KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@bold: The thing is, you don't. It's instant. When you realize, Sasuke is already behind you with a kunai to your neck.

Sasuke's newly obtained Rinnegan ameno was able to trick the most powerful doujutsus we've ever seen: Kaguya's and Madara's. Now, Sasuke has it fully mastered; he also tricked Momoshiki and all his rainbow-coloured rinnegans.

Sasuke ameno too stronk. There's literally no counter for it when unrestricted.
Sasuke still has to move post teleportation, he still has to act unless the opponent is already in motion. How slow do you think intangibility is? We’ve seen obito do it all the time at numerous speeds, against multiple opponents, and even during surprise attacks

Im not saying obito beats Sasuke, I was agreeing with someone else about kamui being a good counter

Last edited:

Blackzoro

Veteran
Kin
74💸
Kumi
63💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@bold: The thing is, you don't. It's instant. When you realize, Sasuke is already behind you with a kunai to your neck.

Sasuke's newly obtained Rinnegan ameno was able to trick the most powerful doujutsus we've ever seen: Kaguya's and Madara's. Now, Sasuke has it fully mastered; he also tricked Momoshiki and all his rainbow-coloured rinnegans.

Sasuke ameno too stronk. There's literally no counter for it when unrestricted.
It’s instant but your striking speed needs to be fast which by then an owner of kamui is already intangible unless you have the right timing.

God Of NarutoBase

Regular
Kin
21💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Filler...Canon sasuke can't use CT but even if we ignore that, sasuke ameno doesn't work like how it was portrayed this chapter. Sasuke's ameno can only allow him to-do
1. Switch with an empty spacial region.
2. Switch spaces with another person or an object. That's it. Anything else if fanfic...

Sasuke can only switch himself with stuff, he can't switch other seperate stuff with one another, like he did this episode (switching his chidori with the kunai.).

Explaining further to newbies using object A, b and c....

Sasuke is object A.

Object B and C can be anything; item or individual.

With ameno spacial switch-switch -

A becomes B, B becomes A.
OR
C becomes A, A becomes C.

*With fan fic ameno, this is added to the above. -

B can become C, C can become B.

This is fake magic formula :/

Last edited:

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasuke still has to move post teleportation, he still has to act unless the opponent is already in motion. How slow do you think intangibility is? We’ve seen obito do it all the time at numerous speeds, against multiple opponents, and even during surprise attacks

Im not saying obito beats Sasuke, I was agreeing with someone else about kamui being a good counter
It's barely fast enough to react to a Truth Seeker Orb. Obito almost got caught by one when Madara launched it to catch him/Kakashi even when combing the powers (synchronising the eyes). Sasuke's speed is at least x10 faster than that, especially since that Madara hadn't perfected the mode. I think he would fail at maintaining equal ground with just Sasuke's generic speed.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's barely fast enough to react to a Truth Seeker Orb. Obito almost got caught by one when Madara launched it to catch him/Kakashi even when combing the powers (synchronising the eyes). Sasuke's speed is at least x10 faster than that, especially since that Madara hadn't perfected the mode. I think he would fail at maintaining equal ground with just Sasuke's generic speed.
He doesn’t need to be at equal ground, obito doesn’t even have to be on sasukes level. Sasuke HAS to act post ameno unless the opponent he’s fighting, or the object he’s switching, is in motion. We’ve seen this, multiple times. Ameno itself is instant, what comes after is not. People act like intangibility has never activated at the last moment. No one said kamui is the perfect all time counter to sasukes ameno, but having it, along with the precog that comes with the sharingan, would sure be one of the better counters if not best, for something like ameno. The ability to make an attack phase through your body at a whim seems useful against someone that would be teleporting around attacking you. You guys act as if ameno is any diff than any other s/t other than the fact that he can switch things, and uses his eye instead of seals

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He doesn’t need to be at equal ground, obito doesn’t even have to be on sasukes level. Sasuke HAS to act post ameno unless the opponent he’s fighting, or the object he’s switching, is in motion. We’ve seen this, multiple times. Ameno itself is instant, what comes after is not. People act like intangibility has never activated at the last moment. No one said kamui is the perfect all time counter to sasukes ameno, but having it, along with the precog that comes with the sharingan, would sure be one of the better counters if not best, for something like ameno. The ability to make an attack phase through your body at a whim seems useful against someone that would be teleporting around attacking you. You guys act as if ameno is any diff than any other s/t other than the fact that he can switch things, and uses his eye instead of seals
I'm not entirely disagreeing, but we need to look at the facts. Maybe if Ameno was used by someone else (slower than Sasuke), maybe we could give Kamui this hype, but the odds stack against Obito looking at the fact Sasuke was slapping RSM Naruto a while ago who could react to Kaguya who's fast (can I swear here) as shit. The Truth Seeker Orbs markedly draw the difference in speed between Obito's Kamui and Sasuke's Ameno, but I choose to digress. But you have a point: there's no movement on Obito's part while Sasuke is a moving member that which can be tracked through the Sharingan and instantly reacted to with no movement at all from Obito other than an electrical impulse in the brain for Kamui's trigger. Though I doubt, seeing how fast Ameno is, and hard to plant your mind in, or figuring out before it may be too late, that Kamui really cancels it out that easily. It is mostly down to the user, and seeing the many uses of Ameno, like teleporting fast-moving objects in milliseconds before even a god like Momoshiki can tell what's going on, it becomes meaningless that Kamui just requires a thought for its activation, because firstly, you need to be aware that there's danger before you can activate a technique. Unless Obito would be activating Kamui any moment he perceives a slight movement of a muscle in Sasuke's body or just the falling of a tree leaf, at which point he's reacting through paranoia than really reacting.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not entirely disagreeing, but we need to look at the facts. Maybe if Ameno was used by someone else (slower than Sasuke), maybe we could give Kamui this hype, but the odds stack against Obito looking at the fact Sasuke was slapping RSM Naruto a while ago who could react to Kaguya who's fast (can I swear here) as shit. The Truth Seeker Orbs markedly draw the difference in speed between Obito's Kamui and Sasuke's Ameno, but I choose to digress. But you have a point: there's no movement on Obito's part while Sasuke is a moving member that which can be tracked through the Sharingan and instantly reacted to with no movement at all from Obito other than an electrical impulse in the brain for Kamui's trigger. Though I doubt, seeing how fast Ameno is, and hard to plant your mind in, or figuring out before it may be too late, that Kamui really cancels it out that easily. It is mostly down to the user, and seeing the many uses of Ameno, like teleporting fast-moving objects in milliseconds before even a god like Momoshiki can tell what's going on, it becomes meaningless that Kamui just requires a thought for its activation, because firstly, you need to be aware that there's danger before you can activate a technique. Unless Obito would be activating Kamui any moment he perceives a slight movement of a muscle in Sasuke's body or just the falling of a tree leaf.
I think obito had a good showing with kamui as far being surprised, we can see his fights with konan, minato,(to a lesser extent, but still taking on 2 at once) fuu and Torune. Hell the closest thing we can compare to ameno without another s/t would be obito vs gai, kakashi, and kcm naruto(only cause nardos speed is compared to ftg). It took at least 2 to trip him up. That being said, this is sasuke. I don’t think kamui can counter ameno’s attacks for long, or that the strategy itself would last long against sasuke, but in the nv, where counters to such attacks are far and few, kamuis up there. I’d rank it higher than ftg as far as how useful it would be against something like ameno.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Sasuke has the fastest hands (dexterity) in the series. I think only Itachi can compete with him.

Kamui's intangibility wouldn't be a problem.

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Filler... Canon sasuke can't use CT but even if we ignore that, sasuke ameno doesn't work like how it was portrayed this chapter. Sasuke's ameno can only allow him to-do
2. Switch spaces with another person or an object. That's it. Anything else if fanfic...

Sasuke can only switch himself with stuff, he can't switch other seperate stuff with one another, like he did this episode (switching his chidori with the kunai.).

Sasuke is object A.

OR

lol yea it would be really unbalanced if sasuke was able to swap charka/jutsu with anything else...like cmon.... he cant do that.....right? cuz thats just insane but then agian madara was able to create clones in a purgatory realm, why wont a rinnigan ability be able to defile logic . i means sasuke ability is to swap two objects... that can be a wide or shallow explanation. in the sense maybe his ability can swap anything his eyes can see and i mean everything since his eyes can see objects and charka.

Last edited:

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The usage was very cool this episode

& minamoto had the audacity to think it’s on par with substitution jutsu
That was seriously bad timing. He made a thread downplaying it right before episode came out which completely shut him down.

Filler... Canon sasuke can't use CT but even if we ignore that, sasuke ameno doesn't work like how it was portrayed this chapter. Sasuke's ameno can only allow him to-do

Sasuke is object A.

OR

He teleported both Madara and Kaguya between himself and Naruto. Before that he just teleported his sword in front of Madara. He can teleport ANYTHING within his range.

Also, even if you were right, you need to keep in mind that this is 16 years after the war. During the war Sasuke's limit used to be 3 times before cool down. But now, even while being in a weakened state from traversing dimensions with several people, he still had no problem using Amenotejikara a few times. Clearly he far surpassed his previous limits.

Last edited: