Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Awaits Drackos
We'll start with how I always start these. Explain Yang in the context of Daoism to be the best of your knowledge. You can supplement your knowledge with research if you want, but there's no need to break your back over this one. So just give me the best of what you know and I'll fill in the gaps.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
We'll start with how I always start these. Explain Yang in the context of Daoism to be the best of your knowledge. You can supplement your knowledge with research if you want, but there's no need to break your back over this one. So just give me the best of what you know and I'll fill in the gaps.
Well I'm hardly an expert that's for sure, I've never been a really spiritual person to be frank. I believe the basic concept is that Yin and Yang are two halves of a whole like a cycle with yang representing the sunny side. It's the physical energy in the narutoverse and seems to be based around high energy, heat, and healing amongst other things.

Honestly I defer to you on this though. Not an expert and I refuse to copy paste some stuff I don't understand from wiki lmao.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Copying this from Scaze's training, cause it is the same for both. Just swap Yin and Yang in certain places like where I talk about Yin State/Yang State.

So Yin-Yang are basically the primordial forces of the universe. But they weren't the first. Before there was Yin-Yang, there was nothingness. You've seen these before on this site in two major ways: LoK's sage title (the Sage of Wuji), and Reborn's Hayabusa clan, based on Wuji. Think of Wuji as two stages before Yin and Yang, and a state of true nothingness. Wuji is defined as the boundless and infinite. It is literally, in Chinese, translated to "without ridgepole," meaning there is no direction, no poles (think North and South poles), etc. In Naruto, this state was represented as Kaguya Otsutsuki herself. The end of Naruto was laden with very rich symbolism, despite how the story kinda went to wild shit. It's something I really do have to give props to Kishi for. Basically Hamura and Hagoromo, the Six Paths Yin and Yang powers, respectively, represent Yin and Yang. This is also represented by Naruto and Sasuke, and Hashirama and Madara. Then when these powers combine, they become Taiji (the next state I will talk about). This is Madara after he declares he is immortal, basically, and how he has obtained "both powers." Then you have Kaguya. She represents the ultimate state. Had she succeeded it would have, in a way, been a return to nothingness.

Now from Wuji comes Taiji. Taiji is translated as "Great Pole," and it is the state of the Supreme Ultimate. Taiji is the state of everything. It is the primordial universe, with infinite potential and boundless boundaries. For some, thinking about what Taiji is can be weird. Taiji is a state of undifferentiated everything. It is a single great pole that encompasses the entire universe. This is where Yin and Yang come in, which is the next state. Yin and Yang are poles that allow Taiji to be differentiated. It gives more definition to a universe of everything. Yin and Yang is further broken down into the 8 Trigrams, or the Ba Gua. These 8 Trigrams combine in a variety of different ways to give us the Creation of 10,000 Things; this essentially is, in philosophy, what creates everything in the universe. In the Naruto RP, this is represented as the Creation of All Things Technique, creating living beings from nothing. The Ba Gua does this by utilizing Yin and Yang in a variety of different ratios.

We'll talk about ratios soon, as it is important in Yin-Yang techniques. But essentially, and you point this out in your post, that one cannot exist without the other. That means that in all Yin and Yang techniques, the opposite, to some degree, is still present. This is true even in the ultimate Yin and Yang techniques in the RP: Yin State and Yang State. In these techniques you will reduce your Yang ratio (in the case of Yin State) to the absolute minimum. But this does not mean that the Yang ceases to exist. As we go through the techniques we're going to identify, in as many as we can, where the Yang is in each one. So yes, this is a Yin training thread - but we'll be looking at it in the context of Yin-Yang. Because no matter how much you try to remove the Yang, it is always present.

Knowing this, what do you think are the characteristics that define Yang in the RP? You mention some, like "sunny." This is definitely one of them. Yang is bright and warm. It is frequently made reference to in the technique names (Power of the Sun, Touch of the Sun). What else do you think are defining characteristics of Yang?

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
Copying this from Scaze's training, cause it is the same for both. Just swap Yin and Yang in certain places like where I talk about Yin State/Yang State.

So Yin-Yang are basically the primordial forces of the universe. But they weren't the first. Before there was Yin-Yang, there was nothingness. You've seen these before on this site in two major ways: LoK's sage title (the Sage of Wuji), and Reborn's Hayabusa clan, based on Wuji. Think of Wuji as two stages before Yin and Yang, and a state of true nothingness. Wuji is defined as the boundless and infinite. It is literally, in Chinese, translated to "without ridgepole," meaning there is no direction, no poles (think North and South poles), etc. In Naruto, this state was represented as Kaguya Otsutsuki herself. The end of Naruto was laden with very rich symbolism, despite how the story kinda went to wild shit. It's something I really do have to give props to Kishi for. Basically Hamura and Hagoromo, the Six Paths Yin and Yang powers, respectively, represent Yin and Yang. This is also represented by Naruto and Sasuke, and Hashirama and Madara. Then when these powers combine, they become Taiji (the next state I will talk about). This is Madara after he declares he is immortal, basically, and how he has obtained "both powers." Then you have Kaguya. She represents the ultimate state. Had she succeeded it would have, in a way, been a return to nothingness.

Now from Wuji comes Taiji. Taiji is translated as "Great Pole," and it is the state of the Supreme Ultimate. Taiji is the state of everything. It is the primordial universe, with infinite potential and boundless boundaries. For some, thinking about what Taiji is can be weird. Taiji is a state of undifferentiated everything. It is a single great pole that encompasses the entire universe. This is where Yin and Yang come in, which is the next state. Yin and Yang are poles that allow Taiji to be differentiated. It gives more definition to a universe of everything. Yin and Yang is further broken down into the 8 Trigrams, or the Ba Gua. These 8 Trigrams combine in a variety of different ways to give us the Creation of 10,000 Things; this essentially is, in philosophy, what creates everything in the universe. In the Naruto RP, this is represented as the Creation of All Things Technique, creating living beings from nothing. The Ba Gua does this by utilizing Yin and Yang in a variety of different ratios.

We'll talk about ratios soon, as it is important in Yin-Yang techniques. But essentially, and you point this out in your post, that one cannot exist without the other. That means that in all Yin and Yang techniques, the opposite, to some degree, is still present. This is true even in the ultimate Yin and Yang techniques in the RP: Yin State and Yang State. In these techniques you will reduce your Yang ratio (in the case of Yin State) to the absolute minimum. But this does not mean that the Yang ceases to exist. As we go through the techniques we're going to identify, in as many as we can, where the Yang is in each one. So yes, this is a Yin training thread - but we'll be looking at it in the context of Yin-Yang. Because no matter how much you try to remove the Yang, it is always present.

Knowing this, what do you think are the characteristics that define Yang in the RP? You mention some, like "sunny." This is definitely one of them. Yang is bright and warm. It is frequently made reference to in the technique names (Power of the Sun, Touch of the Sun). What else do you think are defining characteristics of Yang?
Very interesting stuff it seems to be very based on real world beliefs and stuff which is basically why I know little about it. However given the explanation, I believe the defining chatacteristics of Yang to be heat and warmth energy, kinetic energy more specifically or motion. It seems yang is predominantly seen as the masculine side of the duo and is associated with sunshine and light.

Having looked it up it seems in the real world that yang heavily represents life in general. They speak on plants that bear fruit as being fully in yang in the summer at the peak of life and being fully in yin in yhe winter.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now we'll move onto talking about Yang in the context of the RP. This is where it becomes a bit more interesting for most people.

