Legendary
Kin
901💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm too old for this. The ignorance, lack of common sense, and utter direspect contained in this thread is truly astounding. 'People should kill people because I heard someone on tv, the internet, or whatever say an injustice was done.' 'Or I hate a group of people because of what I see or hear on tv/internet or because some of those people wronged me at some point in my life, so screw them.'

K, thanks. Inequality/unfairness comes in all shapes, sizes, colours, and forms. Welcome to life. It will never stop and it will never get better. People live and die every day regardless of right or wrong. It's always been that way and as long as we exist, it will continue to happen. You can't stop it from happening to you, but you can try to stop yourself from doing it to some other person. Choice is yours, but I recommend you get used to it. Makes life easier.

Reactions: Fearmonger

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,434💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
if a Muslim(s) was the shooter everyone will call him a terrorist and this will be a terrorist attack and everyone will blame Islam and all Muslims ... now who dares to call these cops terrorists? who dares to generalize that all Christians are terrorists? and who dares to blame Christianity?
It's other way round too- if it weren't cops but terrorists you would be saying - these are just a small percentage of cops who are racist killers and random shooting of innocent cops who had nothing to do with the unfair killing was uncalled for.

So how about we be fair and apply the same principle to police force too as yourself especially since people still need cops. - they just need them better trained and more level headed and take strict actions against racist ones if proven. But randomly killing them won't get you better people as officers in the force. They will seek and find another job instead of one which gets them killed just for being in a uniform.

The way it's being handled now will only divide the society and make Me Vs the more prominent. And that would be counter productive because there have been shootings where some white civilians even kids too have died too without any reason(Jumpy cop shooting too quickly before realizing the kid had a remote in hand not a gun). So you could use them in the movement and make it a bigger civil issue.

Last edited:

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's other way round too- if it weren't cops but terrorists you would be saying - these are just a small percentage of cops who are racist killers and random shooting of innocent cops who had nothing to do with the unfair killing was uncalled for.

So how about we be fair and apply the same principle to police force too as yourself especially since people still need cops. - they just need them better trained and more level headed and take strict actions against racist ones if proven. But randomly killing them won't get you better people as officers in the force. They will seek and find another job instead of one which gets them killed just for being in a uniform.

The way it's being handled now will only divide the society and make Me Vs the more prominent. And that would be counter productive because there have been shootings where some white civilians even kids too have died too without any reason(Jumpy cop shooting too quickly before realizing the kid had a remote in hand not a gun). So you could use them in the movement and make it a bigger civil issue.
Why must a ''white kid'' be used to make the movement a bigger civil issue? Why cant the dead black kids/men be enough? If it is to prove that police misconduct and race don't go hand in hand that is false, blacks are several times more to have force used on them than their white counterparts, blacks are arrested more than whites for using marijuana and they smoke it at the same rate. The difference is the muslims who are being scapegoated aren't eating peoples tax dollars they aren't in position of power, they aren't the one with the gun. So i disagree with your assessment about equating or insinuating that judging all muslims is equal to judging all cops. Police are given the benefit of the doubt, they are give paid leave after killing blacks on the street. I wander if a muslims civil rights will be protected if he is under terrorism suspicions.

Josh

Legendary
Kin
901💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why must a ''white kid'' be used to make the movement a bigger civil issue? Why cant the dead black kids/men be enough? If it is to prove that police misconduct and race don't go hand in hand that is false, blacks are several times more to have force used on them than their white counterparts, blacks are arrested more than whites for using marijuana and they smoke it at the same rate. The difference is the muslims who are being scapegoated aren't eating peoples tax dollars they aren't in position of power, they aren't the one with the gun. So i disagree with your assessment about equating or insinuating that judging all muslims is equal to judging all cops. Police are given the benefit of the doubt, they are give paid leave after killing blacks on the street. I wander if a muslims civil rights will be protected if he is under terrorism suspicions.
Simple: because I don't believe everything I hear or see on tv/the internet. I also don't see how it can be police misconduct for the police to arrest people for illegal activities, or how it's misconduct for them to use force on someone who is resisting. Maybe it's my education on statistical analysis which makes me stop and think: correlation does not mean causation. If you want to claim the police are racist for arresting or using force on black people without definitive proof, then I can claim those same people were more resistant and obvious about their crimes than non-blacks.

And if we only factor in unnarmed blacks getting killed by police, of course we think racism, but there are enough cases on non-blacks who were unarmed getting killed too to think otherwise. How about we figure out why so many unarmed people are getting shot and killed and come up with a better solution that benefits everyone? Oh, it's because you only care about black people and you don't want to even consider that there could be any other possible reasoning for the things that happen.

And soI won't waste my time discussing it further since your words bear all of the hallmarks of an extremely narrow-minded and bigoted position.

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Simple: because I don't believe everything I hear or see on tv/the internet. I also don't see how it can be police misconduct for the police to arrest people for illegal activities, or how it's misconduct for them to use force on someone who is resisting. Maybe it's my education on statistical analysis which makes me stop and think: correlation does not mean causation. If you want to claim the police are racist for arresting or using force on black people without definitive proof, then I can claim those same people were more resistant and obvious about their crimes than non-blacks.

And if we only factor in unnarmed blacks getting killed by police, of course we think racism, but there are enough cases on non-blacks who were unarmed getting killed too to think otherwise. How about we figure out why so many unarmed people are getting shot and killed and come up with a better solution that benefits everyone? Oh, it's because you only care about black people and you don't want to even consider that there could be any other possible reasoning for the things that happen.

And soI won't waste my time discussing it further since your words bear all of the hallmarks of an extremely narrow-minded and bigoted position.
No one is saying its misconduct per say, but it is unfairness and an instinctive bias in policing. In america blacks are more times arrested than whites for smoking marijuana, which is illegal in some states,but the data shows whites and blacks smoke it at the same rate or use it at the same rate. So isn't it fair to ask why are more black kids getting locked up for smoking a joint than white kids? If you want to use the rule of law then use it fairly. How does the fact that non blacks are also getting killed negate that blacks are more disproportionally killed by the police? I never explicitly stated that i care only about one race nor did i mention that police brutality and misconduct only has to do with race. I think it has to do with class. etc.
No need to accuse anyone of bigotry or taint anyones image, we can have a substantive debate on the issues that matter without resulting to name callings.