Would it be weird to portray "Death" in the mcu?

Karna

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like a goddess that barely appears, cause at Avenger 1's end a minion tells thanos that challenging earth is like courting death and thanos smiles, hinting that they are keeping it the same way as in comics. No, but I don't think death in her full glory would be shown with arms and legs, that would be too OP.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Look at this point, Marvel has proven that they can translate just about anything onto the screen and make it work.

Do I think that they will put Death into the MCU as a character? As of right now I cannot see that happening. My reasoning is that for Death to become a believable character in the MCU, she would need a decent amount of screen time to flesh out her character, and more importantly her relationship with Thanos. That's the big part, Thanos.

As of right now, accumulated over every single MCU film, Thanos has only roughly 5 minutes of screen time. His presence is obvious, and he is obviously the mastermind behind just about everything since the Avengers. But he has had laughable screen presence.

In order to make Death work as a character, as mentioned, we would need to start seeing Thanos a LOT more building up to Infinity War and then slowly start to transition into seeing Death introduced on the screen. The problem with that, is that we would be forced to spend a LOT more time in space following Thano's shenanigans. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to see an entire movie dedicated to Thanos, but that aint gonna fly with the Marvel films, and looking at the current slate of films the only times we are going into space are Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor 3, and Infinity War.

Guardians of the Galaxy MIGHT show us more Thanos, but I wouldn't count on a significant amount of screen time. Thor 3 will likely have enough going on that there won't be any time to have significant amount of Thanos action, but I have a separate theory on where Thor 3 is headed. Which leaves us at Infinity War, and in case you didn't know, Infinity War is split into two movies. What does this tell us? Chances are the first film will be largely build up, with a lot of drama and tension, and the second film being the pay off. Now, while this does entitle time to introduce us to Death as a character, it doesnt nearly give us enough time to flesh out her backstory and connection to Thanos in a realistic manner.

So again, no. As it currently stands, I do not see Death being introduced as a character in the MCU. Now, she might be mentioned in passing through dialogue, but the more likely scenario is that she will remain an easter egg for comic fans like she was when we first met Thanos at the end of the Avengers.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only one way they could do it. And that's if they introduce death in the deadpool movie.

For those that don't know Deadpool gained immortality from Thanos. Deadpool started falling in love with death but Thanks showed up and cursed him with immortality, so that he could never be with death.

If they follow that, which I think they will. Then she can be portrayed in the movie because people will already know the story.
That wouldn't help with the MCU. Fox owns the rights to Deadpool, and the X-Men. As such, the upcoming Deadpool movie is being made by Fox.

What we are discussing here is Death's involvement in the films distributed by Marvel Studios.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One way they could do it. And that's if they introduce death in the Deadpool movie.

Deadpool gained immortality from Thanos. Deadpool started falling in love with death but Thanos showed up and cursed him with immortality, so that he could never be with death.

If they add that, which I think they will. Then she can be portrayed easily in the movie because she was already introduced and people will recognize it. Then they can just explainin how Thanos met death trying to take over the universe.

That wouldn't help with the MCU. Fox owns the rights to Deadpool, and the X-Men. As such, the upcoming Deadpool movie is being made by Fox.

What we are discussing here is Death's involvement in the films distributed by Marvel Studios.
Oh I didn't realize Fox was doing it. Automatically assumed it was marvel.

Last edited: