Legendary
Kin
284💸
Kumi
1,737💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"I can see, so you don't own the place but dictate who can stay, what a strange way of doing things, how about we share, the landmark is actually divided into two"
Red1 points to cold side of the island and then to the hot side to show her point.

"besides looking at you, you wouldn't do so well on this side of the island, you like it cool" Red1 teased hoping to send her cohabitat on his merry way though it seem unlikely.
Share? The concept seemed plausible to him, however Negus was unsure of how this would work. Though he definitely enjoyed the icy cold weather as the woman's snide remark implied, he could not simply come to grips with someone else being here. He tested his techniques upon the hot side of the island to ensure that they were strong. If he were restricted to the already cold weather, he would not really feel the difference in how strong his techniques were. This presented a dilemma to Negus' mindset.

And what exactly would be the terms of this agreement. I use the heat to train and keep healthy. The cold can often make one complacent and I do not strive to be such.

@Avon

Reactions: Avonomemi

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Share? The concept seemed plausible to him, however Negus was unsure of how this would work. Though he definitely enjoyed the icy cold weather as the woman's snide remark implied, he could not simply come to grips with someone else being here. He tested his techniques upon the hot side of the island to ensure that they were strong. If he were restricted to the already cold weather, he would not really feel the difference in how strong his techniques were. This presented a dilemma to Negus' mindset.

And what exactly would be the terms of this agreement. I use the heat to train and keep healthy. The cold can often make one complacent and I do not strive to be such.

@Avon
Hearing his response, Red2 felt she was arriving somewhere, she perform a lunge jump forward out of the window and slowly descend to the ground, she land gently just a good range (mid) from him.

"oh that's simple, you stay on the cold, I stay right here" Red2 pause for reaction then continue.

"but you are allowed to come over here to train, keep healthy and nothing else, should you require something more, you will need permission from me, and I will do the same for your area, not that I need it to be healthy or stronger, maybe for the skiing and snow man gig "

At this point Red2 begin to slowly walk toward him, she stop once she is at close range, enough to see him properly.

" and lastly, we both agree to protect this island from foes, putting our interest aside "

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It took a while for Barney to regain his senses. His limbs were tingling, heart racing. His nervous system was firing signals to the brain, overwhelming it. His head was pulsating with pain and a big vein bulged on the right side of his forehead. He was pale and sweaty. Slowly, he calmed himself down with deep breaths. He kept clenching his fists and staring at them, as if they weren't his hands. He was sitting upright on his experiment bench, as if he was some kind of experiment himself. What's going on? What is this weird feeling? I feel powerless. He kept thinking to himself, something was amiss. As much as he was trying to recall his memories, he kept drawing blanks. Relax, focus. Calm down. Deep breaths. His brain wouldn't listen. With a deep sigh, he launched himself from the bed onto the floor but the legs beneath him collapsed. He planted his nose onto the cold concrete of his laboratory. At least that's what he was certain of. It was his laboratory. However? Why is my body not listening to me? Have I been asleep for so long? How long? Was I conscious? Why can't I remember? He lifted his face from the dusty concrete floor and glanced around. His machines have stopped working, some of them blinking in a standby mode. Only a few emergency lights were on, making sure that the lab was dimly lit. Only mere minutes have passed until he was able to slowly lift himself up and balance on his legs. For Barney though, those minutes felt like hours. Powerless hours. What a disgusting feeling. I hate weakness. He turned around and leaned with his hands on the bench. Looking at the palm of his left hand, he concentrated and started molding his chakra. Small amounts started surging through his body, channeling into his hand. Rasengan, he whispered silently while gasping for air, but nothing happened. His chakra wasn't sufficient. Did his body deteriorate so much that he lost all his abilities? All his memories? How long, for Christ's sake, was he out of it? Suddenly, in the corner of his lab, he saw two red lights at eye height on one of his machines. Two bright lights, close together. A shiver went down his spine as he remembered seeing two glowing red eyes. Somebody did this to me, came to his realization as he lowered his head and caught a glimpse of a circular mark on his left forearm under the sleeve of his lab coat.

I need to find out who did this to me, Barney proclaimed as he gave his laboratory a once over and found an old dusty and heavy dark cloak. He threw it around himself as he stumbled around looking for clues but there was not much he could see. He slowly walked up to the door and noticed that it wasn't completely closed. With a loud shriek, he grabbed the door with his left hand and pushed them open. He was looking down at a long hallway that was turning right. He decided do walk down the hallway while holding balance against the wall with his right hand, until he came to the right turn. Yet again, a long hallway. He kept following the hallway as it kept taking turns, left, right, left, right. However, as he was going, he noticed that it was getting colder and colder. He could feel the cold as he touched the wall with his hand. This is weird. The cold is actually soothing. As he continued following the hallways for what appeared to be at least 20 minutes, he noticed that his warm breath started creating a water vapor. It seemed as if he was getting closer to the end. After he took the last turn left, he saw a double door that was closed shut, but you could see traces of ice along the floor and along the sides and hinges. The noise he started hearing earlier was finally clear. It was a blizzard outside.