"There are a few traits that are unique to Yang itself. Yang energy is very heated, but gives off no heat ( meaning if touched, incredibly hot flames will be felt but if you are near it, you generally won't feel it); It is life energy and encompasses just that, life ( what I mean by this is Yang is able to be used to breath life into form, obviously. Keeping in mind what I said earlier about how all Yang jutsu contain traits of Yin, you are able to use Yang to create living entities or appendages/alterations to the body. This can be best compared to Jugo's clan and how it is able to grow limbs that are enhanced by natural energy, or the Akimichi clan and it's ability to grow/manipulate the size of their body parts or even comparable to the Kaguya who are able to manipulate their skeletal system or even Inorganic Reincarnation which is able to infuse nonliving items with life and sentience like Yang can ); Yang energy is able to cause an imbalance of energy in the body that can have varying effects ( though logically, inserting too much of either Yin or Yang energy into the body will cause an imbalance, only Yang energy is able to affect the opponent in a way that this imbalance can hinder or harm them. This is because Yang requires greater control to handle due to it's highly energized state. This means that with Yang, you can insert high Yang energy and since they don't know how to control it yet, they will have adverse effects on their chakra system. This can present itself as difficulty in using it, inability to utilize certain fields, even things such as rapid aging of the body due to overflowing life energy, aging you to your peak and beyond); heal on a better level than Medjutsu or Hashirama cells ( one of the easier things to understand, Yang due to it's life energy, is able to heal wounds and even life threatening injuries. On the surface, this doesn't seem as useful because for the most part, the RP is a glass cannon one where almost any blow will kill you. But you can use Yang energy in ways to replicate or even make better forms of Medjutsu. You could create Yang energy that filters biological warfare attacks like poisons and things, you could use it to make abilities like the Yin seal of Tsunade's which is terribly named, you could also use it in conjunction with the life filling ability to make perfect clones that are living with their own chakra pools like a pseudo Creation ); and a few more things."

This is my cheat sheet for Yang Release in the RP, passed down from LoK and Reborn. I've taken it from my Yin-Yang training thread in an act of sheer laziness, but it is accurate and gets the job done. Do you have any questions regarding any parts of it? This does very well to capture the essence of what Yang is, and really gives meaning to the characteristics of what Yang is.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
Now we'll move onto talking about Yang in the context of the RP. This is where it becomes a bit more interesting for most people.

"There are a few traits that are unique to Yang itself. Yang energy is very heated, but gives off no heat ( meaning if touched, incredibly hot flames will be felt but if you are near it, you generally won't feel it); It is life energy and encompasses just that, life ( what I mean by this is Yang is able to be used to breath life into form, obviously. Keeping in mind what I said earlier about how all Yang jutsu contain traits of Yin, you are able to use Yang to create living entities or appendages/alterations to the body. This can be best compared to Jugo's clan and how it is able to grow limbs that are enhanced by natural energy, or the Akimichi clan and it's ability to grow/manipulate the size of their body parts or even comparable to the Kaguya who are able to manipulate their skeletal system or even Inorganic Reincarnation which is able to infuse nonliving items with life and sentience like Yang can ); Yang energy is able to cause an imbalance of energy in the body that can have varying effects ( though logically, inserting too much of either Yin or Yang energy into the body will cause an imbalance, only Yang energy is able to affect the opponent in a way that this imbalance can hinder or harm them. This is because Yang requires greater control to handle due to it's highly energized state. This means that with Yang, you can insert high Yang energy and since they don't know how to control it yet, they will have adverse effects on their chakra system. This can present itself as difficulty in using it, inability to utilize certain fields, even things such as rapid aging of the body due to overflowing life energy, aging you to your peak and beyond); heal on a better level than Medjutsu or Hashirama cells ( one of the easier things to understand, Yang due to it's life energy, is able to heal wounds and even life threatening injuries. On the surface, this doesn't seem as useful because for the most part, the RP is a glass cannon one where almost any blow will kill you. But you can use Yang energy in ways to replicate or even make better forms of Medjutsu. You could create Yang energy that filters biological warfare attacks like poisons and things, you could use it to make abilities like the Yin seal of Tsunade's which is terribly named, you could also use it in conjunction with the life filling ability to make perfect clones that are living with their own chakra pools like a pseudo Creation ); and a few more things."

