]Green #00b300[/COLOR].

[B][SIZE=22px][COLOR=rgb(255, 5, 5)]Mafia[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
The Mafia is the most popular Anti-Town faction, though despite the name of the game, is not required for a game to be "Mafia" (provided that there is an alternative Anti-Town faction included). The Mafia is an Informed Minority, meaning it has information outside of it's individual roles (this being the identity of other members of the faction) and has a minority of players included. Mafia tends to have a Destructive action (usually Killing) as their main ability. The Mafia can win with Neutral alignments. Typically, the Mafia should have a form of communication between members outside of the thread. The Mafia wins when it eliminates all the Pro-town and Anti-town factions in the game. The Mafia is officially represented by the colour [COLOR=rgb(255, 5, 5)]Red #ff0505[/COLOR].

[B][SIZE=22px][COLOR=rgb(255, 128, 0)]Cult[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
The Cult is a somewhat rare Anti-Town faction. Like a Mafia, the Cult is an Informed Minority. Where it differs from a Mafia, however, is in it's main ability. Where a Mafia kills players, a Cult can recruit them into the faction. This means that the starting numbers of a Cult are usually small, with the idea of them growing the longer the Cult survives in a game. Typically, a Cult cannot recruit other Anti-Town alignments. The Cult can win with Neutral alignments. It should have a form of communication outside of the thread for members of the same Cult to communicate with each other. The nature of how the Cult works means that they are harder to balance and roles typically change upon being recruited into the Cult to prevent them from being overpowered. The Cult wins when it eliminates all the Pro-town and Anti-town factions in the game The Cult is officially represented by the colour [COLOR=rgb(255, 128, 0)]Orange #ff9900[/COLOR].

[B][SIZE=22px][COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 179)]Serial[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
The Serial is a fairly popular Anti-Town faction. Unlike other factions, however, a Serial can only be one-strong. (one-strong here means that the Serial can only be one player. Mafia can have multiple players in a faction, Cult can have multiple players in a faction, but Serial can only be on its own). A Serial tends to have a Destructive action (usually Killing) as their main ability. Given the small size, Serial roles tend to be some of if not the most powerful roles in the game. Serials can win with Neutral alignments. The Serial wins when it eliminates all the Pro-town and Anti-town factions in the game. The Serial is officially represented by the colour [COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 179)]Purple #b300b3[/COLOR].

[B][SIZE=22px][COLOR=rgb(77, 77, 255)]Independent[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Independents are the most varied of this set, in that it is essentially a term for any faction that can win with either Pro-Town or Anti-Town or Neutral alignments. Independents can be Pro-Town or Anti-Town sided even, provided that nothing inhibits them from winning with both alignments. For alignments that can only win with Pro-Town or Anti-Town, they should be treated as members of whichever corresponding faction with an extra condition attached to define their win conditions (this is in replacement of "Pro-Town Independent" and "Anti-Town Independent"). Independents win when they achieve the neutral win condition in their role. Independents are officially represented by the colour [COLOR=rgb(77, 77, 255)]Blue #4d4dff[/COLOR].

[B][SIZE=22px][COLOR=rgb(255, 20, 147)]Custom[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Custom factions have faction mechanics that don't fit any of the five faction categories above. Custom factions only appear in Themed Role Madness Games, Experimental Games or Bastard Games. The win conditions of Custom factions vary with each game and is decided by the game host. Custom factions are represented by the colour [COLOR=rgb(255, 20, 147)]Pink #ff1493[/COLOR].

[B]An overview of the factions in a Mafia Game is below:-[/B]

[CENTER][IMG]https://image.ibb.co/cAWngc/wins.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="What is Alignment?"]
[B]An Alignment represents the win condition a player has been assigned.[/B]

Alignment is also normally indicative of which faction a player is a part of. The alignment is always determined on the win condition of the player, not his/her play style in the game. The alignments in a mafia game are as follows:-
[LIST]
[*][B]Pro-Town Alignment[/B]- When the victory condition of a player or faction when fulfilled causes the victory of Town. The players with this win condition are known as Townie/Townies.
[*][B]Anti-Town Alignment[/B]- When the victory condition of a player or faction when fulfilled causes the loss of Town. The players with this win condition are known as Wolf/Wolves.
[*][B]Neutral Alignment[/B]- When the victory condition of a player or faction is not related to the victory or loss of Town. The players with this win condition are known as Independent/Independents.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="What is Informed Logic?"]
[B]The Informed logic only applies when a faction has two or more players. It becomes voided when a faction has only one player as that player can never be informed. Informed means knowing whether another player is on your faction and his role.[/B]
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]Town[/COLOR] is uninformed as the Town player doesn't know which players are on his faction and their roles.
[*][COLOR=rgb(255, 5, 5)]Mafias[/COLOR] and [COLOR=rgb(255, 153, 0)]Cults[/COLOR] are informed as they know which players are on their faction and their roles.
[*]Partially informed applies to a faction where only one player knows the roles and which players are on his team. The remaining faction players are uninformed.
[*][COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 179)]Serials[/COLOR] and [COLOR=rgb(77, 77, 255)]Independents[/COLOR] don't use the informed logic as he is the only player in his faction.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Role Abilities in a Mafia Game"]
[B]The abilities in a Mafia Game are of three types:-[/B]
[LIST]
[*][B]Passive Ability:[/B] A Passive ability is an ability which will work automatically without any input from the player. This means that the effects from any passive ability will automatically take place when valid.
[*][B]Active Ability:[/B] An Active ability is an ability which requires player input to work. In other words, an active ability requires the player to opt to use the ability for its effects to take place.
[*][B]Activated Ability:[/B] An Ability that is normally passive can be made into an Activated ability; this gives the player a choice as to whether they wish to use their passive effect or not. If the player chooses not to use it, it will be as though the role did not exist for that night. As such, an Activated Ability can be seen as an active version of a normally passive ability.
[/LIST]

[CENTER][SIZE=18px][URL='https://docs.google.com/document/d/14WmRmMCWtxmGN95Jc9t1RaRf62JdgyLqU13Czg2Yrso/edit?usp=sharing']Mafia Game Abilities (Click Me!)[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Mafia Game Role Types"]
[B]The following is a list of different types of roles, and what they mean. All roles fall into either "Active" or "Passive" classifications[/B].

