Legendary
Kin
207💸
Kumi
8,739💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Standing in a field of small grass facing off with each other, I draw my sword and extend it towards you as if giving you the signal to accept my gentlemen's duel.

This is more than training, this is a lifestyle, now draw your sword and tell me what you know about kenjutsu and its various styles used in the Naruto manga. Give me some users as well.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kiba standing infront of his Sensei, listening carefully to his words.

He gave his Sensei a nod and drew his sword and started answering his sensei's questions.

"Kenjutsu or sword techniques, describes the use of swords whether the Wielder is Shinobi or a samurai.
Kenjutsu can be combined with Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, or Elemental chakra, for example, a sword can be fused with Lightning or wind chakra to increase its slicing capabilities."
Kiba took a moment to catch his breath.
"Some of the famous sword users are Uchiha Sasuke, and Mifune who is a warrior of the Samurai and leader of the land of iron."

ZandaT

Legendary
Kin
207💸
Kumi
8,739💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice work! Regarded as a brand of bukijutsu, kenjutsu is an art that utilizes swords in battle. It can be combined with taijutsu, genjutsu, fuuinjutsu, ninjutsu, and primarily what the samurai's use, chakra flow, making it a very versatile field. My training consists of performing the technique and/or filling out the template provided below. I will summarize the techniques while giving out pointers, feel free to ask any questions at any time. For this first round I want you to try the technique out and fill out the template below for the first jutsu. I finish by waving a single hand seal creating a clone that appears a short range distance before you. The clone upon being summoned charges towards you where it will then leap into the air and perform a powerful downwards lateral kick to the top of your skull when in range.

(Ken Rendan no Jutsu) - Sword Barrage Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 25
Description: With this technique, the user will make a sequence of slashes with their sword and finishes with a powerful final slash dealing liberal damage to their enemy.
A simple short range technique where the user performs a few consecutive slashes before delivering a final powerful one to finish it off.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Ken Rendan no Jutsu) - Sword Barrage Technique

Counter: The opponent can counter this technique by keeping distance from the user, or performing elemental jutsus to force the user to go from an offensive to a defensive position.

Adv.~ A very quick an simple jutsu, it can easily kill the opponent or seriously injure anyone if used correctly.

Dis.~ It's only C-Rank, with a short range. Can be easily countered by elemental jutsus.

Kiba listened to his Sensei's instructions, and quickly prepared himself. A clone appeared at short range from him, and started charging towards him, when suddenly the clone jumped in the air. The clone was performing a downwards kick, or at least that's what it looked like from the way it positioned its leg. As the clone was descending, Kiba slashed the bottom of the clone's leg from the left to the right, changing the position of the clone's leg and causing the clone to change its intended landing position, the slash forced the clone to land to the right of Kiba, he then performed several slashes aimed at the clone's chest and limbs, and ending with a powerful slash from the clone's right shoulder to its left hip, causing the clone to disappear.

Kiba then took a moment to catch his breath, and looked at his Sensei and waited for his instructions.

Last edited:

ZandaT

Legendary
Kin
207💸
Kumi
8,739💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good job! You did very well, now let's continue. Imma send my clones at you again, you know what to do. I then wave a hand seal creating two clones before me that dash towards you upon appearing. The clones interchange positions from first to second, left to right, in order to confuse you as they get in range. Changing positions one last time, the clone in the back of the dou leaps over his counter part in order to deliver a heel drop to the top of your head while the leading clone drops low while your distracted, pivoting his waist with his leg extended performing a right to left leg sweep. Both blows land in unison.

(Ikari Nomikomu no Jutsu) - Fury Swallow Technique
Chakra cost: 10
Description: The user punches the opponent a few times and finishes them with two final slashes with their blade or sword.
Simple yet effective if you think about it. You toss around your opponent with a few punches at first and then end the onslaught with two sword strikes. This can be a great tai counter.

