Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People underrate Akainu and the other admirals way too much. Yet, the Yonko will be conquered first and the last threat will be the WG + the Admirals. Oda isn't having the Admirals be weaker than the Yonko at a point in the story when the MC is Yonko level. That means the big, climactic fight between Luffy and Akainu would boil down to upper mid diff.
That's assuming WG will be final opponents, which doesn't make much sense considering BB was introduced to be polar opposite of Luffy.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's assuming WG will be final opponents, which doesn't make much sense considering BB was introduced to be polar opposite of Luffy.
Even if that were the case, BB is clearly being built up to be special even among the Yonko, so him being handled last doesn't really speak much for the Yonko in general. Proof? The same reasoning you just used. He's Luffy parallel and will stand out among the Yonko as Kidd does within the Supernova.
I can't say 100% that BB won't be the final enemy, but the most fitting place for the two to fight would be on Raftel & the war with the WG should happen after what's discovered on Raftel.

Reactions: AwakenedSama

-Akuma-

Elite
Kin
958💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
65⚔️
I skimmed through this thread and it's trash, I thought we were leaving this type of shit in 2018. Purposely leaving out Kaido no selling Luffy's G4 barrage in the durability section... :sick:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I skimmed through this thread and it's trash, I thought we were leaving this type of shit in 2018. Purposely leaving out Kaido no selling Luffy's G4 barrage in the durability section... :sick:
It's a VS Thread, that's by their very nature what they are -.- it would have been no small Christmas miracle if suddenly people came to this realization. I even rate pairing discussions higher than these kind of threads as they generally at least tend to admit that what they are talking about is pure fictional and non-canon.

It's depressing to see over two pages of posts that are supposed to go about about a certain topic, while in reality not a single one came even close to show a shred of understanding of the aforementioned topic and apparently are completely oblivious to the fact they discussed something completely different altogether, something that's almost completely rooted in the world of fan-fiction. It almost belongs into the same category as Epic Rap Battles of History and Celebrity Death Match: it has some real elements, but they were ripped out of their context and exclusively used to craft a fictional story purely for entertainment purposes that barely is authentic.

Reactions: -Akuma-

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
It's a VS Thread, that's by their very nature what they are -.- it would have been no small Christmas miracle if suddenly people came to this realization. I even rate pairing discussions higher than these kind of threads as they generally at least tend to admit that what they are talking about is pure fictional and non-canon.

It's depressing to see over two pages of posts that are supposed to go about about a certain topic, while in reality not a single one came even close to show a shred of understanding of the aforementioned topic and apparently are completely oblivious to the fact they discussed something completely different altogether, something that's almost completely rooted in the world of fan-fiction. It almost belongs into the same category as Epic Rap Battles of History and Celebrity Death Match: it has some real elements, but they were ripped out of their context and exclusively used to craft a fictional story purely for entertainment purposes that barely is authentic.
Nah. This is wrong. There’s nothing wrong with VS matches

TheAncientCenturion

Elite
Kin
76💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes it does.

Blackbeard is the inverse of Luffy personality wise but not belief wise. Ultimately, they're after the same thing and are competing for it. Being Pirate King. Which, to Luffy, means being the freest man in the world. No Yonko or pirate is a threat to this quest, they're obstacles due to their presence in the New World / competitors for the same goal.

So, for Luffy, the ultimate goal is freedom / freest man alive. Who opposes this? The World Government, which wants to keep everyone in their game one way or another. It makes more sense for Luffy's philosophy and that of the WG's to clash before Luffy gets his freedom.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah. This is wrong. There’s nothing wrong with VS matches
My opinion about VS threads is exactly what it is: an opinion and it's no secret I absolutely loath them. That though doesn't take away that absolutely nothing in this thread even remotely came close to understanding this thread's topic. Instead it was again what people almost always tend to do in these threads: rip things out of their context like it's a given lust and toss it around as they see fit for their own purposes. Essentially they just created made-up characters that don a very flimsy and transparant 'skin' of a canon character and pretend it's real. And because they're made up, they can say whatever they wish, hence these threads always keep going and going, but lead to absolutely nowhere.

Reactions: Hakipotence

LordRaikage

Elite
Kin
54💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My opinion about VS threads is exactly what it is: an opinion and it's no secret I absolutely loath them. That though doesn't take away that absolutely nothing in this thread even remotely came close to understanding this thread's topic. Instead it was again what people almost always tend to do in these threads: rip things out of their context like it's a given lust and toss it around as they see fit for their own purposes. Essentially they just created made-up characters that don a very flimsy and transparant 'skin' of a canon character and pretend it's real. And because they're made up, they can say whatever they wish, hence these threads always keep going and going, but lead to absolutely nowhere.
^This guy just complains about anything that he doesn't agree with.

This thread was great.

Reactions: Sakazuki

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even if that were the case, BB is clearly being built up to be special even among the Yonko, so him being handled last doesn't really speak much for the Yonko in general. Proof? The same reasoning you just used. He's Luffy parallel and will stand out among the Yonko as Kidd does within the Supernova.
I can't say 100% that BB won't be the final enemy, but the most fitting place for the two to fight would be on Raftel & the war with the WG should happen after what's discovered on Raftel.
That's what people in this thread do. Use Akainu's feats/hype and give them to other admirals.

There is no reason for WG to be Luffy's oponents, when there is organization that directly oppose WG.

Yes it does.

Blackbeard is the inverse of Luffy personality wise but not belief wise. Ultimately, they're after the same thing and are competing for it. Being Pirate King. Which, to Luffy, means being the freest man in the world. No Yonko or pirate is a threat to this quest, they're obstacles due to their presence in the New World / competitors for the same goal.

So, for Luffy, the ultimate goal is freedom / freest man alive. Who opposes this? The World Government, which wants to keep everyone in their game one way or another. It makes more sense for Luffy's philosophy and that of the WG's to clash before Luffy gets his freedom.
By this Luffy is going to become Pirate King, but still not the freest man because WG still exist. But, Roger had freedom even when WG existed.

This thread was great.
That guy is actually right. VS discussion nearly always lead to nothing and end usually with subjective points. And then someone creates new thread with same topic, and then it goes again, and again.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's what people in this thread do. Use Akainu's feats/hype and give them to other admirals.

There is no reason for WG to be Luffy's oponents, when there is organization that directly oppose WG.

By this Luffy is going to become Pirate King, but still not the freest man because WG still exist. But, Roger had freedom even when WG existed.

That guy is actually right. VS discussion nearly always lead to nothing and end usually with subjective points. And then someone creates new thread with same topic, and then it goes again, and again.
Okay? That's part of vs threads, quit complaining or gtfo

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This thread was great.
These threads thrive on that exact premise. I have yet to see a serious and sensible VS thread where someone said X beat Y and everyone in unison agreed, waggled on to the next and had the series confirm their conclusions.

Not to mention you have the tendency to curse, trash, insult and burry someone with all the sins of the world purely for not agreeing with you. The only reason you're still here, is purely because of my leniency, something you neither earned nor deserve considering that abominable track record of yours.

Okay? That's part of vs threads, quit complaining or gtfo
As I just said that's the entire essence of these threads, that's what they are. So even in your defense of them you screw up completely and make it that obvious what's wrong with them. In particular because you are complaining right now yourself.

And that's the saddest past. I hate these threads, but I seem to understand them better than most people who are addicted to them. For the record there's actually a sensible and rational conclusion that can be made in regards to the relationship between admirals and Yonkou, at least as it stands now as it's an ongoing series, and this with barely or no reference whatsoever to techs, skills, in-depth analyses of their qualities etc. All of that is almost completely redundant, yet that's the only thing this threads contains.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think vs thread is all right if debate has logic and backup behind it.