After a while of banging at the door trying to get the ice loose, he finally managed to open the door and he stepped outside. Aaaaahhh, f**king freedom finally. What now though? Barney looked down each side but couldn't see much. Nevertheless, he kept going through the middle. As he was walking the wind was slapping him quite violently as he pulled the dark cloak tighter with his hands. The idea was to get to some civilization first. He hasn't seen another human face in god knows how long. After a while, the blizzard started slowing down in its intensity and Barney started seeing outlines of mountains in the distance as well as a bright reflection from the settling sun. He was nearing the sea. This must've been some kind of remote island. That would definitely be a place that Barney would have his lab hidden within. Upon arriving at the shore, there was a small wooden rowboat filled with snow to the brim. Instead of digging the snow out with his hands, he simply stepped inside and sat down on the wooden crossbar with the snow surrounding him. He smirked happily as he put his right hand down through the snow towards the bottom of the rowboat. He wiggled his hand a bit and finally he pulled out two paddles and he started paddling towards the mountains. Since it was getting darker and the sun started settling, he could see some lights close to the shore on the other side.

Let's go there.​

Traveling through Gaikotsu Bay (255)​

• Love
Reactions: Skorm

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Gaikotsu Bay (255)

This post contains a B rank storyboard mission:

¬ Scout potential threats
¬ Investigate the history of a landmark
¬ Explore the history of something

Alright. Barney finally set foot on Yume Island. It was cold. The island was covered in ice, snow and permafrost and it was a good sign. Life was hard there and he expected to find none. To execute the mission properly, he had to come up with a systematic plan. First order of business was to scout the whole island and look for potential threats as well as exploring the island and getting to know its ins and outs. He needed to know the island if he wanted to claim it as his own. Currently, he was familiar with parts of it as deep down, within the heart of the island he had his laboratory set up. It was far away from preying eyes. Far away from civilization. Far away from laws of nature and life. Second order of business would be to look for signs of previous life and happenings, trying to establish its history and find if the island had any significance in the past. Obviously it had, since Alucard mentioned that it was an important part of his strategic plan. Alucard must've had some more information. After all, he was an old geezer with too much information in his brain. He was like an encyclopedia. Does he have all the information categorized? Is it in alphabetical or perhaps in a historical order? Either way, it was more organized than what Barney had in his brain. Lastly, he would explore the laboratory once again, clean it up and bring it to working order. He would also have to look for any old documents, books or logs, hopefully able to gather more information on his previous experiments so that he could continue where he stopped long time ago. Besides, it was still a mystery to Barney as to who's fault was it that he spent years in a deep sleep.

Let's go. Alucard, I don't know if you can hear me from here but this is much better than the magma you surrounded yourself with. Magma would be painful, sure. Excruciatingly even. But cold. Cold is the silent killer. It creeps into you veins through your skin and it spreads relentlessly like a virus until your blood congeals and becomes too thick, impossible for your heart to pump it through the arteries, veins and capillaries.

He got completely carried away in his thoughts. The island was so empty. So silent that he talked to himself to emulate some company. He crossed the island by foot and decided to start circling around the perimeter of the island, following its shore. He went step by step, fighting through the snow that was knee deep so it became tiring quickly. Why am I so dumb, he thought to himself. Instead of using his abilities to help myself, he always did the stupid thing and ended up struggling. Not this time. Using his chakra, he moved the snow in front of him to the side making a path for himself that was easier to cross. Now the snow was just on surface of the ice and with every step it made the amazing crunchy sound.
(Hyouton no Jutsu) Ice Release Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15
Damage: 30
Description: The user can use this jutsu to make it begin to snow down on the terrain, or, much like the “Earth Style Technique” the user can make small pillars or shields of pre-existing ice or make it materialize. If this is used to make snow, then after 3 to 4 turns most of the terrain will be covered.
So far so good. The island seemed to be completely empty and there were no signs of life. He didn't encounter any houses or any kinds of establishments which was encouraging. It seemed as if the island was rid of any threats and that claiming the island in the name of the Hellsing organization would be a piece of cake. As he walked around, he kept looking around continously in every direction, looking for footsteps, frozen objects, some old trails or even remnants of old battles but there were no such things. Everywhere he looked it was white as far as his eyes could see. Everything was covered in deep fresh snow. He was now nearing closer to the heart of the island and noise started picking up. It seemed as if a snowstorm was picking up and started ravaging through the island. He put his dark cloak back up around his head and pulled it in tightly. The conditions started becoming harsher and he could really feel the cold caressing his face. His nose hair was already frozen and every sniffle would spread the ice deeper into his nasal passageways. The cold breath crept slowly into his lungs and it gave him the all needed relief.

