Elite
Kin
300๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
304๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Simple question. What was your first impression of One Piece? We're not talking when you first watched the japanese, not when you knew what anime was, but when you first heard of it, back maybe when you first heard it being on Cartoon Network and heard it was a cool pirate show.

Of course, if you first heard of it in japanese, then go for it. But this is your first impression from when you first heard of it ever.

Go what was it?

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I thought it was weird because I had been into Pokemon and DBZ at the time.
All of a sudden OP commercials were all over CN, I was interested from the moment I saw it.
How I got into Naruto is connected, but thats a different story...

Iruka

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
First time I ever saw it was when I was around 12 and loved cartoon network. Initially I hated it but that was because it was the English dubbed and censored version. I started reading the manga awhile ago but then stopped for exam preparation and haven't really gotten back into it again. Maybe I'll start again during the break between academic years.

Gregsta

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I thought it was some lame anime about a rubber kid wanna be pirate looking for a lame treasure called one piece, who calls their treasure one piece??? But not long ago I decided to give it a go since everyone is going nuts over one piece talking about it 24/7 and woah. In 2 days I watched around 50 episodes. Similar to when I was watching "Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi" also a great anime and ongoing manga. Should have started watching bleach when it came out but back then I was just getting into anime, first thing I was watching was Naruto. I'd never even read a manga before so I was judging plainly on appearances.

Gatsuuga

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
To be honest I didn't really enjoy it when I first saw it, but it was english dub. I've been considering starting to watch it again because i've heard good things if you get past the first part. Also if I was going to watch it should a watch the japanese sub version is it way better?

BlacKing

Legendary
Kin
284๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1,737๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
One Piece was on Cartoon Network? Wow.

I actually didnt pick up One Piece until Recently. Like Febuary March Timeframe. I was on deployment and didnt have anything to read but Naruto and Bleach. I destroyed Deathnote, Ares (I LOVE THE BOTH OF THESE) and I needed something to read. I saw it was really popular on here so I picked it up. I pretty much caught up to everyone in 2-3 weeks time.

Talk No Jutsu

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
My friend told to me watch episode 408, because something amazing happened to Luffy, so I watched it and I just got hooked on and I watched untill the Impel Down arc, and then started from episode 5, and watched it up to the latest one.