( Enjin Ranbu ) - Circular Wild Dance
Type: Attack
Chakra cost: N/A
Description: The user spins with his tantō, hitting the target several times.
Spin like a top with your short sword slashing the target several times. This can be quite risky for an inexperienced shinobi because of that spinning motion distorting ones vision somewhat.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As soon as the clones appeared, Kiba quickly started running towards them, the clones also started dashing towards Kiba in a way to confuse him.
As soon as Kiba got in range to the one infront, he quickly punched it twice, one punch to the stomach and the other one to the chest, before slashing the clone two times with his swords and finishing it off.
As Kiba finished off the first clone, the second one leaped from behind and positioned its leg in a way that seemed like the clone was trying to perform a heel drop on Kiba, as the clone was dropping down, Kiba quickly started spinning his sword while pointing it a little bit upwards, slashing the clone's leg as it was coming down and sending the clone away from him before it disappeared.

ZandaT

Legendary
Kin
207💸
Kumi
8,739💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice job! Let's continue, but this time use the template on the techniques.

( Rakkasui ) - Falling Water
Chakra cost: N/A
Description: The user will drop down upon the opponent from mid air pointing their sword downwards and drilling it down into the opponent.
A very deadly aerial strike from above. The user will use their sword to jab their sword into the top of the target's skull whenever coming down from a position above them.

(Bakuchi Tori Kuzu Oujou) – Gambling Bird Arrowroot Death
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user bolts in front of the enemy who they then strike with their sword handle before delivering several kicks that sends the enemy into the air. The user then bolts across to the far off location of the enemy who they then punch violently into an obstacle.
The user starts out with a hilt whip to the enemy before the follow up of kicks in order to send them off backwards into the air. The user then follows the enemy to finish them off with a powerful punch into an obstacle dealing even more damage on top of what you caused. Especially if the object itself is deadly.

Here is the template btw
PHP:
(Name)
[B]Counter:[/B]
[B]Adv.~[/B]
[B]Dis.~[/B]

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*looks at banners* does this mean cloud Ken? :D

( Rakkasui ) - Falling Water
Counter: This technique can be countered by forcing the user to stay on the ground, via paralyzing or causing them to lose balance. It can also be countered by simply keeping distance from the user.
Adv.~ If the sword hits it's mark, can lead to instant death.
Dis.~ Requires the user to be airborne near the opponent to be able to perform this technique.

Counter: This technique can be countered by keeping distance from the user. And also by forcing the user into a defensive stance instead of offensive.
Adv.~ Can be deadly if the user punches an opponent towards an Earth spike for example.
Dis.~ Requires all of its stages to hit their mark to be effective. Can be interrupted by defensive Elemental jutsus.

Last edited:

ZandaT

Legendary
Kin
207💸
Kumi
8,739💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wanted to receive confirmation just in case but i'm not getting a response as of yet so just hold on for now. >_>"
Good job, now perform this next set on my clones.

Waves one hand seal creating two clones.

Be nice and descriptive with it. Don't gotta wally tho @_@

(Rensei Shinkuken) – Drilling Crimson Blade
Description: The user takes out their blade and channels chakra into it. They then run towards the opponent, slashing them upwards into the air and then appear above him/her, and deliver a sharp, drilling slash down upon them, impelling them into the ground.
A simple two strike kenjutsu attack that uses the user's chakra to reinforce the force behind each strike. The user will run towards the opponent and slashes them up into the air where they will then use the opponent's disorientation from the previous slash to jump above them where they will deliver a final drilling slash back downwards into the ground skewering the opponent into the earth.

(Suraisu Shinku no Nami) - Slicing Crimson Wave
Range: Mid
Description: The user does a simple cresent-shaped slash at the opponent, expelling a red chakra wave.
Quite simple to understand I hope. The dimensions of the slash matches that of the sword so the wave is quite narrow, but it makes up with its wideness.

You must be registered for see images

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Heiko dashes towards the first clone, while channeling his chakra into the blade, before slashing it upwards into the air, and then he would appear above it, slashing it violently another time downwards into the ground.

