[Game] A Certain Mafia Game #30

Haze_with_a_Z

Kin
494💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But on Day 5, we set out to do what we didn't accomplish on Day 4. There wasn't much of anything to discuss. It doesn't sit right with me that you tried to get us not to hammer Aether on Day 5. I like that you want to discuss more today and I get townie vibes from that, but idk if you're just doing that because you spewed scum Day 5 and now you're doing damage control
I don't like early maj in general. I don't care if we lynched no one the day before, nor if we lynched 10 people the day before. There is nothing to gain from an early maj, although you can lose from an early maj.

Also if I was scum and spewed it, why wouldn't I want a hammer? Like hammers only help the wolves and there was no way that we were gonna not lynch or lynch someone other than aether yesterday. That lynch was going to happen and I was fine with it. I just thought that we shouldn't maj that quickly(because I know we have to maj in this game to lynch). Usually I just don't like it in general, but the equivalent here is like doing so close to eod, not around 12hrs through the day(or whatever it was).

Haze_with_a_Z

Kin
494💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're okay with any lynch today???
No, I am not ok with any lynch today. I think no matter the lynch that we shouldn't maj that early.

Like for example, I currently think nika is town. I don't think they should be the lynch in general. I know that if enough people want to, I can't prevent it. I would argue against the lynch, but I know that people can be too tunneled or stubborn to not vote or not scum read someone. Even if that lynch ends up happening, I don't think that it should be an early maj.

Haze_with_a_Z

Kin
494💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I saw someone wanting to dissuade a lynch, but too afraid to stick their neck out for it. And Haze wasn't townreading Aether at the time, or saying they thought Aether was town. Only that we shouldn't hammer so soon
I never said that I was against an aether lynch, even if I said we shouldn't hammer so soon. I actually supported the aethor lynch but I wasn't voting to prevent a maj. So no, I wasn't townreading them because I didn't think they were town.

Nikamara

Kin
457💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Nikamara

I wanted the aether lynch, I just didn't want an early maj. I still feel the same way today about any lynch. You are trying to argue that I didn't want it, but I did and so you are arguing based off of false information and I don't like it.
That's not what I said Haze. Let me explain better. Obviously you said that you did. you said in that post and with your vote the previous day. My point is, it's contradictory to say you want something (Aether's lynch) but not go for it :hint:It's true that people don't all react the same to the same situation, but the rest of us who voted Aether the previous day were going into that Day phase with guns blazing baby.

Nikamara

Kin
457💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't like early maj in general. I don't care if we lynched no one the day before, nor if we lynched 10 people the day before. There is nothing to gain from an early maj, although you can lose from an early maj.

Also if I was scum and spewed it, why wouldn't I want a hammer? Like hammers only help the wolves and there was no way that we were gonna not lynch or lynch someone other than aether yesterday. That lynch was going to happen and I was fine with it. I just thought that we shouldn't maj that quickly(because I know we have to maj in this game to lynch). Usually I just don't like it in general, but the equivalent here is like doing so close to eod, not around 12hrs through the day(or whatever it was).
I mean we gained nothing when there is a no lynch. An early majority can actually tell you a lot if you know what you're looking for, like the fact that Salty, Ace, or Rej has a double vote :argh:But it can also let you see who's eager to jump on the wagon, who isn't, and why that could be.

I mean we are getting into WIFOM territory here, but it's to appear proactive, but also, to try to get town to doubt their reads and looking into other avenues for a lynch if let's say, your scummate's neck was one the line :vex:At least that's what I think Hazey <3

Haze_with_a_Z

Kin
494💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean we gained nothing when there is a no lynch. An early majority can actually tell you a lot if you know what you're looking for, like the fact that Salty, Ace, or Rej has a double vote :argh:But it can also let you see who's eager to jump on the wagon, who isn't, and why that could be.

I mean we are getting into WIFOM territory here, but it's to appear proactive, but also, to try to get town to doubt their reads and looking into other avenues for a lynch if let's say, your scummate's neck was one the line :vex:At least that's what I think Hazey <3
1. Well it is usually better to lynch, but since we no lynched twice in a row in my first game, I don't believe that we gain nothing, and we can gain information from talking too.