Before he came all the way onto the edges of the storm, he stopped and looked around once again. Nah. No way. My search is futile, he thought. No sane living being would go in the direction that I'm headed. From what he could remember last time, the snowstorm was in the same general location and Barney found it curious. It seemed as if it was an everlasting snowstorm that would prove as the perfect natural camouflage for the ice fortress that he planned to build at some point, on top of the entrance to his laboratory. Secrecy was key. He needed to make sure that anyone that ever decided to try and stumble upon it would barely survive the snowstorm, becoming an easy target for Barney if they happened to be hostile. First point was established. There were no active threats on the island and the island was up for being claimed. It's history seemed to be buried deep beneath the snow and ice and it would take global warming to get to it. He explored what he could and deemed that it wasn't worth wasting any additional time onto exploring its history.

Hm. Alucard never told me how do I actually claim it. Do I slap a flag onto it? I doubt I'd be able to pierce the thick ice beneath me even if I had a flag on a stick.

Within the storm, Barney thought of ways to make sure the island would fall under Hellsing control. A thought crossed his mind and he found it comical, but did it anyway.

IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE BETTER GET OFF THE ISLAND. THIS ISLAND IS NOW UNDER CONTROL OF THE HELLSING ORGANISATION AND BY THE POWER INVESTED INTO ME BY THE LEADER ALUCARD, UNDER MY COMMAND. IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST, BETTER COME OUT NOW AND FACE YOUR FATE.

He screamed from the top of his lungs, but the noise from the storm was deafening. Even if there was anyone, they probably wouldn't hear him anyway. It was more for a piece of mind for Barney. It felt powerful. He felt powerful for once. He could call himself a ruler. He got himself a piece of land that he could call his own and it felt good. His plans started taking place and by each passing day, he would cross off another thing from his bucket list.

Next order of business was getting into the lab. As he got to the small hill that had the door to the lab, he noticed that it was completely covered. The snowstorm built up a large pile of snow on the door and they were barely visible. They were a large two wing door made of metal which wasn't ideal. The cold would freeze the hinges and the handle making incredibly hard to open. Using his previous technique, he would move the snow out of the way and start banging on the door handle, the door itself and the hinges. It seemed to have helped that he did the same thing last time, making it easier to open. Once inside, the noise didn't really subside but the cold wasn't as aggressive. In front of himself he had a long corridor that took turns, left, right, left. After a few of the long corridors, he came to the inner door to his lab. The noise has now deadend completely and he could only hear the creek of the door as he opened them and pushed to the side.

You must be registered for see images

It was dark inside, just like he left it. A few machines were blinking in standby and emergency lights were on. He looked around for a light switch to turn the lights on. Obviously the switch was right next to the door and it lit up the whole lab. Barney made a round around the lab and turned all the machines on. As they started booting up, the noise got louder from the mechanical parts moving and the fans blowing cold air to cool the components down. Not that it was necessary. The natural cold was enough to provide the machines with perfect thermal efficiency as there wouldn't be any thermal throttling. He took his dark cloak off, revealing his doctors cloak and he finally felt at home.

Feels awesome to be back. This is going to be legen... wait for it... dary... Legendary. Let's see what these papers say.

There was an abundance of files making it impossible to decide where to start. A lot of different scribbles and names of some unknown people. Galen Marek? Isabella Uchiha? Jayce Uchiha? Lots of other names mentioned in all kinds of documents but none of it made real sense. They seemed to be some sort of logs that mentioned locations of meetings and orders of businesses. Seems like Barney knew these people at some point but there was no recent information. Only God would know if any of them were even alive. He figured it wasn't worth bothering over deceased individuals. There were different drawings of mysterious creatures that seemed like they were part of Barney's imagination. Plans for development of new techniques and even scientific data on various interesting materials and there were a couple of jars with peppers soaking inside. That would explain why one of the documents went into incredible detail about peppers and its component that have them their heating sensation, Capsaicin. He also found countless documents about the human body, explaining all the intricate details, critical points, explaining medical procedures and chakra points, various medical tools and most importantly explanations to sealing techniques. The document mentioned Barney venturing into the Uzumaki ruins and founding old forbidden scrolls that contained long forgotten techniques that were banned from existence. Kinjutsu seemed to be another area that was of great interest to old Barney. That document was intesting as it's headline read:

How to defy the laws of nature 101

This is hilarious. I will have to get acquainted with all of this as soon as possible if I plan on continuing to work on the experiments.

It was indeed overwhelming. The amount of new information that was available to Barney was astonishing. It made him wonder how he couldn't find any of this lasttime he was here. Seems lile all it tookceas turning the lights on. However, between all those interesting documents, Barney's eyes and mind got drawn and stuck onto the file talking about Tiamat. A long forgotten Goddess, the Primordial Mother of Life. It mentioned studies of fellow scientists using something called Sea of Life and creating Children of Tiamat. Apparently, the source was somewhere in Hokubu Ocean. Intriguing indeed. Barney set that file aside, on top of the pile and decided to talk to Alucard about it before he would go there himself. It seemed like he, being the encyclopedia that he was, would be someone that could share more knowledge about the subject. At last. Barney seemed to have done what he came for. He would stay for a while more cleaning up the lab and setting everything to be up to date before debriefing with Alucard.

I wish i didn't have to return to that scorching grotto.
_

Mission end. Landmark claimed in the name of the Hellsing Organization.​

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This post contains a D rank storyboard mission: Set up camp

After claiming the island, Barney made sure to make the lab into his new home. He cleaned up the lab from all the dust but funny enough there were no spiders nor spider nets around. He figured that was most likely due to the cold. Good, he didn't like them anyway. As he moved around, his breath was visible and it looked like he was exhaling little clouds. He enjoyed the cold and decided to move onto the scattered piles of books, notebooks and various other parchments. He moved those to a shelving system and organized everything. The books were categorized by genres or rather the fields of Ninjutsu such as the elemental natures. Afterwards, he organized them in alphabetical order and he noticed that they were all scientific, historical and research based without any fantasy or fiction. It seemed that he had a strong mind that was strictly based on facts and didn't dwell in fantasies. He skimmed through the notebooks and looked for any interesting custom ideas and kept what he thought might be useful and discarded what he felt was useless. This kept going on for a while and Barney got drawn into it so much that he lost track of time. He was amazed of his old self. It seemed that back in the day his brain was a marvelous thing that was full of ideas and willing to always experiment and push the limits of the possible. As he finished, he checked all the machines in the lab, noting those that worked and those that didn't. He made a list of replacement parts to buy and carefully made sure not to skip anything. There were generators, motherboards, lights, switches, a few broken screens, storage modules, power converters, controlling units and so on. After that, he went to his medical corner and started checking the equipment. It was definitely sparse and much was missing. The list was ever-growing and included sterilized scalpels, bottles of ethanol disinfectant, sterilized syringes, bandages, blood drawing kits, a mortar and pestle, sterile spoons and knives and so on. At last, he stood in the middle of the lab and looked around, happy with the progress he made. He turned around on his heels and made his way back to Dainashi where he was hoping to find Alucard because he wanted to talk to him about the Children of Tiamat. He turned back once again because he forgot the book where they were referenced and then walked down the long hallways following them left, right, left until he was outside in the heart of the storm. From there he made his ways to the shore and across Gaikotsu bay, towards Dainashi.

Mission end.

Traveling towards Gaikotsu Bay (255)​

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [ ]
You must be registered for see medias

Alucard and Zev drifted onto the icy shores of Yume island, a remote place skyward of even the northernmost top of the lightning mountains mainlands. Lilith was still asleep, she breathed slowly under Alucards black and crimson coat that he had put on her to keep warm. It was not like him, he would never do this to anyone - she was truly special. Zev kept guard over his master and their Yin/Yang creation. He had already fought of two punks who were stupid enough to engage the throne of the Hellsing Organisation. While Zev looked out into the snowy sea he was sure of the dangers lying in the Hokubu not just being fairy tales. His star chakra surrounded him, fading in and out like souls of fireflies that reflected into the snow.

We're not home yet Lilith, we're staying here just to make sure we're not followed.

Alucard spoke in a quiet voice as if trying not to disturb her. He let her sleep, wrapped up in his clothes as he rose up from the ground and joined Zev, patting his shoulder.

You did well back there, one of them was probably stronger than you but inexperienced. If they recover, they should know where to head to now.

..Hmpf.

On this island, Alucards vision was cut off from the rest of the lightning mountains which ensured him that nobody with his level of vision could see them from afar either. Unless, they had been followed. Alucard would set up camp while Zev kept guard and acted as a beacon in the nightfall that was cloaking the island from the east. Who knew who would show up next.

• Sad
Reactions: McRazor

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
...This sucks!!

Zev bursted out in dismay of the freezing cold bullshit that he had to put up with.

Ain't nobody coming for us, i want to lay down and rest in the firescape of home.

Pipe down you imbecile. Fine, we'll go but not because you said so

Alucard, Zev and Lilith all went towards Dainiashi.

LLM

Onii Chan

Veteran
Kin
839💸
Kumi
2,581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from: Hokubu Ocean (257) | Page 13 | Anime Forum (animebase.me)

Upon arriving onto the shores of Yume a wild blizzard would take fold onto the shinobi taking board of the boat traveling towards it. A sudden crash with the boat clearly in shambles upon impact made the two fling forward into the thick snow of the shoreside. A few grunts and tired expressions fluttered from the mouth ungracefully of Edward as he equipped himself with his hood to over his ears with warm, then traversing over to the still knocked out friend that lye upon the snow. Using his automail for better leverage Ed would seamlessly pick up Fushi once again and throw him upon his shoulder to carry.

- ''Shiso, Kioku, look ahead ... surely that asshole is somewhere in this darn blizzard''

Proclaimed Ed as he commanded the two pelicans to scout ahead for the mysterious shinobi that whooped his friend's ass so bad he fell into a coma like state for several sailing cycles. Pushing through the snow they'd eventually reach their destination, although unclear of where to go next. The cold was eventually getting to the best of Edward, although attempting very well to keep his composure during it all.

LLM

Reactions: System001

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

This post contains a D rank storyboard mission: Do some moderate meditation to improve focus (1)

Entering his lab in the heart of the cold Yume Island was always a refreshment. The cold air pinching his face and his lungs, almost freezing the alveoli was a unique feeling that Barney got accustomed to and thoroughly enjoyed. The same way someone enjoyed warmth and the sense of security and content it gave them, Barney felt for the cold. It was something he inherited through his genes which were coming from the Yuki bloodline.

Upon entering the lab, he took the heavy dark cloak off and threw it on a nearby chair while dropping from exhaust onto the other. He threw his head backwards, staring into the ceiling while his mind raced, as it used to. He needed to calm down, to relax. He figured some meditation might help. As his head was dangling back from the chair he caught a glimpse of an artifact that was laying on a working bench. He forgot to put it away earlier when he was cleaning up the place.

He took the artifact and sat down on the cold floor, but it was too cold so he took the old coat for a makeshift rug and sat on it instead. He crossed his legs and held the artifact in his hands. He figured, perhaps it could help him to channel all the negativity into it in order to free himself and clear his mind. The artifact could become a vessel for his darkness. As he sat there, first steps were to calm down by controlling his breathing, focusing solely on the deep and slow breaths. He would inhale a deep breath for as long as there was space in his lungs, followed by a deep and long exhale until there was nothing else to exhale. As he focused on the breathing, all his other thoughts got pushed to the side and his mind seemed to clear, but from time to time an intrusive though would weasel its way into his mind, dropping his already established focus thus he had to start again.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Continuing his meditation, Barney found it inevitable that his mind would wander. But it was different than before. His thoughts would wander, but much slower and more focused. He saw his goals in front of him, at hands reach. As he turned around, there he saw multiple paths that would lead to the goals and all Barney had to do was pick one and follow. "Lady Tiamat. Wait for me." would echo through his mind with every breath. Breath in, breath out. He was calm. Very calm. In fact, he never experienced such calm since the moment he woke up from his long sleep. It was astonishing what a mind could do when set up right and cleared from distractions. One by one, he saw as they passed by him; chasing Hawke, healing the child, burying Ralph, meeting Kingdra. They were all small pieces of a bigger puzzle and it ultimately led to one goal. One figure. A sudden cough interrupted his steady breathing and once again, he had to readjust his mind.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As a last effort, he envision himself sitting on a body of water, in same same position. There wasn't a lick of wind. The water was still like a sheet of paper. Everything was calm. His breathing was improving once again and he felt focused. Suddenly, heat stsrted emanating from the artifact he held in his hand. He opened his eyes and glanced at it and it was glowing as if it was infused with something. His stupid attempt actually amounted to something unexpected? You don't say. Seems like the stars would align after all. It was time for Barney to get a lick of luck. With his mind focused and his goals clear and their path drawn, he opened his eyes and returned to now.

Mission end.

+1 Void Infusion gained from
(Mukō: Meisō) – Void: Meditation
Type: Void Infused Artifact
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description: Remaining within a single landmark and meditating for three turns (or three posts separated by 45 minutes) grants the user a 50% chance to gain a single Void Infusion.

Attachments

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
First order of business, a letter to Hawke. Since he wanted to catch up to Hawke but was unsuccessful twice in a row, he decided to write him a letter. Hopefully the hardened criminal knew how to read. Worst case scenario, one of his brothers would have to read it to him as a bedtime story.