This is my cheat sheet for Yang Release in the RP, passed down from LoK and Reborn. I've taken it from my Yin-Yang training thread in an act of sheer laziness, but it is accurate and gets the job done. Do you have any questions regarding any parts of it? This does very well to capture the essence of what Yang is, and really gives meaning to the characteristics of what Yang is.
Hmm well I understand the concept in the rp for the most part, I will have more questions about the specific limits of the canon techs. However my main question conceptually. Can the heat or "sunny" energy be theoretically directly weaponised to cause burning damage or will it merely feel incredibly hot?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hmm well I understand the concept in the rp for the most part, I will have more questions about the specific limits of the canon techs. However my main question conceptually. Can the heat or "sunny" energy be theoretically directly weaponised to cause burning damage or will it merely feel incredibly hot?
I mean it can. It doesn't radiate heat in the normal sense. My issue with that though is, if the custom ONLY does that, then why not just make it a Fire custom or some shit lmao? But I figure it won't only cause heat damage. But yes, it can.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
I mean it can. It doesn't radiate heat in the normal sense. My issue with that though is, if the custom ONLY does that, then why not just make it a Fire custom or some shit lmao? But I figure it won't only cause heat damage. But yes, it can.
Ah I have some ideas to use the heat and energy aspect for various things but I wanted to be sure it has a way to harm people. Thinking about damage over time applications and stuff I couldn't do with regular old cj. I think I got everything else covered conceptually though and understand it okay. Got the cheat sheet for reference too.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Yoton: Jigoku ni henkō) - Yang Release: Change into Hell
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50, -10 per turn)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user is able to use his Yang nature to embue life into an elemental technique, creating a Yang/Element sentient entity that will stay on the field to aid him. The only limit is the size of the technique originally used as an elemental source as the resulting entity will always be half the size. This entity can be interacted with, can act on its own and is made of the element sourced, with all its properties intact. Its strength is based on the original elemental technique used as a source. This doesn't consume time since its actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and up to 6 times per event to create one entity with up to 300 chakra points that is able to use jutsu from the source it was created from.
Note: Yang Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields and CE and advanced elements.

Aside from normal analysis and questions that you'll give me, where do you think the Yin is in this technique? Like we discussed earlier about ratios, there is Yin and Yang present in all techniques regardless of how skewed the ratios become. So where do you think the Yin is for this technique? What do you think are this techniques limitations?

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
(Yoton: Jigoku ni henkō) - Yang Release: Change into Hell
Chakra cost: N/A (+50, -10 per turn)
Description: The user is able to use his Yang nature to embue life into an elemental technique, creating a Yang/Element sentient entity that will stay on the field to aid him. The only limit is the size of the technique originally used as an elemental source as the resulting entity will always be half the size. This entity can be interacted with, can act on its own and is made of the element sourced, with all its properties intact. Its strength is based on the original elemental technique used as a source. This doesn't consume time since its actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and up to 6 times per event to create one entity with up to 300 chakra points that is able to use jutsu from the source it was created from.
Note: Yang Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields and CE and advanced elements.

Aside from normal analysis and questions that you'll give me, where do you think the Yin is in this technique? Like we discussed earlier about ratios, there is Yin and Yang present in all techniques regardless of how skewed the ratios become. So where do you think the Yin is for this technique? What do you think are this techniques limitations?
Okay so it seems like this technique is used to essentially breathe life in to an inanimate jutsu giving it properties I would guess similar to a clone? But an elemental one I guess. It seems quite broad so my main questions would be, what are the limits on what can be given sentience if any? Could you for example make a tiny sentient being from a rasengan? Or a large one from a swamp? Can it only use itself as a source in either scenario so a swamp could only use mud jutsu not earth? I personally feel like the limits seem very undefined so I'm not entirely sure what they are honestly.

