Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So my understanding of Yin that it's not the opposite of Yang but rather corresponds with it. As Yang is Physical Energy and Sentence, Yin is Spiritual Energy and creation. Having the ability to alter and create substance in a way normally outside the realm of possibility. For example making Fire cold, or having water be solid without turning to ice. Yin is creation while Yang is life from my understanding. Like Yang, having a little bit of Yin in it. Yin also has a little bit of Yang.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So my understanding of Yin that it's not the opposite of Yang but rather corresponds with it. As Yang is Physical Energy and Sentence, Yin is Spiritual Energy and creation. Having the ability to alter and create substance in a way normally outside the realm of possibility. For example making Fire cold, or having water be solid without turning to ice. Yin is creation while Yang is life from my understanding. Like Yang, having a little bit of Yin in it. Yin also has a little bit of Yang.

So YY in the rp is fashioned after Daoism. You're free to go read up on all that for the philosophy behind it or i can link you my training with Drackos where he explains it but i'd rather get down to how it works directly. You summed it up quite well, here is my take on it.

Yin - Yes it's spiritual but it's also tied the your imagination, it's creation itself. The perfect example is genjutsu, as you're creating something in their mind to bend their senses. It takes this one step further allowing you to change physical things in the world, one yin tech allows you to say, turn fire cold, change the colour of fire, make it invisible... bound to your very imagination. Yin is associated with cold. Now on top of this, yin can hinder or buff one's spiritual techniques or even create them. Hungry ghost is a common example but even then, cannon example is yamanaka. They control and impose one's spirit on another.

Yang - Yang is physical, vitatality, or put simply, life. The reason i say life is because you can quite literally give life (sentience) to things, heal the physical form and even enhance the physical form, which you said about taijutsu. Yang is hot, you will even see this in the techniques (tsb, white tiger etc).

Now, before i go onto y/y, every technique, for yin and yang, has a bit of the other in it.

But when you combine the two in balance, like you say, you get creation itself. You imagine the form with yin and give life to it with yang to put it simply.

Anyway, the first technique:

(Inton: Ten ni henkō) - Yin Release: Change into Heaven
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user manipulates a technique of the basic 5 elements with Yin nature, allowing him to change its properties. Fire can become solid. Lightning can become tangible. The possibilities are as endless as is the user’s own imagination. The end resulting technique is neutral to all basic elemental natures. This doesn't consume time since it’s actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Yin Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields, CE and advanced elements.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and 6 times per event.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So YY in the rp is fashioned after Daoism. You're free to go read up on all that for the philosophy behind it or i can link you my training with Drackos where he explains it but i'd rather get down to how it works directly. You summed it up quite well, here is my take on it.

Yin - Yes it's spiritual but it's also tied the your imagination, it's creation itself. The perfect example is genjutsu, as you're creating something in their mind to bend their senses. It takes this one step further allowing you to change physical things in the world, one yin tech allows you to say, turn fire cold, change the colour of fire, make it invisible... bound to your very imagination. Yin is associated with cold. Now on top of this, yin can hinder or buff one's spiritual techniques or even create them. Hungry ghost is a common example but even then, cannon example is yamanaka. They control and impose one's spirit on another.

Yang - Yang is physical, vitatality, or put simply, life. The reason i say life is because you can quite literally give life (sentience) to things, heal the physical form and even enhance the physical form, which you said about taijutsu. Yang is hot, you will even see this in the techniques (tsb, white tiger etc).

Now, before i go onto y/y, every technique, for yin and yang, has a bit of the other in it.

But when you combine the two in balance, like you say, you get creation itself. You imagine the form with yin and give life to it with yang to put it simply.

Anyway, the first technique:

(Inton: Ten ni henkō) - Yin Release: Change into Heaven
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user manipulates a technique of the basic 5 elements with Yin nature, allowing him to change its properties. Fire can become solid. Lightning can become tangible. The possibilities are as endless as is the user’s own imagination. The end resulting technique is neutral to all basic elemental natures. This doesn't consume time since it’s actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Yin Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields, CE and advanced elements.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and 6 times per event.
It's rather straight forward and as it states, the possibilities are only limited to the users imagination, altering state of mass, color etc. That being said I wouldn't get to crazy with how you alter something as some alterations by breach the rules of the RP or be too OP. For example changing the properties of lava move at the speed of sound. Without a logical reasoning behind the alteration i'm assuming it cannot be done?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's rather straight forward and as it states, the possibilities are only limited to the users imagination, altering state of mass, color etc. That being said I wouldn't get to crazy with how you alter something as some alterations by breach the rules of the RP or be too OP. For example changing the properties of lava move at the speed of sound. Without a logical reasoning behind the alteration i'm assuming it cannot be done?
Indeed, you can't speed up an element like that. You're changing it's physical properties in a sense. Like you can make water reflect light, make fire transparent or even cold. Can make steel soft like butter (not that you would lol) but you get the idea.

