Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Raw was really bad this week. The only good match was Punk & Santino vs Bryan & Rhodes but the problem with that is it was the 1st match of the show so there was no Promos from either Punk or Bryan & really no good build up.

It's like the WWE don't care the Punk is champ. Why? Because they don't care. Even without the belt Cena is there World Champion & that's the reason why the WWE has been so bad for so long.

& after that the rest of the show was awful. The Big Show crying in the ring for like 20 min's who cares I hope Show is done but he'll be back when Laurinaitis get's fired & Teddy get's his job back.

& John Cena can't cut Promos to save his life. I can't believe the Main Event at the next PPV isn't Punk vs Bryan but freaking John Cena vs John Laurinaitis. News Flash WWE John Laurinaitis isn't Vince back in the Vince Vs Stone Cold era & John Cena is definitely not Stone Cold.

OK rant finished.
Sure, WWE Creative isn't taking the best out of CM Punk. His reign could have been more epic, had they dealt with it better. But then again, I completely agree with their decision not to build-up Bryan and Punk heavily.

They did few things: This match, the After Beat The Clock face-off & AJ angle. But it's good like that. Like I said earlier on, this match would be ruined if they over-hyped it or put is a main-event. It needs to keep its position of show-stealing match and that's what both these guys do best. It's the lull before the storm and I like it that way. And to prove my point, that WWE is purposely low-hyping this match - then check out this !

How many times do you see WWE acknowledge ROH matches? They know what they are doing. Sure, it don't give us the opportunity to get salivating promos from Punk/Bryan. But if this match delivers in silent, then it could become a long and brilliant feud. So, everything will be delivered as time passes by.

But RAW was indeed bleh. Heyman-HHH's opening angle was okay since HHH's mic skills are very good and it's refreshing to see Heyman's mic skills again. Few have his kind of flair on mic. In fact, he might be unique in his promo styles. The Big Show's angle was awkward but this was done purposely. Big Show isn't fired like forever. In fact, he and perhaps Teddy Long are going to used as lambs to be sacrificed at Over the Limit in JL v.s Cena match.

Personally, I would have preferred if they let Big Johnny use all his authority to become an vicious heel figure. However, I guess it would have been too predictable. That's why they added that stipulation.

I don't see Johnny L losing on Sunday though. If WWE found him stale and wanted to remove him by putting a firing angle, he wouldn't have been in every frame. Instead, I think they want to push him even more. And what better way than screwing the Biggest Face in a 1-on-1 match? Many remember Austin v/s Vince when they see that match but it isn't on that level. However, do you remember the heat that Vickie got when she screwed a legend like Undertaker multiple times? That's a bit what WWE wants to achieve on Sunday IMO.

Back on RAW, Cena's promo was a bit corny indeed; far from the level when he was challenging The Rock. Though I liked his silly defiance and the reference that 'He's surprised that John Laurinnaitis is Big Johnny's real name' xd In case you didn't get his joke, he was referencing about how WWE forces many WWE wrestlers to change their names into Ring Names. There are 2 others thing that I liked in that otherwise-stale promo. One was JL's line about Cena stealing his line about his promo. That was bitchy and funny. It's very rare to hear the word 'Promo' on WWE TV. Another thing I like, was the clashing chants of 'What' (for JL) and 'Yes Yes Yes' (for Cena). It's something that we're going to see very often now. The 'What' is perfect for heels while 'Yes Yes Yes' is great for faces and gifted wrestlers.

I'll post all my predictions on ALL the OTL matches (including Johnny L v/s Cena) along with how I think they'll turn out on Friday on this thread hopefully.

Last edited:

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I missed Raw this week actually. Feel asleep. xd

I really think Rhodes may unify the US and IC belts. He needs something to do and that might be it. Also, what is with everyone leaving Rhodes behind in a tag match?

I really hope Swagger, Miz, and Dolph, especially Dolph, start to pick up some wins. Getting squashed by Clay all time time isn't good. Understandable and I'm sure all will eventually get something out of it (US title, Tag team, or just back in the mainevent or something).

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is currently a lot of scrambling behind the scenes regarding Brock Lesnar’s storyline with Triple H and how the angle will play out.

After original plans called for a Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H grudge match at SummerSlam in August, WWE officials are now talking about holding the match at July’s Money In The Bank pay-per-view or even as early as No Way Out next month.

The main issue that’s causing all the problems is the fact that Brock Lesnar’s WWE contract only requires him to make a limited number of appearances. WWE has already burned through 5 of them (4 RAWs and his match at Extreme Rules) and has a certain number set aside for the build to WrestleMania 29 next year.

It’s believed that WWE only has around 24 dates to use Lesnar this year, so they have been changing their plans a lot trying to figure out how to best use him.

Shina

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
omg I just joined another one but I guess this is the real one. -__-

joinage please. my faves are Cena, Punk, Dbry and Cody Rhodes.

Rhodes is sexy :p

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Punk/Bryan match was great, match of the night for sure. The Fatal 4 match was good as well. & that Kofi spot when he was tagged in & jumped off the top rope was amazing. The John vs John match sucked as excepted & the end I saw coming a mile away.

Overall a better PPV than I excepted but the bad thing is I don't care about John Cena & John Laurinatis or the Big Show & that seems to be the direction they are headed in.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like 7 crappy Raw's in a row I am finding it harder & harder to continue watching this horrible excuse of a wrestling show I mean TNA has been 100 times better than the WWE for like the past 2 months & that is very sad. It is a very tough time to be a wrestling fan.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't catch all of Raw, school semester work. Sounded horrible to decent to awesome. I didn't watch the beginning mostly.

I'm glad Dolph may break out and be a singles guy. Hopefully Miz fueds with Orton. Give them both some TV time. Miz vs Christian was good.

Big Show/Cena/Clay stuff, boring.

D-Bry/Punk/Aj, awesome. I'm loving this.

Last edited:

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn't catch all of Raw, school semester work. Sounded horrible to decent to awesome. I didn't watch the beginning mostly.

I'm glad Dolph may break out and be a singles guy. Hopefully Miz fueds with Orton. Give them both some TV time. Miz vs Christian was good.

Big Show/Cena/Clay stuff, boring.

D-Bry/Punk/Aj, awesome. I'm loving this.
I agree the only thing worth watching right now is the Punk/Bryan stuff the rest is garbage.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
WWE so how do we make Daniel Bryan the WWE champ without CM Punk being beaten? I know will add jober Kane into the mix & make it a triple threat match & have Kane loose to Bryan so it will make Bryan champ but at the same time not letting Punk loose.

No WWE what would have given this feud more heat is for Bryan & Punk to have another great match at No Way Out & let Bryan go over on Punk a legit wrestler so he looks creditable as a World Champion.

WWE has completely forgotten how to make awesome feuds.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Raw was awesome tonight, except the end. I'm loving Punk/Kane/D-Bry/AJ. I was meh when Kane first got into it, but he's proving he's still awesome. Punk vs Kane was epic.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
WWE really needs to let Dolph Ziggler break though because he's great in the ring he is over with the fans they need part him & Vikki because Dolph doesn't need her to speak for him he's good on the mic. I mean he brought the best out of Sheamus & made him look great. WWE needs to push Dolph because he's your next great heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.