But in regards to the yin aspect I believe that would be the imparting of the mind anf form of the being. Giving it shape before breathing life in to it?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay so it seems like this technique is used to essentially breathe life in to an inanimate jutsu giving it properties I would guess similar to a clone? But an elemental one I guess. It seems quite broad so my main questions would be, what are the limits on what can be given sentience if any? Could you for example make a tiny sentient being from a rasengan? Or a large one from a swamp? Can it only use itself as a source in either scenario so a swamp could only use mud jutsu not earth? I personally feel like the limits seem very undefined so I'm not entirely sure what they are honestly.

But in regards to the yin aspect I believe that would be the imparting of the mind anf form of the being. Giving it shape before breathing life in to it?
Yeah, it's similar to a clone. But keep in mind these beings come with their own chakra pools and are static in their shape, being only able to use techniques of the element they are created/shaped from. So yes, you could make a Rasengan sentient. You could also make a swamp sentient. It is applied to the technique as a whole.

Here's a good rule of thumb for this: keep it pretty reasonable. You can make a swamp sentient, but it wouldn't be able to change its shape from a swamp. So it would be relatively stationary, able to use Earth Release techniques (we'll treat mud as an extension of Earth). Likewise, I wouldn't recommend making a pillar of Earth sentient. You can't change its shape, it would just stand there, and be pretty damn useless. So overall yeah, the limits are undefined in the actual technique but if becomes a lot clearer when you just think of it as just adding life to a technique and seeing what would happen.

Nah, you aren't giving it shape before life. That's just the normal part of the technique. Which is part of Yin-Yang, but that's the same with literally every technique. The Yin aspect of this is that, at least in my interpretation, you are conferring the ability to feel upon something inanimate. So basically that feeling is an extension of consciousness, which is part of the spirit. This is the Yin side of Change into Hell. You're giving it the ability to feel, or sentience.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
Yeah, it's similar to a clone. But keep in mind these beings come with their own chakra pools and are static in their shape, being only able to use techniques of the element they are created/shaped from. So yes, you could make a Rasengan sentient. You could also make a swamp sentient. It is applied to the technique as a whole.

Here's a good rule of thumb for this: keep it pretty reasonable. You can make a swamp sentient, but it wouldn't be able to change its shape from a swamp. So it would be relatively stationary, able to use Earth Release techniques (we'll treat mud as an extension of Earth). Likewise, I wouldn't recommend making a pillar of Earth sentient. You can't change its shape, it would just stand there, and be pretty damn useless. So overall yeah, the limits are undefined in the actual technique but if becomes a lot clearer when you just think of it as just adding life to a technique and seeing what would happen.

Nah, you aren't giving it shape before life. That's just the normal part of the technique. Which is part of Yin-Yang, but that's the same with literally every technique. The Yin aspect of this is that, at least in my interpretation, you are conferring the ability to feel upon something inanimate. So basically that feeling is an extension of consciousness, which is part of the spirit. This is the Yin side of Change into Hell. You're giving it the ability to feel, or sentience.
Interesting so how about techniques that can do certain things already, do they retain this ability when given sentience? Just for example something like the mizukage steam clone that can grow and expand before exploding and reforming. Essentially can a sentient being shapeshift itself if the tech it's made from is able to be shapeshifted?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Interesting so how about techniques that can do certain things already, do they retain this ability when given sentience? Just for example something like the mizukage steam clone that can grow and expand before exploding and reforming. Essentially can a sentient being shapeshift itself if the tech it's made from is able to be shapeshifted?
I'm not super familiar with the Mizukage Steam Clone. But if I'm understanding your question right, then yeah it'll be possible.

Next up!

(Yoton: Taiyōnomegumi) - Yang Release: Touch of the Sun
Chakra cost:70 per use
Description: Through the infusion of Yang natured chakra into others, users can heal others to their original best physical form. It can be used to regrow missing body parts, heal wounds, purge poisons, etc. The target needs to be alive and the bigger the injury, the longer it takes to heal. The limits of the heal, however, are almost none as it can heal 150 damage per turn and can even heal the chakra system or other injuries that are otherwise not possible to be healed. The technique requires time and physical contact and as such isn't very suited to use in a battle when compared to regular Iryo Ninjutsu.
Note: Yang Release masters are able to use on themselves.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
I'm not super familiar with the Mizukage Steam Clone. But if I'm understanding your question right, then yeah it'll be possible.