When you use this on a jutsu, it then becomes neutral to all elements. Something to take into account.

(Inton: Gogyou Gen) - Yin Release: 5 Elements Illusion
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: N/A (+50)
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique allows the user to combine their elemental chakra with Yin Release in order to create stronger, more potent genjutsu. When the user casts a genjutsu, rather than using their raw chakra they will use one of the basic elemental natures, thus increasing the potency of the jutsu. The jutsu increases in strength by one rank and due to the massive amount of chakra used, the jutsu can penetrate through any subversive method against genjutsu. By using nature chakra rather than raw chakra, the properties of the genjutsu can change in accordance to that nature and become stronger. For example, using Crushing Snake Constriction with Fire Release chakra would make the snakes appear, feel, and sound as though they were on fire. As well, the technique would follow the rules of elemental genjutsu. The user is free to alter the effects of a genjutsu within reason as long as the primary effects remain the same.
Note: Can only be used 6 times per battle.
Note: Cannot be used on techniques above S-rank.
Note: Yin Release masters can use advanced elements and CE

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Indeed, you can't speed up an element like that. You're changing it's physical properties in a sense. Like you can make water reflect light, make fire transparent or even cold. Can make steel soft like butter (not that you would lol) but you get the idea.

When you use this on a jutsu, it then becomes neutral to all elements. Something to take into account.

(Inton: Gogyou Gen) - Yin Release: 5 Elements Illusion
Description: This technique allows the user to combine their elemental chakra with Yin Release in order to create stronger, more potent genjutsu. When the user casts a genjutsu, rather than using their raw chakra they will use one of the basic elemental natures, thus increasing the potency of the jutsu. The jutsu increases in strength by one rank and due to the massive amount of chakra used, the jutsu can penetrate through any subversive method against genjutsu. By using nature chakra rather than raw chakra, the properties of the genjutsu can change in accordance to that nature and become stronger. For example, using Crushing Snake Constriction with Fire Release chakra would make the snakes appear, feel, and sound as though they were on fire. As well, the technique would follow the rules of elemental genjutsu. The user is free to alter the effects of a genjutsu within reason as long as the primary effects remain the same.
Note: Can only be used 6 times per battle.
Note: Cannot be used on techniques above S-rank.
Note: Yin Release masters can use advanced elements and CE
Straight forward technique, apply an elemental property to enhance the effectiveness of a genjutsu and prevent an opponents subversive method of countering/releasing the illusion, for example Doujutsu. My only question what are some other subversive methods this prevents? Like how does this technique work on Bijuu? Jin are not immune to illusion, they can simply break from illusion via their bijuu freeform releasing them by knocking them out of it. Does that count as a subversive method? Same for seals that auto activate? are those subversive methods?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Straight forward technique, apply an elemental property to enhance the effectiveness of a genjutsu and prevent an opponents subversive method of countering/releasing the illusion, for example Doujutsu. My only question what are some other subversive methods this prevents? Like how does this technique work on Bijuu? Jin are not immune to illusion, they can simply break from illusion via their bijuu freeform releasing them by knocking them out of it. Does that count as a subversive method? Same for seals that auto activate? are those subversive methods?
If a custom clan is immune to gen, it's basic genjutsu. With this technique, it become a yin genjutsu. And they can then be bound in that.

The same works for bijuu being immune to gen, it's basic gen. This is a yin gen > basic gen, so will effect them. It just means they won't passively break out of it which is their form of immunity, they will have to actively counter it.

The seals are a completely different area, which would be a case by case situation.

The wording states "penetrate through any subversive method against genjutsu. " This clearly means it breaks through a method of preventing genjutsu. It's not about the counters to genjutsu. For that you need to look into the genjutsu rules of elemental genjutsu, which follow s/w. I know you've read up on that from a fight we had a while ago.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If a custom clan is immune to gen, it's basic genjutsu. With this technique, it become a yin genjutsu. And they can then be bound in that.

The same works for bijuu being immune to gen, it's basic gen. This is a yin gen > basic gen, so will effect them. It just means they won't passively break out of it which is their form of immunity, they will have to actively counter it.

The seals are a completely different area, which would be a case by case situation.