Hawke Garret
Leader of The Brotherhood
Takemikazuchi’s Anvil (127)
Ninja World

Hawke (@ZK),
I'm writing this letter slowly because Alucard told me you read very slowly. As you may, or may not already know, I was at your mine encampment looking for you but you weren't there. I then followed your trail to Sylhet where I had to deal with the mess you left. Those poor old folks and young ones were scared shitless, pale in their faces and pants full of feces. I managed to save those stuck in their burning homes and one child got dangerously injured, but thanks to me, he will live. Just as a word of warning, they pledged to take you down and bring their families home so hopefully you have some accommodation prepared for the old and young as you're going to have more workers. Anyway, onto the pressing matter. I've encountered an individual which had this mark tattooed on his forearm and I decided to let you know that I have taken his life. You can check the mark on the piece of skin I've attached in the envelope. If you ask me, it looks like an amateur did that, so it seems like you've either got impersonators or really big fans. It might be worth looking into because the level of work he did was putting a shade on your name. Disgraceful. I know that you're busy smacking people around but I would like to meet with you to discuss what to do about the body of the said individual. There's also something else I need to talk to you about, but it's too sensitive for a letter. If you so wish, you can find me in Khulna where I will be conducting some research.
The blonde handsome guy you met in Dainashi

The letter was finished, so Barney took out the scroll with the sealed body and unsealed it on his table. From his sleeve he slid a scalpel and carefully carved out the piece of skin that contained the aforementioned tattoo, ultimately sealing the body back. The piece of skin was then carefully placed into the envelope along with the letter and sealed away. Now all that was left was going to Khulna to put it in a mailbox.

Traveling towards Gaikotsu Bay (255)​

Reactions: Serpent and ZK

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Once again, Barney was home. As he stepped on the frozen wasteland that was his island, he took a deep breath and the hairs in his nose picked up some lingering frost. As the freezing lick of air entered into his lungs it froze his alveoli and he coughed up heavily. "****, excuse me." he apologized for what was meant to be a moment of pride but turned into a silly display of his clumsiness. "How do you like it? As I said, it's cold but...", he got interrupted by the growing sound of the blizzard as they got closer to the heart of the island. He had to raise his voice considerably in the hopes that Pantha could hear him as they walked through the heavy snowstorm. "We're almost there." he said while covering his face with his arm as the snow blasted across and got caught up on his eyebrows and in his dirty blonde hair. Some of it also got stuck on his goggles, so he took them off to relieve some pressure from the headband.

Once they got to the cold metal door, he saw that the damn hinges were frozen again. He really ought to do something about those. Another time, perhaps. The hallway they followed was long, very long actually, and they took many left and many right turns upon finally entering his laboratory.

"Home, sweet home." he said while turning around to Panthalassa and gesturing with his hand in an outward motion. He got so nostalgic that he actually forgot about Panthalassa for a second and he didn't even once turn around to check if he was even following him through the blizzard. Thank God he was a tough guy that didn't give up so easily. Barney liked that very much.

"So, make yourself at home. Are you cold? Do you want some heat? Do you want some tea? Take a seat! Mi casa es su casa, mi amigo!" That came completely out of nowhere!!! He didn't even know he knew a foreign language. He felt so dumb for blurting that out that he turned around to his book shelving system in shame and pretended to look at his computers, checking if everything was in order.

@Panthalassa

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Once again, Barney was home. As he stepped on the frozen wasteland that was his island, he took a deep breath and the hairs in his nose picked up some lingering frost. As the freezing lick of air entered into his lungs it froze his alveoli and he coughed up heavily. "****, excuse me." he apologized for what was meant to be a moment of pride but turned into a silly display of his clumsiness. "How do you like it? As I said, it's cold but...", he got interrupted by the growing sound of the blizzard as they got closer to the heart of the island. He had to raise his voice considerably in the hopes that Pantha could hear him as they walked through the heavy snowstorm. "We're almost there." he said while covering his face with his arm as the snow blasted across and got caught up on his eyebrows and in his dirty blonde hair. Some of it also got stuck on his goggles, so he took them off to relieve some pressure from the headband.

Once they got to the cold metal door, he saw that the damn hinges were frozen again. He really ought to do something about those. Another time, perhaps. The hallway they followed was long, very long actually, and they took many left and many right turns upon finally entering his laboratory.

"Home, sweet home." he said while turning around to Panthalassa and gesturing with his hand in an outward motion. He got so nostalgic that he actually forgot about Panthalassa for a second and he didn't even once turn around to check if he was even following him through the blizzard. Thank God he was a tough guy that didn't give up so easily. Barney liked that very much.

"So, make yourself at home. Are you cold? Do you want some heat? Do you want some tea? Take a seat! Mi casa es su casa, mi amigo!" That came completely out of nowhere!!! He didn't even know he knew a foreign language. He felt so dumb for blurting that out that he turned around to his book shelving system in shame and pretended to look at his computers, checking if everything was in order.