2. The double vote thing coulda been found out if we majed closer to eod. We didn't learn it directly from the early lynch.

3. Idk how one would even get town to doubt reads. I've had them firmed up by a scum before, not made to doubt them. If you start to doubt your reads, it isn't because of someone else, it is because you don't believe them in the first place.

Also I woulda liked to hear why aether stopped voting nessos at eod and then started again the next day. Like maybe they woulda come back and shared if we hadn't majed early. I can't see anything that we woulda lost if we had lynched later in the day, although I can see things that we couldn't get from early majing.

Haze_with_a_Z

Kin
494💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Never said you townread Aether. I said Alice townread aether. :facts:
Well I thought you said that you saw me wanting to dissuade the lynch and I thought that dissuade meant discourage since when I used the look up function on my computer, it showed up "discourage" in capital letters in the thesaurus thing and I thought a thesaurus had words that meant the same stuff that you could use instead so I thought you were saying that you thought I wanted to discourage the lynch and I never was trying to do that.

SirSalt

Kin
173💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

So if you deny it, the. Rej and elmage are double voters. There needs to be 2, not just one.

Nikamara

Kin
457💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Well it is usually better to lynch, but since we no lynched twice in a row in my first game, I don't believe that we gain nothing, and we can gain information from talking too.

2. The double vote thing coulda been found out if we majed closer to eod. We didn't learn it directly from the early lynch.

3. Idk how one would even get town to doubt reads. I've had them firmed up by a scum before, not made to doubt them. If you start to doubt your reads, it isn't because of someone else, it is because you don't believe them in the first place.

Also I woulda liked to hear why aether stopped voting nessos at eod and then started again the next day. Like maybe they woulda come back and shared if we hadn't majed early. I can't see anything that we woulda lost if we had lynched later in the day, although I can see things that we couldn't get from early majing.
1. This is your first ever mafia game :O Wow. Hope you're having fun. Sorry it's gotta be this way darling. :sweat:This is my first game on this site, but I know Aether, XTMF, Rej, Toujo and SoulKiller from other forums.

2. Actually it's harder to find out who the double vote is when it's near end of day. The fact that we could narrow down the double vote to 3 ppl is good. Not that double vote is inherently scummy mind you.

3. Every townie doubts reads unless they are super stubborn or tunnel a lot :/ You can't be sure who is town or who is scum as town. You make your best guess and you reevaluate if necessary. Has nothing to do with if you believe in them or not. In fact, Paranoia is the person I've played the most mafia games with XDDDDDDDDDDD

4. True we wouldn't have lost anything if Aether was still lynched; however, if he managed to sweet talk his way out of it we would have had everything to lose. Furthermore, do we need to hear what scum has to say about Nessos? Who I'm fairly certain is townie in everyone's eyes. Everything Aether had to say or would have had to say can be taken in only 2 ways when you boil it down to it's simplest parts. a) Aether and Nessos are not aligned or b) Aether and Nessos are engaging in next level distancing XDDDDDDD (which I really doubt is the case here)

Lastly, I can concede hammers are generally bad especially when a game like this has just started out. But Day 5 was a unique case. And I think I learned a lot from your reaction to that hammer sweety. u-u I am torn because I genuinely like your personality and presence in this game, plus it's nice to be townread by you :flowers:, but your flipping my scumdar off more and more :nosh:

Well I thought you said that you saw me wanting to dissuade the lynch and I thought that dissuade meant discourage since when I used the look up function on my computer, it showed up "discourage" in capital letters in the thesaurus thing and I thought a thesaurus had words that meant the same stuff that you could use instead so I thought you were saying that you thought I wanted to discourage the lynch and I never was trying to do that.
Don't want to get too caught up in definitions and semantics. Your push for Aether came off as disingenuous and I think you were hoping it could go another way if we babbled on and on weighing our options. "Let's not hammer guys, let's discuss" when really, in that situation, to my mind, there was nothing to discuss if you really wanted Aether lynched.

If you thought he was town like Alice, that would be one thing. I could see how someone townreading Aether would be against a hammer, but there is no reason for a townie who voted Aether on Day 4 to hesitate to slam down that hammer on Day 5 when we already wasted over 72 hours to achieve nothing on Day 4

Am I making sense now?