Next up!

(Yoton: Taiyōnomegumi) - Yang Release: Touch of the Sun
Chakra cost:70 per use
Description: Through the infusion of Yang natured chakra into others, users can heal others to their original best physical form. It can be used to regrow missing body parts, heal wounds, purge poisons, etc. The target needs to be alive and the bigger the injury, the longer it takes to heal. The limits of the heal, however, are almost none as it can heal 150 damage per turn and can even heal the chakra system or other injuries that are otherwise not possible to be healed. The technique requires time and physical contact and as such isn't very suited to use in a battle when compared to regular Iryo Ninjutsu.
Note: Yang Release masters are able to use on themselves.
Alright this should be the least confusing one since it's just a heal all. Though I have a few random questions. Can this be used on a sentient item. In conjuction with the last tech. I.e you make a sword sentient it gets broken since it's now alive you can repair it with this? Also it would work on animals too right? Like sentient life in general.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright this should be the least confusing one since it's just a heal all. Though I have a few random questions. Can this be used on a sentient item. In conjuction with the last tech. I.e you make a sword sentient it gets broken since it's now alive you can repair it with this? Also it would work on animals too right? Like sentient life in general.
No, it can't. It has to be flesh and blood. It could be used on Creation of All Things, for example. And things like that. But if you imbue a pebble or sword with sentience with Change into Hell, you can't heal them with this technique. That said, you could restore their chakra with a Medical Technique that restores chakra. Or something like that, for example.

Next up:

(Yoton: Ken'i) - Yang Release: Power of The Sun
Chakra cost: 100 (50 per turn)
Damage points: N/A (+40 to Taijutsu)
Description: The user will reinforce his own body with Yang natured chakra, empowering his physical abilities to the outermost limits. This allows him to become physically very strong (beyond the normal levels of chakra enhanced strength), increases his resistance to physical damage (decreasing 60 damage from any physical contact), his speed (boosted to 3.5x his normal speed), and grants him a passive healing of all minor wounds at 30 damage per turn. However, by infusing himself with the Yang Nature, he becomes unable to use Yin Release techniques or Yin/Yang Release techniques; he cannot use Genjutsu or non elemental Ninjutsu of any kind (including special fields like Fuuinjutsu).
Note: Can only be used twice per battle and lasts 4 turns per use.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
No, it can't. It has to be flesh and blood. It could be used on Creation of All Things, for example. And things like that. But if you imbue a pebble or sword with sentience with Change into Hell, you can't heal them with this technique. That said, you could restore their chakra with a Medical Technique that restores chakra. Or something like that, for example.

Next up:

(Yoton: Ken'i) - Yang Release: Power of The Sun
Chakra cost: 100 (50 per turn)
Damage points: N/A (+40 to Taijutsu)
Description: The user will reinforce his own body with Yang natured chakra, empowering his physical abilities to the outermost limits. This allows him to become physically very strong (beyond the normal levels of chakra enhanced strength), increases his resistance to physical damage (decreasing 60 damage from any physical contact), his speed (boosted to 3.5x his normal speed), and grants him a passive healing of all minor wounds at 30 damage per turn. However, by infusing himself with the Yang Nature, he becomes unable to use Yin Release techniques or Yin/Yang Release techniques; he cannot use Genjutsu or non elemental Ninjutsu of any kind (including special fields like Fuuinjutsu).
Note: Can only be used twice per battle and lasts 4 turns per use.
Alright this seems pretty simple too it's just a boost mode. Though I have a few questions. The 60 dmg resistance to physical damage. Does this cover everything that is physical? I.e everything not yin/gen like fire wind etc etc, or is it specifically physical as in blunt force or kinetic force. I.e earth slabs and taijutsu etc. Secondly the restriction, would it apply to basic ninjutsu like the rasengan? Or taijutsu and kenjutsu powered with raw chakra? Also would it disable things already active. I.e A body seal that remaine active over time.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright this seems pretty simple too it's just a boost mode. Though I have a few questions. The 60 dmg resistance to physical damage. Does this cover everything that is physical? I.e everything not yin/gen like fire wind etc etc, or is it specifically physical as in blunt force or kinetic force. I.e earth slabs and taijutsu etc. Secondly the restriction, would it apply to basic ninjutsu like the rasengan? Or taijutsu and kenjutsu powered with raw chakra? Also would it disable things already active. I.e A body seal that remaine active over time.
Physical as in rocks, kunai, getting shot by the Last Word, etc.

