DeadManWonderLand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I nearly laughed after i read this post.

Those "studies" were laughed at and still today are laughed at and are INCREDIBLY flat out wrong.
You are a strange individual.

I would be generally surprised if you have friends and or a life that does not revolve around sitting at a computer reading into pseudo studies that soothe you're narrow train of thought.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Kim Davis was put in jail for not providing a marriage license to a gay couple. When did standing up for your beliefs lead to jail time? The world man, it's just getting worse
You either made this thread without actually understanding the situation or you're trying to cause arguments. She wasn't jailed because she dislikes or is against homosexuals, she was jailed because she disobeyed the law which is the exact and only reason someone should be arrested. Your own defense " Is it not in the constitution of seperation of church and state?" is the exact reason she should have been arrested for refusing her position and then she should be removed from her position. I'm all for letting her believe what she wants but she works for the United States Government which tells her to suspend her religious views while at work for the rules and regulations set forth by the government. Separation of church and state means exactly that she is not allowed to let her personal religious views conflict with law.

ComplexCity

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All his post we're biased Christian study's from decades ago. They are blatantly inaccurate.
How are they inaccurate when someone on here said sexually based attraction (beside heterosexuality) are only considered a mental disorder when they have an effect on your everyday life? Supposedly, pedophiliac disorder isn't considered so unless it messes with your everyday life

Last edited:

Sol Ku

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
>Kim Davis was put in jail for not providing a marriage license to a gay couple.
>in jail for not providing a marriage license to a gay couple.
>a marriage license to a gay couple.
>providing a marriage license
>marriage license

She denied a marriage license, doesn't matter what her beliefs are.
BUT MUH FREEDOMS

BlazeRelease

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How are they inaccurate when someone on here said sexually based attraction (beside heterosexuality) are only considered a mental disorder when they have an effect on your everyday life? Supposedly, pedophiliac disorder isn't considered so unless it messes with your everyday life
what? i think you misunderstood them. the sexual attraction to children isn't a mental disorder, but they have a name for a mental disorder where "one struggles with their attraction to children, and want to fix it"

the wording is very similar, but they are not the same. homosexuality is under no circumstances considered a disorder in of itself, just like any other type of attraction.

also, his posts were inaccurate. they were researches conducted by christians in the 80s. they are not only outdated, they are extremely biased, anti-homosexual propaganda, and from what i read, blatantly incorrect. not to mention some were just peoples personal narratives, which in no way constitutes as a study of an entire group of people, even if it was correct. (which it wasn't)

>Kim Davis was put in jail for not providing a marriage license to a gay couple.
>in jail for not providing a marriage license to a gay couple.
>a marriage license to a gay couple.
>providing a marriage license
>marriage license

She denied a marriage license, doesn't matter what her beliefs are.
BUT MUH FREEDOMS

i love when random people on the internet think they can understand the constitution and law better than THE SUPREME COURT.

**** kim davis, and **** anyone who forces their beliefs into the government.

Last edited by a moderator:

ComplexCity

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what? i think you misunderstood them. the sexual attraction to children isn't a mental disorder, but they have a name for a mental disorder where "one struggles with their attraction to children, and want to fix it"
Wasn't homosexuality once considered a mental disease? Wasn't homosexuality once considered a taboo? Don't some homosexuals still struggle with it and doesn't affect some in their daily lives?

the wording is very similar, but they are not the same. homosexuality is under no circumstances considered a disorder in of itself, just like any other type of attraction
Tell that to the guy who comes out as being a pedophile and then suffers from disrespect and slander from those in society

also, his posts were inaccurate. they were researches conducted by christians in the 80s. they are not only outdated, they are extremely biased, anti-homosexual propaganda, and from what i read, blatantly incorrect. not to mention some were just peoples personal narratives, which in no way constitutes as a study of an entire group of people, even if it was correct. (which it wasn't)
Ok so where are your links and sources then?

It is natural. But it's not right. Morals aren't natural things, they're created through human empathy and higher intelligence. Instincts are as natural as you can get, some animals instincts tell them not to eat their young, some's don't. It's not right in our eyes, but it's also not unnatural.
Created by humans, something subjective to each person or a society of people, yet we tell the middle east that their morality is wrong

I'm not denying anything...I literally stated multiple times what is natural and unnatural is redundant in terms of logical reasoning...why are you so slow?