Admirals and yonko have always been subject of speculation who are the strongest.

I

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What a garbage thread. Who did oda say was the strongest. Last time I checked it wasn’t akainu. Especially when u say “way stronger” I just can’t take you seriously.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
These threads thrive on that exact premise. I have yet to see a serious and sensible VS thread where someone said X beat Y and everyone in unison agreed, waggled on to the next and had the series confirm their conclusions.

Not to mention you have the tendency to curse, trash, insult and burry someone with all the sins of the world purely for not agreeing with you. The only reason you're still here, is purely because of my leniency, something you neither earned nor deserve considering that abominable track record of yours.

As I just said that's the entire essence of these threads, that's what they are. So even in your defense of them you screw up completely and make it that obvious what's wrong with them. In particular because you are complaining right now yourself.

And that's the saddest past. I hate these threads, but I seem to understand them better than most people who are addicted to them. For the record there's actually a sensible and rational conclusion that can be made in regards to the relationship between admirals and Yonkou, at least as it stands now as it's an ongoing series, and this with barely or no reference whatsoever to techs, skills, in-depth analyses of their qualities etc. All of that is almost completely redundant, yet that's the only thing this threads contains.
You mean...people disagree on things...and there’s discussion on it? Sounds less interesting than threads where everyone says “Yup” mindlessly and nothing else happens.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And a statement like that was never made for Akainu so.....what's your point? I love when people just post a picture out of and with no context of their own like it proves a point.
actually i meant to show how Oda often writes total bs to insta hype up a character, i think its fair to say not many ppl would buy Elizabello being able to 1shot a yonko, but the thing is if you accept other hype tools, you need to accept this one too. And I bet you don't actually love it when ppl do that :D

Last edited:
Reactions: AwakenedSama

Hakipotence

Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think Akainu and Kizaru are definitely stronger than Big Mom

Akainu should be stronger than Shanks and current Teach

Kaido is above every admiral
If we compare current feats, no he isn't. All Kaido has as of now is hype backing him. His best feat currently is one shorting G4 Luffy.

And tanking his blows.

WB has higher AP. Akainu ate those and continued pursuit of Luffy, later permanently changing the climate of an island fighting Kuzan

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
actually i meant to show how Oda often writes total bs to insta hype up a character, i think its fair to say not many ppl would buy Elizabello being able to 1shot a yonko, but the thing is if you accept other hype tools, you need to accept this one too. And I bet you don't actually love it when ppl do that :D
I know what you are trying to say here but you cannot compare Elizabello's hype to Kaido's hype. Oda went into great detail to hype up Kaido. (I'm not going to attach manga scans but I will if you require any clarification)

1- Law claimed Doflamingo would rather face an Admiral than deal with an angry Kaido
(Doffy was present in the MF war, Doffy saw the stuff all the Admirals can do, Doffy almost got turned into a human ice sculpture back in PH arc, Doffy almost had a heart attack when Fuitora brought down those meteors back when they were fighting Law)
You get what I'm saying right? After all this, he still would choose to face an Admiral than Kaido.

2- No character in One Piece got a chapter detailing their invincibility except for Kaido. Oda went into detail to hype up Kaido. Not even Big Mom was hyped up the way Kaido was and she's a freaking monster herself (Even Big Mom herself hyped up Kaido by saying "Kaido? He cant be taken down by you guys")

*Kaido is the strongest creature (creature means ANY living organism)
*If its one on one, always bet on Kaido
*He supposedly cannot be killed (When you attempt to kill him,something happens that prevents it)

We know Kaido has 7 defeats but that could mean anything. Defeats don't necessary mean loosing a one on one fight. (Big Mom suffered a huge defeat during the WCI arc but she herself didn't loose to anyone in a fight)
So you can argue Akainu>Shanks or Aokiji>Big Mom but you need to stop bringing Kaido into these debates because Oda has put him on a separate pedestal.

Status
Not open for further replies.