[Multi-Console] Your most memorable gaming-moments?

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I re-watched some scenes from videogames that I loved and still love the most, until a certain idea crawled into my mind. I would like to know what gaming-experiences you all have. Feel free to share the most memorable moments, be it something extremely funny, something awkward, something very sad or just really cool. Also, it would be cool to know the reason why you like certain scenes, if it is not obvious :>

Here are a few of mine:

- The giraffes in "The Last of Us"

Reason:
The real beauty in this scene lies within the context.
After everything Joel and Ellie have been through in this game, especially after Ellie's experience with the cannibals, it is just beautiful to see them as witnesses of such a calm, peaceful situation. The giraffes symbolize the little bit of beauty and hope that you can still find between the debris of the apocalyptic, violent world.

- Cristina Vespucci's death in "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood"

Reason:
Again, you need the context for this scene.
When you see or play the memory-missions about Cristina, you learn how she and Ezio first met, became a couple and then had to go seperate ways because Ezio slid into the life of an assassin. Yet, their love for each other never expired. And then, when they met again after many years that passed, she dies in his arms, telling him that she always loved him. That broke my heart when playing this game, no, the Ezio-trilogy in general.

- Ezio speaking to Desmond at the end of "AC: Revelations"

Reason:
I freaking love this speech. Ezio is one of my most favorite characters of all time in any media.. and after playing 3 games with him as a protagonist, this scene was pure gold. You know, first, Ezio discovers the corpse of Altair (the legendary protagonist of the first AC-game), then retires from his life as an assassin, realizing that he was only a conduit for a message that had nothing to do with him or his life. Doesn't change the fact that he had such an amazing character-development. He started from being a vengeful teenager and became a very wise and spiritual man who dedicated his life to the fight for freedom and justice.

- The ending of "Valiant Hearts"

Reason:
While the entire game is sad and hard to swallow, the ending destroyed me completely when I first saw it. And it brings me to tears every single time I watch it. The music does carry the emotions brilliantly, from an artistic point of view and maybe the true story behind the letters in this game affects the feelings even more. Everyone who didn't watch or play the game should catch up on it. A brilliant game.

- "The Walking Dead Season 2", Kenny's ending.

Reason:
When you play through the game, you easily get the idea that Kenny isn't a good person. He surely did bad things, but in an apocalyptic scenario like this, you have to adjust the standards. But deep down inside he is a good person and you will see it in the video above. After all he has been through, after everything he lost in his life, he is willing to give himself up to save two children. He deeply wants them to live a better life, with friends and safety. TellTale did an amazing job here and I can't wait for TWD to continue.

- "GTA 5", Michael's character-trailer.

Reason:
Not gonna lie, GTA 5 is one of the best games I've ever played and probably ever will. It's a fantastic game and I really enjoy the character "Michael". In my opinion, he is the best elaborated character in the entire series and he has the perfect balance of comedy and seriousness. Playing this game was a big pleasure.

Reactions: Bimbonium

Filosoofis

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You won't understand but halo 3 players will do. Everyday when I was 11 and had halo 3 immediately after school started up my xbox 360 and played halo 3 mostly custom games like infection slayer etc. Halo is known for having really good music.
[video=youtube;0ykNFsAkmUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykNFsAkmUY[/video]

Song on the background is called never forget. And it made me feel the nostalgia when I could play halo 3 again on halo mcc in 1080p 60 fps.

Even to this day this game has like 3000 hardcore online players.

Reactions: Sparks

Dr Gilgamesh

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well it's not a game scene but I still fondly remember beating the Elite 4 in my Pokemon Silver version for the first time. I always lost against Karen's Vileplume since I only used my Feraligatr and my 7 year old self was too stupid to use fire or flying types. Then I tried using my Skarmory that was still in my box and I won! You cannot imagine the euphoria I felt. I got even more hyped after beating the champ and acutally going back to Kanto and to see all these familiar places again!

Man, those were the days, I miss my childhood sometimes :score:

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
GTA V​
My most memorable moment is the first time you really get to play with the character-switching mechanic with all three main protagonists - it's the mission where you're invading the (IAA's?) building to rescue that Azerbaijani guy on behalf of the FIB (Trevor on helicopter, Franklin on sniper, Michael on rappel). It's such a perfectly smooth and cinematic mission. The banter between the characters is great too.

The Last of Us​
It was the monkeys that was the moment for me in The Last of Us. xD Especially because it was foreboding - what were the Fireflies doing with the monkeys?

The Walking Dead Season 1​
In the Walking Dead, S1, the moment where Lee confronts the (Stranger? The dude talking to Clem on the phone) was my favorite moment, because I played The Walking Dead as a total villain. So he goes "Why did you steal all my crap" and I went "You f*cked up." And then he asks Lee about something he did (it's been a while since I played) and Lee goes "I f*cked up." xD It was a great moment of dialogue choice making a scene better, plus it was a really tense scene to begin with. Felt literary as hell though.

Sonic Adventure 2​
I played Dark Story first, so when Eggman shot Sonic into outer space in a capsule pod, and the capsule pod exploded...yeah...

Metal Gear Solid 2​
The Konami Code handshake between Snake and Otacon. :| 'Nuff said.

Metal Gear Solid 4​
Big Boss saluting to the true patriot, before finally letting go. Music helps.

Assassin's Creed II​
The first time you can play Venice. It's, to this day, one of the most impressive free-roam experiences I've had in a video game. And the setting is beautiful.

Assassin's Creed III​
When Connor finally confronts Benjamin Lee, and Lee asks why Connor pursues him so hopelessly, when even his friends think he's mad for trying to put a stop to the Templars. Connor's response of "Because no one else will!" summarizes his character's idealism and determination, and made me respect him immensely.

Kingdom Hearts II​
The entire final level is amazing.

Pokemon: Crystal​
Fighting Red on Mt. Silver. Culmination of awesome, and at the time, the game had everything you wanted.

Fallout: New Vegas​
The DLC plot, in its entirety. Especially Dead Money and Lonesome Road. Again, literary as hell. F*ck yeah Chris Avellone.

Borderlands 2​
The battle with the BUNK3R. The setting and music make it great, plus it's a point where all your protagonists are working together.

Devil May Cry 4​
The battle with Credo. It's just a good fight.

Halo: Combat Evolved​
The final level, as well as The Silent Cartographer.

Prototype 2​
The final battle between Heller and Mercer. The music, "Murder Your Maker," which is a remix of Alex Mercer's own theme, helped.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles​
The final battle with the source of the Miasma. Surreal but epic.

I wanted to just put these out there right away, but I will probably add more later. xD

Last edited:

Ricardo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Infamous 2: Cole vs the beast
[video=youtube;guFygWE5SBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guFygWE5SBY[/video]

MGS 4's ending.

Resident evil 4's chainsaw dude. The chainsaw sound used to give me nightmares

COD 4, the sniper mission.

The last of Us, Sarah's death. i cri evrtime.

idk, there's so many.... xd

Last edited:

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*hears a wail from a distance* *thudding noises* *little girl happily giggling echoes through the room* *peeks on the corner*

[video=youtube;Abhy09TKnQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abhy09TKnQc[/video]

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The greatest moment in gaming as a whole. I cried like a newborn baby... I didn't want to press the button to kill her! I wanted to save her :sniff:

[video=youtube;MIrJtj6n3ss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIrJtj6n3ss[/video]

''There's only one room for one Boss. And one Snake'' :T_T:

You must be registered for see images

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was trying to think about it but then I realized if nothing comes to mind then none are memorable.
I agree with you. I felt bad about not having more indie games in my own list, but this is how I rationalized it. :(

The problem is also that there are a couple of games where the experience of playing the whole game is the memory.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I.The final boss in Shadow of the Colossus, when I saw that mofo, smh.

II. Nemesis in Resident Evil 3, he just wouldn't die and was always after you. First time I felt like one of the people in a Jason movie or something, they just don't die.

III. The end of FFX where it was all a dream. Felt like it ruined the games ending, but I'll never forget the feeling of being raped by Square-Enix. It was a fun game but the disappointment was real at the time, like I wasted a bunch of hours for something meaningless.

IV. The end of the walking dead season 1.

V. Final Fantasy Crisis Core as a whole, one of the best FF games I've played. But specifically the simulator with Sepiroth vs Genesis.

Can't think of any others worth sharing.

Angelic.

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Opening up kingdom hearts early like a sneak and only watching the intro xD
Seeing sin rek besaid island in ff10
Watching mgs scenes