You're confused lol, I don't care whether or not being gay is natural or not, but you used it as some sort of reasoning to justify your thought that being gay is somehow wrong. So I'm addressing that as it's illogical af.
I will admit, you threw me for a loop a couple of days ago. I admire your persistence. However, just because the majority agree with you doesn't make you correct. Now let me go back and readdress a couple of points you made

Lmao...planes didn't exist during the period of time the stories within the Bible were written, obviously it wouldn't mention it.

You don't see humans evolving to grow wings, making flight unnatural for us to partake in, airplanes do not exist outside of human influence, are not used outside of the human race etc, making it unnatural, yet it is still not unethical. My point is that something being natural or unnatural is not a basic for judging human ethics or morality, period. This is simple.

Whether or not homosexuality is natural or not is irrelevant to the discussion.
Assuming that there is just one based definition for being natural. When I said natural, I was referring to human nature it is irrelevant to the discussion. Just about everything that exist in our society today is considered unnatural by your definition but like I stated above, there is more than one definition.

Definition of NATURAL

b : having or constituting a classification based on features existing in nature

Log cabins, some of the food we eat, etc are all things that fit both definitions. I'll admit that I do not know that if airplanes are made out of anything artificial. However, your flying example is moot considering the fact other animals do so. You stated that flying is unnatural yet other animals do it. The plane itself might be unnatural, however, the act of flying is not according the logic used to defend homosexuality. Your argument is also based on morality, which I said before is subjective from person to person and since it does not cause harm to humans then it should be ok. So I guess we should

- Stop driving gas cars
- Stop flying planes
- Stop Smoking
- Stop making paper

The list can go on.

Because the sexual attraction can lead to that.

Meanwhile homosexual sexual attraction leads to what negative affects again?

And what does whether or not a pedophiliac attraction is right or wrong have to do with whether or not a homosexual attraction is right or wrong?

You're logic is in shambles.
And how exactly is my logic in shambles? Don't homosexual couples have to face the impact of negative feelings due to the guilt they feel in their life (depression, suicide, etc)? See this is why I take "studies" very lightly. Pedophilia and homosexuality were both considered a mental disease (fact), but now since the majority feel like there is nothing wrong with homosexuality (since it causes no harm) then it should be allowed when pedophilia is frowned upon? What happens when a man is a pedophilliac but doesn't let the negative aspects of it affect his daily life? You think that if a 40 year old man comes out about him being one he will get smiles and praise? This is where the hypocrisy of liberals and people who support it come in at. Unless we can prove that being gay is 100% factual genetic, then we can talk.

You also seem to be missing the point. The comparison made has nothing to do with homosexuality being wrong or right, it to show the hypocrisy of those who support it

i love when random people on the internet think they can understand the constitution and law better than THE SUPREME COURT.

**** kim davis, and **** anyone who forces their beliefs into the government.
I've heard two different sides, I've heard congress is higher than the SC and vice versa. I don't quite understand so can you elucidate? Also can provide sources as well? I was on FB and someone that lived in Kentucky stated something different than what you are stating

BlazeRelease

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've heard two different sides, I've heard congress is higher than the SC and vice versa. I don't quite understand so can you elucidate? Also can provide sources as well? I was on FB and someone that lived in Kentucky stated something different than what you are stating
I would have been providing sources for everything Ive said in this thread but since I'm on a phone can't. Also, I live in ky, so I know exactly what's going on. The most recent update is she got on stage with mike huckabee with "eye of the tiger" in the background, celebrating her release.

Also, right now 5 of her coworkers are defying her orders and are handing out marriage licenses against her orders. Don't know if that's legal, but at this point who's following the law?

And to answer your question, Supreme Court and congress hold approximately equal power but their functions are different. The SC make final decisions when determining the meanings in the constitution, you could call then the pope of the constitution. They're interpretations are final. This, them saying the ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional means it's illegal to ban it, meaning its legal and homosexuals are granted the same rights.