As soon as Heiko lands back on the ground, he faces the second clone, before slashing his sword outwards towards it, expelling a red chakra wave.

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Heiko dashes towards the first clone, while channeling his chakra into the blade, before slashing it upwards into the air, and then he would appear above it, slashing it violently another time downwards into the ground.

As soon as Heiko lands back on the ground, he faces the second clone, before slashing his sword outwards towards it, expelling a red chakra wave.
Zero arrives and steps right in the path of the crimson wave performed earlier by Heiko. He quickly draws out his sword halfway out of the scabbard to reveal the samurai sabre technique. He easily disperses the wave. He glares at his student before speaking as he sheathes his sword.

"I'll be taking over your training...I might seem like a serious individual...but I really just want....to open up a resteraunt so clock in and get on duty. First things first we're going to tenderize the meat *pulls out a slab of meat....get your mind out of the gutter* Once you're done with that....get rid of my competition with the next jutsu......"

NOTE: Try to have a bit more detail than in your last post.

Description: The user bolts in front of the enemy who they then strike with their sword handle before delivering several kicks that sends the enemy into the air. The user then bolts across to the far off location of the enemy who they then punch violently into an obstacle.

Its funny because this is more of a taijutsu then a kenjutsu, but there is a little bit where you use the handle of your blade. So yeah, strike with your sword handle and then launch several kicks with the intent to get the enemy in the air. Once they are in the air, you then deliever a final strike/punch to send them into the ground/obstacle.

(Gōken: Kabuto Kudaki) Strong Sword: Helmet Crusher
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user enhances chakra into sword, increasing its size and cutting power by creating a chakra sword. Then, he delivers a straight slash into the ground, creating a huge shockwave that will deal massive damage to his opponent.

Nothing to out of the ordinary. You create a chakra sword, by channeling chakra into your sword lol. You use this to attack the enemy in a more unique way by making a downward slash and hitting the ground to release a powerful and huge shockwave toward the enemy. It is a nice attack if you ever need to keep your distance whilst using Kenjutsu.The sword itself has greater size and cutting power, so other applications of this jutsu might come in handy.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I already learned Gambling Bird Arrowroot Death, i even used it in Iwa NW. :| also im not sure what you wanted me to attack.. ._.

Kakashi focuses his chakra on his sword, increasing it's size considerably. He then lifts it above his head, before slashing it down into the ground, causing a huge shockwave to be produced towards a dummy that he aimed at, completely destroying it.

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I already learned Gambling Bird Arrowroot Death, i even used it in Iwa NW. :| also im not sure what you wanted me to attack.. ._.

Kakashi focuses his chakra on his sword, increasing it's size considerably. He then lifts it above his head, before slashing it down into the ground, causing a huge shockwave to be produced towards a dummy that he aimed at, completely destroying it.
You were supposed to destroy my competition down the street.....I'm opening a restaurant...my competition is a restaurant....LOL, well don't worry about that for now. There are more important matters. This restaurant was built a little unconventional. My power generator is underground and I don't feel like going downstairs to turn in on. INSTEAD, I will send an electrical current toward you, and you will place your sword into the ground while using the great equalizer that is chakra to channel the lightning through your blade and into the ground. The power should cut on then. >_>....trust me, this is the only thing we can do.

( Kenjutsu: Hirashin ) - Sword Technique: Lightning Rod
Type: Supplementary
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user by use of a sword can use it as a rod to attract lightning currents that are channeled into the user from opponents attacks and by pointing the tip of the blade into the ground the user is then able to dispel the lightning charge nullifing the effects of paralysis. However this only works on free flowing lightning based techniques such as the Chidori current and not on focused lightning based techniques

This is a nice jutsu if you are using a samurai, or are in a real bind. If you don't feel like you can counter a certain technique that applies to this jutsu (current based raiton like Nagashi) then use this jutsu. Its a good defensive jutsu, but the opponent will be sure to use this opening to attack unless you have a partner, or a clone to go on the offensive while you defend. Basic, but it will serve its purpose.