[B]Destructive-[/B] A destructive ability is an ability that kills a player (or players). For write up purposes, a player killed with a destructive effect should be displayed as having been "killed", whereas a player who died through a non-destructive effect should be displayed as "died".

[B]Investigative -[/B] This refers to any ability which provides information. This, of course, includes Cop, but there are a variety of investigative roles which can inform a player.

[B]Protective - [/B]This refers to any ability which provides some form of immunity.

[B]Manipulative - [/B]Also referred to as "Chaotic". This refers to any ability which aims to misinform or misdirect. This is used primarily as a counter to Investigative actions.

[B]Creative -[/B] This refers to abilities that alter or add to base roles. For example, a role that can Gift roles to other players (see: Inventor) is considered Creative because it can add to roles.

[B]Conversive - [/B]This refers to abilities that can convert the alignment of players, or otherwise provide a means of out-of-thread communication with them.

[B]Preventative -[/B] This refers to abilities which block or prevent the use of other abilities.
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Night Action Resolution"]
[B]The following is a guide on how to resolve Night Actions.[/B]

[B]Tier 1 - [/B]Conversive, Manipulative, Protective, Preventative
[B]Tier 2 -[/B] Investigative
[B]Tier 3 - [/B]Destructive, Creative

[LIST]
[*]Tier 1 resolves before Tier 2.
[*]Tier 2 resolves before Tier 3.
[*]A Tier 1 action that targets itself will resolve before any other Night Action (including Tier 1 actions).
[*]If a Tier 1 action targets another Tier 1 action, the latter action will resolve after the former action, unless the latter action is also affected the former action.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Mafia Game Types"]
[B]Mafia games come in two types based on the time period of the phases in the game.[/B]

[I][B]Normal Mafia Games [/B][/I]

[I]Normal Games[/I] are games where the Day and Night Phases last for 24 hours or more. This means that people from all time zones can play the game. These games can take a month to complete and as such are slow paced games.

[I][B]Turbo Mafia Games[/B][/I]

[I]Turbo Games[/I] are mafia games where the Day and Night Phases last from 10 minutes to 20 Minutes. These games are restricted in nature as people from all time zones cannot play this game. These games get over in a few hours and as such are rapid paced games.
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Mafia Game Setups"]
[B] A mafia game setup is a combination of power roles and mechanics used in a game of Mafia. [/B]

[LIST]
[*][B]Open Setup:[/B] An Open Setup is a setup in which the game host has revealed all the roles and mechanics present in the game they are hosting.
[*][B]Semi-Open Setup:[/B] A Semi-Open Setup is a setup in which the game host has partially revealed the roles and mechanics present in the game they are hosting. Some game roles and mechanics remain hidden.
[*][B]Closed Setup:[/B] A Closed Setup is a setup in which the game host has not revealed any of the roles and mechanics present in the game they are hosting. All game roles and mechanics are hidden.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Mafia Game Thread Prefixes"]
[B]In Mafia Games, you can attach Prefixes to threads. Each of these Prefixes has a purpose:-[/B]
[LIST]
[*][I][Normal Sign-Ups][/I]- Threads having this prefix are sign up threads for Normal Mafia games.
[*][I][Normal Game Thread][/I]- Threads having this prefix are game threads for Normal Mafia games.
[*][I][Turbo Sign-Ups][/I]- Threads having this prefix are sign up threads for Turbo Mafia games.
[*][I][Turbo Game Thread][/I]- Threads having this prefix are game threads for Turbo Mafia games.
[*][I][Voting Thread][/I]- Threads having this prefix are voting threads used in Mafia Games.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Mafia Calendar"]
[B]The Mafia Calendar is a thread where a schedule for hosting mafia games is made. This allows mafia games to run smoothly and properly.[/B]
[LIST]
[*]If you want to host a mafia game, go to the calendar and request for a hosting spot.
[*]Please read the Operation Policies before asking for a hosting spot.
[*]The Mafia Calendar can be found here: [URL='https://animebase.me/threads/mafia-game-calendar.764589/'][B][SIZE=22px]Mafia Game Calendar (Click Me!)[/SIZE][/B][/URL]
[*]The calendar is only for Normal Mafia games; Turbo Mafia games are exempt from the calendar.
[/LIST]
[/SPOILER]

[B]Credits: Guide was made by [USER=206904]@Rohan[/USER], [USER=264958]@Toujo[/USER] and Rotaretilbo.[/B]
Archive Purpose.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah still I'm handwriting them so I'm desperate xd there might be some issue but I hope people will still contribute
Dont worry i was in same situation as host here the weekdays wont improve also most of them are not regular mafia players you will have tough dealing with inactivity . I think extending day phases will be intelligent for now .