@Panthalassa
Mission Start

Cook and Share a Meal with a Friend

Panthalassa had cheerfully taken the coat that Barney had given him. The man had style, and a sort of dashed-haze was forming in Panthalassa's eyes that allowed him to brush over many of the mistakes the doctor did. In Pantha's mind, the coughs, misteps, mispeech and whatever would simply be ignored, as they didn't confine to the idea of "Barney is the coolest dude" that Panthalassa had created and ingrained in his own mind.

While it was severely chiller here that at the Red Keep, the salty air from the ocean was soothing and familiar to Panthalassa. And it remined him of the Yuki he met down at Water Islands, whevener they would travel inwards into the core of Kinai.

So this is your place! Nice and cozy! We could do some eating! What do you have?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mission Start

Cook and Share a Meal with a Friend

Panthalassa had cheerfully taken the coat that Barney had given him. The man had style, and a sort of dashed-haze was forming in Panthalassa's eyes that allowed him to brush over many of the mistakes the doctor did. In Pantha's mind, the coughs, misteps, mispeech and whatever would simply be ignored, as they didn't confine to the idea of "Barney is the coolest dude" that Panthalassa had created and ingrained in his own mind.

While it was severely chiller here that at the Red Keep, the salty air from the ocean was soothing and familiar to Panthalassa. And it remined him of the Yuki he met down at Water Islands, whevener they would travel inwards into the core of Kinai.

So this is your place! Nice and cozy! We could do some eating! What do you have?
"I don't keep much here since I honestly don't spend too much time here, unfortunately", Barney would say while shrugging with his arms. He would go to the opposite corner of the lab where his scarce kitchen appliances were, along with a sink and a small fridge. If he could remember correctly from his last cleanup, the fridge was mostly filled with testing samples. Perhaps he could find something in the lowest drawer of the freezer. Voila, there was some frozen chicken and a pack of your common veggies.
"I guess they'll take a while to thaw before they can be cooked. I'm not the best cook myself. I usually rely on others and I mostly do takeout anyway. As a matter of fact, I prefer ramen.", he drifted away thinking of that amazing ramen place he found in Khulna during his stay. He shook his head to regain focus and addressed Panthalassa again.
"Hopefully you can cook!", he smiled with his teeth stretching from one ear to the other.

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"I don't keep much here since I honestly don't spend too much time here, unfortunately", Barney would say while shrugging with his arms. He would go to the opposite corner of the lab where his scarce kitchen appliances were, along with a sink and a small fridge. If he could remember correctly from his last cleanup, the fridge was mostly filled with testing samples. Perhaps he could find something in the lowest drawer of the freezer. Voila, there was some frozen chicken and a pack of your common veggies.
"I guess they'll take a while to thaw before they can be cooked. I'm not the best cook myself. I usually rely on others and I mostly do takeout anyway. As a matter of fact, I prefer ramen.", he drifted away thinking of that amazing ramen place he found in Khulna during his stay. He shook his head to regain focus and addressed Panthalassa again.
"Hopefully you can cook!", he smiled with his teeth stretching from one ear to the other.
Panthalassa was staring and the fridge with the weirdest mood. Most of the things in there were absolutely foul and the Aburame thought he might just die if he were to eat any of it. His flies, though, seemed buzzing with excitement at all the dead things. Oh, dicotomies.

Okay... maybe we should go hunting for stuff. Do you know your way around a frozen area? We can find lemmings bellow the snow spots and there are a few mosses, dried fruits and mushrooms in the more forested areas, near rivers and caves. We can make a stew soup...

He said, closing the door of the frigde before Barney could take anything out

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Panthalassa was staring and the fridge with the weirdest mood. Most of the things in there were absolutely foul and the Aburame thought he might just die if he were to eat any of it. His flies, though, seemed buzzing with excitement at all the dead things. Oh, dicotomies.

Okay... maybe we should go hunting for stuff. Do you know your way around a frozen area? We can find lemmings bellow the snow spots and there are a few mosses, dried fruits and mushrooms in the more forested areas, near rivers and caves. We can make a stew soup...

He said, closing the door of the frigde before Barney could take anything out
"I've seen every inch of the island but haven't been able to find any trace of life. You see, this island is a home to a dormant volcano that erased all life from it long ago and beneath the thick layer of ice lays an even thicker layer of magma. I think we're out of luck." said Barney with a sorrow tone in his voice. He sounded apologetic almost, as if it was his fault that there was no food in sight. He opened his coat to check its insides and there he found all kinds of drawings. These were drawings on the lining of his coat that represented all the things sealed within. Kunai, shuriken, other weapons, sealing scrolls, medical equipment, medical ingredients, all kinds of other random things. "I think one of these scrolls has a dead boar that I picked up on my journey. It's preserved in a safe medium to keep it from decaying and spoiling. We can make boar goulash, I suppose." Barney said, unsure if Captain was open to that suggestion. If not, it would appear that his idea of welcoming a guest to his island would've been a failure. Worst case scenario, they would have to set out to the mainland to get some food.