Yeha, it applies to Rasengan. That falls into the category of Non-elemental ninjutsu unless you're Naruto and have all those elemental ones. Although I think there's an elemental one too.

And yes, body seals that remain active would be deactivated when this technique is used. You can't really sustain them anymore.

( Yoton: Byako ) - Yang Release: White Tiger
Chakra cost: 70 (-40 per turn)
Description: The user gathers Yang energy into his arms and hands, creating pseudo sentient white tiger heads. Due to the Yang energy, the arms become incredibly hot, causing steam emanate from them. The tiger heads roar when the user attacks and releases the dense steam as a result. In spite of the menacing appearance of the tigers, the strikes do not cause bone crushing or outwardly physical harm. Each strike onto the target causes a massive release of yang chakra into the body, which causes an imbalance of Yang energy. The imbalance results in the target's inability to mold chakra sufficiently for techniques. A single strike from this technique is all that is required to imbalance one's chakra. Targets afflicted by this imbalance become incapable of using techniques unless they spend 3x the amount chakra ordinarily required. However, excessive amounts of chakra from this technique (one turn of contact or a total of 4 completed strikes) results in a more degrading consequence. The incoming chakra becomes so great that it literally begins to burn away the victim's Yin Release chakra in order to make room until the ratio of Yin is at its minimum level required for the victim to remain alive. This reduces the victim's chakra pool by 50% as well as cause their body such tremendous physical pain due to the excess physical energy in their body. Their muscles begin to tear resulting in their movement speed being reduced by 1/4th. Other Yang Release users and Yin-Yang users are capable of controlling the excess amounts of Yang release energy due to their training and thus, will not lose any speed and will only lose 25% of their chakra. Senjutsu surges of equivalent chakra or infusions of those ranks will negate the side effects of this Jutsu, allowing it to be ended prematurely. Should two or more strikes land, the amount of chakra needed to break it will increase likewise, requiring 20 more chakr.
Note: One strike prevents the use of techniques S-rank and above and requires 3x the normal cost for techniques A-rank and below. Yin-Yang Release users can use S-rank at 3x the cost due to their elevated control. The use of Yin Release and genjutsu above A-rank becomes impossible after 2 strikes. All matter of genjutsu becomes unusable after 4 strikes.
Note: The technique ends when the user calls for it or after they've made 4 successive strikes, whichever comes first. While the jutsu is active, the user cannot use Yin Release or non-elemental ninjutsu.
Note: Usable twice per battle and with a 4 turn cool down.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
Physical as in rocks, kunai, getting shot by the Last Word, etc.

Yeha, it applies to Rasengan. That falls into the category of Non-elemental ninjutsu unless you're Naruto and have all those elemental ones. Although I think there's an elemental one too.

And yes, body seals that remain active would be deactivated when this technique is used. You can't really sustain them anymore.

( Yoton: Byako ) - Yang Release: White Tiger
Chakra cost: 70 (-40 per turn)
Description: The user gathers Yang energy into his arms and hands, creating pseudo sentient white tiger heads. Due to the Yang energy, the arms become incredibly hot, causing steam emanate from them. The tiger heads roar when the user attacks and releases the dense steam as a result. In spite of the menacing appearance of the tigers, the strikes do not cause bone crushing or outwardly physical harm. Each strike onto the target causes a massive release of yang chakra into the body, which causes an imbalance of Yang energy. The imbalance results in the target's inability to mold chakra sufficiently for techniques. A single strike from this technique is all that is required to imbalance one's chakra. Targets afflicted by this imbalance become incapable of using techniques unless they spend 3x the amount chakra ordinarily required. However, excessive amounts of chakra from this technique (one turn of contact or a total of 4 completed strikes) results in a more degrading consequence. The incoming chakra becomes so great that it literally begins to burn away the victim's Yin Release chakra in order to make room until the ratio of Yin is at its minimum level required for the victim to remain alive. This reduces the victim's chakra pool by 50% as well as cause their body such tremendous physical pain due to the excess physical energy in their body. Their muscles begin to tear resulting in their movement speed being reduced by 1/4th. Other Yang Release users and Yin-Yang users are capable of controlling the excess amounts of Yang release energy due to their training and thus, will not lose any speed and will only lose 25% of their chakra. Senjutsu surges of equivalent chakra or infusions of those ranks will negate the side effects of this Jutsu, allowing it to be ended prematurely. Should two or more strikes land, the amount of chakra needed to break it will increase likewise, requiring 20 more chakr.
Note: One strike prevents the use of techniques S-rank and above and requires 3x the normal cost for techniques A-rank and below. Yin-Yang Release users can use S-rank at 3x the cost due to their elevated control. The use of Yin Release and genjutsu above A-rank becomes impossible after 2 strikes. All matter of genjutsu becomes unusable after 4 strikes.
Note: The technique ends when the user calls for it or after they've made 4 successive strikes, whichever comes first. While the jutsu is active, the user cannot use Yin Release or non-elemental ninjutsu.
Note: Usable twice per battle and with a 4 turn cool down.
I don't actually have any questions I can think of with this one. It's long winded a little, but covers most everything. It's not that great to use imo but the concepts it presents may be great to apply to customs. I have some fuuin with similar effects though lower.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Next up then:

( Yoton: Jigoku no Enjin ) - Yang Release: Ring of Hell
Chakra: 80 for touch based version/100 for ranged version
Damage: N/A
Description: By channeling copious amounts of Yang energy, the user is able to infuse others with this, temporarily enhancing their physical attributes. This is achieved in two ways, either by direct touch or proximity. The first is more limited to a single person but has greater benefits; those channeled directly into will be able to reduce 35 damage from physical contact and gain physical alterations to their body that the Yang energy 'breathes' into life, such as twice the height or width of their body, additional arms or legs, etc as long as within reason and used solely for physical purposes. Should the user use the alternative release, then he is able to release Yang energy from his body up to Long range away, affecting all allies in the range. This variant allows the user to augment all allies with the same type of changes, ranging from all gaining wings to more. These changes only last a limited time, however; after 3 turns pass, the grown appendages or changes fall and revert back to normal. Depending on the alteration, one of a few benefits might be obtained.
Note: If additional arms, stronger arms or alterations related to the arm are made, then the target will gain an additional +20 to Taijutsu. If the changes target the head, the user is able to grant a 2x tracking. If leg based alterations are made, then the target will gain either +4 levels to his base speed or +20 damage to leg based tai. If changes target the torso, then an universal durability boost of B rank Ninjutsu immunity is obtained and if wings or similar is created, then the user is able to fly at thrice their speed.
Note: The damage and speed boosts are considered Passive and Base Speed increases. The values listed in the techniques are if the touch based variant is used. If the ranged variant is used, then these benefits are reduced by gained on a lesser scale ( +15 to Tai instead of +20, +2 Speed Levels, 1.5x Tracking, or -15 from all physical clashes).
Note: Touch based variant can only affect up to two people per event. Ranged variant creates a wave of Yang energy that affects up to 3 allies and lasts up to 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used three times in total.

Along with your thoughts and questions, where do you believe the Yin is in this technique?