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I live in kentucky, and i can tell you that she was very out of line with her actions. She would not issue marriage liscenses to ANY couple, heterosexual, or homosexual. She completely disobeyed the federal court judge's orders to either issue them, or let another clerk do it, instead she threatened to fire anyone who issued any liscenses at all. When she took that job, she took it under the oath of law, and to obey it, if she feels it goes against her religion, step aside and let someone else issue them; dont threaten to fire someone. Separation of church and state. Not to mention her whole arguement was that she is defending gods law, yet she has been divorced three times, had two sons out of wedlock, and continues to judge and plead for money, all things that go against gods law. You cannot just pick and choose what parts you want to listen to, and people who go saying things like the op, just dont understand what has actually happened; not that my words will change anyones opinions on what they think is right.

ComplexCity

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would have been providing sources for everything Ive said in this thread but since I'm on a phone can't. Also, I live in ky, so I know exactly what's going on. The most recent update is she got on stage with mike huckabee with "eye of the tiger" in the background, celebrating her release.

Also, right now 5 of her coworkers are defying her orders and are handing out marriage licenses against her orders. Don't know if that's legal, but at this point who's following the law?

And to answer your question, Supreme Court and congress hold approximately equal power but their functions are different. The SC make final decisions when determining the meanings in the constitution, you could call then the pope of the constitution. They're interpretations are final. This, them saying the ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional means it's illegal to ban it, meaning its legal and monies curls are granted the same rights.
You didn't answer my last question

I read that the Supreme Court just is the highest court of the nation. I read nothing of it being able to pass Constitutional laws as that is up to Congress. When did congress pass that all states must abide by the Supreme Court?

BlazeRelease

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I read that the Supreme Court just is the highest court of the nation. I read nothing of it being able to pass Constitutional laws as that is up to Congress. When did congress pass that all states must abide by the Supreme Court?
The Supreme Court has always been the final say in the interpretation of the constitution. Congress writes and decides on laws, but you have to understand no law was passed.

The ban on gay marriage was determined unconstitutional. No laws were erased or created. What changed was the legal interpretation of marriage at a federal level. It changed to include gays, or rather it wasn't changed at all, just determined that it includes the rights of gays.

The simplest way to put it is that the constitution was reevaluated and determined by the Supreme Court that gays have a constitutional right to marry on a government level.

konte811

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Kim Davis was put in jail for not providing a marriage license to a gay couple. When did standing up for your beliefs lead to jail time? The world man, it's just getting worse
Standing up for your beliefs is fine. This woman was the county clerk, so she has to sign off on marriage certificates. By refusing to sign the marriage certificates for gay couples, she is breaking the law because gay couples are legally allowed to marry anywhere in the US. She refused to do her job and broke the law in the process, so she went to jail.

The law saying that the supreme court has the final say on the interpretation of the constitution is ... in the constitution.

Imperious

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She shouldn't have to do anything. America's law system is a joke anyway. This reminds me of another thread were gays were refused a wedding cake and sued for emotional distress and now swimming in cash
Listen, there's a problem in the United States. Gay people want to get married, however christians and other straight U.S citizens against LGBT wont allow them to be married. We solved the problem by simply legalizing gay marriage. But legalizing gay marriage did not go without struggle, there was much hard work, debating ext. SO why in the holy **** do you think it's okay for this lady to shit on all the hard work the LGBT community put in to achieve their goals. Just when they finally think they're free to love and be together she slaps them with basically a "no, I won't allow you to love anyone of the same ***" attack. I don't think she should be jailed, but she should be forced to ressign. Don't say, "she shouldn't have to do anything", and **** how unconstitutional it is. You seem to be so blinded by constitution that you lose sight of moral. They should be free to love, not denied their rights.

Last edited:

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I love how such insignificant topics like this get the most attention.
We came in to bash religion, you know it child.:bdpf:
I find it odd that I read plenty of religious in this thread
saying she was in the wrong, yet a few other posts come in
attacking/insulting the religion rather than the person. :d

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We came in to bash religion, you know it child.:bdpf:
I find it odd that I read plenty of religious in this thread
saying she was in the wrong, yet a few other posts come in
attacking/insulting the religion rather than the person. :d
Nah, a thread about religion won't get as much attention as a thread about gay people.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images