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"I've seen every inch of the island but haven't been able to find any trace of life. You see, this island is a home to a dormant volcano that erased all life from it long ago and beneath the thick layer of ice lays an even thicker layer of magma. I think we're out of luck." said Barney with a sorrow tone in his voice. He sounded apologetic almost, as if it was his fault that there was no food in sight. He opened his coat to check its insides and there he found all kinds of drawings. These were drawings on the lining of his coat that represented all the things sealed within. Kunai, shuriken, other weapons, sealing scrolls, medical equipment, medical ingredients, all kinds of other random things. "I think one of these scrolls has a dead boar that I picked up on my journey. It's preserved in a safe medium to keep it from decaying and spoiling. We can make boar goulash, I suppose." Barney said, unsure if Captain was open to that suggestion. If not, it would appear that his idea of welcoming a guest to his island would've been a failure. Worst case scenario, they would have to set out to the mainland to get some food.
Panthalassa grimaced at the thought of using the vegetables in the fridge, but he figured that a thorough rince and a hard broil might do the trick, the stench of boar game would be enough to cover any unpleasantness from the dodgy stock.

He opened the fridge door once more, and carried the veggies to a nearby table, where he poured out his hand and drew out some Panthalassic Water, whose heat and radioactivity was controlled to act like a low-level microwave to par-boil the greens and desinfect them, before picking up a sharp knife and chopping them to bits.

Bring it over the stove and charr that boar! I guess we can make something cool!

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Panthalassa grimaced at the thought of using the vegetables in the fridge, but he figured that a thorough rince and a hard broil might do the trick, the stench of boar game would be enough to cover any unpleasantness from the dodgy stock.

He opened the fridge door once more, and carried the veggies to a nearby table, where he poured out his hand and drew out some Panthalassic Water, whose heat and radioactivity was controlled to act like a low-level microwave to par-boil the greens and desinfect them, before picking up a sharp knife and chopping them to bits.

Bring it over the stove and charr that boar! I guess we can make something cool!
"Alright! Give me instructions!" said Barney while preparing the meat for charring. Thankfully, it was already de skinned and cleaned up, but needed to be sliced up onto easy to handle pieces, while Captain worked on the veggies. Giving Barney the task of handling the meat was a great responsibility. He would've rather handled the veggies if you asked him, as he was an inexperienced cook and was just hoping not to mess something up. It would mean that they would be left hungry.

As Barney handled the meat, his thoughts drifted away, thinking about what they could do next after filling up their bellies. It seemed like Captain had a great appetite and seemed to be great in the kitchen because the way he handled the veggies was majestic. It seemed like he was dancing with them, gently caressing them with the knife while showering them with his temperamental love with every slice. He was a true chef. "I'll call you Chef instead of Captain. Suits you better." said Barney jokingly.

Panthalassa

Elite
Kin
1,105💸
Kumi
32,712💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Alright! Give me instructions!" said Barney while preparing the meat for charring. Thankfully, it was already de skinned and cleaned up, but needed to be sliced up onto easy to handle pieces, while Captain worked on the veggies. Giving Barney the task of handling the meat was a great responsibility. He would've rather handled the veggies if you asked him, as he was an inexperienced cook and was just hoping not to mess something up. It would mean that they would be left hungry.

As Barney handled the meat, his thoughts drifted away, thinking about what they could do next after filling up their bellies. It seemed like Captain had a great appetite and seemed to be great in the kitchen because the way he handled the veggies was majestic. It seemed like he was dancing with them, gently caressing them with the knife while showering them with his temperamental love with every slice. He was a true chef. "I'll call you Chef instead of Captain. Suits you better." said Barney jokingly.
I certainly can't be fed by my flies, they only eat blood and rotten food...

Point taken, as the flies had crept out of Panthalassa's clothes and started raiding the fridge. Meanwhile, Panthallassa and stopped preping the vegetables and poured them into a big iron pan he found in a cupboard somewhere, and nudged the roasting of the boar here and there to keep Barney on track.

What are your plans coming forward, Barney? Will you also go to that Garrett dude?

After finding the boar meat to be sufficiently scorched, he pulled it apart into the pan and layered them with the veggie, allowing the oils and fat from the meat to caramelize in the sugars of the vegetables.

A shame we don't have any spices though...

He said, matter-of-factly