The wording states "penetrate through any subversive method against genjutsu. " This clearly means it breaks through a method of preventing genjutsu. It's not about the counters to genjutsu. For that you need to look into the genjutsu rules of elemental genjutsu, which follow s/w. I know you've read up on that from a fight we had a while ago.
understood, ready to continue.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Inton: Gaki no Jutsu) - Yin Release: Hungry Ghost Technique
Description: Hungry Ghost is a spiritual parasite created through the user’s Yin Release chakra. When using an elemental jutsu, the user will form the ram hand seal to seal the hungry ghost within their technique. Sealing the hungry ghost inside one’s technique happens within the same timeframe as their elemental technique. When the user’s technique clashes with another technique, the parasitic Yin Chakra will eat away at the chakra within the technique, weakening it by one rank. Once the hungry ghost consumes foreign chakra it is released and immediately attaches itself to the source of the foreign chakra (the opponent). From there, the parasite continues to eat away at the enemy’s chakra every time they use techniques (all techniques reduce in rank and power by 1 degree). Once the Hungry Ghost is released, its tether is immediate and cannot be blocked or circumvented by ordinary means. The effects of Hungry Ghost last for 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used 5 times per battle and cannot be used on the same target more than twice.
Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yang, Yin-Yang or Natural Energy can break or prevent the tethering of the Hungry Ghost.
Note: Yin Release master can apply this technique to advanced elements and CE
Note: Hungry Ghost can only be used on S-rank techniques and below.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Inton: Gaki no Jutsu) - Yin Release: Hungry Ghost Technique
Description: Hungry Ghost is a spiritual parasite created through the user’s Yin Release chakra. When using an elemental jutsu, the user will form the ram hand seal to seal the hungry ghost within their technique. Sealing the hungry ghost inside one’s technique happens within the same timeframe as their elemental technique. When the user’s technique clashes with another technique, the parasitic Yin Chakra will eat away at the chakra within the technique, weakening it by one rank. Once the hungry ghost consumes foreign chakra it is released and immediately attaches itself to the source of the foreign chakra (the opponent). From there, the parasite continues to eat away at the enemy’s chakra every time they use techniques (all techniques reduce in rank and power by 1 degree). Once the Hungry Ghost is released, its tether is immediate and cannot be blocked or circumvented by ordinary means. The effects of Hungry Ghost last for 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used 5 times per battle and cannot be used on the same target more than twice.
Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yang, Yin-Yang or Natural Energy can break or prevent the tethering of the Hungry Ghost.
Note: Yin Release master can apply this technique to advanced elements and CE
Note: Hungry Ghost can only be used on S-rank techniques and below.
This is a technique that has been brought up for debate on multiple occasions but its rather simple. You apply Yin to an elemental technique allowing it to debuff an opponents technique it clashes with. Then, after clashing with the technique the Yin tethers to the opponent causing their future techniques to weaken by one rank. It lasts four turns and counts as a debuff following the damage buff rules. So while an opponent in debuff by this technique, you the user, can only apply one buff to your own techniques. A bit of a double edge sword if you're use to having more then one buff. As it states, Yin, Yang, Yin-Yang and/or Natural Energy techniques such as senjutsu can break the tethering if you're already debuffed, or prevent the tethering effect completely if the technique that clashes with the ghost already has YY or Senjutsu in it.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is a technique that has been brought up for debate on multiple occasions but its rather simple. You apply Yin to an elemental technique allowing it to debuff an opponents technique it clashes with. Then, after clashing with the technique the Yin tethers to the opponent causing their future techniques to weaken by one rank. It lasts four turns and counts as a debuff following the damage buff rules. So while an opponent in debuff by this technique, you the user, can only apply one buff to your own techniques. A bit of a double edge sword if you're use to having more then one buff. As it states, Yin, Yang, Yin-Yang and/or Natural Energy techniques such as senjutsu can break the tethering if you're already debuffed, or prevent the tethering effect completely if the technique that clashes with the ghost already has YY or Senjutsu in it.
The wording is specific, it says surges or barriers. So once it's tethered it would take a surge to break it. Before it hits a barrier can prevent it. I know this came up in the grand rp tourny, broly vs riker. Drackos made a ruling with timing and a lot of stuff there, worth a read.

(Inton: Dai Mugen Ryu) - Yin Release: Great Phantom Dragons
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 150
Damage: 100 | 120 (for multi-element)
Description: A more powerful version of “Yin Release Hungry Ghost Technique.” Rather than the user arbitrarily adding their Yin Release chakra to a specific technique, the user will create a number of large, elemental dragons using any of the basic elements plus their Yin Release chakra. The user can create up to 5 serpentine dragons which, once created, can act independently according to the user’s will. Due to the user being able to manipulate multiple elements at once, each dragon created can be of a different nature. Each dragon will also have the absorption properties of “Hungry Ghost,” thus becoming even more dangerous. However, due to the massive amount of chakra and control needed to use these dragons, the user can only control two dragons at any given time. While the dragons are present, the user cannot use any Yang Release or elemental techniques that currently exist within the dragons. Yin Release masters can combine two natures together in order to make a multi-elemental dragon or even a dragon consisting of an advanced element or CE that they know. However, in doing so they will only be able to create two dragons.
Note: Can only be used 2 times per battle.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The wording is specific, it says surges or barriers. So once it's tethered it would take a surge to break it. Before it hits a barrier can prevent it. I know this came up in the grand rp tourny, broly vs riker. Drackos made a ruling with timing and a lot of stuff there, worth a read.

(Inton: Dai Mugen Ryu) - Yin Release: Great Phantom Dragons
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 150
Damage: 100 | 120 (for multi-element)
Description: A more powerful version of “Yin Release Hungry Ghost Technique.” Rather than the user arbitrarily adding their Yin Release chakra to a specific technique, the user will create a number of large, elemental dragons using any of the basic elements plus their Yin Release chakra. The user can create up to 5 serpentine dragons which, once created, can act independently according to the user’s will. Due to the user being able to manipulate multiple elements at once, each dragon created can be of a different nature. Each dragon will also have the absorption properties of “Hungry Ghost,” thus becoming even more dangerous. However, due to the massive amount of chakra and control needed to use these dragons, the user can only control two dragons at any given time. While the dragons are present, the user cannot use any Yang Release or elemental techniques that currently exist within the dragons. Yin Release masters can combine two natures together in order to make a multi-elemental dragon or even a dragon consisting of an advanced element or CE that they know. However, in doing so they will only be able to create two dragons.
Note: Can only be used 2 times per battle.
I have two questions for this one. First, does this have a tethering effect like the hungry ghost technique? or only the absorption properties? also are it's absorption properties as powerful as the hungry ghost? being a one rank decrease in a clashing techinque?

On the last part, can a Yin Release master combined two advanced elements or custom elements? or only combine basic elements?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So no shade, but I found some of the early defining of what Yin is to be quite lacking. I'm not restarting the training or anything, but I want to go back to what you think Yin is to better prepare you for making customs and using it in battle. We will resume with techniques soon, but I just want to make sure what you think Yin is and what it can do is properly defined. So after the training you've received so far, and based on how you've seen other people use it in battle and make customs, what do you think Yin is?

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So no shade, but I found some of the early defining of what Yin is to be quite lacking. I'm not restarting the training or anything, but I want to go back to what you think Yin is to better prepare you for making customs and using it in battle. We will resume with techniques soon, but I just want to make sure what you think Yin is and what it can do is properly defined. So after the training you've received so far, and based on how you've seen other people use it in battle and make customs, what do you think Yin is?
To my understanding, Yin is energy that is spiritual in nature. It's derived of thought itself and is creation from imagination. It's able to alter techniques and substance though spiritual means in order change it's properties limited to ones imagination. I don't fully understand the limits of the ability within our RP or understand it's base function. I know we can use the energy to create but the 'why' is it possible alludes me.

I know examples of it's usage from the series, like Yamanaka, who use Yin energy to create their Mind techniques to take someone over or read their minds. They use Yin energy to alter their own spirit to transfer it's essence into another as the base of their clan techniques. Nara Clan on the other hand uses Yin energy differently, instead using it to alter the substance of their shadows from intangible form into a tangible form to subdue their opponents with usage of their own spiritual energy being used to control an opponents movement once their shadows connect. Outside of clan usage, we've seen both Sasuke and Kakashi use Yin energy to alter Chidori, enhancing it's properties and turning it black in appearance.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In the RP, when you use Change into Heaven on a technique do you think you can alter the inherent strengths and weaknesses of the element or technique you apply it to? More specifically, do you think you could make Fire strong to water?

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the RP, when you use Change into Heaven on a technique do you think you can alter the inherent strengths and weaknesses of the element or technique you apply it to? More specifically, do you think you could make Fire strong to water?
Well you're asking two different questions.. Do I think I can change the S/W of an element or technique it's applied to. Well yes I can. Can I make fire strong to water? No I cannot. Change into Heaven allows you to alter an element limited only by your imagination. If I wanted to make fire act like a sponge and soak up water I could, the weakness to water will even be lost. But I cannot make the fire strong to the water. This is because Change into Heaven, regardless of the alteration will result with the technique being neutral to all basic elemental natures. So yes I change the S/W of fire but no I cannot make it strong to water.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Going one step further, do you think you could use Change into Heaven to give a Fire technique Water properties?
Yes you can. The fundamental usage of this technique is just that. To alter the properties of the element without changing it's strengths/weaknesses. As the technique says fire can become solid, or liquid if you wanted. I'd go as far and say you can change the properties to go even further and say, for example give earth sponge like qualities, allowing it to absorb liquid type material. Or make lighting more like wind, creating a vacuum allowing it to suck in mist out of the air. As the technique says "the possibilities are endless", so long as they're reasonable and understandable.